Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 08-31-2016, 03:18 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Wedding.

My younger daughter is getting married again on Sat. and I'm supposed to give a little speech for the reception. She has already told me what I'm not allowed to talk about, but I have a little surprise for her. I'll let you know how it turns out on Sun.
Stephen Maturin (08-31-2016), Stormlight (08-31-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: Wedding.

I will reserve my thanks until I get the full report.
lisarea (09-01-2016), Stephen Maturin (09-01-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 12:05 AM
I'm Deplorable.

I started out by commenting that after all these years (29) she should know better than to put a live mike in my hands.

Then I gave my new son-in-law some advice. My daughters birthday is on Dec. 22 and she has complained that her Birthday and Christmas gifts get pushed together and she feels cheated. So I told him to buy a gift that is in parts and give her half for her birthday and the other half for Christmas.

I clued the DJ by saying that "I really don't have anything to say" Then my wife and I sang an abbreviated version of "Endless Love" for them, I also had to drop it 3 1/2 steps so that we could reach the notes, I'm a bass and my wife is an alto. We got applause and several complements on the singing, and my daughter said that it was a complete surprise.

Finally I told him that the other advice was a joke and here is some real advice, always remember the date, Sept 3rd.

My wife had a few words after that.
BrotherMan (09-04-2016), ceptimus (09-04-2016), lisarea (09-04-2016), Stephen Maturin (09-08-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 03:15 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Q: Do you know what the Three Wiseman said to Jesus when they brought him gifts?

A: Remember Jesus, these are your birthday presents and your Christmas presents.
BrotherMan (09-04-2016), ceptimus (09-04-2016), Crumb (09-04-2016), Janet (09-07-2016), JoeP (09-04-2016), Limoncello (01-14-2017), lisarea (09-04-2016), SR71 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Q: Do you know what the Three Wiseman said to Jesus when they brought him gifts?

A: Remember Jesus, these are your birthday presents and your Christmas presents.
Have you ever seen the Movie "the Perfect Gift"? Maxine had the same problem, but she finally came to terms with it.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle