Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Don't worry I'm not back to talk about the book.
This was 3 days ago. Should we be worried about you now?
It's amazing to me how none of you can leave here. Yes, I said that and I am entitled to change my mind 100 times if I choose.
We enjoy it, so we stay. You don't enjoy it, you feel we are all terribly mean ruinous people...yet you stay anyway. Which is more amazing?
There is nothing amazing about it. I'm here when I'm here, just like you are. I have invested a lot in this thread so it is understandable why I tried to salvage it. But at this point I have no use talking to people who are just out to criticize Lessans without understanding the first thing about this discovery. If that's all I get, then you will see less and less of me.
If there is nothing amazing about it why did you say it was amazing?
I didn't say it is amazing. I said there is nothing amazing about why I'm here. I've invested two years of my life, so it's no surprise I would want to salvage whatever I can, but I believe it's impossible.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
I didn't say it is amazing.
You did.
Quote:

It's amazing to me how none of you can leave here.
Since we enjoy it, why is it amazing that we stay?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's true that people will marry for life. Boys and girls will stay together because it will be a mutually balanced equation of love and respect. He never said anything about falling in love with the first genitals.
Liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessans
One face is not better looking than another — just different —
although we will always find certain differences we like better. It is true that we have already been conditioned to move in the direction of certain preferences, but we cannot be hurt when these individuals reject us at the very outset and when other choices in a mate will never be directly or indirectly criticized. If a boy desires a type of girl like Elizabeth Taylor who does not desire his type, he is compelled to put the proverbial horse before the cart and search for the type of girl who is ready to have sex with him. He will then fall in love with her sexual organs...and her features will become secondary because nobody will ever refer indirectly to her as ugly by calling other types beautiful, which in our present world could possibly make him regret his choice and keep an eye out for someone who would be looked upon by others as having more to offer in the way of physical appearance. But how is it possible for him to regret his choice for a mate when the world stops criticizing that choice and when he falls desperately in love with his beloved which takes place after, not before, the sexual union?
No LadyShea, you are twisting what he said as usual. He said that falling in love with someone will come after, not before, the sexual union and as long as no one criticizes one's choice, appearance will be less important than finding someone who is ready to tie the knot, so to speak. How someone looks will be secondary. He used this in a certain context only, which is why he qualified it by saying "put the proverbial horse before the cart". I don't even think you understood this passage at all.
Thats an exact quote from the book. No twisting was used in copying and pasting it.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

Yes, it is amazing to me, and still is. Someone who enjoys something is one thing; spending hours and hours of time in a thread that is only being used for lulz is another. You must be very bored LadyShea.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's true that people will marry for life. Boys and girls will stay together because it will be a mutually balanced equation of love and respect. He never said anything about falling in love with the first genitals.
Liar.

Quote:
although we will always find certain differences we like better. It is true that we have already been conditioned to move in the direction of certain preferences, but we cannot be hurt when these individuals reject us at the very outset and when other choices in a mate will never be directly or indirectly criticized. If a boy desires a type of girl like Elizabeth Taylor who does not desire his type, he is compelled to put the proverbial horse before the cart and search for the type of girl who is ready to have sex with him. He will then fall in love with her sexual organs...and her features will become secondary because nobody will ever refer indirectly to her as ugly by calling other types beautiful, which in our present world could possibly make him regret his choice and keep an eye out for someone who would be looked upon by others as having more to offer in the way of physical appearance. But how is it possible for him to regret his choice for a mate when the world stops criticizing that choice and when he falls desperately in love with his beloved which takes place after, not before, the sexual union?
No LadyShea, you are twisting what he said as usual. He said that falling in love with someone will come after, not before, the sexual union and as long as no one criticizes one's choice, appearance will be less important than finding someone who is ready to tie the knot, so to speak. How someone looks will be secondary. He used this in a certain context only, which is why he qualified it by saying "put the proverbial horse before the cart". I don't even think you understood this passage at all.
Thats an exact quote from the book. No twisting was used in copying and pasting it.
Yes, of course it is, but can you explain it in context. No, you can't. You are so out of your league, you don't even know how to respond because you don't even know what I'm asking.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

I have no idea, you have to figure that out. I am truly taken aback by people who have nothing other to do in life than to be in a place that serves no purpose, in their mind. Obviously, this thread serves some kind of purpose for you; maybe it makes you feel superior and it gives you the platform to make your superiority known. Sadly, it doesn't work in the long run.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:55 PM

I'm pretty sure that this forum is way past the point where the regulars feel any need to prove that they're smart to each other or anyone else.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013), LadyShea (08-09-2013), thedoc (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaM View Post
I'm pretty sure that this forum is way past the point where the regulars feel any need to prove that they're smart to each other or anyone else.
I disagree 100%, but if you want to believe this, be my guest.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No LadyShea, you are twisting what he said as usual.
Yes, of course it is, but can you explain it in context. No, you can't. You are so out of your league, you don't even know how to respond because you don't even know what I'm asking.
If this were true it would put LadyShea in the same league with you, since you have never tried to explain anything except to quote from the book without any understanding or clarifying in context. However it is not true, since LadyShea has repeatedly tried to rephrase the book to clarify the meaning, which you have continually failed to clarify. Peacegirl, you have not, at any time, tried to clarify what is in the book in spite of numerous requests and questions for over 1200 pages of this thread. The number of questions you have evaded over the last 10 years or more would probably reach to the Moons of Jupiter and back.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I have no idea, you have to figure that out.
Most people like a good comedy, some even like a bad comedy, which might explain why Peacegirl can't leave, she's having too much fun.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I've pretty much given up on that as hopeless for myself, now I just want to be funny.

Oh, - I do agree that the other regulars have proven how smart they are to anyone with the smarts to understand what is posted.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No LadyShea, you are twisting what he said as usual.
If this were true it would put LadyShea in the same league with you, since you have never tried to explain anything except to quote from the book without any understanding or clarifying in context. However it is not true, since LadyShea has repeatedly tried to rephrase the book to clarify the meaning, which you have continually failed to clarify.
Yes, she tried but failed. All she keeps saying is that it's a modal fallacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc
Peacegirl, you have not, at any time, tried to clarify what is in the book in spite of numerous requests and questions for over 1200 pages of this thread.The number of questions you have evaded over the last 10 years or more would probably reach to the Moons of Jupiter and back.
Not true. You just haven't been listening because you're too busy talking.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Liar.

Quote:
The quote is there with its context intact. What explanation or additional context is missing from it? I gave you multiple opportunities to provide any missing context that would make this passage read in some way other than it does, and you never have done so. Here's another opportunity.

Don't blame me for your being unable to explain the passage.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

I have no idea, you have to figure that out. I am truly taken aback by people who have nothing other to do in life than to be in a place that serves no purpose, in their mind. Obviously, this thread serves some kind of purpose for you; maybe it makes you feel superior and it gives you the platform to make your superiority known. Sadly, it doesn't work in the long run.
I have lots of other things in life that I do every day besides think about you and Lessans. You are the one with a single focus life, not me, so you are once again projecting.

Just today I worked two jobs, had dinner with my mom and son, and am doing laundry right now.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 AM
you're next

Quote:

i'd say the vast majority of people here are much smarter than me.

(but i'm not regular)
ChristinaM (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

Yes, it is amazing to me, and still is. Someone who enjoys something is one thing; spending hours and hours of time in a thread that is only being used for lulz is another. You must be very bored LadyShea.
Lets see, LadyShea comes here to expound on the truth of science and reality, and you come here, respond to everyone, not just a few, and provide endless amusement for everyone by spouting fantasy. Who is wasting more time? I'm sure that LadyShea, like me, appreciates the diversity of science that is presented here apart from the drivel from the book. It seems that someone, apart from Peacegirl, is always presenting something of interest. That and seeing how Peacegirl evades and tries to deflect the conversation.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEZOZE View Post
Quote:

i'd say the vast majority of people here are much smarter than me.

(but i'm not regular)
Try Ex-lax.
Angakuk (08-09-2013), ZEZOZE (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 04:38 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

I have lots of other things in life that I do every day besides think about you and Lessans. You are the one with a single focus life, not me, so you are once again projecting.

Just today I worked two jobs, had dinner with my mom and son, and am doing laundry right now.
Today I officiated at a funeral, visited a couple of church members, spent about 3 hours in the office, came home and did some work on the computer, went to the gym and worked out, came home and had cookies and milk with my wife while watching a little TV and I am now relaxing at the computer and being amused by peacegirl, a task that does not require that I spend hours and hours perusing this thread. It has actually been something like 20 minutes. Having reached this point I will now go read some of the other threads on the board. When I get done with that I will read a book for awhile and then go to bed.
LadyShea (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Liar.

Quote:
I didn't say you posted incorrectly, but that doesn't explain your lack of understanding. Your interpretation is misconstrued because you have not understood what he means in the context of the chapter. Obviously, you don't have a clue what he means. You just see that he says we will fall in love with her sexual organs and you get offended. You immediately take it the wrong way because you are not interested in interpreting his comments correctly; you're interested in showing him up.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
I didn't say you posted incorrectly, but that doesn't explain your lack of understanding. Your interpretation is misconstrued because you have not understood what he means in the context of the chapter. Obviously, you don't have a clue what he means. You just see that he says we will fall in love with her sexual organs and you get offended. You immediately take it the wrong way because you are not interested in interpreting his comments correctly; you're interested in showing him up.
You lied, Peacegirl. You said, and I quote: "He never said anything about falling in love with the first genitals."

That was a lie, plain and simple. He did indeed say that. He said exactly that, and you lied by claiming he didn't.
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

Kudos to you for being Superwoman. Why be here then, which only adds to your laundry load of things to do. Why do that to yourself? By the way, this is not my single focus in life. Yes, it's important to me to get this book done and into the marketplace, but I have other things to contend with. My daughter is getting married and I am planning her shower which is coming up this month. I am also going to be a grandma again (our first girl :)) and I have to plan ahead since I have to always pace myself due to my health issue. Anyway, why shouldn't this be one of my major focuses if it can do what it claims it can do? You would be the same way if it was your father who made a discovery.

Last edited by peacegirl; 08-09-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You lied, Peacegirl. You said, and I quote: "He never said anything about falling in love with the first genitals."

That was a lie, plain and simple. He did indeed say that. He said exactly that, and you lied by claiming he didn't.
First of all, he never used the term genitals. All he said was that if someone in the new world could not find the person he was most attracted to in the world of free will, when there is no blame or criticism for the choice of a mate (which occurs in this world), he will place the horse before the cart and look for someone who is ready to have sex with him and be partners for life. People are taking this out of context, and it's not fair to the meaning behind his words. Can't you see that?

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First of all, he never used the term genitals. All he said was that if someone in the new world could not find the person he was most attracted to in the world of free will, when there is no blame or criticism for the choice of a mate (which occurs in this world), he will place the horse before the cart and look for someone who is ready to have sex with him and be partners for life. People are taking this out of context, and it's not fair to the meaning behind his words. Can't you see that?
I can see that you lied. And now you are weaseling to evade the point that you lied. Get help, Peacegirl. You are obviously unwell.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You did.
Quote:

Kudos to you for being Superwoman. Why be here then, which only adds to your laundry load of things to do. Why do that to yourself?
I already said I enjoy posting here. It's one of the many things I do in life. There is no mystery.

However, why you continue here when you do not enjoy it and feel it is a waste of your time is less understandable. Shouldn't you be marketing the book or contacting Deepak Chopra or whatever?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
First of all, he never used the term genitals.
Is there a big difference between sexual organs and genitals in Lessans New World ?

Quote:
Noun 1. sex organ - any organ involved in sexual reproduction

reproductive organ
organ - a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
genital system, reproductive system - organs and tissues involved in the production and maturation of gametes and in their union and subsequent development as offspring
genital organ, genitalia, genitals, private parts, privates, crotch - external sex organ
female internal reproductive organ - the reproductive organs of a woman
male internal reproductive organ - the reproductive organs of a man
male reproductive gland - the reproductive organs of a man
mamilla, mammilla, nipple, teat, tit, pap - the small projection of a mammary gland
Thanks, from:
ChristinaM (08-09-2013)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy