Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Default Re: New And Improved Rant Thread, now with 50% more profanity!

Anna's Linens sells them if you have one in your area. That is where I got my piano window curtains from, and they were super cheap.
freemonkey (03-20-2010)
Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 AM
professional left-winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
Anna's Linens sells them if you have one in your area. That is where I got my piano window curtains from, and they were super cheap.
Thanks. I didn't see anything that fit my particular needs for now, but site is bookmarked for future.

I was looking at some other curtains and see that many of the hems are just whip-stitched. I might be able to do that by hand.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:01 AM
lumpy proletariat

Dear BankfuckAmerica -

Thank you for your letter regarding my application for a credit card. I decline your declining of my application. The reason given: "due to lack of credit history, we deny you credit for the future" is unacceptable. Never fucking mind that I have had accounts with you for over two decades now, never mind also the X-ty thousand dollar CD I have maintained with you for nearly a year and a half now. You have been using my money on loan, but decline to loan me any for even a second because I have not asked to borrow before.

Yes, indeed, I have paid (most often cash) for whatever it was that I wanted or needed - waiting until I actually had enough to buy whatever it was outright, or have just done without. O! Responsible consumer - damn thee to hell!!

And now that I offer you the opportunity to usury me, you decline! As if I wanted you in the first place! All I wanted was to build up credit so as to borrow even more money to buy a house or somesuch long-lasting thing - but no. I see. I scorned your pretty plastic for all these years - I suppose you are right to turn your nose up at me as if I were some dumb jock hitting on suddenly pretty you at a dance club years after having laughed while the pigs blood poured out that prom night - but whatever. What. Ever.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Don't go it alone, in the world of credit (because them denying you credit, just dinged your credit record) ask for help from these people here.

Portland Housing Center

They will tell you how to build credit without going crazy.
Thanks, from:
Caligulette (03-21-2010), freemonkey (03-22-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Coffin Creep

In a way, in this day and time, having a banker tell you that you don't know how to manage your money, is a compliment.
Caligulette (03-21-2010), Crumb (03-21-2010), curses (03-21-2010), freemonkey (03-22-2010), godfry n. glad (03-23-2010), Shelli (03-22-2010), Stormlight (03-31-2010), Watser? (03-21-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM
lumpy proletariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir's blood View Post
In a way, in this day and time, having a banker tell you that you don't know how to manage your money, is a compliment.
I am quoting this here because we don't have a random quote generator to add it to.
Thanks, from:
Ymir's blood (03-21-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 04:21 AM
A fellow sophisticate

We do have a Non-Random Quote Generator.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
THIS IS REALLY ADVANCED ENGLISH

Cali, hon, BankFuckAmerica did you a HUGE favor by declining you. Seriously, no bank is anything but evil, but BoA is the absolute worst. Other banks will fuck you over left, right, and center, but BoA will find another, entirely novel way to fuck you over that nobody else thought of. They're innovators that way.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-22-2010), Caligulette (03-22-2010), freemonkey (03-22-2010), Qingdai (03-22-2010), Shelli (03-22-2010), Ymir's blood (03-22-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
professional left-winger

Cali, look here for a local credit union to apply to for a credit card.
Caligulette (03-22-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Queen?

Someone tried to refill a fucking Loritab precription 5 months old that belongs to ME!
I get a phone call from the dentist office wanting to know if I'm okay and wanted to know if I had try to get a prescription refilled. Yes, I am okay and will be in the office in 2 weeks for cleaning, and no I did not try to refill the Loritab precription which has been expired for sometime now. One of two things could have happened, 1) eldest daughter thought she could squeeze out a refill for selling and using or 2) the bottle was thrown away and someone else has tried to fill it. I called the pharmacy and it was evidently called in and there is no way to trace the call on their automated system. I am hoping like hell it was scenario #2, otherwise I don't know what the fuck to do.....
Old 03-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Fuck me, I should have known this would happen. It's time for annual Ribicoff reporting, and my company's governance department decided to change the procedure for this year. It was supposed to make it easier to compile the data for the report. So how exactly does doubling the number of attachments and burying the instructions at different levels of the attachments make things EASIER? I tried to recap the instructions for the mouthbreathing General Managers when I forwarded this unwieldy mess, but somehow that made matters worse.

For fuck's sake, we need this shit filled out by GMs, not smart people! WTF? And to top it off, it's NOT THAT FUCKING COMPLICATED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Somehow they managed to make answering three simple questions a labyrinthian mystery.

Wait, I already said "to top it off." Well, there are several toppings in this shit sundae. In past years, we had them go digging for this info once a year. That was too difficult, because apparently half our company can't remember what they had for lunch, let alone what happened a year ago. So they made it a quarterly thing this year. So far so good, I actually agreed with that. But wait, they only had two of the three questions answered quarterly, and snuck the third question (Question #1 of the report, actually ...) into the fourth quarter report without making it obvious (part of the brilliant "bury it in an attachment" strategy) -- and that question, unlike the other two, is supposed to be answered for the entire year, not quarterly.

Oh, and I gave them the deadline of today to get me the info. So of course the GMs sat on it and disseminated it to the people who actually have the data last week, a full month after I sent it out. And guess when I get questions about it? Ayyyyup. Today.

I may not have unraveled the convoluted mess enough for the brain-dead GM who asked me the dumbest questions, but I know it can't be impossible to penetrate, because ONE of them (the only female; is that thing about the male brain shrinking with age true? 'cause most of them are, ah, mature) sent me her report today, completed properly and in full. She's also the only one who asked me a clarifying question when I first sent it out, too. One question and she was good to go.

So fuck you Corporate Governance, for making such a procedural mess out of a kindergarten exercise. And fuck you good ol' boy GMs for being equal parts lazy and mindnumbingly bumfuck STUPID. Finally, thank you, Ms. A___, for giving me one useful report to tuck away and stare at wistfully while I wait for the poorly-compiled shit to come in, more than a day late and untold dollars short.

ETA: I just looked at Ms. A___'s email again. Turns out she's not a GM. So maybe it's not the brain-shrinking thing; my working theory is that a lobotomy is a requirement for promotion to General Manager.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
ŧiggermonkey

:hug: for inland wave

:manhug: for Sock Puppet
Sock Puppet (03-23-2010)
Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inland wave View Post
Someone tried to refill a fucking Loritab precription 5 months old that belongs to ME!
I get a phone call from the dentist office wanting to know if I'm okay and wanted to know if I had try to get a prescription refilled. Yes, I am okay and will be in the office in 2 weeks for cleaning, and no I did not try to refill the Loritab precription which has been expired for sometime now. One of two things could have happened, 1) eldest daughter thought she could squeeze out a refill for selling and using or 2) the bottle was thrown away and someone else has tried to fill it. I called the pharmacy and it was evidently called in and there is no way to trace the call on their automated system. I am hoping like hell it was scenario #2, otherwise I don't know what the fuck to do.....
It was me, I confess. I've been hooked on pain pills ever since you gave me your leftovers back in January. Can't you tell by the 12-14 hours of sleep I get per night?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Queen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inland wave View Post
It was me, I confess. I've been hooked on pain pills ever since you gave me your leftovers back in January. Can't you tell by the 12-14 hours of sleep I get per night?
yeah, this is not a laughing matter Ding...The total of three pills to relieve your neck pain...right.... 12-14 hours? more like four or five....
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Yes you are fucking welcome for me doing your job for you when your ass was against the wall and you had no fucking clue what to do! If the powers that be had an ounce of sense between them your job would be mine. I'll be sure to be reminding them that soon. :unnod:
inland wave (03-24-2010)
Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir's blood View Post
Not to mention a priceless irony.
Ymir's blood (03-23-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

:hai: Oh hello college graduate! Are you in a classroom with 85 other people? Then how about covering your fucking mouth when you cough?
Thanks, from:
Caligulette (03-25-2010), Dingfod (03-25-2010), irukandji (03-24-2010), Qingdai (03-25-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 PM

Ah, and here's the note from my favorite braindead GM, forwarding my note from over a month ago and saying: "[Underling]....I think I missed this. please round up responses from the guys and I'll handle on Thursday."

So here's the timeline: I sent this out on February 15. I set an Outlook "Follow-up" flag for last Monday, 3/15. That means a pop-up greeted every one of their pointed little heads last Monday that they have to click on to get off their screen, which makes my e-mail open up. Then this Monday, 3/22, I sent a reminder e-mail. So just now God's Special Creature forwards it on to his underlings.

Fucking pusbucket hell of diddly-ding-dong crap.

Thanks, from:
Dingfod (03-25-2010), inland wave (03-24-2010), Stormlight (03-25-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM
improperly uses ellipses....... with panache

things that make ya want to say :whatthefuck:

:wtfsign:

seriously!!!

i have 3 sons
thank none there are not 4

since feb 16th of this year, all three have had MVAs
ALL.THREE.

srsly! wtf?!?!

should have dipped deeper into the gene pool :facepalm:
Stormlight (03-25-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

WTF is an MVA?
Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-24-2010), Ensign Steve (03-24-2010), Stormlight (03-25-2010), Watser? (03-24-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 PM
The cat that will listen

motor vehicle accident
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-24-2010), Crumb (03-24-2010), Ensign Steve (03-24-2010), Stormlight (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 AM
professional left-winger

OMG!! Office Depot! I thought it was not possible to be any angrier with you, but it is! It fucking IS! I have sent you a detailed letter of complaint, and I will be returning your crap.
Caligulette (03-25-2010), Qingdai (03-25-2010), Ymir's blood (03-25-2010)
Old 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM
California Sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Listen up, you racist fucks*. Requiring students to prove eligibility to receive public ESL education (ie: prove that they are not illegal aliens [and don't even get me started on that misnomer because I don't have the time or energy]) is fucking stupid. I get it. You hate Mexicans. They took your jerb! But if you want them to assimilate (you do, don't you?) why in the world would you withhold ESL education? Because you are fucking stupid, that's why.

* Georgia lawmakers
:news:

Follow up: We are near the end of our annual audit cycle, and it turns out that every single county is having trouble reaching their recruitment goals for ESL. IMAGINE THAT! There's one school that has three ESL teachers on payroll, and exactly zero enrollment. :doh:

My boss says that we need to read or re-read Grapes of Wrath so we can be reminded of what happens when you treat your migrant workers like disposable tools and not human beings. :sigh:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (03-30-2010), Caligulette (03-27-2010), Stormlight (03-31-2010), Ymir's blood (03-26-2010)
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
California Sober

I woke up to a $600+ phone bill.

Then I dumped my entire lean cuisine down the front of my sweater and jeans.

Then I found out via email that my uncle died. Email? Srsly?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Now my problems seem rather petty, so I won't bother posting them.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium