Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 10-19-2023, 01:06 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: 2024 Presidential Election Shittastic Shittacular

To the point of Cornel West

How long are we giving West to return this donation before we conclude that Democrats losing to the GOP is what he wants to happen?
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (10-19-2023), slimshady2357 (10-19-2023), Sock Puppet (10-19-2023), Stephen Maturin (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 01:57 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

I bet Harlan Crow was simply inspired by Cornel West's intellectual passion and sincere interest in radical change. After watching him on Hannity.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-19-2023), erimir (10-19-2023), JoeP (10-19-2023), slimshady2357 (10-19-2023), Sock Puppet (10-19-2023), Stephen Maturin (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 01:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir
How long are we giving West to return this donation before we conclude that Democrats losing to the GOP is what he wants to happen?
Yes it will definitely be Cornel West's fault if the GOP wins in 2024, despite running as an independent and (likely) not getting on a single ballot, so despite what he says literally every single time he's in front of a mic that clearly must be his intention.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:47 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
“Look, I spent an hour and a half about with the 17 or 18 before and–, I don’t know how to say this,” he said. “Virtually every–, mass shooting–, every–, circumstance where large number of people have been victimized and lost, I’ve spoken with them.”

“I learned a long time ago, but you all learned in your life as well, when someone’s going through something that is beyond their comprehension — that they never thought they’d have to go through — if they see someone who they think understands or maybe been through something not the same but similar, it gives them some sense of hope,” he said. “And I always get criticized sometimes by my staff because when I go to these events, I stay for three or four hours and answer all their questions, but it matters.”

“It matters a lot, and, uh, and look, I’m talking to some of you who have gone through a hell of a lot more than I’ve gone through and a lot more than other people have gone through,” he continued. “But you understand. It’s just, it’s just people are looking for just something to grab, something that gives them some sense, a sense of hope. And that’s, and if I can do a little bit of that, then it’s, you know, worth doing.”
Go back to bed fuck stick.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:50 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
Quote:
“Look, I spent an hour and a half about with the 17 or 18 before and–, I don’t know how to say this,” he said. “Virtually every–, mass shooting–, every–, circumstance where large number of people have been victimized and lost, I’ve spoken with them.”

“I learned a long time ago, but you all learned in your life as well, when someone’s going through something that is beyond their comprehension — that they never thought they’d have to go through — if they see someone who they think understands or maybe been through something not the same but similar, it gives them some sense of hope,” he said. “And I always get criticized sometimes by my staff because when I go to these events, I stay for three or four hours and answer all their questions, but it matters.”

“It matters a lot, and, uh, and look, I’m talking to some of you who have gone through a hell of a lot more than I’ve gone through and a lot more than other people have gone through,” he continued. “But you understand. It’s just, it’s just people are looking for just something to grab, something that gives them some sense, a sense of hope. And that’s, and if I can do a little bit of that, then it’s, you know, worth doing.”
What is your problem?!
Thanks, from:
Ari (10-19-2023), slimshady2357 (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 03:03 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
Quote:
Quote:

What is your problem?!
I was wondering the same.... I guess she hates compassion?
Old 10-19-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir
Yes it will definitely be Cornel West's fault if the GOP wins in 2024, despite running as an independent and (likely) not getting on a single ballot, so despite what he says literally every single time he's in front of a mic that clearly must be his intention.
If he doesn't get on any ballots, sure, he won't have much ability to have an effect.

Nonetheless, even if it ends up that he doesn't change the outcome of the election it won't be for a lack of trying, so I'm not going to give him any credit for just being incompetent at what he was trying to do. Unless not being on the ballot is intentional, it doesn't earn him any points.

And, ok, he says a lot of shit. But Cornel West is smart enough to understand US elections. He can understand what the effect of his candidacy is. And apparently he's taking money from arch-conservatives.

Either he's delusional, or he wants the GOP to win. Or perhaps he doesn't intend to go through with the candidacy, and he was just trying to get attention (which you can interpret positively or negatively). If he drops out, I'll give him credit.

And I get that if helping the GOP is his goal, it's not perhaps out of loving "authentic human being" Brother Trump, but it would be motivated by wanting to punish the Democrats. Doesn't earn any points in my book.

At any rate, West apparently will not be returning the money.

Remember, Brother Harlan Crow may have an on-going bribery arrangement with a far-right Supreme Court Justice and a Nazi memorabilia collection, but the important thing is that he's not a big fan of Trump (he will certainly support and vote for him if Trump is the nominee, mind you), therefore he's not that bad.

Brother West will be praying for Brother Harlan Crow's precious family and not accepting questions at this time.
Old 10-19-2023, 07:59 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post

I think erimir may have used "he wants" as a shorthand for something close to "he doesn't much want to prevent". It's not the same, but the difference is a hairsbreadth, I think, and it isn't really a matter of conscious intention.

Nor does it require the Democrats to lose, let alone for that to happen and West to be soley responsible. All it requires is for the risk of the Democrats losing to increase from, for example, unlikely to distinctly possible. And not only does that seem to me to be exactly what West and any other third candidate in the 2024 race will do, but also, it's hard for anyone to believe and argue otherwise.

ETA: I tried to post this a couple of hours ago, but :ff: wasn't cooperating. Having composed it, I'm not going to let erimir's own obviously superior response deter me from posting it now.
BrotherMan (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 08:11 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady2357 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is your problem?!
There is no accounting for Miss S. She's either a full-on racist fascist shithead who occasionally talks about other things, or an easily led angry white woman who just responds to whatever strings her puppet masters are currently pulling. Or...

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 10-19-2023, 11:01 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is your problem?!
He’s rambling and has no idea what he is saying. And actually Mr. President I’d rather you NOT try to pretend to know what people are going through when clearly you cannot.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:06 PM
angry white woman

I guess you guys missed it when he compared the fires in Maui to him having a house fire back in the 60s and almost losing his corvette.

He is NOT fit for office. And another four years? If you support that you’re a fucking masochist. And you can’t have empathy for anyone, much less an aging old man who is obviously not doing what he wants to be doing.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:15 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Maybe, just maybe, the stick up your butt about Biden colors everything you read or see, I don't know what issue you have with him, if you've just watched too many bullshit propaganda tabloids, or if there's something deeper, but that disgust you feel isn't felt by others. It's clearly a visceral reaction, it doesn't matter what Biden says or does, you clearly hate him.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-20-2023), JoeP (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:18 PM

I do remember how text messages between Biden and Hunter were being shared by Republicans as some sort of damning evidence... and then the text messages were just like
Quote:
Hunter: I'm awful, I'm a fuck up, I'm ruining things for you

Joe: You're my son, and I will always love you
That was some surreal shit too.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is your problem?!
He’s rambling and has no idea what he is saying. And actually Mr. President I’d rather you NOT try to pretend to know what people are going through when clearly you cannot.
If that's your honest reaction, I seriously doubt either your reading comprehension. It is not at all rambling, and he seems to know exactly what he's saying.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (10-20-2023), slimshady2357 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:27 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Maybe, just maybe, the stick up your butt about Biden colors everything you read or see, I don't know what issue you have with him, if you've just watched too many bullshit propaganda tabloids, or if there's something deeper, but that disgust you feel isn't felt by others. It's clearly a visceral reaction, it doesn't matter what Biden says or does, you clearly hate him.
This am it was because I was irritated in general. And not with HIM but those A. Taking advantage of him from the inside and B. The democrats supporters who refuse to see what is obvious.

How old are you, Ari? I know you have been posting here comparatively as long as I have so I assume you’re around the same age as I am which is 57. I’ve seen dementia first hand. Have you? If no, you’re witnessing right now with an entire nation going along with.

And as I have inquired before, y’all got Google?
Go head and type Biden Maui corvette into that little bad boy and watch the listings unfold.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I guess you guys missed it when he compared the fires in Maui to him having a house fire back in the 60s and almost losing his corvette.

He is NOT fit for office. And another four years? If you support that you’re a fucking masochist. And you can’t have empathy for anyone, much less an aging old man who is obviously not doing what he wants to be doing.
He acknowledged that he not being entirely serious:

Quote:
He referred to an incident in 2004, when he was a senator for Delaware, and in Washington, DC, to appear on "Meet The Press." Biden described how lightning struck a pond by his Delaware home, hitting a wire, and coming up underneath his home into the heating and air conditioning ducts.

"To make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette, and my cat," Biden said. "But all kidding aside, I watched the firefighters, the way they responded."
It was part of a larger point he was making, and is not at all indicative of a lack of mental acuity. And I do have empathy--for all the people being exposed to danger by asshats like Trump and DeSantis.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:32 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
I do remember how text messages between Biden and Hunter were being shared by Republicans as some sort of damning evidence... and then the text messages were just like
Quote:

He is his son and he should always love him.

This is proof of Hunter’s innocence?

Okay. I should hope a father will always love his son.

But when I can quote the president word for word using several news sites, that’s a little more convincing than some text messages.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:35 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
He referred to an incident in 2004, when he was a senator for Delaware, and in Washington, DC, to appear on "Meet The Press." Biden described how lightning struck a pond by his Delaware home, hitting a wire, and coming up underneath his home into the heating and air conditioning ducts.

"To make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette, and my cat," Biden said. "But all kidding aside, I watched the firefighters, the way they responded."
It was part of a larger point he was making, and is not at all indicative of a lack of mental acuity. And I do have empathy--for all the people being exposed to danger by asshats like Trump and DeSantis.
THANK YOU so much for providing context. Now that I know the president was JOKING with all of the fire victims I feel MUCH better.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:40 PM

Quote:
. . . I’ve seen dementia first hand. Have you? If no, you’re witnessing right now with an entire nation going along with.
Well, no one will stand up to Trump--so, yes, I witness his dementia on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby
Go head and type Biden Maui corvette into that little bad boy and watch the listings unfold.
I have Google, and I did. But I clicked links that weren't to sources dedicated to truncating videos to cast Biden in a false light. You seem to seek those out. Watch this link all the way through--it might change your mind about the state of his:

Thanks, from:
slimshady2357 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:41 PM

Quote:
How old are you, Ari? I know you have been posting here comparatively as long as I have so I assume you’re around the same age as I am which is 57. I’ve seen dementia first hand. Have you? If no, you’re witnessing right now with an entire nation going along with.
My grandmother lived with us from when her Alzheimer's was progressing to the point she couldn't live independently until her death.

There is absolutely no way my grandmother could've done what Biden is doing on a daily basis. At one point, she spent an entire evening screaming about how we would all die if we went outside and the world was ending. There was no question that she was not with it, there is no way she could've gotten through a television interview or debate.

Did you honestly believe that nobody on this forum has had dementia/Alzheimer's in their family? I have and it's why I know you're full of shit.

Fuck off with this shit.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Quote:

He is his son and he should always love him.

This is proof of Hunter’s innocence?
No? Did I say it was?

It was another example of deranged Republicans getting mad about Joe Biden saying things that were not only normal, but actually make him look good.
Quote:
But when I can quote the president word for word using several news sites, that’s a little more convincing than some text messages.
I don't even know what this means.

Biden quotes appear in multiple news sources? Yes, this is because he's the president :pat:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-20-2023), davidm (10-19-2023), fragment (10-20-2023), JoeP (10-20-2023), slimshady2357 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

THANK YOU so much for providing context. Now that I know the president was JOKING with all of the fire victims I feel MUCH better.
Watch the more complete video I just linked to--as I said, he was making a much larger point.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:44 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, you don’t feel good or bad or anything at all about that ridiculous ginned-up “controversy” in Maui. You’re just another echo in an ever-redounding echo chamber of right-wing lies.

Quote:
It's called "selective editing," and it's done to cast Biden in the worst light possible. And you appear to uncritically lap it all up.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (10-20-2023), slimshady2357 (10-20-2023)
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
I listened to a 26 minute long speech + Q&A from Biden because you said there was absolute proof of this dementia in it, after asking if you've listened to it you vanished, I presume you've since forgotten all about that. It was after all earlier this month, in this thread.

If by google you mean, "Do yall click on the first click baity edited video that confirms my suspicions" then no. I don't have google.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-20-2023), ShottleBop (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:46 PM
Spiffiest wanger

People who think Biden has dementia either have dementia themselves or are lying.
Thanks, from:
erimir (10-20-2023), Miss Shelby (10-19-2023)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law