Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-03-2012, 04:51 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
A mirror is an object that interacts with light! What about aluminium foil? Could we see that in real time? What about crumpled aluminium foil?
No, because the light is too bright, but this has NOTHING to do with these claims. Do you actually think this one example proves Lessans wrong? Of course. You are all so matter of fact it makes me cringe. :(

Quote:
We can see aluminum foil in real time, why wouldn't we?
Which is it? Can we see aluminium foil in real time, or can we not?

Quote:
I didn't understand the point of his question. We would see the white object in real time. Again, why wouldn't we? Why would this be any different than any other object that is interacting with light?
Exactly, why would this be any different from any other object that is interacting with light, like a mirror? Or aluminium foil? Or crumpled aluminium foil? Or glass? Or a white object?
Bump
Old 06-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Spiffiest wanger

She is not going to answer these questions. She can't answer them. She's helpless. She's already been "tricked" into admitting that we see reflected light in delayed time. That's the end of her whole game. It not only contradicts Lessans, it contradicts the crap she has been spewing for hundreds of pages. Even if she now tries to salvage this stupidity by admitting that we see reflected light in delayed time but maintaining that we see source light in real time, a wholly asinine position since it is all the same light, she still ends up contradicting Lessans and her earlier arguments. Her crap is finished. There is nothing more to see here, now that she has admitted she is wrong.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A mirror is an object that interacts with light! What about aluminium foil? Could we see that in real time? What about crumpled aluminium foil?
No, because the light is too bright, but this has NOTHING to do with these claims. Do you actually think this one example proves Lessans wrong? Of course. You are all so matter of fact it makes me cringe. :(

Quote:
We can see aluminum foil in real time, why wouldn't we?
Which is it? Can we see aluminium foil in real time, or can we not?

Quote:
I didn't understand the point of his question. We would see the white object in real time. Again, why wouldn't we? Why would this be any different than any other object that is interacting with light?
Exactly, why would this be any different from any other object that is interacting with light, like a mirror? Or aluminium foil? Or crumpled aluminium foil? Or glass? Or a white object?
Bump
If real time turns out to be true, the type of matter would have nothing to do with this fact, although the type and consistency of the material will have everything to do with the angle and intensity of the non-absorbed light.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
She is not going to answer these questions. She can't answer them. She's helpless. She's already been "tricked" into admitting that we see reflected light in delayed time. That's the end of her whole game. It not only contradicts Lessans, it contradicts the crap she has been spewing for hundreds of pages. Even if she now tries to salvage this stupidity by admitting that we see reflected light in delayed time but maintaining that we see source light in real time, a wholly asinine position since it is all the same light, she still ends up contradicting Lessans and her earlier arguments. Her crap is finished. There is nothing more to see here, now that she has admitted she is wrong.
You would love to believe that, wouldn't you? It would free you from having to be here to defend your position. But this isn't a game to be won or lost by a click of a mouse. It is either the truth or it's not, and just because I misunderstood the question is not the deal breaker you thought it was.

Last edited by peacegirl; 06-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
If real time turns out to be true, the type of matter would have nothing to do with this fact, although the type and consistency of the material will have everything to do with the angle and intensity of the non-absorbed light.
So you are saying now that regardless of the type of material, we see everything in delayed time?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
peacegirl is schizophrenic. Without medication she will always insist that her delusions are real no matter how many times you "trick" her into admitting they are not. The only way to make this over is to stop trying to "trick" her and make this about her illness.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So you are saying now that regardless of the type of material, we see everything in delayed time?
No, that's not what I'm saying. I have said all along that light is a necessary condition of sight. We can't see anything without light, but the pattern of non-absorbed light does not bounce off of the object and travel through space and time. That doesn't mean the full spectrum of electromagnetic energy isn't traveling.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I'm sincerely sorry. :(

We all know that you are sorry, it would be nice if you would appologize.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
but the pattern of non-absorbed light does not bounce off of the object and travel through space and time. That doesn't mean the full spectrum of electromagnetic energy isn't traveling.

But we all know that this is wrong, light does reflect off an object and the light is the pattern of the image that travels to the eye or camera. We also know that most light that travels is NOT full spectrum. For example the light reflected from the red ball is composed of red light and does not combine with other light to form 'white light', it remains distinct and can be focused with a lens to form an image of the red ball.

You are welcome in advance for the lesson in reality.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
You would love to believe that, wouldn't you? It would free you from having to be here to defend your position. But this isn't a game to be won or lost by a click of a mouse. It is either the truth or it's not, and just because I misunderstood the question is not the deal breaker you thought it was.
You misunderstood the question? A question so simple that an ocelot could understand what was being asked? :lol: So now you are back to denying we see reflected light in delayed time? But what about the Fizeau experiment, peacegirl? It proves we see reflected light in delayed time!

You are history. Fork, :fork: meet peacegirl.

Buh bye! :wave:

You really should see a psychiatrist, if you aren't already.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You misunderstood the question? A question so simple that an ocelot could understand what was being asked? :lol: So now you are back to denying we see reflected light in delayed time? But what about the Fizeau experiment, peacegirl? It proves we see reflected light in delayed time!
We can measure light David by the time it takes to arrive, but this does not prove that the brain interprets objects from this light as it travels to our eyes, nor does it prove that non-absorbed photons are bouncing off of objects and traveling, even though the full spectrum of electro-magnetic energy does travel. I understand that this is still a difficult concept to grasp, but that does not mean it's wrong.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, that's not what I'm saying. I have said all along that light is a necessary condition of sight. We can't see anything without light, but the pattern of non-absorbed light does not bounce off of the object and travel through space and time. That doesn't mean the full spectrum of electromagnetic energy isn't traveling.
Can we see aluminium foil in real time? Can we see a mirror in real time?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I understand that this is still a difficult concept to grasp, but that does not mean it's wrong.

Unfortunately you do not understand many things. And the concept is difficult to grasp precisely because it is wrong.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
I understand that this is still a difficult concept to grasp, but that does not mean it's wrong.

Unfortunately you do not understand many things. And the concept is difficult to grasp precisely because it is wrong.
Not so much that it is wrong, although it is that, but because it is the incoherent babbling of a schizophrenic. peacegirl has not made much sense since post 1. Get help peacegirl, your condition can be treated.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:

Not so much that it is wrong, although it is that, but because it is the incoherent babbling of a schizophrenic. peacegirl has not made much sense since post 1. Get help peacegirl, your condition can be treated.

Agreed, The incoherent babbling does not make it right or wrong but it contributes to the confusing nature of an inherently incorrect idea.

'If you can't dazzle them with 'brilliance', baffel them with 'Bull Shit'.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We see everything in real time, if Lessans is right. How can we see in delayed time if we see in real time? The brain doesn't switch back and forth. It's one or the other.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Oh my god. Would you please stop repeating yourself because it doesn't change a thing, especially the truth of how we see. :doh:
Sure, I'll stop repeating myself as soon as you answer my questions.

1) Do you accept that you have significant memory impairment?

2) Are you presently in institutional care of any sort?

3) Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for any mental health related condition?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 PM

Peacegirl, in real-time photography, in a scenario involving only an object, a camera, and light (and no eyes, brains, or vision)...

1) You agree that some of the light which hits the object is not absorbed, still exists 0.0001sec after hitting the object, and must have a location at that time. So what is the location of these nonabsorbed photons 0.0001sec after they have hit the object? Are they about 30 meters from the object and traveling away from it at light speed? Yes or No? If no, then where are they located at this time?

2) You agree that there are photons at the camera film (interacting with it to determine the color of the resulting image) when the photograph is taken, that this light also existed 0.0001sec before the photograph was taken, and that it must have had a location at this time. So what is the location of these photons 0.0001sec before they are at the camera film (i.e. 0.0001sec before the photograph is taken)? Were they about 30 meters away from the camera film and traveling towards it at light speed? Yes or No? If no, then were were they located at this time?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 PM

Care to remind us again of how the red photons get to be at the camera film at the very moment the distant object first turns red? Where did you say those same photons where just a moment beforehand?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
We can't see anything without light, but the pattern of non-absorbed light does not bounce off of the object and travel through space and time.
Ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
They can't disperse unless they are traveling. And no-one says they travel with a pattern. They travel in a pattern. All this means is that the red photons bounce off the parts of the object that are absorbing all non-red light, while blue photons bounce off the parts of the object that are absorbing all non-blue light. The only way to avoid this reflected non-absorbed light from traveling in this pattern is to either violate the laws of the angle of reflection or have light not moving in straight lines. On your account, what stops the nonabsorbed light from traveling in a pattern such that non-absorbed red photons are traveling in a straight line away from the red parts of the object, while non-absorbed blue photons are traveling in a straight line away from the blue parts of the object?
Quote:
Nothing in my account stops non-absorbed light from traveling in a pattern...
Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Care to remind us again of how the red photons get to be at the camera film at the very moment the distant object first turns red? Where did you say those same photons where just a moment beforehand?
Please stop Spacemonkey. You don't understand the difference between these two models. You can't go by photons arriving at the eye in this model even though we know light does travel, because that would mean there is a delay in seeing the object. There is no delay in this model. There is no time involved at all. Why can't you wait until further testing either supports his claims or doesn't, instead of making it look like I'm the one with the problem? I don't think there's any progress to be made in continuing this discussion.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Please stop Spacemonkey. You don't understand the difference between these two models. You can't go by photons arriving at the eye in this model even though we know light does travel, because that would mean there is a delay in seeing the object. There is no delay in this model. There is no time involved at all. Why can't you wait until further testing either supports his claims or doesn't, instead of making it look like I'm the one with the problem? I don't think there's any progress to be made in continuing this discussion.
Don't be so stupid. YOUR MODEL has light at the film. So YOUR MODEL needs to say where that light previously was. So...

Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM

1) Do you accept that you have significant memory impairment?

2) Are you presently in institutional care of any sort?

3) Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for any mental health related condition?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl you are the one making it look like you have a problem. Nobody but you is doing this. There is no need to wait for testing. Go to a doctor and get tested. Your condition is treatable.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/index.html

Last edited by naturalist.atheist; 06-04-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
We see everything in real time, if Lessans is right. How can we see in delayed time if we see in real time? The brain doesn't switch back and forth. It's one or the other.
That's right, it's one or the other. But it isn't real-time seeing, because the Fizeau experiment alone disproves this. The light, the mirror, the reflection of the light in the mirror, none of these things is seen in real time, as I explained to you.
Thanks, from:
Dragar (06-03-2012), LadyShea (06-04-2012)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy