Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
Are you at least going to drop this ridiculous garbage about me being influenced by and copying NA, now that I've provided a quote predating my arrival here at FF proving your claim about me wrong?
Show me the posts and I will do just that.

He showed you the post from 2010, at another forum, you responded to the post that contained it even
I wasn't thinking in terms of a thread back in 2010. I was thinking of what he said in this thread, but I admit I was wrong. I don't know what he's trying to prove; that because I didn't remember him saying this two years ago, that somehow this is a reflection on this discovery? If he believes I have the problem I don't understand why he followed me for the third time, when he could be doing many other things.
Can you not follow the train of discussion? He was only trying to prove that he wasn't brainwashed or influenced by NA as you accused him. He does do many other things as a functioning human, this thread is only one thing.
It's more than that LadyShea. He is trying to drive his point home that I have a mental problem. It's very underhanded and dirty. If he believes that I'm mentally ill, he is spending way too much time here. What is he trying to prove anyway? To convince me, himself, or others? I have no clue what his motives are. He obviously wants to prove that I'm a mental case by pointing out that when I say I'm leaving, I still come back. It's really fucked up.

Why do you care what his motivation is?
I care because it is leading this entire thread in the wrong direction.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-30-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
I care because it is leading this entire thread in the wrong direction, and highlighting the wrong things.
Ignore it and post what you want to in the direction you want to take it.

You have complained and complained for the whole year about others taking the thread away or whatever, yet you participate in those tangents.

Post what you want, ignore what you want, respond, refute, or whatever however you want. You are free to "lead" the thread...however you are not guaranteed anyone will follow where you lead.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
He obviously wants to prove that I'm a mental case by pointing out that when I say I'm leaving, I still come back. It's really fucked up.
If only your obsession was your only problem. What's fucked is your memory, reasoning and cognition. You can't see it because your memory, reasoning and cognition don't work.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
LadyShea, I told you that if these trivialities (which they are) bother you so much, and if you believe that they are major red flags, then please find other scientifically based books that meet your standards.
I read plenty of books that meet my standards. I have been re-reading Carl Sagan recently. He really had a knack for making difficult concepts accessible to the intelligent layperson.
That's very cool. So go find other books of that caliber and you won't have to deal with underlings like Lessans that don't meet your expectations.
It's not an either/or thing
It should be.
Why on Earth "should" it be? Once again, you consistently display odd thinking regarding modal verbs.
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LadyShea, I told you that if these trivialities (which they are) bother you so much, and if you believe that they are major red flags, then please find other scientifically based books that meet your standards.
I read plenty of books that meet my standards. I have been re-reading Carl Sagan recently. He really had a knack for making difficult concepts accessible to the intelligent layperson.
That's very cool. So go find other books of that caliber and you won't have to deal with underlings like Lessans that don't meet your expectations.
It should be.

Yes, and it's fundamentalists who see everything as either/or, black & white, yes or no. Only the extremes are considered worth while, there is no middle ground. Lessans book is like that, you read it and accept it 100%, or you are too stupid to understand it. There is no 'read it and disagree', that is simply not possible.
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
I care because it is leading this entire thread in the wrong direction, and highlighting the wrong things.

You have complained and complained for the whole year about others taking the thread away or whatever, yet you participate in those tangents.

Post what you want, ignore what you want, respond, refute, or whatever however you want. You are free to "lead" the thread...however you are not guaranteed anyone will follow where you lead.
That's rather mean spirited. Why don't you ask a blind man to look at the flowers?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:

And that is what she is afraid of, that no-one will follow and pay attention to her, she craves being the center of attention. But here she is the center of the wrong kind of attention, it's not healthy, and possibly self distructive. So she consistantly inserts herself into the middle of whatever topic is current and whines and complains just to get attention.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That's rather mean spirited. Why don't you ask a blind man to look at the flowers?
Considering Peacegirls actions and posts, do you really expect anyone to show any compassion towards her. She has brought this all on herself.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Considering Peacegirls actions and posts, do you really expect anyone to show any compassion towards her. She has brought this all on herself.
If I thought peacegirl could control herself I would agree
Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That's the problem. If everyone would let me start from the beginning and go through the book step by step (which I tried to do and couldn't because no one would let me, and I'm not talking about the chapter on the eyes), even if they aren't sure that he has anything of value, at least they would understand the premises on which his discovery is based, along with the two-sided equation. But each time I try to explain or post anything at all, everyone begins challenging me and then they go off onto these tangents that break the flow of thought. It's just too frustrating for me. I know you believe his reasoning is circular, but I don't believe it is, and if you could hear him long enough to understand why, you might change your view. Even if you didn't, it would allow you to hear him out, but you haven't done that. I know you believe his entire claim regarding the eyes is wrong, but that shouldn't stop you from trying to understand his other discovery.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-30-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It should be.
Why on Earth "should" it be? Once again, you consistently display odd thinking regarding modal verbs.
I was being sarcastic.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the problem. If everyone would let me start from the beginning and go through the book step by step (which I tried to do and couldn't because no one would let me, and I'm not talking about the chapter on the eyes), even if they aren't sure that he has anything of value, at least they would understand the premises on which his discovery is based, along with the two-sided equation. But each time I try to explain or post anything at all, everyone begins challenging me and then they go off onto these tangents that break the flow of thought. It's just too frustrating for me. I know you believe his reasoning is circular, but I don't believe it is, and if you could hear him long enough to understand why, you might change your view. Even if you didn't, it would allow you to hear him out, but you haven't done that. I know you believe his entire claim regarding the eyes is wrong, but that shouldn't stop you from trying to understand his other discovery.
peacegirl, this is never gonna work for you. You are not interested in explaining anything. All you are after is complete acceptance and obedience. You will never get this. You won't even get a little tiny bit of it. I would explain why but you will never understand.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:

What do you mean "no one will let you", that is just about the weakest excuse ever. What you mean is that you want everyone to totally agree before you will condescend to grace them with further sacred knowledge. You are so weak willed that you just blow in the wind wherever the thread takes you, you don't have the strength of character to press on in the direcion you want to go. On this forum you are completely free to post what you want, and present whatever ideas you want, in the order you want. Just don't expect everyone else to roll over and accept it without question or comment. You are not the purveyor of elete sacred knowledge disseminated to us lesser mortals from the most wonderful Lessans. Get over yourself, and Lessans, and post if you want, or not.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-31-2012), Spacemonkey (05-31-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We tried starting from the beginning and you refused even discuss the very first foundational premise (read the first 20 pages of the other thread). Then when you wanted to move on you refused to provide support for the presuppositions Spacemonkey mentioned and refused to explain how Lessans came to his conclusions about conscience.

You don't need anybody to "let you" do anything, you need to do whatever you want. Post whatever you want. However, you cannot expect others to respond as per your desires.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-31-2012), Spacemonkey (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It should be.
I was being sarcastic.

I think you're grasping at straws.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:05 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
You've forgotten why I'm here yet again, haven't you?

What have I repeatedly told you the payoff is for me? What was my answer for why I am here the last thousand or so times you've asked me? Can you remember?
It doesn't make sense Spacemonkey. I'm sorry, it doesn't.
What doesn't make any sense? What have I repeatedly told you the payoff is for me? What was my answer for why I am here the last thousand or so times you've asked me? You don't remember, do you?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
Are you at least going to drop this ridiculous garbage about me being influenced by and copying NA, now that I've provided a quote predating my arrival here at FF proving your claim about me wrong?
Show me the posts and I will do just that.
I already did, as you have since acknowledged. Try reading my posts next time.

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 05-30-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
You got me. I forgot that he made similar remarks from an earlier thread that he followed me to. Realizing that this was his original stance, I probably shouldn't have given him as much time as I have already. Now it all makes sense.
No, Peacegirl. It was not my original stance. It was the conclusion I reached after observing your behavior and interacting with you for nearly a year at IIDB. Other posters here at FF have since independently reached the same conclusion that you are mentally ill. Everywhere you go, this is the only thing you are ever able to convince people of.

Your attempts to pass this off as a matter of brainwashing or groupthink do not hold water. Other posters here did not convince me that you are mentally ill, because that was already my position. And I didn't convince others here of this, because they reached this conclusion before I started expressing it here. The only remaining explanation is that it is only YOU and YOUR behavior that independently convinces different people of your mental illness and dysfunction.
LadyShea (05-30-2012), specious_reasons (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I can't control who is here, but I did put NA on ignore a long time ago. Spacemonkey had pertinent questions throughout this thread...
Pertinent questions you have never answered.
LadyShea (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
It's more than that LadyShea. He is trying to drive his point home that I have a mental problem. It's very underhanded and dirty. If he believes that I'm mentally ill, he is spending way too much time here. Who is he trying to convince that I have a problem: me, himself, or others? I have no clue what his motives are. He obviously wants to prove that I'm a mental case by pointing out that when I say I'm leaving, I still come back. It's really fucked up.
It sure is fucked up. Why do you keep doing things like that? Saying you're leaving, then coming right back? Saying you're answering my questions, then refusing point blank to answer them? Saying you're going to ignore all of my posts from now, then replying to me in the very next post? Saying you won't discuss a certain topic anymore, then contining to discuss it? Saying you'd be insane to keep posting here, then continuing to post here anyway?

Does your behavior make any sense, even to you?
LadyShea (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Reality Adventurer

Spacemonkey, it's not gonna work. As soon as she resets it's back to square one.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We tried starting from the beginning and you refused even discuss the very first foundational premise (read the first 20 pages of the other thread). Then when you wanted to move on you refused to provide support for the presuppositions Spacemonkey mentioned and refused to explain how Lessans came to his conclusions about conscience.
I told you that I can't do it that way. That's like describing a car to someone who's never seen one and asked to defend what I see. He made observations that are accurate, but you, along with everyone else here, are not even giving him the chance to describe what his observations are and his reasoning that follows therefrom. Obviously, if no one wants to give him the benefit of the doubt by tentatively accepting that his premises are true (even if they're not sure at this point), then how can we ever get to the two-sided equation, which is the very core of this discovery? :sadcheer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
You don't need anybody to "let you" do anything, you need to do whatever you want. Post whatever you want. However, you cannot expect others to respond as per your desires.
LadyShea, I'm really tired and I'm not going to push myself on anyone if there is really no interest. It seems like you're all humoring me, which isn't the most welcoming feeling.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 PM

OMG peacegirl, you've been here over a year and you still need to "feel welcomed" and are unable to gauge interest?

We've told you what our interests are regarding Lessans ideas and what questions we have regarding those topics and you are well aware of a number of criticisms of every chapter. You can engage on our terms, or you can disengage, or you can just copy and paste, or you can get the fuck out or keep weaseling and whining or whatever.

Nobody here at :ff: is going to compel or constrain you, do what you want, however know that others don't have to respond how you want them to
Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
LadyShea, I'm really tired and I'm not going to push myself on anyone if there is really no interest.
Yeah, you will. That's exactly what you're going to do.
LadyShea (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 PM

Yes, the reset is upon us.

"Demonstrate your interest"
"You are all close minded"
"I am not weaseling!"
"You will rue the day!"
"You are all mean on high horses"

Start over.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
I told you that I can't do it that way. That's like describing a car to someone who's never seen one and asked to defend what I see. He made observations that are accurate, but you, along with everyone else here, are not even giving him the chance to describe what his observations are and his reasoning that follows therefrom. Obviously, if no one wants to give him the benefit of the doubt by tentatively accepting that his premises are true (even if they're not sure at this point), then how can we ever get to the two-sided equation, which is the very core of this discovery? :sadcheer:
I agree, you can't do it that way. Because its all bullshit. If you had the only car I guarantee you would have no trouble getting interest and buyers. Just get in the car and drive it. The rest is history. If you actually had efferent vision you could do something just like that. But since you don't, since nobody does then you can't show people anything but Lessans horrid text. I'm sorry, but there are plenty of horrid texts out there. Lessans was not exceptional even in that. Nobody cares about his observations because nobody can reproduce them. Current testing shows something completely different. Lessans was abysmally wrong, and that was because he was abysmally ignorant. No amount of insistence on your part peacegirl is gonna change that.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy