Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 04-22-2016, 08:06 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
It is not "crackpottery" because people don't like it; it's crackpottery because it's demonstrably false.

Time dilation and length contraction aren't theoretical concepts, they're observed phenomena. Much of our modern technology must take time dilation into account, or it doesn't function. GPS, for instance, doesn't work if you fail to factor in the observed phenomenon of time dilation.

Heck, you can observe it for yourself. Put 2 very accurate clocks that are perfectly synchronized onto 2 very fast aircraft and send them off in opposite directions. Afterwards, the clocks are no longer perfectly synchronized; they will disagree, and by exactly the amount that Einstein's theory says that they should. This experiment has been done on many occasions, by the way.
This article discussed time dilation and length contraction but within a 3D model.

In a new study, Sorli and Fiscaletti have shown that two phenomena of special relativity - time dilation and length contraction - can be better described within the framework of a 3D space with time as the quantity used to measure change (i.e., photon motion) in this space.

Read more at: Physicists continue work to abolish time as fourth dimension of space

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 04-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Albert Einstein demonstrates mathematically why peacegirl is a total asstard.

TRENDS IN SCIENCE
Physicists Continue Work to Establish Peacegirl as the ‘Fuck’ Dimension in Minkowksi 4D Dumbfuck Continuum.

FREETHOUGHT-FORUM.COM (Internet News Service) -- Ever since Albert Einstein unveiled his seminal “theory of idiotivity,” it has been known that the three orthogonal dimensions of dumb -- stupid, moron, and cretin – cannot be separated from the seemingly different dimension of fuck. Exactly how the four dimensions are related, however, has remained obscure.

Until now.

Groundbreaking studies at the Institute of Utter Human Idiocy have identified peacegirl, a drunken dullard who regularly squabbles with strangers on the Internet, as exemplifying Einstein’s predictions of what happens during passage through the “fuck” dimension in the Minkowski 4D dumbfuck continuum.

Peacegirl, researchers said, exhibited Einstein’s predictions of “brain contraction” and “thought dilation.” It has been demonstrated that as peacegirl flaps her gums more and more quickly, her brain contracts in the direction of her words, and her thoughts radically dilate. Were peacegirl able to post at the speed of light, Einstein’s theory shows, her brain would disappear entirely and her thoughts would contract to zero.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), But (04-22-2016), Spacemonkey (04-22-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-22-2016), Stormlight (04-29-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 10:13 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Physicists continue work to abolish time as fourth dimension of space
April 14, 2012 by Lisa Zyga

We've discussed that before. Pure crackpottery.
No it isn't crackpottery. You don't get to throw something out just because you don't like it.
I throw it out because it is complete bullshit. And you have no idea whether it is complete crackpottery or not because you are scientifically illiterate.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), Stormlight (04-29-2016), The Lone Ranger (04-24-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Then you should continue to ask questions...
Oh, you mean like I've been doing?

Any chance they'll ever get answered?
Bump.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film or retina on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film or retina when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film/retina by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the film/retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film/retina at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Bump.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
It is not "crackpottery" because people don't like it; it's crackpottery because it's demonstrably false.

Time dilation and length contraction aren't theoretical concepts, they're observed phenomena. Much of our modern technology must take time dilation into account, or it doesn't function. GPS, for instance, doesn't work if you fail to factor in the observed phenomenon of time dilation.

Heck, you can observe it for yourself. Put 2 very accurate clocks that are perfectly synchronized onto 2 very fast aircraft and send them off in opposite directions. Afterwards, the clocks are no longer perfectly synchronized; they will disagree, and by exactly the amount that Einstein's theory says that they should. This experiment has been done on many occasions, by the way.
but that doesn't matter to Peacegirl. NIH kicks in and if she didn't think of it, or doesn't understand it, it can't possibly be correct. Only what is written in Lessans holy book can possibly be correct, Lessans says so.
Angakuk (05-01-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post

Albert Einstein demonstrates mathematically why peacegirl is a total asstard.

TRENDS IN SCIENCE
Physicists Continue Work to Establish Peacegirl as the ‘Fuck’ Dimension in Minkowksi 4D Dumbfuck Continuum.

FREETHOUGHT-FORUM.COM (Internet News Service) -- Ever since Albert Einstein unveiled his seminal “theory of idiotivity,” it has been known that the three orthogonal dimensions of dumb -- stupid, moron, and cretin – cannot be separated from the seemingly different dimension of fuck. Exactly how the four dimensions are related, however, has remained obscure.

Until now.

Groundbreaking studies at the Institute of Utter Human Idiocy have identified peacegirl, a drunken dullard who regularly squabbles with strangers on the Internet, as exemplifying Einstein’s predictions of what happens during passage through the “fuck” dimension in the Minkowski 4D dumbfuck continuum.

Peacegirl, researchers said, exhibited Einstein’s predictions of “brain contraction” and “thought dilation.” It has been demonstrated that as peacegirl flaps her gums more and more quickly, her brain contracts in the direction of her words, and her thoughts radically dilate. Were peacegirl able to post at the speed of light, Einstein’s theory shows, her brain would disappear entirely and her thoughts would contract to zero.
Too late.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:50 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Peacegirl/Lessans logic?

Q. - What is one good thing about a pedophile?

A. - They always slow down in a school zone.

Therefore. - Anyone who slows down in a school zone, is a pedophile.
Angakuk (05-01-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 02:43 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
time dilation and length contraction - can be better described within the framework of a 3D space with time as the quantity used to measure change (i.e., photon motion) in this space.
So, peacegirl - those photons are traveling, huh?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), Dragar (04-23-2016), The Man (06-11-2016), Vivisectus (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 05:18 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

I think that at one stage it was explained that the photons at the retina were the other side of the coin of the mirror image the object, brought there by the lens focusing out because the object is large enough and bright enough to be seen.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), But (04-23-2016), ChuckF (04-24-2016), Dragar (04-23-2016), Pan Narrans (04-29-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Cats, Dogs, and Other Animals Can See Beyond Human Perception | petMD
Old 04-26-2016, 06:17 PM

This author explains why indeterminism at the quantum level does not grant free will. Sorry David. :giggle:

"At the quantum level, indeterminism has been proven, therefore, determinism is false."

When talking about the causal determinism used for the free will debate, it hasn't been "disproven." Bohemian Mechanics, as just one example, is a completely deterministic interpretation of quantum mechanics. The ensemble interpretation is one example of an interpretation that is agnostic towards "determinism." And remember, for the deterministic interpretation, it does not mean "predictable."

"Since quantum mechanics proves indeterminism, this indeterminism can supply free will."

Even if the universe is indeterministic at a base level (meaning acausal events happen), such acausal events do not help grant free will. In fact, unlike determinism, they are a more likely candidate to be a detriment to willfullness. At least with determinism, this detriment doesn't exist. Not only is indeterminism just as incompatible with free will as determinism, if such indeterminism had an effect on our thoughts, it would be damn scary.

And, of course, determinism (meaning entirely causal) is incompatible with free will, regardless of "unpredictability."

Breaking the Free Will Illusion for the Betterment of Humankind by Trick Slattery

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 04-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Peacegirl, you need to stop embarrassing yourself by talking about advanced subjects like relativity theory and quantum mechanics. You have absolutely no idea what either is about. You don’t know anything about anything at all. You’re so dumb you think vaccines are harmful rather than helpful, all because you read some stuff on the Internet scribbled by kooks, frauds, charlatans and dingbats.

Unfortunately you and your new pal “Trick” (lol) don’t grasp compatibilism. This is odd, given how Spacemonkey and others have tried to explain it to you. But your skull is as thick as a lead-lined vault though nothing is inside of it.

As to quantum mechanics, I happen think it is indeed fully deterministic since I think the correct ontology that the theory describes is Everettian with no state vector reduction. Of course you won’t understand a word of what I just wrote.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), But (04-26-2016), Dragar (04-27-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:28 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Bohemian Mechanics
:cool:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), Dragar (04-27-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:40 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Bohemian Mechanics
:cool:
Aren't they the guys who work on Eastern Bloc cars?

A Look Back: Classic Cold War Era Cars of the CCCP and the Eastern Bloc | Auto Universum

And Peacegirl's car that she inherited from her Dad.
Kamilah Hauptmann (04-26-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I will definitely fuck off.
I don't think you've quite got the hang of it yet.
Angakuk (05-01-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Peacegirl, you need to stop embarrassing yourself by talking about advanced subjects like relativity theory and quantum mechanics. You have absolutely no idea what either is about. You don’t know anything about anything at all. You’re so dumb you think vaccines are harmful rather than helpful, all because you read some stuff on the Internet scribbled by kooks, frauds, charlatans and dingbats.

Unfortunately you and your new pal “Trick” (lol) don’t grasp compatibilism. This is odd, given how Spacemonkey and others have tried to explain it to you. But your skull is as thick as a lead-lined vault though nothing is inside of it.

As to quantum mechanics, I happen think it is indeed fully deterministic since I think the correct ontology that the theory describes is Everettian with no state vector reduction. Of course you won’t understand a word of what I just wrote.
You and Spacemonkey are in complete denial. Neither compatibilism or free will are viable concepts in the real world. You are not a free thinker David and you are certainly not my intellectual better. Your big words no more prove free will true than your time machine nonsense proves that time actually exists as a 4th dimension. I am not going to argue with someone who will only throw insults at me in order to deflect the fact that you have nothing to say of any real value. You double talk. One minute you say you believe in determinism; the next you say you believe in free will. :laugh:

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-27-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:43 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Neither compatibilism or free will work in real life.
Asserted but not proven or adequately demonstrated to be true. This has no more value than flatulence in a strong air current.
Angakuk (05-01-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then you should continue to ask questions...
Oh, you mean like I've been doing?

Any chance they'll ever get answered?
Bump.
Bump.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Spiffiest wanger

[quote=peacegirl;1258171]
Quote:
One minute you say you believe in determinism; the next you say you believe in free will. :laugh:
Gosh, you are so amazingly stupid. You still can't grasp the fact that people can believe in determinism and free will at the same time. That's what compatibilism fucking means. You really can't hold a single simple thought in your teeny tiny head, can you? :lol:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), The Man (06-11-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Unfortunately you and your new pal “Trick” (lol) don’t grasp compatibilism.

:richardnixon:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2016), The Man (06-11-2016), Vivisectus (04-29-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
I will definitely fuck off.
I don't think you've quite got the hang of it yet.
There is definitely a failure to communicate here, she's back, and just as clueless as ever.
Angakuk (05-01-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:20 AM
I'm Deplorable.

[quote=davidm;1258235]
Quote:
Quote:
One minute you say you believe in determinism; the next you say you believe in free will. :laugh:
Gosh, you are so amazingly stupid. You still can't grasp the fact that people can believe in determinism and free will at the same time. That's what compatibilism fucking means. You really can't hold a single simple thought in your teeny tiny head, can you? :lol:
All you need to do is to insert it into the book and make it look like her daddy wrote it, and she will swear by it.
Angakuk (05-01-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You admitted you believed in free will based on Norman Swartz confused idea of the modal fallacy. You also said that our course is determined if time is a 4th dimension because the past and future would already be set. If that makes you a compatibilist, so be it. Compatibilism has been negated due to its faulty logic. Obviously, you don't even see why this position is untenable because you don't want to see it. :giggle:

Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film or retina on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film or retina when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film/retina by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the film/retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film/retina at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Bump.
Bump.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy