Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 02-13-2024, 12:27 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
What is "Ozempic face" and how can people avoid it?

I know women who are doing these shots and they do lose weight but they end up looking like skeltor. I would not recommend this quick fix. Plus, there are bound to be horrific side effects down the line.
Ozempic face is not a thing.

It's just "weight loss face". If you lose a lot of weight, you have excess skin, and that's what "Ozempic face" is. Lose a significant amount of facial fat, you're left with extra skin, and your face will look gaunt. You won't have different results if you lose weight through diet and exercise, especially not if you lose it at the same rate.

At worst it's "rapid weight loss face", but for older people, it's not as likely that losing weight more slowly will result in their skin tightening because your skin loses elasticity as you age. And it's very much possible to lose weight too rapidly without Ozempic. But it could be that it's more likely to happen with Ozempic, I suppose.

So there could be younger people who might lose weight too quickly with Ozempic for their skin to tighten in response, but that is likely something that could be fixed by adjusting dosage.

But like I said, Ozempic is not required for that. I knew a younger guy who lost weight rapidly years before Ozempic and had so much excess skin that he got surgery to remove it. It's not specific to Ozempic.
Quote:
Chelsea Handler Says She 'Didn't Know' She Was on Ozempic

What a stupid bitch. How do you not know what drugs you're on?
What a stupid bitch. How do you not read the article you're sharing, which gives the answer to your question?
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-13-2024), Crumb (02-13-2024), Ensign Steve (02-14-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 01:33 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

yeah, i know someone who lost a lot of weight and got surgery for Excess Skin.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Old 02-13-2024, 02:41 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
that was rhetorical. Idk, when I am prescribed something by my doctor and it has a generic name, it shows up on mychart in my med list as such, not only that the pharmacist asks you 'do you want me to explain this to you?; and if you're invested in your health at all and not only do you not know the generic of the brand you're prescribed, you have NO IDEA what it was even prescribed FOR, (she has type II dm, really?) you ask.

You’re correct about everything else.

Last edited by Miss Shelby; 02-13-2024 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:42 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
yeah, i know someone who lost a lot of weight and got surgery for Excess Skin.
It is excess skin. but people lose the weight very quickly on this drug, and practically overnight their faces go from taunt to saggy. A dermatologist coined the phrase ozempic face after noting several of his patients appeared this way after being on the drug.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:36 PM
angry white woman

Taut
Old 02-16-2024, 03:38 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Quote:
"Access Denied”
While I get really annoyed by the blatant projection propaganda about Biden forgetting names as if Tim Apple wasn't a meme for a short bit along with Coffeve.

Yet, oh could we have a day where the thought of a head to head dementia test was a hack joke and not something I would support and probably watch. I'm voting for whoever isn't Trump but that it's Biden is hilarious in a kind of crying french clown sort of way.
The more I have been reading about this the more I am convinced that his own party is taking a giant shit upon him. He went on CSPAN with a very unprepared impromptu press conference and proceeded to throw gas on the fire. Even left reporters were asking him tough questions. He responded by getting agitated ( a very tell tale sign of dementia) and messing up peoples names and jobs. He referred the crisis he was dealing with in the middle east and gave the name of Mexicos president when he meant Egypts*. And though I am not convinced his memory loss isn’t completely normal, I have issues with mine, too, I think his party wants him out. Which is what I have been saying all along, they’re using him as a puppet, a mere prop if you will, and now they’re done with him so it’s ‘go suck an egg, Mr. Biden’--they want a different candidate.

*--this could well explain why we have a problem at Mexicos border. He’s trying to close Egypts.
Old 02-16-2024, 04:58 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

We still have until August for the Parties to actually select their candidate for the office.
Everything before that is Foreplay.

:yawning:
Old 02-16-2024, 05:14 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Yes you're right, if only the head of Texas Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada would stop bussing illegal immigrants deeper into the state of Israel.

Last edited by Ari; 02-16-2024 at 05:26 PM.
Thanks, from:
LarsMac (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 05:59 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Yes you're right, if only the head of Texas Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada would stop bussing illegal immigrants deeper into the state of Israel.
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because if so, it's kind of funny.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:26 PM

Quote:
He referred the crisis he was dealing with in the middle east and gave the name of Mexicos president when he meant Egypts*.

*--this could well explain why we have a problem at Mexicos border. He’s trying to close Egypts.
Could you explain to us what he said and how it demonstrates he was confused?

Aside from saying "Mexico" when he meant "Egypt"*, was there anything wrong with his answer?

Personally I think the substantive content is probably more important than whether he mixes up a word here or there.

*He did not say the name of Mexico's President, he referred to Sisi, who is the President of Egypt. He mixed up the names of the countries, not their leaders. I hope this doesn't mean you're suffering from dementia.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (02-17-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 03:14 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Quote:
He referred the crisis he was dealing with in the middle east and gave the name of Mexicos president when he meant Egypts*.

Could you explain to us what he said and how it demonstrates he was confused?

Aside from saying "Mexico" when he meant "Egypt"*, was there anything wrong with his answer?

Personally I think the substantive content is probably more important than whether he mixes up a word here or there.

*He did not say the name of Mexico's President, he referred to Sisi, who is the President of Egypt. He mixed up the names of the countries, not their leaders. I hope this doesn't mean you're suffering from dementia.
If you'd read what I said I indicated I was not certain it wasn't normal memory problems, as yes, I have experienced some of my own.

My whole point is that his PARTY literally let him go out there and embarrass himself. They're done with him. They do not want him. It was either intentional on his handlers part or they are very very stupid. Plus he got very agitated and belligerent. Obviously he was not well prepped for that conference.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:40 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Unlike the news I don't think it was an embarrassment to get the hard thing right and flub the easy bit, but this is where Trump excels, he would have long started talking about himself and hyping his product lines and for some odd reason the 24/7 news industry wouldn't find anything embarrassing about that.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:49 PM

So it appears that you don't actually know what the question was about, or what Biden's response to it was, you only know that he said the wrong name at some point during it?

You could find the video and watch it yourself, but instead you want to say some stupid shit about how he's trying to close the border with Egypt instead of with Mexico (which is actually if anything the opposite of what he said, since he was talking about opening the border for aid to enter Gaza, which reveals you didn't listen and are most likely just saying shit based off second-hand reports from right-wing outlets).

Quote:
Q A question on Israel, sir. Can you provide an update on the hostage negotiations? The hostage negotiations — can you provide an update of the hostage negotiations in Israel?

THE PRESIDENT: The hostage negotiation, look —

I’m of the view, as you know, that the conduct of the response in Gaza — in the Gaza Strip has been over the top. I think that — as you know, initially, the President of [Egypt], El-Sisi, did not want to open up the gate to allow humanitarian material to get in. I talked to him. I convinced him to open the gate.

I talked to Bibi to open the gate on the Israeli side. I’ve been pushing really hard — really hard to get humanitarian assistance into Gaza. There are a lot of innocent people who are starving, a lot of innocent people who are in trouble and dying, and it’s got to stop, number one.

Number two, I was also in the position that I’m the guy that made the case that we have to do much more to increase the amount of material going in, including fuel, including other items. I’ve been on the phone with the Qataris, I’ve been on the phone with the Egyptians, I’ve been on the phone with the Saudis to get as much aid as we possibly can into Gaza.

There are innocent people — innocent women and children — who are also in bad — badly in need of help. And so, that’s what we’re pushing right now.

And I’m pushing very hard now to deal with this hostage ceasefire. Because, as I — you know, I’ve been working tirelessly in this deal — how can I say this without revealing? — to lead to a sustained pause in the fighting in — the actions taking place in — in the Gaza Strip.

And — because I think if we can get the delay for that — the initial delay, I think that we would be able to extend that so that we can increase the prospect that this fighting in Gaza changes.

There’s also negotiations — you may recall, in the very beginning, right after — right before Hamas attacked, I was in contact with the Saudis and others to work out a deal where they would recognize Israel’s right to exist, let them — make them part of the Middle East, recognize them fully, in return for certain things that the United States would commit to do.

And the commitment to — that we were proposing to do related to two — to two items. I’m not going to go in detail. But one of them was to deal with the protection against their arch enemy to the northwest — northeast, I should say. The second one, by providing ammunition and materiel for them to defend themselves.

Coincidentally, that’s the timeframe when this broke out. I have no proof for what I’m about to say, but it’s not unreasonable to suspect that the — Hamas understood what was about to take place and wanted to break it up before it happened.

Thank you.
I understand that he said "Mexico" when he meant "Egypt", and it's possible to take issue with what Biden was saying, but it is coherent and demonstrates that he knew what he was talking about. It was a slip of the tongue, not confusion.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-19-2024), Crumb (02-19-2024), JoeP (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 10:37 PM
angry white woman

Er, I AGREE. For the most part. I just don’t think his allys have his back anymore.

If the man were anyone other than the president of the United States, I’d say yeah this is normal confusion with aging. I’m 57 and I can tell my memory isn’t the same. If I try to remember a certain football players name or a word for a medication that causes you to pee ( this I did today, I could not think of the word diuretic not straight off) it takes me longer to do so than it did 10 years ago. And if you are my age and you cannot relate to that, you are fibbing.

But he IS the president of the United States so he’s gonna get criticized for it.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:42 PM

Lapses in word recall are not the same thing as confusion about ideas. And it's an issue that Trump has himself, yet it's talked about like Biden is losing his mind and Trump is still sharp (Nambia, calling Nikki Haley as Nancy Pelosi, talking about how he beat Obama when he ran against Clinton, etc.). Because Trump was never coherent, somehow that's not concerning. Trump has a weaker grasp of the issues and misspeaks and says shit like that magnets stop working in water, but because he's a compulsive liar who never bothered to learn anything, it's not concerning.

It's also the case that stuttering and misspeaking are related. Stuttering is not the same as lack of general intelligence.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-20-2024), JoeP (02-21-2024), mickthinks (02-20-2024), slimshady2357 (02-20-2024), Sock Puppet (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 06:48 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Quote:
But he IS the president of the United States so he’s gonna get criticized for it.

But you aren't criticising (what's to criticise? Verbal gaffes are not dishonest or fraudulent or sexually abusive or corrupt or a breach of anybody's constitution).

You are campaigning against him by insinuating incompetence in the absence of any evidence.
Crumb (02-20-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 04:14 PM
angry white woman

Madonna Falls Backward Onstage After Dancer Drops Her

Madonna wipes out on stage. It looks like her male dancer needs more practice in stilletos. Her legs still look good, though.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:13 AM
here to bore you with pictures

MyPillow guy made the news again.

Federal judge affirms MyPillow's Mike Lindell must pay $5M in election data dispute | AP News

Quote:
A panel of three arbitrators last April unanimously ordered Lindell to pay Zeidman $5 million, concluding that he had satisfied the contest rules. In Wednesday’s ruling, U.S. District Judge John Tunheim expressed concern about how the panel interpreted what he called a “poorly written contract,” but said courts have only limited authority to overrule arbitration awards. He ordered Lindell to pay up with interest within 30 days.
I mean, it's no $1.3 billion, but not chump change.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-22-2024), slimshady2357 (02-22-2024), Sock Puppet (02-22-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-26-2024), viscousmemories (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 03:26 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Polish TV host apologizes for station's anti-LGBTQ advocacy under previous government
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-22-2024), JoeP (02-23-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 03:33 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Well, it's Poland, in a lot of ways, Russia's (much improved) Mini-Me.

Offend those in power and you'll have a fall out of a window, or a bunch of secret policemen march in with a bunch of soldiers. Arrests, and suddenly died in prison.

And in ten years when it flips back to far right this will be used to do just that and make an example of what happens when powerful people are offended.

:AB: :canada:
Old 02-25-2024, 02:25 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Most obvious fucking headline ever:

Alabama justice who quoted Bible in IVF case often invokes religion

OK, so I'm glad Dan Rosenzweig-Ziff from The Washington Post did the legwork, but it was kind of a foregone conclusion.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (02-25-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-25-2024), LarsMac (02-25-2024), Sock Puppet (02-26-2024), viscousmemories (02-25-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 04:43 PM
angry white woman

https://www.today.com/parents/family...use-rcna139269

at least she is taking responsibity for her actions. Not sure if she is sincere but she's not fighting her prison sentence.
Old 02-26-2024, 04:46 PM
angry white woman

I was referring to Ruby Franke, i don't know about that other lady.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:13 PM
angry white woman

CVS Health Training Asks Employees to Make a ‘Personal Commitment Plan’ to ‘Mitigate Bias’
Old 03-08-2024, 02:16 PM
angry white woman

Laken Riley came up in SOTU. Biden called alleged killer an 'illegal'

I wonder what the response would have been if Trump called George Floyd Greg Floyd.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law