Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
It's their way or the highway, therefore I choose the highway because their way is not 100% right.
You don't understand science enough to make that statement.
I know intuitively that David is wrong when he tells me that efferent vision means information is being transferred faster than the speed of light. That's insane, but when someone is transfixed on their beliefs to the degree David is, there's no getting through. I know the irony meter is exploding right now.
:lol:

:ironymeter:

:foocl:

Information is being transferred INSTANTANEOUSLY in the idiot's model; that is infinitely faster than the speed of light!

Hey ... wait a minute!

What is wrong with everyone???

:loud:
:ironymeter: :laugh:

If information is propagated instantaneously, that means it travels infinitely fast. That means it travels infinitely faster than light.

Understand, airhead?
Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Hey! damn-it, no more shop talk! OK!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
No talking about this for 10 pages, remember? You made up the rules. :)

NO! Damn-IT, I made up the rules ! Can't you get anything right!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's their way or the highway, therefore I choose the highway because their way is not 100% right.
I know intuitively that David is wrong when he tells me that efferent vision means information is being transferred faster than the speed of light. That's insane, but when someone is transfixed on their beliefs to the degree David is, there's no getting through. I know the irony meter is exploding right now.

Information is being transferred INSTANTANEOUSLY in the idiot's model; that is infinitely faster than the speed of light!

Hey ... wait a minute!

If information is propagated instantaneously, that means it travels infinitely fast. That means it travels infinitely faster than light.

Understand, airhead?
Your premise is off, just like your premise that Lessans' reasoning was circular. :laugh:
Old 05-30-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
No talking about this for 10 pages, remember? You made up the rules. :)

NO! Damn-IT, I made up the rules ! Can't you get anything right!
I thought David said 10 pages of partying, but I could be wrong. I believe you this time, but don't get too excited. :P
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 PM

Doesn't anybody want to know the book I'm reading? I'm trying to change the subject if you haven't noticed? Well, even though no one is interested, I'll tell you anyway. It's called CORRUPTED SCIENCE: Fraud, ideology and politics in science by John Grant. :)
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey ... wait a minute!

Understand, airhead?
Your premise is off, just like your premise that Lessans reasoning was circular. :laugh:
Oh, my PREMISE is off? Do tell, you little uneducated, brainwashed ignoramus, how my premise is off.

As LadyShea has been endeavoring to explain to your brainless little head, in the experiment with lasers and SOS, that is information transfer BY DEFINITION.

When the sun is turned on, one acquires NEW INFORMATION -- that the sun is ON, and not OFF. Is Your Royal Highness so fucking thickwitted that she cannot even grasp the meaning of fucking information?

Or is that you actually understand all this (as who could not?) but that you are just a con artist trying to sell a book of shit to fools?

So under The Grand Idiot's "astute observation," information becomes available instantaneously -- which is impossible.

:wave:
Thanks, from:
But (04-12-2018)
Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey ... wait a minute!

Understand, airhead?
Your premise is off, just like your premise that Lessans reasoning was circular. :laugh:
Oh, my PREMISE is off? Do tell, you little uneducated, brainwashed ignoramus, how my premise is off.

As LadyShea has been endeavoring to explain to your brainless little head, in the experiment with lasers and SOS, that is information transfer BY DEFINITION.

When the sun is turned on, one acquires NEW INFORMATION -- that the sun is ON, and not OFF. Is Your Royal Highness so fucking thickwitted that she cannot even grasp the meaning of fucking information?

Or is that you actually understand all this (as who could not?) but that you are just a con artist trying to sell a book of shit to fools?

So under The Grand Idiot's "astute observation," information becomes available instantaneously -- which is impossible.

:wave:
You're premise is flawed David.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:03 PM

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee....You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way
again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for
her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up; she was tired of
fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high
fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and
in the last she placed ground coffee beans.. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in
a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and
placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, ' Tell me what you see.'

'Carrots, eggs, and coffee,' she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were
soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell,
she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich
aroma. The daughter then asked, 'What does it mean, mother?'

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water.
Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However, after being
subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin
outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside
became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling
water, they had changed the water..

'Which are you?' she asked her daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you
respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I
wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid
spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become
hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a
stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that
brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the
bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When
the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate yourself to another level? How
do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough
sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of
everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten
past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm Deplorable.

&feature=related
Old 05-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm Deplorable.

&feature=related
Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Just FYI, the coffee causes no change whatsoever to the boiling water. The water alters the coffee, not the other way around; that's an important difference.

But do feel free to keep displaying your near-total ignorance of even the most basic of scientific knowledge and principles.

Nothing that anyone else has said could possibly do more to discredit Lessans' claims than your own attempts to defend them.
Thanks, from:
Kael (05-31-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm Deplorable.

And now for something completely different,

Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Something for all the intellectuals out there

&feature=related
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Could have been a party, oh well,

&feature=related
Old 05-30-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Awww, poor kid. :)
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Just FYI, the coffee causes no change whatsoever to the boiling water. The water alters the coffee, not the other way around; that's an important difference.

But do feel free to keep displaying your near-total ignorance of even the most basic of scientific knowledge and principles.

Nothing that anyone else has said could possibly do more to discredit Lessans' claims than your own attempts to defend them.
I can see that now. I can see why nobody would ever accept, or even consider, Lessans' observations because they believe efferent vision would breach the laws of physics.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Any Artistic types out there?

&feature=related
Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I can see that. I can now see why nobody would ever accept, or even consider, Lessans' observations because they believe they counteract the laws of physics.
No, it's actually because Lessans conclusions from his alleged observations were wrong, and we have seen no evidence that he ever made any observations, except in his own imagination.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Is it getting hot in here?

&feature=related
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 12:10 AM

Hello, Dave?

--J. "This is Just a Saga, Now!" D.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm Deplorable.

These guys remind me of the time I played in an orchestra.

&feature=related
Thanks, from:
But (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I can see that. I can now see why nobody would ever accept, or even consider, Lessans' observations because they believe they counteract the laws of physics.
No, it's actually because Lessans conclusions from his alleged observations were wrong, and we have seen no evidence that he ever made any observations, except in his own imagination.
That's your opinion.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

So says the person who -- by her own admission -- is all but totally ignorant of the relevant experiments and theories which completely disprove Lessans' "observations."

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy