Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 10-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Reality Adventurer

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I want people to know why I'm here. Due to the ignorant responses I have received, which floor me, I truly wish I could move on because the people here are totally out to get me without the slightest understanding of this man's achievements. I cannot move on to another forum because I know now that it would be a repeat of what I have experienced in here. Therefore, I am stuck, as much as I hate it. If people would just stop posting, they will be doing me a favor. Therefore, if people in here are absolutely positive he is wrong, then for the sake of the scientific method, please don't post anymore.
Peacegirl, as long as you post they will post. You are the most entertaining victim they have. When you don't post, not much goes on. They really don't want you to stop because they don't have anyone else to provoke.

If you want it to stop then you have to stop.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
I want people to know why I'm here. Due to the ignorant responses I have received, which floor me, I truly wish I could move on because the people here are totally out to get me without the slightest understanding of this man's achievements. I cannot move on to another forum because I know now that it would be a repeat of what I have experienced in here. Therefore, I am stuck, as much as I hate it. If people would just stop posting, they will be doing me a favor. Therefore, if people in here are absolutely positive he is wrong, then for the sake of the scientific method, please don't post anymore.
Peacegirl, as long as you post they will post. You are the most entertaining victim they have. When you don't post, not much goes on. They really don't want you to stop because they don't have anyone else to provoke.

They? :lol:

You are almost as clueless as peacegirl.

Let's review: Several pages back, you admonished everyone to stop posting to peacegirl because you said it wasn't nice to make fun of a crazy person.

Did you, or did you not, say that?

Then, after that, you came right back and again told her that she was a crazy person.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

The difference between you on the one hand, and we on the other, is this: You've made hundreds of posts simply calling peacegirl crazy (while hypocritically urging others to ignore her, which is what YOU can't do).

We, otoh -- and by we I mean just about everyone who has posted here who is not you or peacegirl -- have saved this thread by posting great discussions on real philosophy and science. Which you could never be bothered to do.

I suggest you dismount your high horse. It makes you look ridiculous, though I suppose that is nothing new for you.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-16-2012), But (10-16-2012), Dragar (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Reality Adventurer

Davidm, perhaps one day your self esteem will recover to the point where you do not have to denigrate people to feel good about yourself. If anyone is like peacegirl, it's gotta be you. You selectively forget l that i've been trying to get her to seek help. By continuing to entertain her ravings you allow her to avoid confronting her illness.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Davidm, perhaps one day your self esteem will recover to the point where you do not have to denigrate people to feel good about yourself. If anyone is like peacegirl, it's gotta be you. You selectively forget l that i've been trying to get her to seek help. By continuing to entertain her ravings you allow her to avoid confronting her illness.
:lol:

Let's be very clear.

All you do is attack and insult and denigrate peacegirl. That is ALL that you do. Therefore, I suggest you check the beam in your own eye, Homer.

It is comedic how you flatter yourself that repeatedly calling someone "crazy" amounts to tenderly and lovingly encouraging them to "seek help." :awesome:

The rest of us have repeatedly posted good science and philosophy in response to peacegirl's bilge.

Sure, we've said nasty things to her. But at least we TRIED to guide her out of her abyss of unreason. All you did, from the first, was to insult her without offering anything of substance to rebut her bilge.

The truth is, peacegirl has richly earned her opprobrium. She is a willfully ignorant huckster who is trying to con the gullible into buying a compendium of codswallop so that she can earn some spendin' loot. She is one of the most dishonest people that I have ever encountered, and I suspect that's true of most others here, too.

So, N.A., stow your concern trolling. You have personally insulted peacegirl more than all of us put together. Unlike us, though, you were too lazy, and probably too ill-informed, to offer the antidote to her unreason: actual science and philosophy, of which you probably know as little as peacegirl does.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-16-2012), But (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
By continuing to entertain her ravings you allow her to avoid confronting her illness.
Oh, and when were you planning to follow your own advice? :awesome:
Old 10-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Reality Adventurer

Really davidm, you're getting desperate. I pay little attention to the content of her ravings since she is crazy. I'm more interested in how her illness is manifest in her posts.

If a person is insane it is no more an insult than calling someone covered in mud filthy.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
WTF? Are you seriously unable to prevent yourself from clicking on :ff: and then reading this thread and posting responses?

If you really don't want to be here, ask for a self ban. Scramble your password. Delete the bookmark. Just stop pointing your Internet at Freethought Forum.

Asking people to stop posting because you are somehow stuck on a discussion forum (which how is that possible), and cannot seem to stop yourownself is ridiculous.

And how does the scientific method fit into this bag of crazy, here?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-16-2012), Crumb (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Spiffiest wanger

:pat:

And how has she responded to your helpful hand in repeatedly calling her crazy, N.A.? In repeatedly noting that she is covered in mud, and therefore filthy?

Not very well, eh? She has lashed out at you probably more than at any of us.

And you have the nerve to suggest that we, excluding your own royal self, are treating her as an "entertaining victim."

That, in fact, is what YOU are doing. We are not doing that. The proof is that we rebut her ravings with good science and philosophy, whereas you just reflexively and viciously insult her.
Thanks, from:
Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Reality Adventurer

Davidm, you must have a guilty concience.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:51 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
WTF? Are you seriously unable to prevent yourself from clicking on :ff: and then reading this thread and posting responses?
Yes, I think this exactly describes her situation. She will never leave.

Quote:
If you really don't want to be here, ask for a self ban. Scramble your password. Delete the bookmark. Just stop pointing your Internet at Freethought Forum.
I don't think she could bring herself to do this either.

Quote:
She doesn't know. She's just throwing words out there hoping some of them make some kind of sense.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Davidm, you must have a guilty concience.

Unable to meet and rebut the points made, you resort to the peacegirl tactic of insult and ad hominem. Very telling, N.A.

Tell me, how has she responded to your tender, benevolent, fatherly encouragements to "get help"? Not very well, has she? One would almost think that you are a sadist who enjoys attacking her. Perhaps we are too; it's a point I think we should all confront. In our defense, however, as I would reiterate: Unlike you, all of us from the first have attempted to rebut her nonsense with facts and reason. And a lot of the venom we have directed her way has to do with her repeated displays of willful ignorance, evasion, prevarication and insults directed at us (like telling The Lone Ranger he needed to go back to school, Laugh Out Loud).

What's your excuse for insulting her, N.A.? Unlike us, you have never tried to engage with her on the level of facts, evidence, science, philosophy or reason. You just spew one-liner hatred at her.

Guilty conscience? I expect so. That's why you can't stop responding to me right now, isn't it?

:grin:
Thanks, from:
Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Reality Adventurer

davidm, by now I really should know better. With peacegirl possibly gone you are desperate to fuck with someone else.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
davidm, by now I really should know better. With peacegirl possibly gone you are desperate to fuck with someone else.
What does that even mean? Anything? Or are you just reduced to stringing words together in random fashion, like peacegirl?

Perhaps you mean that I am desperate to fuck with you? Remember the last time that you made that claim, not just about me but about others as well? What was the response to it, N.A.?

It was ----> :crickets:

Methinks you flatter yourself too much. :wave:
Thanks, from:
Old 10-16-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Methinks you are both obsessed with each other, get a room.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
You are accepting compatibilism because you believe it resolves the conflict, but how can we have free will and no free will at the same time. You're giving special allowances for human behavior, which is certainly not scientific. It's is a complete contradiction. You want this to be true so punishment can be justified, which you believe is necessary in preventing these type of behaviors.
Why should punishment have to be justified? It is inevitable that those who have both the power and the desire to punish will punish. Only be inflicting punishment can they move in the direction of their greatest satisfaction. It is an indisputable fact that no justification is required, for in regard to this their wills are not free. This has been determined with mathmatical certainty.

Quote:
Again, conscience is here to serve one purpose and one purpose only: to allow or disallow certain actions based on whether or not they are justifiable.
This just shows how confused both you and Lessans are. The sole purpose of conscience is to make people feel guilty and miserable. This indisputable fact has been determined with mathmatical certainty.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Oh come on - you know you really can't do without us Peacegirl. No-one else will discuss this book! The fact that people are willing to make fun of it and argue the toss about it with you gives you the feeling that it at least causes controversy, and this gives you a sense of validity. As long as you can make yourself believe you are defending it here, you can make yourself believe you are Valiantly Defending the Truth...

In reality, of course, you are wasting your time with a bunch of internet toss-pots. This is fine, as most of the people here love a pointless argument (I know I do!) and since you get your own particular type of satisfaction out of it. But you do make yourself look a little bit silly when you start this endless "I am going home and I am taking my toys with me!" nonsense. We all have other interests too. You are the mono-maniac around here. What would you do with your time if we didn't provide you with some daily drama?
Thanks, from:
But (10-16-2012), Spacemonkey (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Guilty conscience? I expect so. That's why you can't stop responding to me right now, isn't it?

:grin:
davidm, you just can't help yourself, can you?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That actually sounded sincere. Wowwwwww! :eek:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 10-16-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Asking people to stop posting because you are somehow stuck on a discussion forum (which how is that possible), and cannot seem to stop yourownself is ridiculous.

No one seems to be able to stop coming to this thread. It's like you're all mesmerized, which makes it difficult for me because I feel compelled to answer any legitimate questions that pop up from time to time. They are getting fewer and fewer though, and because of this bag of crazy, it would be suicidal for me to actually explain his discovery. All the roaches would come out in full force and I'd be smothered in roach doo doo.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post

And how has she responded to your helpful hand in repeatedly calling her crazy, N.A.? In repeatedly noting that she is covered in mud, and therefore filthy?

Not very well, eh? She has lashed out at you probably more than at any of us.

And you have the nerve to suggest that we, excluding your own royal self, are treating her as an "entertaining victim."

That, in fact, is what YOU are doing. We are not doing that. The proof is that we rebut her ravings with good science and philosophy, whereas you just reflexively and viciously insult her.
As much as you are falsely accusing me of being a huckster, I have to say thank you for defending me. I'm sure you didn't mean for me to feel warm and fuzzy toward you, but for a split second I actually did. :D

Old 10-16-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
You are accepting compatibilism because you believe it resolves the conflict, but how can we have free will and no free will at the same time. You're giving special allowances for human behavior, which is certainly not scientific. It's is a complete contradiction. You want this to be true so punishment can be justified, which you believe is necessary in preventing these type of behaviors.
Why should punishment have to be justified? It is inevitable that those who have both the power and the desire to punish will punish. Only be inflicting punishment can they move in the direction of their greatest satisfaction. It is an indisputable fact that no justification is required, for in regard to this their wills are not free. This has been determined with mathmatical certainty.
Angakuk, we have no alternative at this point except to punish those who do harm to others. If we can prevent them from doing this harm, do we need to punish?

Quote:
Again, conscience is here to serve one purpose and one purpose only: to allow or disallow certain actions based on whether or not they are justifiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk
This just shows how confused both you and Lessans are. The sole purpose of conscience is to make people feel guilty and miserable. This indisputable fact has been determined with mathmatical certainty.
Are you saying that conscience serves no purpose; that we should not contemplate the guilt and misery we would feel if we hurt someone without justification?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Oh come on - you know you really can't do without us Peacegirl. No-one else will discuss this book! The fact that people are willing to make fun of it and argue the toss about it with you gives you the feeling that it at least causes controversy, and this gives you a sense of validity. As long as you can make yourself believe you are defending it here, you can make yourself believe you are Valiantly Defending the Truth...
The reason I am here are not for the reasons you gave. I haven't even attempted to promote this book because I'm not ready, but when I do, I will have no reason to come here. Believe me, this is not the place someone comes to to be validated. :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
In reality, of course, you are wasting your time with a bunch of internet toss-pots. This is fine, as most of the people here love a pointless argument (I know I do!) and since you get your own particular type of satisfaction out of it. But you do make yourself look a little bit silly when you start this endless "I am going home and I am taking my toys with me!" nonsense. We all have other interests too. You are the mono-maniac around here. What would you do with your time if we didn't provide you with some daily drama?
The one agreement we have is that I get a particular type of satisfaction out of being here, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I would be getting my satisfaction elsewhere. You've just endorsed the book. Thank you very much! :D

Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
I haven't even attempted to promote this book because I'm not ready
Why aren't you promoting your website? What readying is left?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I feel compelled to answer any legitimate questions that pop up from time to time.

All the roaches would come out in full force and I'd be smothered in roach doo doo.

Well isn't that interesting, you feel compelled to answer questions but you never do. You just duck and dodge and evade.

Now isn't this a lovely mental image a big pile of Lessans/Peacegirl Doo Doo covered with Roach Doo Doo?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't even attempted to promote this book because I'm not ready
Why aren't you promoting your website? What readying is left?
The book. The printer made errors and sent me books that had the margins completely unbalanced. People can buy this book and still get the major points, but it's not what I'm going to promote until they fix these problems. That's what POD publishing allows you to do, otherwise, you would be stuck with tons of books that are not satisfactory. You have to remember that in conventional publishing, you make a mistake, and it's a done deal.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy