Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway

Old 09-07-2014, 05:18 AM

Default is it possible I could hang out here?

I first became a member here back in the days of atheist sites where I was a mod, back then many sites sprang up due to disillusionment with the heavy handed rules these supposed 'free thinking sites' had. I really just tried to stay out of the fray, but that wouldn't do.

VicousMemories (For the life of me I can't think of anything other than vicious rather than vicous decided to not like me and being a mod, wasted no time in responding to every post I made in a less than charitable way.

Way back then I think where I got myself into trouble was I posted a pic of an 11-12 year old female child who was dressed and made up to appear like a very sexually attractive adult. It is not as if I were the photographer, it was just a random pic I came upon while web surfing. I posted it asking a simple question I thought fair for a forum like this. "Should parents dress up their girls to look sexually attractive when they are still just kids?" Or something like that.

Anyway, what happened is a forum member really, really didn't like what I said and accused me of being some kind of sexual deviant/child molester. I was kind of like 'gimme a brake sister, get over your drama'.

Now here is were we get into my own interpretation of events. Vicous seemed to hate me. I mean just despise me. I couldn't post anything anywhere without his unkind comments so I just got sick of it and went away.

A couple years later I came back under a different name (can you blame me?) as I just didn't want to deal with the baggage. Things went just fine until Vicous being the admin figured out I was posting under a different name and pretty much just called me a sexual deviant/pervert and at that point as a father of 3 kids and having a really stressful job I was kind of like 'oh well, I tried. Guess I just vacate the premises cuz I do not need this shit.'.

So life went on. Then I crashed and burned. Hard. My first born child experienced heart failure. Lots of really awful shit followed. I could not handle it. I made really awful, really harmful choices. I hurt lots of people and just crashed and burned. I returned here very bitter, made a post or 2 and then just went away again. No point seeking any understanding on the intertubes. Oddly, a few people from this forum did contact me privately and were really nice.

Anyway, it is now yet another few years and here I am.

I dunno. Do I need to have Vicous jump up and down and denounce me or can I just casually (and hopefully) thoughtfully post some stuff every once and awhile and not have to deal with a 10 year old misunderstanding?

This is a free thought forum and I value that, but does free thought mean an admin can still misjudge someone 10 years later? I guess it does. Maybe I should have thicker skin. Thing is I want to be here, but my skin really isn't all that thick. I do not wish to debate or defend. I just want to chat, hopefully make a friend or two. Am I in the wrong place?

-Dave
Old 09-07-2014, 06:10 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: is it possible I could hang out here?

I don't see a problem unless you decide to post something more than recipes and pictures of kittens. In which case you should probably grow a thicker skin.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:34 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Dear just me: let it go and move on. Why you keep coming back here with the expectation that it is going to be different, I do not know or care. I also refuse to give two shits about your self-imposed, I-bear-no-responsibility, my-life-is-hard victim status. You are unpleasant and disingenuous, now and in the past. So if you are actually asking a question here and will actually listen to anything but your own self-talk, my straightforward advice is to go somewhere else, where you don't have baggage.

Your version of past events: don't care.

Now please fuck off.
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (09-07-2014), Sock Puppet (09-08-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-10-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Welcome back, Just Me, perhaps part of it is to use the ignore function and just not care what others say or think. It's only the internet and a very small forum, so it's not like you're standing on a street corner getting abuse from everyone going by. Still there are several very thin skinned people here who take offense at just about anything, so just be careful what you post.

One other thing, no matter what you post, or how you word it, others will see it through their own agenda and run with it. Even if it's just one or two words out of your post and out of context. If you can't deal with that or ignore it, you might not want to be here. FYI I avoid threads that I know will be hostile to me.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:49 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

I think I am a pedo by dave

Memory lane. I'm sure thedoc will help you out here, with his good advice and his deep, reflective thoughts. If thedoc ever left, it would be the end of an era for sure.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
I think I am a pedo by dave

Memory lane. I'm sure thedoc will help you out here, with his good advice and his deep, reflective thoughts. If thedoc ever left, it would be the end of an era for sure.
The funny thing about this forum is that it really is a free thought forum. Anyone can say anything and that is really cool. Unfortunately some folks will use this to try and intimidate others into silence. Here is the thing "Chunks". You replied when you did not need to.

You freely chose to say you don't give a shit, but then why would you take up your time replying? Doesn't really make sense does it?

Then 'theDoc' comes along and really says nothing other than 'hey, if you wanna hang here get thicker skin. The dude actually seems to try to offer something helpful. Apparently you can't let a good deed go unpunished so you link to what you think is Liv and he disagreeing like, I dunno, I should just try to be the 'cool kid' and agree with the bullies. Nah.

Clearly this guy can't try to do a good deed without punishment.

That is one of the things I really cherish about the internet. Really tiny, under developed people thrive on it. Folks can be all mean and abusive and appear really dominant and strong, but then I meet them in real life and they are basically obese teens living in grandma's basement. They have no friends and no social skills so they become 'cyber bullies' and tell themselves they are doing the 'thin skinned' folks a favor.

Joan Rivers recently passed away. When she was alive, the most effective way to cause her plastic face to go full melt down was to imply she was 'mean'. Comedic license and all that crap. Comedian, internet dweeb, or garden variety loser. Really all the same.
Thanks, from:
democracy (09-14-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Admin

Yes, like every other member I am still allowed to post anything I want (except spam, illegal content, blahblah), including my opinion of you. On the flip side I don't spend much time here lately and you don't have to worry that I would go out of my way to interact with you, so you should be safe from my intolerable cruelty.
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (09-10-2014), Dingfod (09-08-2014), Kyuss Apollo (09-08-2014), livius drusus (09-10-2014), Sock Puppet (09-08-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-10-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Tellifying

Wait. What? I gotta go buy 10,000 candy canes?

But, my wife is Jewish! And we are trying to teach our kids better eating habits!

Where the hell do I buy candy canes at this time of year? Can I get the little ones? Or do they have to be full size?

Can they be blue and silver? That way, I can maybe pass them off as Chanukkah Canes or something.

Goddamnit.

Thanks, Obama.
BrotherMan (09-07-2014), chunksmediocrites (09-07-2014), Dingfod (09-08-2014), Janet (09-10-2014), Kyuss Apollo (09-08-2014), livius drusus (09-10-2014), Sock Puppet (09-08-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-10-2014), Stormlight (09-09-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 03:16 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Way back then I think where I got myself into trouble was I posted a pic of an 11-12 year old female child who was dressed and made up to appear like a very sexually attractive adult. It is not as if I were the photographer, it was just a random pic I came upon while web surfing. I posted it asking a simple question I thought fair for a forum like this. "Should parents dress up their girls to look sexually attractive when they are still just kids?" Or something like that.
Your memories are incorrect as you probably whitewashed them.

The girl was 5 and was not wearing any makeup nor was her hair coifed, curled, pinned or in any way done to look like an adult. You posted a head shot only (you had cropped out her very clearly small child body) and so she wasn't "dressed up" either. You then said several times how "hot" you found her.

People responded with very low emotion for quite a while, but you went all dickhead, as you tend to do, blaming the parents for posting a pic of their child on the Internet. Viscous even defended you at first.

Then you talked about how the raping and killing a specific persons children was "deserved" because you were butthurt. That is just unforgivable. So no, I don't think you would enjoy hanging out here.

Last edited by LadyShea; 09-07-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-07-2014), Janet (09-10-2014), Kyuss Apollo (09-08-2014), Qingdai (09-08-2014), slimshady2357 (09-07-2014), Sock Puppet (09-08-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-10-2014), Stormlight (09-09-2014), The Man (10-17-2014), viscousmemories (09-07-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Not drowning. Waving.

Pretty? Definitely. Cute? Ditto. Hot? You must be kidding, Dave. She's so obviously nowhere near teenaged, it's not funny. Just look at her fingers. If you think there's anything "hot" about her there's something seriously wrong with your wiring, and it has nothing to do with your alleged inability to get a reasonably close fix on her age.

In regard to your past forum experience, Viscousmemories did not misunderstand nor misjudge you. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. You may be better off taking your butthurt back to SC.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-09-2014), Stormlight (09-09-2014), The Man (10-17-2014), viscousmemories (09-07-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 06:26 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me View Post
Unfortunately some folks will use this to try and intimidate others into silence.
Can you give an example of someone trying to intimidate someone else into silence? Or were you accusing me of trying to intimidate you? If so, then be direct.

Quote:
Here is the thing "Chunks". You replied when you did not need to.
You asked a question. I gave you an answer. Need has nothing to do with it- choice does.

Quote:
You freely chose to say you don't give a shit, but then why would you take up your time replying? Doesn't really make sense does it?
Go back and re-read what I said I did not care about or what I did not give two shits about. I didn't say I don't give a shit about you coming back- I'd obviously rather you not, which may entirely backfire and motivate you to stay, because butthurt does seem to be one of your primary motivators, based on past behavior.

Quote:
Then 'theDoc' comes along and really says nothing other than 'hey, if you wanna hang here get thicker skin. The dude actually seems to try to offer something helpful. Apparently you can't let a good deed go unpunished so you link to what you think is Liv and he disagreeing like, I dunno, I should just try to be the 'cool kid' and agree with the bullies. Nah.

Clearly this guy can't try to do a good deed without punishment.
thedoc has nothing to contribute to almost every conversation, which he does in spades.

Quote:
That is one of the things I really cherish about the internet. Really tiny, under developed people thrive on it. Folks can be all mean and abusive and appear really dominant and strong, but then I meet them in real life and they are basically obese teens living in grandma's basement. They have no friends and no social skills so they become 'cyber bullies' and tell themselves they are doing the 'thin skinned' folks a favor.
Cool story brah.

If that mean, abusive person (like you telling someone about how her children deserved to be raped to death?) turned out to be "dominant and strong" in real life, would that then make their behavior okay? Please feel free to relate any single example of the many times you met people in real life who said things you didn't appreciate on the internet. Tell me all about their housing, age, weight, and the number of friends they had.

I look forward to your exit in a short time and then reappearance a year from now where you again retell your make-believe highly glossed version of past events, and relate that you have decided to bravely make a go of it again, in the hopes that you will be accepted without bias. Then melt down, rinse, repeat.

Move on with your life. Grow as a person. I dare you.

Last edited by chunksmediocrites; 09-07-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (09-08-2014), LadyShea (09-08-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-10-2014), Stormlight (09-09-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

I can confirm: chunks has no friends.

You can post here, just me. If you want. Good luck.
chunksmediocrites (09-07-2014), Dingfod (09-08-2014), viscousmemories (09-07-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 09:58 PM
you're next

hello. i'm sure you acted like a shithead and i'm sure others acted like shitheads, too. there are a lot of bullied looking to bully. they just wait for an opportunity to be mean, so either don't give them one or try to understand where it is coming from. that said, it's nice to have a place where you can basically say what you want and not be banned for it...be thankful for that. i am. it's why i still come here. this type of thing needs supporting, especially by those that don't fit in because they are the ones who make it great...not the gang. they make it boring and predictable.

and even they aren't much anymore.

anyhow...thanks liv and vm!
ceptimus (09-08-2014), viscousmemories (09-07-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 12:12 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Your memories are incorrect as you probably whitewashed them.

The girl was 5 and was not wearing any makeup nor was her hair coifed, curled, pinned or in any way done to look like an adult. You posted a head shot only (you had cropped out her very clearly small child body) and so she wasn't "dressed up" either. You then said several times how "hot" you found her.

People responded with very low emotion for quite a while, but you went all dickhead, as you tend to do, blaming the parents for posting a pic of their child on the Internet. Viscous even defended you at first.

Then you talked about how the raping and killing a specific persons children was "deserved" because you were butthurt. That is just unforgivable. So no, I don't think you would enjoy hanging out here.
I went dickhead in post #2 in that thread, my only post until toward the end of the thread.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

lololol gotta bump this
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (09-09-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 03:06 AM
A fellow sophisticate

bumpety bump because...
Old 09-10-2014, 03:27 AM
you're next

i remember posting a video taken at night by american forces in iraq of an iraqi fucking a donkey. you couldn't really make it out, but holy shit people got really riled up. of course, people were already angry at me. i still don't know why. i mean i have nice eyes :shrug:

i just went to youtube to see if i could find that video. i didn't find it, but i did find one of two dudes going at a donkey. like a donkey gang bang. they must be gay because they like it in the ass. anyhow, just google "iraqi fucking donkey" and thank me later.

my point at the time was the democrats taking it in the ass over iraq.

Last edited by ZEZOZE; 09-10-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (09-10-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Distinguished Guest

Default Free Speech Award

Last edited by democracy; 09-10-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:40 PM
THIS IS REALLY ADVANCED ENGLISH

Nobody will delete your post. You can delete the content yourself within 24 hours of making it, by clicking the Edit button and replacing it with (deleted) or whatever, but the post will stay.

After you've accomplished that, you can fuck off.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (09-13-2014), chunksmediocrites (09-10-2014), livius drusus (09-11-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 06:44 PM
THIS IS REALLY ADVANCED ENGLISH

I remember making a post in this thread where I was just trying to help a member by explaining the functioning of the board, which people saw as insulting or hostile for some reason.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-10-2014), Dingfod (09-10-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 09:27 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I remember that.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

I think this thread is a gambit to crack the top ten list of :ff:'s most put-upon pedos.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (09-11-2014), Janet (09-11-2014), JoeP (09-11-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Flyover Hillbilly

Or maybe :ff:'s top ten most lol'd-at and ridiculed Stormfront trolls, although there's likely a certain amount of overlap.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (09-11-2014), JoeP (09-11-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:43 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

:cletus:
Old 09-11-2014, 05:48 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

My most favorite part is the idea that democracy is "boycotting open channels ever since Sidhe was banned"...
My second favorite part is that democracy is still on :ff: PMing people
My third favorite part is ZEZOZE is totally jelly of the negative attention and is all like, "Hey! How come that guy is getting the attention! Look at me! I do stupid shit! Look at how stupid I've been! Anyone?"
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (09-13-2014), ChuckF (09-11-2014), Dingfod (09-11-2014), erimir (09-12-2014), Janet (09-11-2014), livius drusus (09-11-2014), Pan Narrans (09-11-2014), slimshady2357 (09-11-2014), Sock Puppet (09-11-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2014), The Man (10-17-2014)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway