Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 08-20-2021, 01:11 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
promoting bad science that supports their agenda and suppressing science that they don't like at all.
So you have now admitted that the political structure chooses which science is good and which is bad based upon which supports their politics.

Good for you, this is a real breakthrough!!

:cool:
Old 08-20-2021, 01:42 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
So you have now admitted that the political structure chooses which science is good and which is bad based upon which supports their politics.

Good for you, this is a real breakthrough!!

:cool:
There is no singular political structure. There are people and individuals who vie for power, with greater or lesser success, with greater or lesser degrees of agreeing on ideology and norms, with greater or lesser respect for quality of information and analysis, with greater or lesser protections against power abuses, and with greater or lesser ethics around openness about their motives, methods and conclusions. Having an understanding of these dynamics is how you parse out what people say to you.
Thanks, from:
Ari (08-20-2021), beyelzu (08-20-2021), Ensign Steve (08-20-2021), ShottleBop (08-30-2021), slimshady2357 (08-20-2021), Sock Puppet (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 03:17 AM

...AND YOU JUST SO HAPPEN TO CHOOSE THE SCIENCE WHICH IS POLITICALLY POPULAR AT THIS TIME..

:wave:
Old 08-20-2021, 03:23 AM

So we have a number of scientific studies prior to covid which show masks have no effect on the transfer of viruses.

Why do you support wearing masks when the peer reviewed science says it has no value, or potentially harmful effects?

Or do you just follow what the current politics tells you what science is?

Seriously, by your responses. you would have condoned the castration and gassing, because you follow politics, not science.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:26 AM

Big phrama is making big cash.

Big government is making big cash.

Do you get a government check?

The little people are getting fucked.
Old 08-20-2021, 04:12 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
...AND YOU JUST SO HAPPEN TO CHOOSE THE SCIENCE WHICH IS POLITICALLY POPULAR AT THIS TIME..

:wave:
:halftroll:

You don't have the faintest about most opinions on science I have. But you just happen to kneejerk oppose whatever science you think might get you some kind of reaction. Boring.
Thanks, from:
Ari (08-20-2021), beyelzu (08-20-2021), JoeP (08-20-2021), slimshady2357 (08-20-2021), Sock Puppet (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 05:18 AM
here to bore you with pictures

This month for one of my book clubs, we are reading, You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories about Racism by Amber Ruffin.

Amber Ruffin's sister, Lacey is pretty, petite and polite, and apparently when you live in Nebraska that encourages racist behavior both big and small.

Considering it's written by Amber Ruffin, it's not as funny as I was expecting (I think it would be better in audiobook form), and if you're familiar with the basic ways people can act towards black women, most of it is not surprising. She retells a few stories she shared on Late Night to give an example of what she's writing about:
She saves the "best" for last. I won't spoil it, but Lacey's Black History class was invited to Dubuque, Iowa for a "Black History Showdown" and proceeded to dominate the competition. Even I was surprised by the end of that story.

If you want to know how black people are treated when people don't need to worry about being seen as racist, this is a relatively painless way to read about it.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (08-20-2021), BrotherMan (08-20-2021), Ensign Steve (08-22-2021), JoeP (08-20-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (08-20-2021), lisarea (08-20-2021), ShottleBop (08-30-2021), slimshady2357 (08-20-2021), Sock Puppet (08-20-2021), viscousmemories (08-22-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Amber Ruffin
"At any time 'we' could get murdered by the police."

The problem with the tyranny of governmnet using police against their citizens has nothing to do with race.

Look at Australia right now today.

I grew up in Baltimore, Black run city, majority Black police. Its not about race.

Most of you people have have never lived in a diverse environment. You are ignorant people that follow what ever the fascist mainstream narrative tells you to think.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:27 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Fuck this guy

Also:

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (11-12-2021), BrotherMan (08-25-2021), Crumb (08-25-2021), ShottleBop (09-01-2021), slimshady2357 (08-25-2021), Sock Puppet (08-25-2021), viscousmemories (08-25-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 09:03 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
At a heated Texas school board meeting in late July, a man accused a Black principal of promoting critical race theory and “the conspiracy theory of systemic racism.” The man named the principal several times during his remarks, despite a school board policy barring direct attacks.

Just over a month later, the district has suspended Colleyville Heritage High School Principal James Whitfield without explanation, he told The Washington Post on Tuesday. The decision followed several weeks of controversy during which Whitfield tried to publicly clear his name. Students turned out to defend their principal, while parents demanded his termination.

“I was not given any clear reasoning behind the decision and was not given a timetable regarding further steps,” Whitfield said in a Facebook message. “I was simply told that it was in the best interest of the district.”

He is the first Black principal in the schools history and

Quote:
The recent dispute over critical race theory was not Whitfield’s first clash with parents. In 2019, shortly after Whitfield was named the first Black principal of a middle school in Colleyville, a parent complained to the district about a photo Whitfield had posted on social media that showed him and his wife, who is White, in an embrace, celebrating their wedding anniversary.

“Is this the Dr. Whitfield we want as an example for our students?” the parent asked in an email that Whitfield recounted on Facebook. The district asked Whitfield to remove the photo to avoid further controversy, KXAS-TV reported.
Texas parents accuse Black principal of CRT and now he is suspended.
Crumb (09-01-2021), Ensign Steve (09-01-2021), JoeP (09-02-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (09-01-2021), lisarea (09-02-2021), slimshady2357 (09-02-2021), Sock Puppet (09-01-2021), viscousmemories (09-02-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 02:55 PM

hard to get blither than Dog the Bounty Hunter

His daughter said he was a racist homophobe so Dog did an interview

Quote:
“I’m 33.5 percent Apache. But because of over 15 years ago, I have Achilles’ heel because I used the wrong word,” he explained, referring to a leaked 2007 phone call he had with his son — who ultimately released the audio — during which Dog used the N-word over six times. The incident subsequently led to the cancellation of his show by A&E.

When asked by the host why he used the word and racist language so freely, Dog revealed it was normal behavior in his household. Furthermore, he said, “I thought I had pass in the Black tribe to use it, kind of like Eminem.”
Crumb (09-06-2021), Ensign Steve (09-06-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (09-04-2021), Sock Puppet (09-07-2021), viscousmemories (09-04-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 06:52 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Soccer team refuses to board bus with driver refusing entry to a kid with Mexican flag.

Thanks, from:
beyelzu (09-19-2021), BrotherMan (09-19-2021), Ensign Steve (09-19-2021), JoeP (09-19-2021), lisarea (09-19-2021), Sock Puppet (09-20-2021), specious_reasons (09-19-2021), viscousmemories (09-19-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 05:52 PM

Follow up to the Black principal who was suspended over alleged CRT.

Quote:
The Grapevine Colleyville Independent School District school board has unanimously voted to propose non-renewal of Dr. James Whitfield’s contract.

The Colleyville Heritage High School principal has been on paid administrative leave since late August. The district said their decision has nothing to do with allegations that he was teaching Critical Race Theory or the social media photos of him and his wife that officials found to be questionable.
To be fair to the school board, I do agree that it's not just because of alleged critical race theory, it's also because he is black.

but it's also funny that they say it's not about CRT when

Quote:
During the meeting district officials gave several reasons for the proposal, some of which include:

Performance concerns — which include communication, situational awareness and the magnitude of a situation.
Attempting to hide public records from discovery by deleting them from the sent and trash email files.
Failure to comply with official directives. In multiple written communications with his supervisors, district officials said Whitfield has been disrespectful, unreasonable and insubordinate.
Failure to meet the district’s standards of professional conduct. Violating this by voicing concerns on Facebook, Twitter and to the media.
Diminishing his effectiveness by dividing large sections of the community by continuing to raise issues of Critical Race Theory.
Failed to maintain effective working relationships or maintain good rapport with parents, the community or colleagues.
Grapevine Colleyville School District racist as fuck

In addition to the bolded one which is directly about crt, several of the other points are almost certainly crt related.
Crumb (09-21-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (09-21-2021), lisarea (09-21-2021), mickthinks (09-21-2021), Sock Puppet (09-21-2021), specious_reasons (09-21-2021), Stephen Maturin (09-22-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
The 30327 ZIP code, representing Buckhead’s plushest quarters, was the only pocket of the city of Atlanta to vote for Donald Trump in 2020. Bill White says the de-annexation push is not about politics or race but simply about the future of the neighborhood: “We are people who just want to take our community back.”

“I’m not a Republican. I’m not a Democrat. I’m not an independent,” White told a group of supporters this spring. “I’m not Black. I’m not White. I’m not gay or straight. I’m none of those things,” he continued. “And we want all of us to start thinking that way because that’s the way we win.”

Says the straight white guy who wants the white part of atlanta to secede from atlanta

Atlanta’s Wealthiest and Whitest District Wants to Secede
Crumb (10-03-2021), JoeP (10-03-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-03-2021), lisarea (10-03-2021), Sock Puppet (10-04-2021), Stephen Maturin (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 07:02 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

It's a very good thing America is completely, totally, 100% post-racial, else this would look kinda bad.

:lol:@the pigs, who are wholly powerless since this case doesn't involve a 12-year-old darkie with a toy firearm.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (10-06-2021), JoeP (10-06-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-06-2021), lisarea (10-06-2021), slimshady2357 (10-06-2021), Sock Puppet (10-06-2021), specious_reasons (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The Virginia Beach Police Department also released a statement saying that it has responded to several calls related to nuisance and loud music on the block, but while it is "offensive," it "has no authority to intervene."

"As appalling and offensive as the neighbors' behaviors are, the city attorney and Virginia magistrates have separately determined that the actions reported thus far did not rise to the level that Virginia law defines as criminal behavior," police said Thursday.
I don't know Virginia law at all and I am definitely not a lawyer but it's really hard to see how this doesn't at least rise to disorderly conduct

Quote:
A. A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with the intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

1. In any street, highway, or public building, or while in or on a public conveyance, or while in a public place engages in conduct having a direct tendency to cause acts of violence by the person or persons at whom, individually, such conduct is directed;
§ 18.2-415. Disorderly conduct in public places

I just don't see how targeted public harassment wouldn't apply, except of course for racism.
Crumb (10-06-2021), JoeP (10-06-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-06-2021), lisarea (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 08:12 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Ari (10-06-2021), beyelzu (10-06-2021), Crumb (10-07-2021), JoeP (10-06-2021), Sock Puppet (10-06-2021), Stephen Maturin (10-06-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 04:56 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
beyelzu (11-12-2021), Crumb (10-11-2021), Ensign Steve (10-08-2021), JoeP (10-08-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 06:32 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

More cash for kids: Black Children Were Jailed for a Crime That Doesn’t Exist. Almost Nothing Happened to the Adults in Charge. — ProPublica

Thanks, from:
Ari (10-10-2021), beyelzu (11-12-2021), lisarea (10-10-2021), Sock Puppet (10-11-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 11:02 PM

The face of White Supremacy according to your ilk.

They even molested him whilst wearing a gorilla mask.

Old 10-16-2021, 01:12 AM

I went to Coosa Middle School and Coosa High School in Rome Georgia.

I can recall plenty of blithe racism from my school days, but here is something more recent

So apparently some white students brought a confederate flag to Coosa High school and made a video and used racial epithets. Black students planned a protest and were suspended for it.

Quote:

“The administration is aware of tomorrow's planned protest," the administrator said. "Police will be present here at school and if students insist on encouraging this kind of activity they will be disciplined for encouraging unrest."

Last edited by beyelzu; 10-16-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Thanks, from:
Ari (10-16-2021), BrotherMan (10-16-2021), Crumb (10-16-2021), JoeP (10-16-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-16-2021), lisarea (10-16-2021), mickthinks (10-16-2021), slimshady2357 (10-16-2021), Sock Puppet (10-18-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 08:11 AM

My nephew who still live in Rome shared a better source in Facebook better source.

Quote:

Several Black parents told CBS46 there were notified about the suspensions by sheriff's deputies coming to their homes. One parents said an officer pulled her over while she was driving to inform her her daughter was being suspended.

"This is the letter that the principal and sheriff hand delivered to me at my house," one parent said.

And

Quote:

"We’re not allowed to wear Black Lives Matter shirts or the LGBTQ flag, but kids can have Confederate flags and they have said nothing," Huckaby told CBS46.

So bizarrely enough, I credit the education I received at Coosa Middle School for helping me not be a racist piece of shit. (And my mom was pretty not racist)

I had a great teacher in 8th grade, Bruce Wingo.

Mr Wingo dealt with my precocious ADHD ass by assigning me lots of extra books to read while the class slugged through Of Mice and Men or To Kill a Mockingbird for weeks.

He had me read All Quiet on the Western Front, Autobiography of MalcolmX, Grapes of Wrath, To Run with the Horsemen (this is memoir about growing up southern and realizing your daddy is a racist piece of shit.) among other novels.

I’ve always credited reading with helping me see the bigger world, but Wingo (and my math teacher for four years Barbara Early) pushed me in a way that few teachers ever did.

I had some decent teachers at Coosa High, but it was the worst. Racist and fucked up. Also lots of male teachers dating students. (I know two who got in trouble for it and a third married a former student before she was 19)
Ari (10-17-2021), BrotherMan (10-17-2021), Crumb (10-18-2021), Ensign Steve (10-18-2021), fragment (10-17-2021), JoeP (10-17-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-17-2021), lisarea (10-17-2021), slimshady2357 (10-17-2021), Sock Puppet (10-18-2021), Stephen Maturin (10-18-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Jury selection is under way in the Boat Water Killing case. According to a certain self-loathing black man whose be-all and end-all is acceptance in the white man's world, this is the case in which a violent African savage ran 20 miles over "road bridges" and "boat water" to wrest a firearm from a peaceful, law-abiding white man.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson

Last edited by Stephen Maturin; 10-19-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Thanks, from:
Ari (10-19-2021), beyelzu (11-12-2021), BrotherMan (10-19-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-19-2021), slimshady2357 (10-19-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 04:48 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Wrangling with a Trumper over CRT in K-12, I found this:

Critical race theory fears are based in lazy, racist thinking

... and it's excellent natch, else I wouldn't be sharing it with you.

From the linkAnd right there on page one is the center square in the game of “I’m-not-a-racist-but…” Bingo: A picture of Martin Luther King Jr., with the only quote of King’s that Republicans ever acknowledge: “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

Last edited by mickthinks; 11-11-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-12-2021), beyelzu (11-12-2021), BrotherMan (11-11-2021), JoeP (11-11-2021), lisarea (11-11-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 06:24 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

The question of whether Kyle Rittenhouse might be a real white supremacist or was just playing one for the cameras raises an interesting question:

Is that an OK sign? A white power symbol? Or just a right-wing troll? | Southern Poverty Law Center

... which prefigures but also parallels and illuminates the "Let's Go Brandon" meme, I think.
Ari (11-12-2021), beyelzu (11-12-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-12-2021), lisarea (11-12-2021)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law