Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Are you trying to convince me that you're right, or yourself? :chin:

We already know, and you are beyond hope, so now it's just for fun.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Hey, peacegirl, did you miss this? :popcorn:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, ass hat, why, when we send a radio transmission to Rovers on Mars, do we have to wait for the return message to come to us exactly in accord with the speed of light? Which means DELAYED, as in "delayed seeing." You do realize that the radio spectrum is LIGHT, yeah? Or no? If we had eyes as big as radio telescopes, we could SEE radio light.
Why do you keep going back to this when I am not disputing that radio waves travel, and I'm not disputing that light travels. What I am disputing is afferent vision, which means that the visible spectrum works with the brain and eyes differently. And if you call me this name one more time, just one, don't expect me to answer anymore of your stupid posts.
:lol:

You're not disputing that light travels! And so now let's go back to the supernova example.

According to YOU, if a star goes supernova, we would see that INSTANTLY, even if the star were 500 light years away! That is YOUR claim!

You also say that light travels, at a finite rate of speed, as well as neutrinos! Great!

This means, ACCORDING TO YOU, that if a star 500 light years away went supernova, we would see this RIGHT NOW on earth. But, ACCORDING TO YOU, we would have to wait 500 years for the photons and the neutrinos given off by the explosion to arrive on earth, since you are not disputing that photons travel, and travel at a finite rate of speed. Right?

So: you say that if a star 500 light years away went supernova, we would see it NOW on earth, but we would have to wait 500 years to register its photons and neutrinos.

IS THAT YOUR CLAIM, PEACEGIRL? YES OR NO?
I said there is a definite connection between the timing of neutrinos and photons, but the problem still exists as to how old these Supernova are, and whether we are seeing just an image from light, or whether we're seeing the real thing.
Are you saying that supernovas are really only a few miles away, ass hat? The Lone Ranger has already gone over this with you in some detail. Did it go in one ear and out the other, like everything else?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
"Should I be sent to a liar's prison or something?"

~ peacegirl (#574, 09/15/10)
Anywhere but here. Just leave!!!!!!!!!!!
The reason you are getting such a hard time is that you can't be banned or your thread closed on FF just because you're insane. So you are stuck in a hell made just for you. Posters will come and go but nothing will change, you will still get the same response because posters will be able to read what came before and you're compulsions will just drive you deeper into insanity.

It's probably already too late but try to get help peacegirl.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2012), But (05-01-2012), LadyShea (05-01-2012), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Because it doesn't add up Spacemonkey. This whole debacle of a thread doesn't add up, but who would hang out day after day at a thread that is useless? There isn't even any learning going on from other people, so what's your reason?
What was the reason I gave you? Do you remember? Can you tell me what that reason is and why it does not add up?
So now you're trying to psychoanalyze me? I'm not that interesting of a case study Spacemonkey. :glare:

Quote:
And you already forgot my answer to that? I'm bored. When I'm not bored anymore, I won't be here, you can take that to the bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
Not forgotten. Already addressed. Mere boredom does not explain your behavior. Boredom explains why someone does something interesting or that will bring them some kind of satisfaction. It does not explain why you would deliberately return to an environment where no-one thinks you have anything to offer and where everyone thinks you are a delusional and dishonest crackpot. You've repeatedly said that you think you are being unfairly attacked and persecuted. No-one seeks that out just because they are bored.
I'm at my computer and this is the only website I am interacting with. I guess I'm in need of socialization, if you want to call it that. It must be true that negative attention is better than no attention. I've given up on explaining the book, so I do ask myself why I'm here and that's what I came up with.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
but who would hang out day after day at a thread that is useless?
:you:
But I'm the author of this thread. I never see people hanging out at a thread that has nothing to offer. And right now, there's no purpose to this thread.
Certainly there is no purpose for you, but consider that many people like to laugh at the crazy person.

peacegirl, you are a laughing stock. That is why they come and post. To goad you on. To laugh when the insane person says something crazy.

You need to get help.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The reason you are getting such a hard time is that you can't be banned or your thread closed on FF just because you're insane. So you are stuck in a hell made just for you. Posters will come and go but nothing will change, you will still get the same response because posters will be able to read what came before and you're compulsions will just drive you deeper into insanity.

Ahem, and who wins the prize for being a broken record? You're acting obsessed. You can't leave for the life of you.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
If we had eyes as big as radio telescopes, we could SEE radio light.
No, we couldn't, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahem, and who wins the prize for being a broken record? You're acting obsessed. You can't leave for the life of you.
Yes, I have a problem. I can't stand to see a sick person be tormented so and not try to get the person to seek help.

I'm sure you would do the same if you were mentally healthy.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But I'm the author of this thread. I never see people hanging out at a thread that has nothing to offer. And right now, there's no purpose to this thread.
Certainly there is no purpose for you, but consider that many people like to laugh at the crazy person.

peacegirl, you are a laughing stock. That is why they come and post. To goad you on. To laugh when the insane person says something crazy.

You need to get help.
So let them laugh. It's not my business. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Eventually, I'll get the last laugh.
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Are you saying that supernovas are really only a few miles away, ass hat? The Lone Ranger has already gone over this with you in some detail. Did it go in one ear and out the other, like everything else?
David, you are forgetting that ...

or that ...

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You need to get help.
So let them laugh. It's not my business to care what people's opinions are. Eventually, I'll get the last laugh.
Don't you see just how sick that response is? You might as well say that you live to be persecuted.

Go get help peacegirl.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
What was the reason I gave you? Do you remember? Can you tell me what that reason is and why it does not add up?
So now you're trying to psychoanalyze me? I'm not that interesting of a case study Spacemonkey. :glare:
You can't do it, can you? You don't remember my previous answers, so you have no idea why they do not add up.

Quote:
I'm at my computer and this is the only website I am interacting with. I guess I'm in need of socialization, if you want to call it that. It must be true that negative attention is better than no attention. I've given up on explaining the book, so I do ask myself why I'm here and that's what I came up with.
So you are just here for the negative attention. We've been telling you that for some time now. And it is not at all healthy for you. The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop. Log off and don't come back. Get outside, go for a walk. Meet people, make some friends. Start a new hobby. Join a local photographic club. Take up yoga. Anything is better than persisting with this.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I have a problem. I can't stand to see a sick person be tormented so and not try to get the person to seek help.

Oh stop playing the compassionate one, you are anything but.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Ahem, and who wins the prize for being a broken record?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Well, that's true, it doesn't quite work like that.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can't do it, can you? You don't remember my previous answers, so you have no idea why they do not add up.
Whatever you say.

Quote:
Quote:
So you are just here for the negative attention. We've been telling you that for some time now. And it is not at all healthy for you. The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop. Log off and don't come back. Get outside, go for a walk. Meet people, make some friends. Start a new hobby. Join a local photographic club. Take up yoga. Anything is better than persisting with this.
I do a lot of those things already, but my attention is focused on the book right now. You're right though, I should leave and I will shortly.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh stop playing the compassionate one, you are anything but.
I know you say you are not sick but even you suspect something based on your comments.

What could it hurt? Just go to a profession and tell them the whole story. Maybe they will believe you and you'll get a convert and a clean bill of health.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Of course not, and we're talking about 1.5 seconds.

Hey just wait 1.25 seconds, first the time for light to get to the Moon was 1.25 seconds, then Peacegirl said it was 1.3 seconds and now it's 1.5 seconds. I know the Moon is moving away from the Earth but not that quickly.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
If this is the case, then you are deserving of compassion, and not censure, and you really should reach out to get help. If your socialization is limited to a Web site full of people you've never met, with you promoting a lot of nonsense that any educated person can see is nonsense, then this is a problem for you, peacegirl. With the best will in the world, I suggest you reach out for help.

I am done with this thread, now that I know your true circumstances. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Well, that's true, it doesn't quite work like that.
If we had eyes as big as radio telescopes that were built like radio telescopes, we could see radio waves. But if we just had eyes as big as radio telescopes of today, we would have really good vision (in the normal spectrum).
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
David, you are forgetting that ...

or that ...

You know what I meant by that. BTW, there would be no burned up Earth, and there would be no white light taking over the sky. But you blew it as usual. I can't put up with your crap anymore. You're back on ignore, hopefully for good.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:

What do you mean 'now', you've been psychoanalyzed for months and declaired 'batshit crazy' by almost everyone who reads your posts. Get help.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Well, to see radio waves we'd have to be entirely different sorts of creatures. If we were creatures built like radio telescopes (unlikely) we could see radio waves. Otherwise, according to Arthur C. Clarke anyway, our eyes could see radio light if they were several million times larger than they are.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Whatever you say.
Am I wrong? Can you do it or not?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I do a lot of those things already, but my attention is focused on the book right now. You're right though, I should leave and I will shortly.
If you do a lot of those things already then you are not in need of socialization as you claimed. And then your willingness to seek out and derive satisfaction from the negative attention you admit you are seeking here can no longer be explained by a lack of socialization. Why are you deliberately seeking out negative attention here if you can socialize positively elsewhere? It would seem that you are not seeking negative attention because it is all that you can get, but rather that you are deliberately seeking out negative attention for its own sake. And that is not healthy at all.

You never answered my question: If you are still here and posting a month from today, will we then be justified in saying that you are indeed insane?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
If this is the case, then you are deserving of compassion, and not censure, and you really should reach out to get help. If your socialization is limited to a Web site full of people you've never met, with you promoting a lot of nonsense that any educated person can see is nonsense, then this is a problem for you, peacegirl. With the best will in the world, I suggest you reach out for help.

I am done with this thread, now that I know your true circumstances. Good luck.
Hallelujah!!!!!!! Good bye David! May we never meet again. :D

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy