Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

"You heard the man, Tubbs. . . ."

--J.D.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011), Stephen Maturin (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I haven't seen copious data that demonstrates the invalidity of Lessans' claims about dogs.
It is not necessarily the case that because you haven't seen copious data such data doesn't exist. That would be false inference. It may just be because you have not actually looked at the data that has been provided.

Suppose, for the sake of argument, that we accept your implied claim that there is insufficient data demonstrating that dogs can recognize their masters based on their facial features alone. Will you agree that there is at least some experimental data suggesting that some dogs can recognize their masters based on their facial features alone? If you agree that at least some such experimental data does exist are you willing and able to present at least some experimental data that suggests that the contrary is true?

It seems to me that, in all fairness, if you are going to require copious amounts of data in support of one side of the argument, then you also ought to require equally copious amounts of data in support of the opposing argument.
I believe in order to prove whether dogs can recognize their masters from their facial features alone, it would have to be a very controlled experiment. One such experiment could be a large picture of the owner placed on a wall next to pictures of other people. No hats or glasses that the dog might be drawn to would be used. And all the people would look similar. Their hair styles, shape of face, etc. If the dog ran up to the picture of his owner and wagged his tail, or did any number of things (such as jump on the picture, scratch at the picture, sniff the picture, etc), that would be a pretty sure sign that he knew who his master was by his facial features alone. But the experiment would need to be replicated for reliability.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir
You haven't given any evidence. You've given assertions. You have no experimental data which supports your daddy's crackpot theories.
That's what I'm trying to do erimir.
So you're TRYING to spew evidence-free assertions untroubled by experimental data? In that case, ...

Quote:
As a representative for all the women in here ...
Lady Shea? Demi? wildernesse? Anyone interested in proffering a recall petition? Fraud and gross incompetence are more than sufficient grounds.

Quote:
To gain back my favor, you'll need to get down on the floor and beg for forgiveness, and I mean BEG.

:quagmire:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
erimir (04-26-2011), Goliath (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Stop that!

Quote:
I believe in order to prove whether dogs can recognize their masters from their facial features alone, it would have to be a very controlled experiment.
Strange given the silly claims of Lessan which are based on no experiments; stranger, still, given that TLR has repeatedly posted the published results of such an experiment.

We gather that when reality does not conform to your fantasies, you declare it not sufficiently controlled.

--Ed.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Hey, peacegirl, about that sun ... :chin:

:lol:

I'm still trying to fathom what was going through what passed for Daddy's mind when he wrote that passage, arguably the dumbest thing ever written.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
I appreciate your presentation,
No you don't. You've demonstrated over and over and over again that you have no respect at all for anything that doesn't conform to your unsupported, illogical, and indeed disproved claims.

Quote:
.. but I am neither arrogant or a liar just because I'm trying to understand whether it is possible that Lessans could be right.
No, you're arrogant because you're an ignoramous but you insist on "correcting" people who're vastly more knowledgeable on the subject matter than you'll ever be -- and without making any effort to find out if your "corrections" are the slightest bit accurate. And you're a liar because you've repeatedly lied in this overlong masturbatory exercise of yours.

Quote:
You are not duty bound to name call no matter how much I irk you.
I'm duty-bound to point out your lies and your willful ignorance, and that you're promoting thoroughly-disproved nonsense.

Quote:
I'm sure you'd fail me if I was your student because I would not regurgitate what you want to hear.
If you proved as arrogant, dishonest, incurious and impervious to evidence in the classroom as you have been in this thread, then I have no doubt at all that you'd indeed fail the class, no matter who the teacher might be.

Quote:
You would burn me at the stake alive if you could, based on your total out of character reaction. I am not going to be the brunt of your anger.
:roflmao:

Congratulations! I honestly think that's the first time I've ever felt the need to use that particular smiley -- ever.

Oh, here's another word to add to your vocabulary: projection.

Quote:
To say that you are ashamed of your species because of my effort to understand sight belies your intention in here. That is not what a caring teacher says to anyone.
Again, if you proved as arrogant, dishonest, incurious and impervious to evidence in the classroom as you have been in this thread, then I would have every reason (and every right) to say such a thing. And stop lying: you've made absolutely no effort to understand anything. Indeed, you've gone to great lengths to avoid learning or understanding anything new.

Quote:
You have a responsibility to stay calm, and not be defensive.
I'm perfectly calm, and I'm not at all defensive. I'm offended by your dishonesty and your willful ignorance. Again, there's a difference.

Quote:
Actually, I have no idea why you're here because, according to you, I'm not educable. So why are you here?
Because, as I've repeatedly pointed out, I'm here to provide educational opportunities for others. [I had, like probably everyone else, given you the benefit of the doubt to begin with, but you quickly proved to be uneducable. That doesn't mean that others in the thread can't learn something interesting/useful.] And also because I feel duty-bound to point out your lies and misinformation.

Quote:
You need to chill out or we can't talk anymore. I will continue to research the ciliary muscle to see if there was any validity to what was posted.
Suuuure you will ...

That having been said, I'm beginning to think that you really are just an incredibly persistent troll. It's difficult to believe that someone as aggressively ignorant and as arrogant as you seem to be could possibly function in normal society.
You have really morphed into someone else since I first met you. Maybe I've tested your patience, and you've had enough. There have been people down through history who were killed because of their 'different' ideas. How would you feel if one day it was proven that Lessans was right. I bet all of you would feel pretty rotten considering how I was treated in here. I know I know, you would say it couldn't happen. I am not even going to try to talk to you about this subject anymore, because you are becoming sarcastic just like the rest.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
It's difficult to believe that someone as aggressively ignorant and as arrogant as you seem to be could possibly function in normal society.

Just what makes you think that she does? Whoever is taking care of her probably thought a computer with internet access would be good therapy to intigrate her back into normal society. - WRONG! Did you know she has imaginary children and grandchildren?
That's not nice doc. You too are turning into a warewolf. All of you are morphing into blood sucking attack animals. And you don't think this has anything to do with group think? :eek: I just talked to my son (the radiologist) and I told him about how I've been treated on this forum. He is upset with me for taking this abuse.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
How would you feel if one day it was proven that Lessans was right. I bet all of you would feel pretty rotten considering how I was treated in here.
Maybe, but the following day we'll be feeling fine again because on that day the Space Vixens from Alpha Centauri B will arrive and give us all handjobs!

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
erimir (04-26-2011), Goliath (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
In another post I suggested the group AAB and you said it was wrong because A was twice with the other A but you are incorrect as A is only with the other A once. If I try to use another group AGA then the A would have been with another A twice in different groups. You don't understand the rules of the puzzle so you are not qualified to judge what is a correct solution, there are probably many correct, but you have only one and can't recognize anything else. I posted a correct solution in post #2449, the puzzle is solved.

The rules stated that a letter 'could not be with another letter twice', but that does allow 'a letter to be with that letter once', hence each could be with itself once in a group.
You cannot have AGA because this A is seen twice even if it's in another group. There is no two of any combination of letters in this puzzle.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Stop that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
How would you feel if one day it was proven that Lessans was right. I bet all of you would feel pretty rotten considering how I was treated in here.
Maybe, but the following day we'll be feeling fine again because on that day the Space Vixens from Alpha Centauri B will arrive and give us all handjobs!
And peacegirl will still be an idiot.

--Ed.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011), Stephen Maturin (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Hey, peacegirl, about that sun ... :chin:

:lol:
Methinks the problem is her head is stuck where the Sun does not actually shine. . . .

--J.D.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

The histrionics are not helping your cause peacegirl, it just sounds like a True Believer narcissistic persecution complex.

Nobody is killing you or burning you at the stake or sucking your blood. Get over yourself.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
Quote:
You have to figure out the arrangement such that each of the 15 different letters on a line and in all 35 groups would never be twice with any other letter.
Okay, what, precisely does "never be twice with any other letter" mean?
Exactly what it says. I'm looking at the answer and, as I just said in the previous post to thedoc, there are not any letters from A to O that are repeated twice with the same letters in any of the 7 lines or 35 groups of 3.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I just talked to my son, He is upset with me for taking this abuse.

What did he tell you to do about it?

Is his name Snuffleupagus? L.O.L.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
You have really morphed into someone else since I first met you.
Nah, it's just that I reached my BS limit.

"Dawn take you all, and be stone to you!"
Thanks, from:
Pan Narrans (04-26-2011)

What makes you think her kids are imaginary thedoc? Did I miss something or are you just running with a joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
Quote:
YOU ARE THIRD TO BE BARRED FROM EVER POSTING TO ME AGAIN. :fuming:
Guess what, bitch? You have no control over what any of us do.
I know I don't; that is a definite. I also see how people are retaliating. It shows me that any sane person can act insane if pushed to the brink. I guess that's what I've been doing, unwittingly. People are getting satisfaction from becoming part of the mob, and I must be getting some kind of pay off as well. I thought I was here to share something. Now it's turned into a witch hunt. I'm done after the last few questions come in. This is just one more extension of the same old people (just a different forum) than the ones I've already encountererd. Thank goodness I have finally been cured. And it sure as hell doesn't make any of you look good either; especially in a professional light.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM

peacegirl, you can stop posting, put people on ignore, or respond, or do whatever you want. However the "barring" people from posting to you is just more histrionics.

And there is no witch hunt here. Goodness you are delusional.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I just talked to my son, He is upset with me for taking this abuse.

What did he tell you to do about it?

Is his name Snuffleupagus? L.O.L.
Leave.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
There is no two of any combination of letters in this puzzle.

The directions for this puzzle were writen just clearly as the book. Gibberish.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Stop that!

Would expect nothing less from a Coward, Hypocrite, and Liar.

It saddens us that another generation may fall prey to this nonsense from the fool Lessans.

--Ed.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
The histrionics are not helping your cause peacegirl, it just sounds like a True Believer narcissistic persecution complex.

Nobody is killing you or burning you at the stake or sucking your blood. Get over yourself.
LadyShea, I'm done. There is no way to mend this thread. It's over hun.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Okay see ya then!
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Leave.
NO, and you can't make me. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
peacegirl, you can stop posting, put people on ignore, or respond, or do whatever you want. However the "barring" people from posting to you is just more histrionics.

And there is no witch hunt here. Goodness you are delusional.
I don't want to talk to anyone here except the few people who were fair with me. That doesn't leave many. I'll check one last time for any questions, and then I must leave. And btw LadyShea, I have 4 children and 3 grandchildren. Don't listen to thedoc.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy