Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 10-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Vaginally-privileged sociopathic cultist

Default Re: Nationality Stereotypes

No, I'm rolling my eyes at your tunnel vision.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 AM
Quality Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale
Quote:
You represent perfectly the stereotype of the arrogant yank...ignorant about anything beyond his own borders...
Stereotype is right - brings to mind the lebanese girl I knew in college who thought that all americans ride horses. Or the legions of dimwitted euroweenies who confuse amercan culture with it's pop culture.
Or the asshole American who thinks the French are all cowards.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight
Quote:
Quote:
You represent perfectly the stereotype of the arrogant yank...ignorant about anything beyond his own borders...
Stereotype is right - brings to mind the lebanese girl I knew in college who thought that all americans ride horses. Or the legions of dimwitted euroweenies who confuse amercan culture with it's pop culture.
Or the asshole American who thinks the French are all cowards.
Not so much cowards as losers.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:02 AM

Quote:
You know how to tell an American overseas, don't you?
ROFLAO!
(Translation for smilie users:Rolling on floor laughting my a*** off!)

Oh spotted this gem from alphadick
Quote:
The U.S. also took out japan almost single handedly
ha ha ha ..... someone suggested you brush up on your history; maybe you ought to listen to that good advice!!!!

Last edited by Desert Dweller; 10-18-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
Your "what really happened" is somewhat oversimplified, and even misses the not unimportant point of what they were fighting for.
What the U.S. was fighting for, about four times during the twentieth century, is to defend the european democracies from the eurotyrant du jour, only to once again listen to your snotty anti-american remarks as soon as the gunsmoke cleared and later read your revisionist history about the last war explaining how the U.S. didn't do anything.

Don't worry - there is a definite mood in the U.S. to get out of NATO, and consequently your wars - for one thing it's obsolete, and for another we're tired of being there when we're needed, and you sit around on your asses drinking your demitasses and blather pseudo-intellectual anti-U.S. crap when we need help. I think the U.S. should offer the UK a mutual defense pact, but that's it. Fight your own wars.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Your "what really happened" is somewhat oversimplified, and even misses the not unimportant point of what they were fighting for.
What the U.S. was fighting for, about four times during the twentieth century, is to defend the european democracies from the eurotyrant du jour, only to once again listen to your snotty anti-american remarks as soon as the gunsmoke cleared and later read your revisionist history about the last war explaining how the U.S. didn't do anything.

Don't worry - there is a definite mood in the U.S. to get out of NATO, and consequently your wars - for one thing it's obsolete, and for another we're tired of being there when we're needed, and you sit around on your asses drinking your demitasses and blather pseudo-intellectual anti-U.S. crap when we need help. I think the U.S. should offer the UK a mutual defense pact, but that's it. Fight your own wars.
Well, Alphamale, you quoted me there so I assume this post is somehow aimed in my general direction. First, lets stay calm.

Has anyone actually suggested that the U.S. did nothing in the last war? (is that WW2 you're referring to? I'm assuming it is.)
I must admit, I haven't seen anyone suggest anything of the sort. Certainly I didn't remotely hint at anything of the kind, and in fact several times remarked on just how important the U.S. involvement was. Of course I did point out to you that the U.S. were not alone, and I made some points about the key role other nations played in defeating Hitler. There is nothing remotely revisionist about the things I have posted.

Why do you think the U.S. and UK should have a mutual defence pact which excludes the rest of Europe? That would be a very aggressive move which could only be perceived as an attempt to break up the European Union (which has been responsible for the peace we have enjoyed in Western Europe for the past half-century).
Why do you, personally, feel so much aggression towards Europe? Why do you want to split us up?
If such a move is ever attempted, as a UK citizen I will vote against it, and oppose it in any other (peaceful) way that I can.

I rather think that you have been labouring under the impression that I am French. Actually, I'm Scottish - but my partner and son are both French and we live in France.
My parents weren't even born during WW2! All of my grandparents were actively involved, though. Both of my grandfathers were in the British Army, both served in the 8th Army, "liberating" - as you put it- North Africa (I'm not sure that the inhabitants saw it exactly like that).
They also participated in the early phase of the Italian campaign before being withdrawn to Britain early in 1944 during the build up to the invasion.
Both landed in Normandy in June 1944, near Caen. Both saw how that town had been reduced to rubble by Allied aviation. Both participated in the liberation of France and the Low Countries before taking part in the invasion of Germany itself.
THEY did that, I didn't. They never expected the inhabitants of these countries (and subsequent generations) to bow down to them (or Britain, or Scotland) forever, and be in any way obseqious or obedient.
I certainly have no right (or desire) to expect any gratitude or consideration of any kind from the French (or any other people) for what they(my grandparents) participated in.
I'm going to go out on a limb now, Alphamale, and I'm going to expect that you will share this point of view with me, and see that it is just sense.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:13 AM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
Has anyone actually suggested that the U.S. did nothing in the last war? (is that WW2 you're referring to? I'm assuming it is.)
I must admit, I haven't seen anyone suggest anything of the sort. Certainly I didn't remotely hint at anything of the kind, and in fact several times remarked on just how important the U.S. involvement was.
Europeans have bended over backwards in attempts to belittle the key role the U.S. played in liberating western europe - that even any single person would do this, with tens of thousands of americans who died in the liberation buried on their soil, is beyond appalling. You even do it in a subtle way with the use of the word "involvement" - the U.S. was for certain and by far the main force.

Especially when there is so much shame for some european countries - the worst being the country from most of the anti-americanism comes from - France. The country that engaged in wide-spread collaboration with the nazis, including the deportation of thousands of jews to the death camps, and which fired on americans landing in algeria in 1942. Swedes selling iron ore to the germans. Swiss were particularly nasty to american pilots who landed there during the war, but they completely changed their attitude when it looked like the nazis would lose. They also refused desperate jewish refugees. Franco allowing the nazis to get bombing practice on his fellow citizens. Italians cowardly invasion of ethiopia. Ireland sitting out the war while western civilization was being demolished. Germans should shut their mouths and not criticize anyone for the next thousand years.

Quote:
Why do you think the U.S. and UK should have a mutual defence pact which excludes the rest of Europe? That would be a very aggressive move which could only be perceived as an attempt to break up the European Union (which has been responsible for the peace we have enjoyed in Western Europe for the past half-century).
The UK has generally been a dependable ally over the long hall. Others have suggested some kinds of alliances among the "anglosphere" - UK, US,
Canada, and australia. The rest of europeans haven't been worth a damn. I think it should be offered to the UK - presumably there is some advantage to have a super-power as an ally, but if the UK doesn't want it - fine by me. And I don't think the EU is responsible for european peace. The main factor there is that the germans learned something from being utterly crushed in WWII.

Quote:
Why do you, personally, feel so much aggression towards Europe?
Because of what they've said and what they've done - and not done. Is that a good enough reason?

Quote:
Why do you want to split us up?
If such a move is ever attempted, as a UK citizen I will vote against it, and oppose it in any other (peaceful) way that I can.
I don't care about splitting you up. I think the EU project is a bad idea for europeans - have their life controlled by unelected bureaucrats in Brussles, and probably never unite to ward off a real threat - which will either come from some islamofascist middle-east superstate, the transnational IFs, or possibly Russia taken over by a fascist dictator.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 AM

So FOREVER ALL of Europe is expected to rubber stamp every US policy, suck up and remain on their knees in a worshipping position at the feet of whoever is US president. No one whines more than Americans. Crybabied thru Vietnam, got their butts kicked by 5ft tall rebels, then cried they weren't worshipped when they got home. The US cries that not every Euro country worships the flag and US policy. Cries that every nation on Earth doesn't share US capitalism. Cries that not every human supports George Bush, his war and policies. Cries that not enough aid was offered during Katrina's aftermath. It's endless! And very tiring, and embarrassing. Maybe it's time America grew up, started pointing fingers inward and stop expecting to be worshipped by all the world's inhabitants. You can't force admiration. That is earned. WW2 is a long time ago. Just a few more decades and the US will slip out of the number one slot, then perhaps reality will invade the US!

Last edited by Trojan; 10-19-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:46 AM

I don't understand the basis of your anger Alphamale... also some statements appear general eg
Quote:
Europeans have bended over backwards in attempts to belittle the key role the U.S. played in liberating western europe -
and it would be helpful (to this reader) to have some examples/evidence.

I don't know any sensible (Western) person who does not recognise the important superpower role played by the US. Yes, when tough issues like North Korea arise we 'expect' the US to play the major role in maintaining global balance. However, this does not remove the US Government from any and all criticism. It's current position in Iraq (and Australia has been there alongside from the outset and remains there) is IMO a situation which betrays lack of planning, lack of appreciation of ethnic/religious diversity and lack of learning lessons from Viet Nam (viz that blanket bombing will achieve a desired end...clearly that strategy is a failure). This is not to say that I don't support or appreciate the role of the US...or would wish any ill to the US over its action in Iraq.

I'd like to see some detail about your anti Europeanism. And btw, in lieu of comments you made earlier, you may wish to know that in Australasia (Aus & NZ) the most sacred annual day is Anzac Day, a day which starts with a dawn service, is followed by a march by returned soldiers and their descendents wearing the medals; followed by games of two up and much imbibing of beer and mateship. It is a wonderful day and attests to the enormous loss suffered here in both WWs...many small towns never recovered from the high percentage of young men lost...it left huge scars in these societies and if anyone checks they will find an alarming loss when viewed as a percentage of population.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:16 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
I don't understand the basis of your anger Alphamale... also some statements appear general eg
Quote:
Europeans have bended over backwards in attempts to belittle the key role the U.S. played in liberating western europe -
and it would be helpful (to this reader) to have some examples/evidence.

I don't know any sensible (Western) person who does not recognise the important superpower role played by the US. Yes, when tough issues like North Korea arise we 'expect' the US to play the major role in maintaining global balance. However, this does not remove the US Government from any and all criticism. It's current position in Iraq (and Australia has been there alongside from the outset and remains there) is IMO a situation which betrays lack of planning, lack of appreciation of ethnic/religious diversity and lack of learning lessons from Viet Nam (viz that blanket bombing will achieve a desired end...clearly that strategy is a failure). This is not to say that I don't support or appreciate the role of the US...or would wish any ill to the US over its action in Iraq.

I'd like to see some detail about your anti Europeanism. And btw, in lieu of comments you made earlier, you may wish to know that in Australasia (Aus & NZ) the most sacred annual day is Anzac Day, a day which starts with a dawn service, is followed by a march by returned soldiers and their descendents wearing the medals; followed by games of two up and much imbibing of beer and mateship. It is a wonderful day and attests to the enormous loss suffered here in both WWs...many small towns never recovered from the high percentage of young men lost...it left huge scars in these societies and if anyone checks they will find an alarming loss when viewed as a percentage of population.
The United States was probably more important in the war effort during WWII for its ability to produce massive amounts of equipment, armaments and munitions in relatively short periods of time, rather than it's actual commitment of soldiers to the front. If you compare the relative impact of the war, based upon the proportion of the various nations' young men killed or wounded in the war, we all should be kissing the collective butts of the Russians. American tens of thousands buried on European soil are a paltry comparison to the millions of Russians, soldiers and civilians who suffered at the hands of the Nazis, most within their own national boundaries. And the United States was safe and relatively secure in the western hemisphere, where it never suffered any invasion or bombardment (with one very minor exception that I can elucidate further, as it happened in this state).

I believe that alphamale stated that the US had pulled European fat outta the fire four times in the past one hundred years. I'd like him to clarify which four times.

You need to accept the fact that if it weren't for France, the United States probably would not exist. Why aren't you kissing French butts for that?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:23 AM

Quote:
If you compare the relative impact of the war, based upon the proportion of the various nations' young men killed or wounded in the war, we all should be kissing the collective butts of the Russians
Indeed! I only mentioned the ratio of loss because of a comment above by Alpha which suggested that he didn't appreciate the role of the Antipodes in both theatres.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:14 AM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
Quote:
If you compare the relative impact of the war, based upon the proportion of the various nations' young men killed or wounded in the war, we all should be kissing the collective butts of the Russians
Indeed! I only mentioned the ratio of loss because of a comment above by Alpha which suggested that he didn't appreciate the role of the Antipodes in both theatres.
The losses of the russians were in part measure due to their human wave assaults, a tactic that always has currency in communist dictatorships where there is nothing of lower value than an individual human's life. Another cause was that instead of joining the allies early on when hitler was commiting clear imperialist acts in the follow up to the war, the soviets agreed to split poland, and got agreements on finland and the baltic states from the nazis. When the germans attacked, it was a big surprise to the stupid russians - didn't they know there is no honor among thieves? The nearness of the germans in dismembered poland made it easier for the germans. Stalin also purged the general staff and thousands of capable officers on the eve of the invasion by the germans. The russians had stupid tactics in the beginning like positioning one tank every kilometer on the westren front. The russians also suffered from the rising of the Ukrainians whom the russians oppressed horribly, including deliberately during the Great Ukrainian Famine.

There is a lot more than battlefield valor that caused the russians' huge losses - are we supposed to worship the russians for being stupid, oppressive, and imperialistic?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:21 AM

Quote:
are we supposed to worship the russians for being stupid, oppressive, and imperialistic?
I don't think so ... I took godfrey to be commenting on statistics and sacrifice...that's all. I don't know that he understood the context of my quoting high losses - which was a point between you and I, alphamale. I agree with you about the stupidity of the Russian tactics and particularly the huge nastiness of the war crimes of Stalin.

Getting back to stereotypes:
Are Americans (who we know all ride horses) polite and well mannered?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
Quote:
are we supposed to worship the russians for being stupid, oppressive, and imperialistic?
I don't think so ... I took godfrey to be commenting on statistics and sacrifice...that's all. I don't know that he understood the context of my quoting high losses - which was a point between you and I, alphamale. I agree with you about the stupidity of the Russian tactics and particularly the huge nastiness of the war crimes of Stalin.

Are Americans (who we know all ride horses) polite and well mannered?
I think so, but well-mannered has a different definition in different countries. Many non-Americans are shocked at the speed with which americans go to first names. In doing so, they are trying to be friendly, not insulting. Many europeans, by contrast, impress americans as stiff, overly formal, uptight and cold. Both sides are merely misinterpreting the other's customs. My opinion is when in rome do as the romans do. For example, I followed the (to me) odd swedish custom of introduction when I lived there. When someone brings you to, say, a party, he won't introduce you to anyone. You are supposed to stand in front of each person and just say your name "George Schmotz" while looking directly in the person's eyes.
I spent several days in paris several years ago, and while there were exceptions, I'd say french people were the worst I encountered in europe.
Well, wait a minute. I remember riding in a train from Hamburg to somewhere else in Germany. I had my american flag sweater on. There was this young girl sitting across from me, face to face, giving me an ugly look. I tried to ignore her for awhile, but then I got in a staring contest with her for a full five minutes. Finally she looked away. I wished at the time I knew how to say "You blinked, nazi biitch."
Old 10-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Take back the weird

Quote:
I spent several days in paris several years ago, and while there were exceptions, I'd say french people were the worst I encountered in europe.
Did you interact with any non-Parisian French? There does seem to be an inordinate amount of assholes in Paris, but people in the country I encountered were almost invariably sweethearts.
Quote:
Well, wait a minute. I remember riding in a train from Hamburg to somewhere else in Germany. I had my american flag sweater on. There was this young girl sitting across from me, face to face, giving me an ugly look. I tried to ignore her for awhile, but then I got in a staring contest with her for a full five minutes. Finally she looked away. I wished at the time I knew how to say "You blinked, nazi biitch."
Maybe she was a patriotic American who was pissed off about your desecration of the flag.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:45 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:
Many europeans, by contrast, impress americans as stiff, overly formal, uptight and cold.
I haven't found this to be the case, at all. Most of the Europeans with which I've dealt have been, by and large, as open, informal and warm as most Americans. By the same measure, many Americans have been openly hostile to me as someone obviously not from their immediate world.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
Did you interact with any non-Parisian French? There does seem to be an inordinate amount of assholes in Paris, but people in the country I encountered were almost invariably sweethearts.
That's a good point - The only other cities were Nice and Cannes. Another strange thing I found out - usually on my travels I've tried to have a little interaction with the local girls - and have. In Paris, it seemed like the women were all icy cold witches - I think they somehow knew I was american, and wouldn't give me the time of day. I don't think I'm the ugliest guy who ever lived, and I still can't understand that. I would advise american guys - don't expect to get laid in france - unless of course you pay for it, and that's not advisable nowadays.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:51 AM
Person

Quote:
I think they somehow knew I was american, and wouldn't give me the time of day.
More likely they simply thought you were a creepy nutcase, and who would blame them?
Quote:
I don't think I'm the ugliest guy who ever lived, and I still can't understand that. I would advise .....
You're a total racist moron. Any idiot who insists on lumping all "Europeans" together --- including all Greeks, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, Germans, Albanians, Croatians, French, British etc etc etc --- and then describing them as cold and unfriendly simply doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Your lack of success is hardly surprising. :D

And FYI, chicken boy, the USA entered both WW1 and WW2 out of self-interest, left off entering WW2 till the Battle Of Britain got rid of a large part of the German Airforce, and wouldn't even enter WW2 till absolutely forced to by Japan and Germany. Your posturing on this is total crap, especially seeing as to how you have apparently done no armed forces service yourself and you're nothing but a loudmouth. Who gives a shit what your thoughts are on the EU? You really don't matter in the slightest, do you?

So, anyway, we learn you hate "Europeans" because you can't get laid.
*yawn*
Who would have guessed? :D
Old 10-20-2005, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurdur
Quote:
I think they somehow knew I was american, and wouldn't give me the time of day.
More likely they simply thought you were a creepy nutcase, and who would blame them?
Quote:
I don't think I'm the ugliest guy who ever lived, and I still can't understand that. I would advise .....
You're a total racist moron. Any idiot who insists on lumping all "Europeans" together --- including all Greeks, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, Germans, Albanians, Croatians, French, British etc etc etc --- and then describing them as cold and unfriendly simply doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Your lack of success is hardly surprising. :D

And FYI, chicken boy, the USA entered both WW1 and WW2 out of self-interest, left off entering WW2 till the Battle Of Britain got rid of a large part of the German Airforce, and wouldn't even enter WW2 till absolutely forced to by Japan and Germany. Your posturing on this is total crap, especially seeing as to how you have apparently done no armed forces service yourself and you're nothing but a loudmouth. Who gives a shit what your thoughts are on the EU? You really don't matter in the slightest, do you?

So, anyway, we learn you hate "Europeans" because you can't get laid.
*yawn*
Who would have guessed? :D
Alpha is the average American: Arrogant, ignorant and proud of it.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:03 AM
Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan
Alpha is the average American: Arrogant, ignorant and proud of it.
Naaaaw, such a total moron would have to be in the bottom 5% of the USA. Imagine his coming on here and telling everyone what the EU should be doing; the boy is a couple of beers short of a sixpack. JUst another adolescent retard, but one more dumb than usual.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 AM
Vaginally-privileged sociopathic cultist

Gurdur: Heirate mich. Jetzt.

:D
Old 10-20-2005, 04:25 AM

Gutenmorgen :wink:
Old 10-20-2005, 04:28 AM
Banned for Spam

Quote:
You're a total racist moron.
???

Quote:
Any idiot who insists on lumping all "Europeans" together --- including all Greeks, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, Germans, Albanians, Croatians, French, British etc etc etc --- and then describing them as cold and unfriendly simply doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Your lack of success is hardly surprising.
I've heard other americans say the same thing. The non-french southern euros are a little better! :D

Quote:
And FYI, chicken boy, the USA entered both WW1 and WW2 out of self-interest, left off entering WW2 till the Battle Of Britain got rid of a large part of the German Airforce, and wouldn't even enter WW2 till absolutely forced to by Japan and Germany.
The U.S. entered WWI because it was attacked by Germany, and WWII because it was attacked by Japan and because germany declared war on it.
We left off entering either war until we were attacked - isn't that what all you appeasers say we should do - wait till there is an "imminent threat"?? :D
The self-interest ( another stock phrase from the canon of idiot eurorevisionist history) was survival.

Quote:
Your posturing on this is total crap, especially seeing as to how you have apparently done no armed forces service yourself and you're nothing but a loudmouth.
Oh! Being in a war makes you an historian? Duhh..... :D

Quote:
Who gives a shit what your thoughts are on the EU? You really don't matter in the slightest, do you?
Then why are you responding to my posts?? :D
Old 10-20-2005, 04:32 AM

Alph, What state did the Germans attack in WW1? :chin:
Old 10-20-2005, 04:38 AM
Person

Quote:
???
No brains at all, have you, chicken boy?
Quote:
Then why are you responding to my posts??
Basically, for sheer fun. It's rare one sees such a total retard try and fail to build a whole geopolitical racist view around the small fact that he can't get laid because he's a nutcase.
:yup:

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle