I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
That should cheer anyone up, unless you don't believe in puppies with chew toys?
Dog chews toy is not exactly news. Now if it were the other way around...
Since when did the news ever cheer anyone up?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

If vision were afferent, one would expect the cat in that video to drag that goddamn dolphin out the water and beat the everluvin' shit out of it right there on the dock. That didn't happen, so vision is efferent.

Moreover, if you line up fifty dolphins in a row, a cat will not be able to tell by sight alone which dolphin bonked him on the head earlier. Thus, it necessarily follows that a cat's brain looks out through the window of the eyes and projects dolphins onto screens of undeniable substance.

The above statements are astute observations and therefore are wholly unassailable. Anyone purporting to deny those observations is acting from ignorance, malice or both. In addition, those naysayers are RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE. Why do they hate world peace?

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Adam (08-06-2013), Angakuk (08-06-2013), ChristinaM (08-06-2013), Dragar (08-06-2013), LadyShea (08-05-2013), Spacemonkey (08-05-2013), thedoc (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That should cheer anyone up, unless you don't believe in puppies with chew toys?
Dog chews toy is not exactly news. Now if it were the other way around...
Since when did the news ever cheer anyone up?
Not over the age of five.
Thanks, from:
thedoc (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
If vision were afferent, one would expect the cat in that video to drag that goddamn dolphin out the water and beat the everluvin' shit out of it right there on the dock. That didn't happen, so vision is efferent.

Moreover, if you line up fifty dolphins in a row, a cat will not be able to tell by sight alone which dolphin bonked him on the head earlier. Thus, it necessarily follows that a cat's brain looks out through the window of the eyes and projects dolphins onto screens of undeniable substance.

The above statements are astute observations and therefore are wholly unassailable. Anyone purporting to deny those observations is acting from ignorance, malice or both. In addition, those naysayers are RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE. Why do they hate world peace?
What is your problem Maturin? If you think this guy has it right you are sadly mistaken. He has major issues and he is using this thread to make himself feel better. It's really sick. :(

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
What is your problem Maturin? If you think this guy has it right you are sadly mistaken. He has major issues and he is using this thread to make himself feel better. It's really sick. :(
I just woke up, you posted once and I'm already confused.

Who is the 'you' in that quote and who is "this guy? I'm assuming that "he" means Steven. Maybe you should just stop using pronouns altogether for a while.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013), LadyShea (08-06-2013), Stephen Maturin (08-06-2013), thedoc (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaM View Post
Quote:
I just woke up, you posted once and I'm already confused.

Who is the 'you' in that quote and who is "this guy? I'm assuming that "he" means Steven. Maybe you should just stop using pronouns altogether for a while.
Maybe I should. Thank you.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:15 PM

*types and deletes a bunch of grumpy 'goddamn it it's first thing in the morning so either explain yourself clearly or shut up' stuff.

Never mind.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013), thedoc (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
*types and deletes a bunch of grumpy 'goddamn it it's first thing in the morning so either explain yourself clearly or shut up' stuff.

Never mind.
At least you recognize for all it's worth in a thread that has died that it's your problem waking up so early, not mine, so don't put it on me, okay?:(

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM

My head just exploded.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013), thedoc (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Quote:

See what I mean, people? This is what happens when you challenge someone's comfy cozy worldview -- they lash out in anger and hysteria. I am a long-term iconoclast and slaughterer of sacred cows, so I'm accustomed to such animus-driven shit flinging.

Admittedly, though, I grow weary of the abuse. My dignity is on the line and has been for a long time. How can anyone be expected to tolerate such abuse in perpetuity? If this goes on much longer, I will develop the vapors and be forced to go on Social Security disability.

No matter, though. I will have the last laugh when the efferent cats and dolphins pass their citizenship tests and Golden Age begins. Many goils and meatballs will know what it is like to be roasted in the depths of the translucent fuck robe on that day, I can tell you!

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Adam (08-06-2013), Angakuk (08-07-2013), ChristinaM (08-06-2013), Dragar (08-06-2013), LadyShea (08-07-2013), Pan Narrans (08-06-2013), Spacemonkey (08-06-2013), thedoc (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
My head just exploded.
Have another cup of coffee.

Peacegirl is evasive and vague but not so bad as some other posters on other forums. Sometimes the post is just so off that there is no way to figure out what they are referring to. At least with Peacegirl there are only a few possibilities. On another forum a member was repeatedly banned because other posters couldn't figure out what she meant.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:46 PM

I'm working on my second cup. I hate everything until I drink at least half a pot of coffee.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See what I mean, people? This is what happens when you challenge someone's comfy cozy worldview -- they lash out in anger and hysteria. I am a long-term iconoclast and slaughterer of sacred cows, so I'm accustomed to such animus-driven shit flinging.
Actually, I'm not lashing out. I'm defending myself, which I have every right to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Maturin
Admittedly, though, I grow weary of the abuse. My dignity is on the line and has been for a long time. How can anyone be expected to tolerate such abuse in perpetuity? If this goes on much longer, I will develop the vapors and be forced to go on Social Security disability.
What a vindictive guy you are. You cannot keep from using the same old argument to discredit Lessans, but it doesn't fly. Unfortunately, your lawyer talk is doing you no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Maturin
No matter, though. I will have the last laugh when the efferent cats and dolphins pass their citizenship tests and Golden Age begins. Many goils and meatballs will know what it is like to be roasted in the depths of the translucent fuck robe on that day, I can tell you!
Oh be quiet, you have no power here. Be gone! :giggle:

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I'm working on my second cup. I hate everything until I drink at least half a pot of coffee.
Well drink up, and then come back with a legitimate argument. :lol:

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
My head just exploded.

Peacegirl is evasive and vague but not so bad as some other posters on other forums. Sometimes the post is just so off that there is no way to figure out what they are referring to. At least with Peacegirl there are only a few possibilities. On another forum a member was repeatedly banned because other posters couldn't figure out what she meant.
You're back on ignore!!

Last edited by peacegirl; 08-06-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 PM

So I guess that you're all done trying that dignity and self-respect stuff. Did it feel good even for a day?

If you really are back and want to pick up where you left off then go find my last post about the economic stuff and reply to it.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Oh be quiet, you have no power here. Be gone! :giggle:
Peacegirl, If you click your heals together 3 times and say "There's no place like my imaginary home", those ruby slippers will take you right over the rainbow and into the "Golden age".
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My head just exploded.

BULL SHIT! You're back on ignore!!
Thankyou, but the member on the other forum was not you, but she did make sense once in awhile.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
So I guess that you're all done trying that dignity and self-respect stuff. Did it feel good even for a day?

If you really are back and want to pick up where you left off then go find my last post about the economic stuff and reply to it.
I'm not interested Christina because you are not sincere. You are filled with mockery just like everyone else. If you read the chapter I'll answer you.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Resurrected!

I want to play, too. Oh where do I begin? :D
Old 08-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

I believe you have to read Lessans' entire book before you're allowed to criticize any part of it. If you do have criticisms, the appropriate course of action is to reread the book until they go away.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013), ChristinaM (08-07-2013), LadyShea (08-07-2013), Pan Narrans (08-07-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Resurrected!

Link? Even with my forum settings this is a 757 page thread.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

A revolution in thought - Freethought Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I see you went mysterious drive-by elsewhere. Any reason we should not assume this is some kind of woo-woo spam?

A Revolution in Thought you sent those participants here for some reason
Philosophy | University of Northern Colorado - New Discovery
And there, the .pdf is revealed!

Decline and Fall of All Evil: The Most Important Discovery of Our Times (.pdf)

That's quite a title
Old 08-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Resurrected!

I get the feeling this thread is akin to the eventually-moved-to-pseudoscience thread by that Mensa genius (Robert?) who tried to redefine mathematics and argued vehemently for aeons about GPS and relativity.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil Desperandum View Post
I get the feeling this thread is akin to the eventually-moved-to-pseudoscience thread by that Mensa genius (Robert?) who tried to redefine mathematics and argued vehemently for aeons about GPS and relativity.
This is not pseudoscience. Why don't you read the first three chapters instead of making wild guesses?

Untitled Document

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-07-2013)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy