Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2024, 06:59 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: 2024 Presidential Election Shittastic Shittacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
I don't think Cornel should have thrown his hat in the ring for President. I think his decision to do so was a combination of moral exhaustion, political ignorance, and a flash of narcissism sparked by the flattery of being asked to run, and ever since he made that poor decision he has been trying to find a way out that saves face and doesn't betray his conscience. That's just my belief based on everything I've heard and read from him in the past few years. Obviously I could be completely wrong.
Well, the latest news on the Cornel West campaign is that he's getting on the ballot in a swing state and in order to do so, receiving legal representation from GOP lawyers:

I wouldn't be surprised if Strach was also doing this pro bono or for a reduced fee, either.

Brother West doesn't seem like he's trying to get out or trying to minimize damage.

Thankfully he's pretty incompetent and has gotten very little in fundraising, so he's not on the ballot in many states and NC is the highest profile swing state he's gotten on (it's perhaps not as important as PA/MI/GA but it's underrated, and it's bigger than AZ/WI/NV - models I've seen have it as 10% chance to be the tipping point, which is non-trivial).
Thanks, from:
Crumb (08-14-2024), Stephen Maturin (08-14-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law