Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 05-30-2011, 05:05 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Well I'm not sure I agree with this, but I can see how, for anyone with a brain that is in good working order, reading this book would have an advers effect on the blood presure. On the other hand if you have a good sense of humor this book could be a real hoot.
This book was never meant to be humorous, or to give you a hoot doc. Go to a comedy club if that's what you're looking for. This is the strangest response I've ever heard. I know you think this book is insignificant, and I'm glad you had a good time with it, but due to your sarcastic attitude you will never be able to grasp the importance of this knowledge. :glare:

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-30-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
the internet says I'm right

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
For you to say that he can be debunked because of a theory...
That is not what I said at all. He can be debunked because of facts, not because of a theory. As in, we can easily produce singular, measurable, and repeatable events that flatly contradict what Lessans claims will happen. Very, very easily. Even if we had no solid theory of how we DO see, we could still easily show that his ideas are NOT how we see.

Many of these have been pointed out to you, of course, but you persist in alternately ignoring them or claiming that they don't actually contradict anything Lessans says, which requires its own special brand of ignorance.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I for one am So Sorry that you have disrupted your life for our sake. Perhaps if you had spent more time in the real world you wouldn't be having these difficulties because you would have seen that your father had lost it and like you didn't have a clue of what was real and what is fiction, no matter how nice it sounds on the surface.
All I have to say to one who never stops yapping: YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YOU ARE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO THINKS HE KNOWS MORE THAN HE DOES, BUT ACTUALLY KNOWS VERY LITTLE. HOW CAN I HAVE A CONVERSATION IN HERE WITH THIS KIND OF IGNORANCE, YOU TELL ME? :(

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-30-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Do you actually think I'm going to answer all of these questions that are bombarding me? I would have no time for anything. As it now stands, I have not done my laundry for two months; not seen my grandchildren for almost that long, except for a few hours, or done anything in regard to my other book. I cannot do this continually, so you will have to decide for yourselves whether there is any possible truth in what Lessans is saying, and continue on if it is worth it to you. You are entitled to disagree. Lessans himself would tell you that you are entitled to your opinon. That is why I loved him so much; he never told me what to do, who I'm supposed to be, or how valuable I was based on my attributes. His knowledge saved my life, and made me strong and confident in who I was born to be. I adored this man for that reason, and I hope you don't give up on this knowledge, but if you do, IT'S YOUR LOSS.
Important lesson for leaving in a huff - when you slam the door shouting "I will never set foot in this house again!", make sure you have your coat and carkeys.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (05-31-2011), Naru (06-14-2011), wildernesse (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Quote:
I for one am So Sorry that you have disrupted your life for our sake. Perhaps if you had spent more time in the real world you wouldn't be having these difficulties because you would have seen that your father had lost it and like you didn't have a clue of what was real and what is fiction, no matter how nice it sounds on the surface.
All I have to say to one who never closes his mouth: SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, AND YOU ARE CONTAMINATING THIS THREAD AS A PERSON WHO THINKS HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT, BUT KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. HOW CAN I HAVE A CONVERSATION IN HERE WITH THIS KIND OF IGNORANCE, YOU TELL ME? :(
Tantrum duly noted. An education in basic science and logic would also have been useful.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
HOW CAN I HAVE A CONVERSATION IN HERE?
:(
That does seem to be the problem with you on one side quoting incoherent nonsense, and everyone else on the other side trying to explain how the world really works. Simply put, Lessans got it wrong and nothing will change that.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
An education in basic science and logic would also have been useful.
But who needs education when you have blind faith to guide you.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well on our way to 200, ?
Are we there yet ?

??

??

??
??
??
?? - I'm getting thirsty.
??
??
?? can you hurry, I gotta go.
??
??
??
??
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Yes he is. - No he isn't.
- Ad nauseam - Ad infinitum.

Summary of 400 pages.

We're almost to the party?
Yea. :popcorn:
Old 05-30-2011, 06:09 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
For the sake of humanity? :dramaq:
For the sake of truth LadyShea. I understand your hatred for religion. I get it, but don't use your hatred for anything that smells of god, to reject anything that can lead to the truth, even if the word god is used in context.
I don't hate religion. I don't hate "anything that smells of God". Presumptuous aren't you?
Quote:
you are denying what someone has researched, read, and confirmed, for thirty years?
Why not? You have no problem denying what hundreds of scientists have spent a combined thousands of years (in man hours) testing and exploring and critiquing and refining and discovering.
Thanks, from:
wildernesse (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 PM
The cat that will listen

Quote:
Important lesson for leaving in a huff - when you slam the door shouting "I will never set foot in this house again!", make sure you have your coat and carkeys.
Quoted for truth in and out of this thread.
Thanks, from:
SharonDee (05-31-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
This entire thread went into a direction I wasn't prepared for, so what do you expect? A rocket scientist?
That's the point!

You know nothing about the relevent science, yet you're convinced that it's all wrong.

A more breath-takingly arrogant and willfully-ignorant attitude than yours would be difficult to imagine.
But the science does not discredit what Lessans is saying. Don't you get this Lone, or are you so caught up in your knowledge that you can't allow something new to cause a change in your thinking? I purposely capitalized my words not to be flamboyant, but to show exactly where there might be a flaw. If this flaw is corrected, this doesn't contradict physics whatsoever. :sadcheer:
Read this post, at least twice to ensure you understand Freethought Forum - View Single Post - A revolution in thought
And I have said that this kind of communication is not what Lessans is talking about. Nothing he has claimed defies the laws of gravity or physics.
Lessans stated flat out that we could visually communicate (by seeing what people are doing right now) in real time with a person on (or near) Rigel which is ~800 light years away. So yes, it was the type of communication he was talking about.

Also, I detailed in that post why and how efferent vision necessarily leads to faster than light communication. It is undeniable.

You cannot refute my post so are resorting to covering your ears and chanting "I can't hear you, nahnahnah"
Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM

As for you failing to do your life's necessaries, that's really nobody else's fault. If it's any consolation, you can leave knowing you gave it your best shot, and you persevered. If it's comforting for you to think we are wrong-headed, truth hating, and ultimately the losers here, well go right on ahead and peace be with you.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Hey, it's only a few posts off, does everyone know what they are bringing to the party? I certainly hope no-one has their priorities so screwed up that they would let Memorial Day interfere with

the big, larger than life, 200 page party.

So lets get ready, who's going to take us over the top?

Don't miss the event of the century.

I just hope I didn't over state that for such a sober group like this.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Hey, where is everyone, Hello?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael View Post
Quote:
For you to say that he can be debunked because of a theory...
That is not what I said at all. He can be debunked because of facts, not because of a theory. As in, we can easily produce singular, measurable, and repeatable events that flatly contradict what Lessans claims will happen. Very, very easily. Even if we had no solid theory of how we DO see, we could still easily show that his ideas are NOT how we see.
This whole thread has been an effort to contradict Lessans. Where does that undeniably prove him wrong? And what measurable and repeatable events are you talking about?

Quote:
Many of these have been pointed out to you, of course, but you persist in alternately ignoring them or claiming that they don't actually contradict anything Lessans says, which requires its own special brand of ignorance.
You're right, it proves someone is being ignorant, but the question is who?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
As for you failing to do your life's necessaries, that's really nobody else's fault. If it's any consolation, you can leave knowing you gave it your best shot, and you persevered. If it's comforting for you to think we are wrong-headed, truth hating, and ultimately the losers here, well go right on ahead and peace be with you.
LadyShea, I have given a lot of time to this group, but I did it of my own free will. :wink: I am glad I stayed the course. But what makes this whole thing so unfortunate is that this knowledge is being rejected for reasons that do not prove him wrong. This whole idea that Lessans breached the laws of physics is crazy, and people will not move forward, so there's nowhere to go.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This entire thread went into a direction I wasn't prepared for, so what do you expect? A rocket scientist?
That's the point!

You know nothing about the relevent science, yet you're convinced that it's all wrong.

A more breath-takingly arrogant and willfully-ignorant attitude than yours would be difficult to imagine.
But the science does not discredit what Lessans is saying. Don't you get this Lone, or are you so caught up in your knowledge that you can't allow something new to cause a change in your thinking? I purposely capitalized my words not to be flamboyant, but to show exactly where there might be a flaw. If this flaw is corrected, this doesn't contradict physics whatsoever. :sadcheer:
Read this post, at least twice to ensure you understand Freethought Forum - View Single Post - A revolution in thought
And I have said that this kind of communication is not what Lessans is talking about. Nothing he has claimed defies the laws of gravity or physics.
Lessans stated flat out that we could visually communicate (by seeing what people are doing right now) in real time with a person on (or near) Rigel which is ~800 light years away. So yes, it was the type of communication he was talking about.

Also, I detailed in that post why and how efferent vision necessarily leads to faster than light communication. It is undeniable.

You cannot refute my post so are resorting to covering your ears and chanting "I can't hear you, nahnahnah"
If you continue to say that any information we receive has to come directly from lightwaves, because that's how information is transferred, then, you're right, I persevered as long as I could, but now there's no point, just as there's no point in discussing his first discovery because the few refutations that were offered did not hold weight, and yet no one seems to care.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-31-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
LadyShea, I have given a lot of time to this group, but I did it of my own free will. :wink: I am glad I stayed the course. But what makes this whole thing so unfortunate is that this knowledge is being rejected for reasons that do not prove him wrong. This whole idea that Lessans breached the laws of physics is crazy, and people will not move forward, so there's nowhere to go.
You keep on believing that, I'll keep on hoping you come to your senses before you lose anymore life to irreparably flawed ideas.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's the point!

If you continue to say that any information we get has to come from lightwaves, then you will come to this conclusion. It's no surprise, but your reasoning is off.
Nope, I was talking about efferent vision as it has been presented.

Again, good luck holding dogmatically to these crazy ideas. May they serve some purpose for you.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Quote:
... people will not move forward, so there's nowhere to go.
And whose fault is that, pg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernesse View Post
Quote:
Quoted for truth in and out of this thread.
I don't mean to rant and rave and leave in a huff, but it is impossible to get anywhere with this issue, because people are so positive they are right. It's their way or the highway, therefore I choose the highway because their way is not 100% right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Quote:
... people will not move forward, so there's nowhere to go.
And whose fault is that, pg?
What do you mean by that?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
It's their way or the highway, therefore I choose the highway because their way is not 100% right.
You don't understand science enough to make that statement.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's the point!

If you continue to say that any information we get has to come from lightwaves, then you will come to this conclusion. It's no surprise, but your reasoning is off.
Nope, I was talking about efferent vision as it has been presented.

Again, good luck holding dogmatically to these crazy ideas. May they serve some purpose for you.
My ideas hold a purpose for me because, first and foremost, I believe they are correct based on observation. They are not crazy ideas. You are holding dogmatically onto your ideas as well. We're no different except that you think your ideas are scientifically sound.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-31-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy