Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Study Hall

Old 02-18-2024, 08:12 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Studying and Education with AI

Similar to when someone described a GANs as a mathematical function aproximator I've had the concept that Transformers are just a type of lossy compression bouncing around in my head so much I had dreams about my dreams being compressed by a GANs that would make them rememberable only as a prompt.

While I know a lot of it is click bait, I've seen enough "Can you guess if this is real" posts related to the new Sora videos that I have to wonder just how much people pay attention to the videos they watch and if the eventual result of all this is to have artists focus in on things that require detail and let the AI fudge the rest, because yes I can absolutely tell which ones are AI for the specific reason that at no point in reality has a cat taken a step by having its backlegs morph into its front.

Of course the reply is 'wait till it gets better' and while true, it doesn't need to be 'better' it needs to be perfect to be used as a main character, as at no point as any animal ever walked in that manner, and while it could get away with it as a background character, it's about as realism breaking as having a character clip through a 3d modeled floor. All that being said I think a lot of background, quick, 'good enough to move to the next scene' effects are going to get way more realistic.

(Also yes I'm apparently just going to bounce back and forth between the multiple Neural Network threads).
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-20-2024), Crumb (02-19-2024), JoeP (02-19-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Study Hall