Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-14-2011, 06:01 AM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
It seems that people with sophistication and taste are few and far between, the internet is well represented by cretins with little or no comprehension of anything more sophisticated then American beer.
Posting endless videos of "pops" classical music and old crooners is not a sign of sophistication—unless by "sophistication" you mean bougie pretension. Nor does having a poor opinion of this off-topic shitposting signify any want of taste.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 AM
the internet says I'm right

Christ on a pogo stick, he responds like a kid on a playground. "I dunno, why do YOU suck?" Golden.

Keep poking him, Chuck, I bet there's some quality lulz to be had here...
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
vulger
Yeah that's not a word, brah, but it's cool.

Thankyou, If you'd like to check my other posts for spelling, I could post faster and fix later. Vulgar, do you like that better?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Apologetics, which is more or less what you are doing, is difficult.

*In modern times, apologists refers to authors, writers, editors or academic journals, and leaders known for defending the points in arguments, conflicts or positions that receive great popular scrutinies or are minority views.
I do not expect any less scrutiny than anyone else. There is just a misunderstanding regarding the criteria that determines what is true and what isn't. The category you put this in is apologetics, which is absolutely, 100% incorrect.

I want to add that I wrote a children's book that is the direct result of my upbringing. I would love to send you a copy, with a t-shirt, just to show you that I respect physics more than anyone. This book has to with children's safety, which I have had a passion for after having my own children and knowing that we can prevent many of the unnecessary deaths due to ignorance. I do not need or want your address, but if you have a P.O. box, I would really love to give this book as a gift for trying to give Lessans the benefit of the doubt, as best as you knew how. The main character is Mr. See-More Safety. Surprise surprise. :) The animated character was created to help all children to be aware of life threatening risks in their everyday lives. It is hopefully done in good taste and in an entertaining way. But it is very difficult not to let children know the truth about danger, without showing them the situations that could lead to tragedy. This is not to scare children, but to make them accident resistant when they leave their parent's watchful eye. Just wanted to let you know that I'm very much in touch with reality LadyShea. I really don't know what prompted me to share this with you, because I'm sure someone will use my honesty and integrity against me.

Last edited by peacegirl; 06-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Here's a listing, looks interesting.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0965560406
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I really don't know what prompted me to share this with you, because I'm sure someone will use my honesty and integrity against me.
lol you do a pretty good job of typing with both hands nailed to the cross like that.

There. Is your martyr desire satisfied?
Thanks, from:
erimir (06-15-2011), Naru (06-14-2011), Pan Narrans (06-14-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-14-2011), wildernesse (06-16-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I really don't know what prompted me to share this with you, because I'm sure someone will use my honesty and integrity against me.
lol you do a pretty good job of typing with both hands nailed to the cross like that.

There. Is your martyr desire satisfied?
Chuck, what is your issue with me? Tell me truthfully? I have no desire to be a martyr. Why do you have me all wrong? :(
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Suffering is the lot of all revolutionaries, visionaries, and prophets, peacegirl! Does not the revolution inevitably consume its progenitors?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Suffering is the lot of all revolutionaries, visionaries, and prophets, peacegirl! Does not the revolution inevitably consume its progenitors?
Lessans is not what he was made out to be Chuck, but from this group I learned an important lesson. I will try to help kids instead of a direct challenge to the scientific establishment. That would be my demise, for sure. If it turns out that he was right later on, so be it. I really really really really have to thank this group because I could have wasted a lot of time when I could have been doing something much more positive, which is to promote See-More, the national character who has come to life to help save lives. I can't thank you enough Chuck. I really hope you will allow me to check in with you at some later date to let you know how See-More's doing. ;)
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 02:56 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

It's not up to me to "allow" you to do anything. Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care.

Now: on to the next revolution in thought!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
It's not up to me to "allow" you to do anything. Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care.

Wow, why would you dismiss me so matter-of-factly? :(

Last edited by peacegirl; 06-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

I propose the following be worked out as the next Revolution in Thought: The shocking new truth that Aids is caused by Bicycling, and how we can Save the Rainforest by eating more Woodpecker.
Thanks, from:
Doctor X (06-14-2011), wildernesse (06-16-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:

Wow, so quick to dismiss matter-of-factly? :(

You should be so lucky, Trolls don't usually stop so quickly.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Quote:
:yeahthat:

pg I haven't read your thread but seeing as that it's been such a bad experience for you...

No one likes negative reception, but the membership here is just responding to you. If you are bothered by the nature of it, your only choice is to change yourself. Either find a place where people are more like-minded (or maybe less skeptical to your ideas? - which isn't necessarilly a good thing...) or deal with the fact your father's book isn't going to be received here the way you want it to be and move on.

:thanked:
Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

:dddp:

:thanked:
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
I propose the following be worked out as the next Revolution in Thought: The shocking new truth that Aids is caused by Bicycling, and how we can Save the Rainforest by eating more Woodpecker.
What are you talking about Vivisectus? :(
Old 06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

You are just not giving this a chance. I bet if we tested all people with aids, we would find they have all ridden bicycles. Also, if there was more woodpecker in our diets, then our forests would not be under such threat as they are. This is all perfectly logical.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (06-14-2011), Doctor X (06-14-2011), erimir (06-15-2011), Kael (06-14-2011), Naru (06-14-2011), Nullifidian (06-14-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-14-2011), wildernesse (06-16-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
:yeahthat:

pg I haven't read your thread but seeing as that it's been such a bad experience for you...

No one likes negative reception, but the membership here is just responding to you. If you are bothered by the nature of it, your only choice is to change yourself. Either find a place where people are more like-minded (or maybe less skeptical to your ideas? - which isn't necessarilly a good thing...) or deal with the fact your father's book isn't going to be received here the way you want it to be and move on.
Thank you so much for your input Gonzo. I can tell you are sincere. I have learned a lot from this group as far as what not to do. I actually have nothing against anyone. But I realize my approach is wrong. I am going to work on my safety program, and if I can get national attention, then maybe my father's book will be taken more seriously. I realize that this knowledge is beyond the framework of our present thought, so I would be constantly going upstream, and this isn't good for me. Thanks again, my friend (as a representative for all of those who have spent time in this thread), for helping me to figure out the next best option. :)
Thanks, from:
Gonzo (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, do whatever you need to do to deal with your various daddy issues. If that involves spelling Seymour as See-more, do that, whatever, nobody cares. That's not going to make little Timmy's vision efferent when he stares directly at the sun while crossing the road.
Quote:
You are just not giving this a chance. I bet if we tested all people with aids, we would find they have all ridden bicycles. Also, if there was more woodpecker in our diets, then our forests would not be under such threat as they are. This is all perfectly logical.
If we could not save the rain forests by eating more woodpecker, Vivisectus would definitely say so.
Thanks, from:
Doctor X (06-14-2011), erimir (06-15-2011), Naru (06-14-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-14-2011), wildernesse (06-16-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Why are you doing this Vivisectus? I don't get you at all.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, do whatever you need to do to deal with your various daddy issues. If that involves spelling Seymour as See-more, do that, whatever, nobody cares. That's not going to make little Timmy's vision efferent when he stares directly at the sun while crossing the road.
Quote:
If we could not save the rain forests by eating more woodpecker, Vivisectus would definitely say so.
You've misconstrued everything I said, but that's my fault in the way I presented myself. I have no daddy issues Chuck. My father was not a sexual pervert, or a child stalker. I want to help children because of what he taught me, and why wouldn't you care if the knowledge my father passed onto me could help prevent the preventable tragedies that occur every year in the United States, let alone the whole world?
Old 06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Why wouldn't I care if we could save the rain forests by eating more woodpecker? I would, though! I would eat woodpecker at least once a day. Woodpecker sausages in the morning, woodpecker salad sandwiches for lunch, and a woodpecker stew for dinner. Even if it is a little gamey.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Why wouldn't I care if we could save the rain forests by eating more woodpecker? I would, though! I would eat woodpecker at least once a day. Woodpecker sausages in the morning, woodpecker salad sandwiches for lunch, and a woodpecker stew for dinner. Even if it is a little gamey.
I would too if it would do anything to save the rainforests, but we all know for a fact that this is not the case, and you are attempting to compare teaching children safety practices with something so ridiculous I can't even give a good comeback. Teaching children how to cross the street by an animated character is proven to be effective. In fact, it's proven to be better than a parent teaching a child because children will, most likely, listen to a puppet, or a cartoon character, than a parent. Most (not all) children will tend to ignore a parent's warnings because they have learned to tune it out, which is where See-More Safety's messages play an important role.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Wait until you get the bill for that.
ChuckF (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Is the title of the book Strangers Have the Best Candy? Because that would be a really awesome title.
ShottleBop (06-15-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-14-2011)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy