Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

LadyShea posted the link because I asked about the child safety book, you really need to stop thinking that everyone is out to get you. There are other things to talk about. LadyShea did somethink nice for me and I don't understand why you had to be so mean about it.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Why the snooping around LadyShea. You are like a rat with a big snout. I don't get it. This website has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so why link it to this forum. You are doing a disservice.
Who is snooping? You've mentioned the book in this thread several times and even sent a copy to my local library, after announcing your intention to do so in this thread.

thedoc asked about the book so I gave him the link. I would have given him the Amazon link but it's not available there.
Thanks, from:
thedoc (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
No Spacemonkey, you cannot analyze it this way. If we can see an object, the light is already at the eye because we wouldn't be able to see the object otherwise. That light becomes the mirror image on the retina. These non-absorbed photons do not travel beyond the point at which the object can be seen.
That the light is already at the eye is not the issue. Your problem is that you have no explanation for where that light came from or how it got there. The afferent account can explain where light at the retina came from and how it got there. Your efferent account cannot, and that is why it fails.

Did the photons which are at the retina (at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited) come from the Sun? [Yes or No]

Were they ever located at the Sun? [Yes or No]

If so, when were they located at the Sun? [State a time relative to the moment of ignition of the Sun]

If not, where did they come from? [State a physical object or location]
Bump.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
I am not discussing the book anymore.

You haven't been "Discussing" the book at all, you only post sections of it and tell people to read it till they understand (agree with) it. The discussion has been only from the other side, that have been pointing out the errors in the book, which you then refuse to acknowledge or address.
The problem with this forum is that free speech means anything goes. It is not conducive for me to discuss such an important piece of knowledge in this kind of atmosphere. I really don't know how I lasted this long. Must have been God's grace. :D
Only if god's grace is your mental illness. Because that is how you have lasted so long. A sane person would have left long ago, insults or not. You are not capable of accepting that there is nothing you can do here. You can only make it worse.

Get help peacegirl. It's your only hope. Otherwise this will go on until you die, or FF closes. This is no way for you to live your life.
Whether I want to stay here until FF closes or until I die, is none of your business. How I live my life is my business. Obviously, you have nothing going on in your life if you're wasting your time here. I suggest you find a different pasttime or you may die here too. :popcorn:
I'm afraid that's the very sad part of all this. I will eventually give up or die or FF will close. And unless you get help, you will still be parading around the internet, flogging Lessans book with people who think he was a moron and who know you are crazy but post with you anyway, because they find it fun to taunt a crazy person. No one here expects you to do anything other than what you have already done hundreds of times on this very forum and will do again, and again until you die. You are an internet freak show.

Get help peacegirl.
No, I'm really not NA. That's all in your head. You never read the book; all you do is go by what others say in here. You are a fraud of the worst kind. You are basing all of your conclusions on a lie. I feel sorry for you NA. I really truly do, because when this knowledge is confirmed valid, you will have to answer to yourself as to why you said the things you did about me. Your attitude and condemnation will be very hard to justify. But I will forgive you because your will is not free and you could not help yourself.
peacegirl, if I never read a single sentence of Lessans book, there is still the small matter of your bizarre, confused and obsessive behavior going back for almost two years on this forum and a decade more on other forums. One can read this thread and completely ignore Lessans and his book and very easily come away with a clear picture that you are nuts.

Just to be clear, I haven't read the entire book, but I've read enough of the book. One does not need to read an entire book to figure out that it is the work of crazy person. I use the words "crazy person" in deference to you peacegirl. Other words would be more appropriate. Genius is not one of them.
Thanks, from:
koan (02-12-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why the snooping around LadyShea. You are like a rat with a big snout. I don't get it. This website has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so why link it to this forum. You are doing a disservice.
Who is snooping? You've mentioned the book in this thread several times and even sent a copy to my local library, after announcing your intention to do so in this thread.

thedoc asked about the book so I gave him the link. I would have given him the Amazon link but it's not available there.
Sorry about that LadyShea. I missed his post so I thought you were just trying to look for things to make a joke of. This thread has made me feel crazy by all of the lies spewed in here, but I'm not really crazy as NA keeps regurgitating. :glare:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You haven't been "Discussing" the book at all, you only post sections of it and tell people to read it till they understand (agree with) it. The discussion has been only from the other side, that have been pointing out the errors in the book, which you then refuse to acknowledge or address.
The problem with this forum is that free speech means anything goes. It is not conducive for me to discuss such an important piece of knowledge in this kind of atmosphere. I really don't know how I lasted this long. Must have been God's grace. :D
Only if god's grace is your mental illness. Because that is how you have lasted so long. A sane person would have left long ago, insults or not. You are not capable of accepting that there is nothing you can do here. You can only make it worse.

Get help peacegirl. It's your only hope. Otherwise this will go on until you die, or FF closes. This is no way for you to live your life.
Whether I want to stay here until FF closes or until I die, is none of your business. How I live my life is my business. Obviously, you have nothing going on in your life if you're wasting your time here. I suggest you find a different pasttime or you may die here too. :popcorn:
I'm afraid that's the very sad part of all this. I will eventually give up or die or FF will close. And unless you get help, you will still be parading around the internet, flogging Lessans book with people who think he was a moron and who know you are crazy but post with you anyway, because they find it fun to taunt a crazy person. No one here expects you to do anything other than what you have already done hundreds of times on this very forum and will do again, and again until you die. You are an internet freak show.

Get help peacegirl.
No, I'm really not NA. That's all in your head. You never read the book; all you do is go by what others say in here. You are a fraud of the worst kind. You are basing all of your conclusions on a lie. I feel sorry for you NA. I really truly do, because when this knowledge is confirmed valid, you will have to answer to yourself as to why you said the things you did about me. Your attitude and condemnation will be very hard to justify. But I will forgive you because your will is not free and you could not help yourself.
peacegirl, if I never read a single sentence of Lessans book, there is still the small matter of your bizarre, confused and obsessive behavior going back for almost two years on this forum and a decade more on other forums. One can read this thread and completely ignore Lessans and his book and very easily come away with a clear picture that you are nuts.

Just to be clear, I haven't read the entire book, but I've read enough of the book. One does not need to read an entire book to figure out that it is the work of crazy person. I use the words "crazy person" in deference to you peacegirl. Other words would be more appropriate. Genius is not one of them.
You are in a world of your own NA. I have become the scapegoat because you cannot reconcile your worldview with the truth.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM

peacegirl, this thread was inactive for 5 full days and then you came back to bump it up. Why do you do this to yourself?
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, this thread was inactive for 5 full days and then you came back to bump it up. Why do you do this to yourself?
Number one, I wanted to apologize to you. Number two, without NA and koan constantly making it appear that I'm schizophrenic, maybe there's hope. But I'm really not that invested in this thread anymore. That's really sad because I know there are a lot of people here who could have gotten a lot from this book.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Why? You should understand why. If I don't vindicate myself people are going to be left with the idea that this knowledge is wrong. And it's not wrong. I don't expect you to understand it, but I will not let someone like NA or koan to make people think that I'm the one with the problem. I do not have a problem. I will not keep trying to defend myself, but if I see a comment that is purely imaginary, I will respond. How can someone who knows he is being duped for reasons that are not legitimate, not respond? :sadcheer:

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-16-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Peacegirl, there is no hope that any single person here will ever think your book makes sense. If you are looking for converts, then you should look elsewhere. Here people have seen that where this book is concerned, no denial of reality is too great for you, that you prefer blind faith to intellectual integrity, and that you use willful ignorance as a way to avoid facing up to the fact that the book is full of errors. I do not think there is anyone here with a different opinion: if there is, then I am sure they will correct me.

I hope your faith brings you comfort. Please don't give any more money to publishers, sound technicians and other salespeople: you do not have a businesslike bone in your body and they will take you for all they can get.

There may be some sites for people interested in spirituality and alternative belief systems where you would get a better response. It will take some adjusting no doubt: out there there will be people looking to convert you back!

I wish you all the best.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (02-16-2013), LadyShea (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
If I don't vindicate myself people are going to be left with the idea that this knowledge is wrong.
As we've already discussed at length, all the participants in this thread think Lessans was wrong. You can't convince us otherwise at this point. Do you still believe that there are other "people" lurking in this thread and reading it that have not made up their minds that Lessans was wrong?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
How can someone who knows he is being duped for reasons that are not legitimate, not respond?
"duped"??

Anyway, responding to people makes it look like their opinions matter to you, or are important or meaningful or impactful in some way to you. If they weren't, you wouldn't bother to respond.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Peacegirl, I don't know if you remember my experience potty training my grandson, who is now 7, but at a few months before he was 4 I trained him in 3 days. The Grandaughter turned 3 in Nov. and she is practically potty training herself, with just a little encouragment from everyone. This has taken a little longer but now I think she is accident free for at least a month. How are your grandchildren, I don't remember how many you have and the other forum has been shut down, so I can't go back and look.

As far as the safety book, if I know the title I'll see if the local Library has a copy, It is in print, isn't it?

I checked, and the local public library does not have a copy, but I'll check with the school librarys.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Peacegirl, there is no hope that any single person here will ever think your book makes sense. If you are looking for converts, then you should look elsewhere. Here people have seen that where this book is concerned, no denial of reality is too great for you, that you prefer blind faith to intellectual integrity, and that you use willful ignorance as a way to avoid facing up to the fact that the book is full of errors. I do not think there is anyone here with a different opinion: if there is, then I am sure they will correct me.

I hope your faith brings you comfort. Please don't give any more money to publishers, sound technicians and other salespeople: you do not have a businesslike bone in your body and they will take you for all they can get.

There may be some sites for people interested in spirituality and alternative belief systems where you would get a better response. It will take some adjusting no doubt: out there there will be people looking to convert you back!

I wish you all the best.
You should have never set eyes on this book. From day one you refuted these principles (which cannot be denied if understood), even down to the right-of-way system and what comprises an objective right and wrong. You will go your merry way believing you won this debate hands down when you did not do anything of the sort. The only vindication for me will come sometime in the future, not now.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Peacegirl, I don't know if you remember my experience potty training my grandson, who is now 7, but at a few months before he was 4 I trained him in 3 days. The Grandaughter turned 3 in Nov. and she is practically potty training herself, with just a little encouragment from everyone. This has taken a little longer but now I think she is accident free for at least a month. How are your grandchildren, I don't remember how many you have and the other forum has been shut down, so I can't go back and look.

As far as the safety book, if I know the title I'll see if the local Library has a copy, It is in print, isn't it?

I checked, and the local public library does not have a copy, but I'll check with the school librarys.
I have 3 grandchildren presently. You can get the book directly from me. I am not marketing it right now because I'm working on the other book.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
How can someone who knows he is being duped for reasons that are not legitimate, not respond?
"duped"??

Anyway, responding to people makes it look like their opinions matter to you, or are important or meaningful or impactful in some way to you. If they weren't, you wouldn't bother to respond.
Yes, NA (and others like him) thinks he is being duped which is why he responds the way he does. He has absolutely no understanding of this book. In trying to describe me he is describing his inability to objectively see what has been written because he is so invested in making me look like I have an illness. He doesn't even have a clue that people can see through him. There have been people who have tried, but he refuses to listen because that would mean he has to stop his crazy antics, and he's having too much fun.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
If I don't vindicate myself people are going to be left with the idea that this knowledge is wrong.
As we've already discussed at length, all the participants in this thread think Lessans was wrong. You can't convince us otherwise at this point. Do you still believe that there are other "people" lurking in this thread and reading it that have not made up their minds that Lessans was wrong?
No LadyShea. This thread is fried.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get help peacegirl.

You are in a world of your own NA. I have become the scapegoat because you cannot reconcile your worldview with the truth.
peacegirl, is it so tragic to see a person so sick as you and unable to get help. You are your own scapegoat.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Peacegirl, if you want people to think you are sane then the last thing you should be doing is returning to post here.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Reality Adventurer

peacegirl, here is a little tip that might help you pass as sane. If you tell people that your goal is to spread a message and you come across one or more people who do not think much of your message, then you move on. Go somewhere else and try the next person and the next and so on. To spend two years of your life going round and round in circles, over the same material ad nauseam, flip-flopping, resetting, pretending to permanently leave, over and over and over again. Each time coming back and complaining you are a persecuted scapegoat as if somehow all this was out of your control and being forced upon you...

Well that peacegirl, is just outright mentally ill.

This is no longer a matter of opinion. For some time it has been a matter of concern.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
The main reason was to let you know that I was sorry for calling you a rat with a big snout, as I didn't see the thedoc's post. Don't worry, I'm not staying.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, here is a little tip that might help you pass as sane. If you tell people that your goal is to spread a message and you come across one or more people who do not think much of your message, then you move on. Go somewhere else and try the next person and the next and so on. To spend two years of your life going round and round in circles, over the same material ad nauseam, flip-flopping, resetting, pretending to permanently leave, over and over and over again. Each time coming back and complaining you are a persecuted scapegoat as if somehow all this was out of your control and being forced upon you...

This is no longer a matter of opinion. For some time it has been a matter of concern.
I did not go round and round in circles, flip-flopping and resetting. I've never changed my position. Never did I say anything was being forced on me. I stayed because I believed there was some interest. If there were no questions I would have left a long time ago. I am not writing this for you NA. I'm writing this for everyone else. You will never change your opinion of me because you would then have to admit to yourself that you were all wrong. You say the things you do because you can hide behind your anonymity.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:

I did not go round and round in circles, flip-flopping and resetting. I've never changed my position. Never did I say anything was being forced on me. I stayed because I believed there was some interest. If there were no questions I would have left a long time ago. I am not writing this for you NA. I'm writing this for everyone else. You will never change your opinion of me because you would then have to admit to yourself that you were all wrong. You say the things you do because you can hide behind your anonymity.
I offered to take you to a mental health professional some time ago, and as a condition I would have a mental checkup as well. This has nothing to do with anonymity.

Please get help peacegirl. This is no way to spend the rest of your life. Do it for your grandchildren. You don't want them being taunted about their crazy grandma when their school friends uncover all the crazy threads like this one that you have spread across the internet like so much graffiti?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
you prefer blind faith to intellectual integrity
I can't say that I remember anything by intellectual integrity, but blind faith was a truly awesome band. It is just too bad that they couldn't keep it together a little longer.

Vivisectus (02-19-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have 3 grandchildren presently. You can get the book directly from me. I am not marketing it right now because I'm working on the other book.

You should be working on "See-More Safety", I can see a lot more benefit to humanity than the other book.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy