Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 03-22-2016, 12:35 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
. Lessans didn't much care for the fat chicks.
You are such a liar.
Well, if anyone could recognize a lie, it would be Peacegirl, she posts enough of them herself to be the reigning expert.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:39 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Lessans didn't much care for the fat chicks.
Now that explains a lot, Peacegirl's constant striving for attention, in the form of abuse, must have come from the way her father treated her. :yup:
Old 03-22-2016, 01:37 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Believe me, fully explaining all the lies, misrepresentations, red herrings, and distortions in that short article would take a ridiculously long time. It's so densely-packed with them that it's practically a fractal series of dishonest and mistaken claims.

What continually amazes me is how many Creationists seem to that honestly believe that there has been nothing new in the field of Evolutionary Biology since Darwin published The Origin of Species more than 150 years ago.

Are they idiots, or what?

Oh, sure, Kas Thomas claims that he isn't a Creationist. If that's the case, then why is his entire essay lifted almost word-for-word from The Creationist's Handy-Dandy Book of Lies, Misrepresentations and Distortions about Evolution, Volume 21?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), But (03-22-2016), davidm (03-22-2016), Dragar (03-22-2016), Pan Narrans (03-22-2016), Stephen Maturin (03-22-2016), thedoc (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Believe me, fully explaining all the lies, misrepresentations, red herrings, and distortions in that short article would take a ridiculously long time. It's so densely-packed with them that it's practically a fractal series of dishonest and mistaken claims.

What continually amazes me is how many Creationists seem to that honestly believe that there has been nothing new in the field of Evolutionary Biology since Darwin published The Origin of Species more than 150 years ago.

Are they idiots, or what?

Oh, sure, Kas Thomas claims that he isn't a Creationist. If that's the case, then why is his entire essay lifted almost word-for-word from The Creationist's Handy-Dandy Book of Lies, Misrepresentations and Distortions about Evolution, Volume 21?
Woooooo, sorry I ever posted this article. More than this article, you have not asked one question regarding his observations. NOT ONE! This makes me suspect of you TLR. Why wouldn't you have a question unless you are convinced he was wrong without a thorough investigation. That is very upsetting to me, like you give a damn. :sadcheer:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 03-22-2016, 02:05 PM

PEOPLE, PLEASE HOLD BACK ON JUDGMENT. THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE BASED YOUR DECISION ABOUT LESSANS ON. IT'S AS PHONY AS YOUR BELIEF THAT FAIRIES ARE REAL. I HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH TO THIS GROUP (I'M NOT ASKING FOR REPAYMENT) ALTHOUGH ANYTHING I HAVE OFFERED HASN'T MADE A DENT. ALL I AM ASKING IS FOR PEOPLE TO STOP JUDGING BEFORE THEY INVESTIGATE. PLEASE STOP MAKING FUN OF THIS MAN FOR REASONS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM, BUT RATHER WITH YOU. STOP USING THIS THREAD AS A JOKE. I BELIEVE I'M TALKING TO MYSELF, BUT I AM GIVING IT ONE MORE TRY SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE FOR SO LONG. I DESERVE ONE LAST COMMENT. I KNOW IT WOULD BE A MIRACLE IF SOMEONE SAID ONE GOOD THING ABOUT WHAT I'VE WRITTEN. JUST ONE. IT WON'T HAPPEN, AND I AM OKAY WITH THAT BECAUSE I'VE GOTTEN THICK SKINNED.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (03-22-2016), Dragar (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
PEOPLE, PLEASE HOLD BACK ON JUDGMENT. THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE BASED YOUR DECISION ABOUT LESSANS ON. IT'S AS PHONY AS YOUR BELIEF THAT FAIRIES ARE REAL. I HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH TO THIS GROUP (I'M NOT ASKING FOR REPAYMENT) ALTHOUGH ANYTHING I HAVE OFFERED HASN'T MADE A DENT. ALL I AM ASKING IS FOR PEOPLE TO STOP JUDGING BEFORE THEY INVESTIGATE. PLEASE STOP MAKING FUN OF THIS MAN FOR REASONS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM, BUT RATHER WITH YOU. STOP USING THIS THREAD AS A JOKE. I BELIEVE I'M TALKING TO MYSELF, BUT I AM GIVING IT ONE MORE TRY SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE FOR SO LONG. I DESERVE ONE LAST COMMENT. I KNOW IT WOULD BE A MIRACLE IF SOMEONE SAID ONE GOOD THING ABOUT WHAT I'VE WRITTEN. JUST ONE. IT WON'T HAPPEN, AND I AM OKAY WITH THAT BECAUSE I'VE GOTTEN THICK SKINNED.
You know what this post needs? More caps!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), ChuckF (03-22-2016), Dragar (03-22-2016), Spacemonkey (03-22-2016), Stephen Maturin (03-22-2016), thedoc (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 02:28 PM

Maybe we can re-open the discussion about the role of sexy jackets and translucent robes in the ideal married life of the brave new world, where teenagers will all wear skimpy clothes and we all just fall eternally in love with the sex organs of the first person we sleep with
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), thedoc (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Maybe we can re-open the discussion about the role of sexy jackets and translucent robes in the ideal married life of the brave new world, where teenagers will all wear skimpy clothes and we all just fall eternally in love with the sex organs of the first person we sleep with
How sad it is that you are buying into these VIPs (:laugh:) false interpretation of such an important subject, and open to a new way of understanding. It's ashame Vivisectus (I feel even more emotion because I like you), but I can't do anything about your reaction at this point. It's better that you move on.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
People both here and elsewhere have examined these claims and found them wanting, no-one is jumping to conclusions without examining the claims. Only you are jumping to the conclusion that because we don't agree, we don't understand and haven't read the book.

Most of the criticism you try to lay on others, really applies to yourself. You have a bad habit of projecting your own faults onto others.

When you say one good thing, people usually point it out because it is so unusual.

You are not thick skinned, you are one of the most easily upset people I know, and it shows in your posts.
Angakuk (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
How sad it is that you are buying into these VIPs (:laugh:) false interpretation of such an important subject, and open to a new way of understanding. It's a shame Vivisectus (I feel even more emotion because I like you), but I can't do anything about your reaction at this point. It's better that you move on.
No-one is making a "false interpretation", your father was quite clear in what he wrote, but if you would like to rewrite that section of the book, I'm sure you could make it less humorous.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
How sad it is that you are buying into these VIPs (:laugh:) false interpretation of such an important subject, and open to a new way of understanding. It's ashame Vivisectus (I feel even more emotion because I like you), but I can't do anything about your reaction at this point. It's better that you move on.
Man! That was one of the best bits. That and the right-of-way rule that states that if one person in a relationship wants to sleep in the same bed, and the other one does not, then the one who does not want to gets right of way because only one person is involved!

Good times. Good times.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), But (03-22-2016), Dragar (03-22-2016), Stephen Maturin (03-22-2016), thedoc (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Man! That was one of the best bits. That and the right-of-way rule that states that if one person in a relationship wants to sleep in the same bed, and the other one does not, then the one who does not want to gets right of way because only one person is involved!

Good times. Good times.
So the right-of-way system boils down to the individual can do whatever they want, but another person has no right to ask for anything or make some demand of another person.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
I liked the part about the boobs?

:shakebewb:
Thanks, from:
But (03-22-2016), Spacemonkey (03-22-2016), Stephen Maturin (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
...AND I AM OKAY WITH THAT BECAUSE I'VE GOTTEN THICK SKINNED.
Sure you are. That's why you write with caps-lock on.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Huzzah! It's an all-caps alcohol-fueled hysterical shit fit day! I loves me some all-caps alcohol-fueled hysterical shit fit days!

Quote:
I HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH TO THIS GROUP
:lolfruits:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (03-22-2016), Dragar (03-22-2016), Spacemonkey (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 04:31 PM

Maybe we can analyse this gem of a passage from the Holy Book:

Quote:
when the boy fully
realizes that should he ever get the girl to that point where he
would not have any problem getting her to submit, he is compelled
to take out only the kind of girl that he doesn’t want to hurt, the
kind who when she offers her body on the altar of love will never
be rejected.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), ChuckF (03-22-2016), Stephen Maturin (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

If we're going all retrospective and shit, I really admired how Vivisectus put the Great Man's undeniable precepts to work in his own life:

Quote:
Thanks, Stephen! It is good to be back.

Incidentally, you were 100% correct: I have been lounging around suggestively, my pale and bloated paunch sheathed in shimmering translucent robes and sexy jackets, and with my special sex-hat at a rakish angle for extra emphasis. This of course is entirely different than simply saying "I is horny!" and is completely not simply a different way of expressing a desire to see some proper rumpy-pumpy materialize in the near future.

The problem arose when we realized that neither of us had the right to ask the other person to be in the same bed for this to actually happen. You see, we buy our furniture at Ikea so the whole kitchen-table thing is way too much hassle for us. I mean it is all well and good to be free and not bound by any sort of outmoded sexual mores, but it is a 2 hour drive there and back all the same. Mind you, the inevitable argument that is generated by the frustration of putting the damn thing together does mean it will be WEEKS before we have to get another one. But that aside.

The problem was that if I asked her to go to my bed, that would put some kind of obligation on her, which is a form of advance blaming. The same applied to her. Nor could I simply initiate the sexual act in any way - she would not be able to reject me without once again sending us down the never-ending spiral of blame and hurt. Pretty soon we were reduced to stalking each other through the house, trying to find some way to casually and in a totally non-committal way initiate the ancient ritual of parking the pink plymouth in the garage of love. Thank god for Xboxes, I say, or the kids might be permanently scarred by now. At one stage I was reduced to pretending I was using an invisible hula-hoop while Mrs Sectus pretended to be distractedly searching for spare change on the floor, working backwards.
Quote:
The real trouble started when we had to work out what were favours and what were legitimate requests. If I asked my son to carry out the garbage, would that not be advance blaming him for not wanting to do it? After all he had not offered to do anything. The mounting piles of garbage did not seem to bother him much, so perhaps it was me who needed to go and do it. What about the dishes? Was it not unreasonable to ask someone to do them, when it would be just as easy for me to wash a single plate for myself if I wanted a clean plate to eat off? Who was I to judge what was right for all the other fully grown inmates of my household? They all seemed perfectly content to lie on the couch and watch TV all day, and in all fairness I could not possibly object: that would be blaming them somehow. I know they all signed the same covenant I did, but sometimes I could not help but feel that they were not taking the whole thing as seriously as I was. This was of course a clear sign it was my fault: they were only reacting to me advance blaming them by thinking that maybe it would be a good idea if they would help out in the house once in a while.

Watching TV was rapidly becoming very difficult. In order to change the channel, we had to figure out if anyone was interested in the TV show without asking. You see, if we implied that we were not interested, we would put an obligation on the other person to do something they might not want to do. This would not have been so bad if the cat had not trodden on the remote, accidentally switching to the shopping channel.

It was a good thing that my 13-year old daughter had recently fallen in love with the genitals of her life-long partner, Bubba. Being illiterate, he could not really be expected to get into the spirit of the thing, so he was able to solve most of these problems by resolutely changing the channel to the WWF all day wrestling channel. This just goes to show that such harmful, judgemental standards such as “IQ”, “Education” and “criminal record” really confuse people and make them so hurtfully judgemental. I am sure he will be back any day now to assume his responsibilities as a father, as he could not possibly desire, of his free will, to cause a harm for which none of us will blame him in he slightest. I hope he does not forget to bring our TV and car back then he does.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), But (03-22-2016), ChuckF (03-22-2016), davidm (03-23-2016), Vivisectus (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Maybe we can analyse this gem of a passage from the Holy Book:

Quote:
when the boy fully
realizes that should he ever get the girl to that point where he
would not have any problem getting her to submit, he is compelled
to take out only the kind of girl that he doesn’t want to hurt, the
kind who when she offers her body on the altar of love will never
be rejected.
Wait a minute, does this mean the end of "love 'em and leave 'em"? Damn! Now I need to figure out how many girls I'm married to, I wish I lived in Utah.
Angakuk (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
I liked the part about the boobs?
:shakebewb:
She's got Madonna's boobs?
Old 03-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Remember when :ff: prevented peacegirl from doing her laundry for two months? Good times indeed.

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (03-22-2016), Vivisectus (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
More than this article, you have not asked one question regarding his observations. NOT ONE!
What observations?

I see lots of unsupported claims, but not a single verifiable observation.

Give us some examples of actual observations, and we can talk.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-22-2016), Spacemonkey (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
From page 120:
Quote:
If the sound from a plane even though we can’t see it on a clear day will tell us it is in the sky, why can’t we see the plane if an image is being reflected towards the eye on the waves of light? The answer is very simple. An image is not being reflected. We cannot see the plane simply because the distance reduced its size to where it was impossible to see it with the naked eye, but we could see it with a telescope. We can’t see bacteria either with the naked eye, but we can through a microscope. The actual reason we are able to see the moon is because there is enough light present and it is large enough to be seen. The explanation as to why the sun looks to be the size of the moon — although much larger — is because it is much much farther away, which is the reason it would look like a star to someone living on a planet the distance of Rigel. This proves conclusively that the distance between someone looking, and the object seen, has no relation to time because the images are not traveling toward the optic nerve on waves of light, therefore it takes no time to see the moon, the sun, and the distant stars.
If I understand what Lessans is saying correctly, he did not believe that we see things because of reflected light at all. Light needs to be around for us to see, but it is not what we see--we see things themselves. Do I have that wrong?
No, you're not wrong. But please understand that light is a necessary condition of sight. That was the very first thing he wanted people to understand, but people still believe when he said "we can see the moon instantly" that this meant we can see objects without any light present. :doh:
Lookie' what I found.
The Lone Ranger (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 06:24 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Lessans musings about his flatulence, = astute observations.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
You have completely misinterpreted the extension of these principles. You are just following the crowd. Unbelievable!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Since I'm feeling all nostalgic -- a common state of mind for we withered, pendulous scrotumed, home-shaking flatused types -- here once again is davidm's glimpse into Golden Age married life.
It doesn't matter how much you laugh, or for how long. It's the one who gets the last laugh that counts! Just remember that!! :yup:

Last edited by peacegirl; 03-22-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy