Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 09-29-2021, 02:20 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: Ensign Steve waxes philosophical on the Singularity, a thrad by Ensign Steve

Thatís extra wow for me since Iíve been role playing in a dystopian cyberpunk genre game as a rogue AI nanny with a warped version of the three laws full of manufacturer rootkits. Itís been a wild mental exercise and that video is my jam, man.

:BC: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-29-2021), beyelzu (09-29-2021), Ensign Steve (09-29-2021), JoeP (09-29-2021), lisarea (09-29-2021), Sock Puppet (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 08:56 AM
Chaos Defrost

Default Re: Ensign Steve waxes philosophical on the Singularity, a thrad by Ensign Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Quote:
Comments are turned off.
:curses:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur:       :m&ms::m&ms::twix::twix: (rotated 180°):m&ms::m&ms:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-29-2021), lisarea (09-29-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 12:19 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - AI

Thanks, from:
Ari (10-10-2021), BrotherMan (10-10-2021), ceptimus (10-13-2021), Crumb (10-11-2021), Ensign Steve (10-10-2021), Pan Narrans (10-11-2021), Sock Puppet (10-11-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 12:50 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Be wary when teaching AIs that they actually have your goal in mind, and not just something that looks so similar to your goal it’s not noticeable during training. For example, did you train and AI to solve a maze and find the exit, or did you train it to head towards the green thing because your exit sign is green?

There’s an interesting bit where we get to see the heatmap of what an AI is ‘thinking’ as it tries to solve a platformer game. Showing things it thinks are good and which are bad, the goal being to collect a coin. During training the coin was always at the end, and shinned brightly in the heatmap as a positive thing, so all good! But during deployment, they randomized where the coin was, and the AI would skip over it to reach the end of the level. The researchers don’t know exactly where the issue is occurring but it would appear the AI learned to first go right until it can’t go right anymore and *then* look for a coin, instead of always be on the lookout for a coin, oh and also go right if one can’t be seen.

Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-17-2021), Ensign Steve (10-18-2021), JoeP (10-16-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-16-2021), lisarea (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 07:58 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Singularity, one step closer.

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (10-22-2021), JoeP (10-21-2021), lisarea (10-21-2021)
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
Chaos Defrost

I'm mostly posting this news because of a mildly amusing line on Have I Got News For You.

An AI robot artist named Ai-Da went to, um, was sent to Giza in Egypt to host a show of her work.

But Egyptian border guards arrested, um, detained her on the basis of having cameras and a modem.

Egypt detains artist robot Ai-Da before historic pyramid show | Egypt | The Guardian

"It's not known what they are charging her with. A USB cable probably."

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur:       :m&ms::m&ms::twix::twix: (rotated 180°):m&ms::m&ms:
Thanks, from:
Ari (Yesterday), Ensign Steve (Yesterday), Kamilah Hauptmann (Today), lisarea (Yesterday), Sock Puppet (Yesterday)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy