Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Your mistake was changing your analysis. Originally it didn't violate the laws of physics and now it does
But it also meets the requirements of real time photography (i.e., the object being in the field of view and the object's brightness)
What does that even mean?
Exactly what it says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
There is no such thing as real time photography. There is no way to make the physics work for it.
You are not right. If efferent vision is correct (which I believe it is), we would get a real time photo at the exact moment we are seeing a real time object.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
And how are you defining "true" freedom of the will? I've already explained why the compatibilist notion of freedom is the only kind relevant to blameworthiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
It's a made-up definition, constructed for the purpose of giving blame and punishment legitimacy.
So what is the non made up definition of true free will? When you say "true freedom of the will" what exactly do you mean? What would "true freedom of the will" look like if it were to exist?
I told you many times that free will would mean we could hurt people under any antecedent condition (that is the very definition of free will), but this is not true which proves conclusively that we are controlled by a higher law of man's nature.
Quote:
But people hurt others all the time.
Because we're not in the new world LadyShea. We are living in a world of blame and punishment, so how can you use the fact that people hurt others all the time as a reason to discredit a no blame society when the basic principle has not become a permanent condition of the environment?
Because you are using the new world we aren't in to support your premises. How can you claim conclusive proof when the new world isn't here?

Quote:
You are, once again, trying to support your entire premise with evidence that does not exist and can only possibly come to exist if everyone presupposes your premise to be true without evidence.

That's irrational and unreasonable. It is far from conclusive proof because it doesn't exist except in your imagination.
Quote:
Whatever you say LadyShea. I'm not even going to defend myself. You will continue to say it's an assertion and let it go at that. That's why I said you will have to wait until science confirms that this discovery is valid for you to take it seriously.
LOL, "science" isn't going to even look at it.
As I said before, when and how this knowledge gets brought to light is not up to me. It's in God's hands.
God is as imaginary as your "conclusive proof" from the improbable, hoped for, future.
God as a Supreme Intelligence guiding this universe through mathematical laws --- is real. We can only see the manifestation of this Supreme Intelligence by what we are able to observe in the material world. When we are delivered from evil (or hurt), we will know (we won't need faith) that there is an intelligence behind these laws. This world is not here by accident which means there is design to this world, which also means we do not stand alone. Knowing this gives me comfort, but you believe what you want.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your mistake was changing your analysis. Originally it didn't violate the laws of physics and now it does
But it also meets the requirements of real time photography (i.e., the object being in the field of view and the object's brightness)
Exactly what it says.

Quote:
There is no such thing as real time photography. There is no way to make the physics work for it.
You are not right. If efferent vision is correct (which I believe it is), we would get a real time photo at the exact moment we are seeing a real time object.
At least with efferent vision you can fall back on "not knowing all of how the brain works".

Unfortunately for you, we know exactly how cameras work, and they require light to be in contact with the film or sensor. That means light has to be in the same location as the film or sensor.

If you can't explain how it comes to be located there, you are absolutely wrong.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-26-2012), Spacemonkey (12-20-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And how are you defining "true" freedom of the will? I've already explained why the compatibilist notion of freedom is the only kind relevant to blameworthiness.
Quote:
It's a made-up definition, constructed for the purpose of giving blame and punishment legitimacy.
So what is the non made up definition of true free will? When you say "true freedom of the will" what exactly do you mean? What would "true freedom of the will" look like if it were to exist?
I told you many times that free will would mean we could hurt people under any antecedent condition (that is the very definition of free will), but this is not true which proves conclusively that we are controlled by a higher law of man's nature.
Quote:
Because we're not in the new world LadyShea. We are living in a world of blame and punishment, so how can you use the fact that people hurt others all the time as a reason to discredit a no blame society when the basic principle has not become a permanent condition of the environment?
Because you are using the new world we aren't in to support your premises. How can you claim conclusive proof when the new world isn't here?

Quote:
You are, once again, trying to support your entire premise with evidence that does not exist and can only possibly come to exist if everyone presupposes your premise to be true without evidence.

That's irrational and unreasonable. It is far from conclusive proof because it doesn't exist except in your imagination.
Quote:
Whatever you say LadyShea. I'm not even going to defend myself. You will continue to say it's an assertion and let it go at that. That's why I said you will have to wait until science confirms that this discovery is valid for you to take it seriously.
As I said before, when and how this knowledge gets brought to light is not up to me. It's in God's hands.
God is as imaginary as your "conclusive proof" from the improbable, hoped for, future.
God as a Supreme Intelligence guiding this universe through mathematical laws --- is real. We can only see the manifestation of this Supreme Intelligence by what we are able to observe in the material world. When we are delivered from evil (or hurt), we will know (we won't need faith) that there is an intelligence behind these laws. This world is not here by accident which means there is design to this world, which also means we do not stand alone. Knowing this gives me comfort, but you believe what you want.
Yes, as you obviously believe what you want. Those are faith based assertions you just made.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I do understand how a picture can be taken without light traveling to Eart first and I explained why the image would be the same. Why are you mocking me?
You have light physically located on camera film on Earth without any physically possible mechanism for it to get there...leaving magic as the only explanation.

That is highly mockable.
Have you ever heard this cliche? It describes you to a t.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and little learning is a dangerous thing.

If you only know a little about something, you may feel you are qualified to make judgments when, in fact, you are not.
I know that film cannot have a chemical reaction with light unless they are in the same physical location, and I know that light cannot teleport, nor come to be at a location without traveling there. That's straight physical possibilities. I can absolutely make a judgment about your proposition that light suddenly and instantaneously appears on the surface of camera film with no physical mechanism for getting there.
Quote:
You are failing to understand efferent vision and why light does not have to reach Earth for an object to be seen if it meets the requirements
I wasn't talking about being seen. I was talking about being photographed. Specifically the newly ignted Sun at noon, when there are NO photons on Earth at all to interact with the camera film or sensor.

I am failing to understand it because it is not physically possible, nor have you offered any kind of physically possible mechanism for this. Therefore it is magical thinking.

Feel free to posit a mechanism that makes any sense at all and doesn't violate the laws of physics...or just keep asserting that it's magic. Whichever you prefer.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-26-2012), Spacemonkey (12-20-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
So you are indeed a theist, and have been lying to us every time you've claimed 'God' is only being used as a metaphor for impersonal laws of the universe.
Angakuk (12-26-2012), LadyShea (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly what it says.

Quote:
At least with efferent vision you can fall back on "not knowing all of how the brain works".

Unfortunately for you, we know exactly how cameras work, and they require light to be in contact with the film or sensor. That means light has to be in the same location as the film or sensor.

If you can't explain how it comes to be located there, you are absolutely wrong.
I don't believe Lessans was wrong. You keep forgetting that the object, no matter how far away, has to be in view, and it has to be bright enough for an image to show up. If the object did not have to be in view, and all that was required was light for an image to show up on film, that would be a different story. Think of a mirror image, even though it's not a perfect analogy.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
No, the only difference is that the eyes use light to see the object directly, whereas a camera uses that same light to form a picture. I know you don't understand how a picture can be taken without light traveling to Earth first.
That's alright though, you don't understand it either.
I do understand how a picture can be taken without light traveling to Eart first and I explained why the image would be the same. Why are you mocking me?
More lies. You don't have any idea how a picture can be taken without light traveling to Earth to be present at the camera, and you ran away from this problem last time after deciding to change the topic:-

Quote:
Quote:
Efferent sight cannot be analyzed in terms of traveling photons, as if these photons contain the image alone. This is where you are having problems. I don't want to continue this conversation at this time (maybe at a later date) because I have more important things to talk about right now (i.e., how to achieve world peace).
Your weaseling avoidance is noted. I will bring it up again next time you steer the discussion away from conscience and free will back to vision. Until then efferent vision will continue to be rejected due to your contradictory claims about the behavior of light on your account.
Therefore...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
White light is just the collection of light of differing wavelengths. When this light hits an object, some of it is absorbed and used up, while the rest bounces off and travels away. The light that bounces off and travels away is the non-absorbed light.
You're just repeating the exact thing Lessans is disputing.
Yes. They are also the known measurable properties of light - which you and Lessans are disputing. What happens to these non-absorbed photons after they hit an object, if they don't bounce off and travel away from it? Don't just say that they "reveal the object". You need to explain where they are and where they are going immediately after hitting the object that allows them to do this.

Quote:
I understand your interpretation, and I believe it's wrong. It is true that part of the spectrum that got absorbed is no longer there. The question is what is happening with the non-absorbed light. Is it bouncing and being reflected, or is it revealing the external world to those who are looking in that direction?
The non-absorbed light can't affect the retina or a film without coming into contact with it. It can't come into contact with it without traveling there at the speed of light. If it gets there any faster then it is violating physics by either teleporting or traveling faster than light. If you think otherwise, then please go ahead and explain where these non-absorbed photons are immediately after hitting the object, and how they can interact with the film or retina to 'reveal the external world' without first getting to the film or retina, and taking time to do so.

Quote:
That is why we only get on the retina the non-absorbed photons which allow us to see the object. But the question remains...
The question that remains is this: How do the non-absorbed photons allow us to see the object on your account, given that they start at the object and can't affect the retina in any way without first getting from the object to the retina?
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So you are indeed a theist, and have been lying to us every time you've claimed 'God' is only being used as a metaphor for impersonal laws of the universe.
I really don't see the conflict. I do not pray to a God up in heaven, although I know prayer has helped many people overcome unbelievable hardships. I am not religious, even though I like tradition because it brings families together. I also believe that when people are not warring over whose God is the best, and they don't make god out to be a wrathful unforgiving vengeful god, there is wisdom to be found in the Bible and the Torah.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
You keep forgetting that the object, no matter how far away, has to be in view, and it has to be bright enough for an image to show up.
Hubble Images falsify this claim

Quote:
If the object did not have to be in view, and all that was required was light for an image to show up on film, that would be a different story
All that is required to create an image using a camera is light and photosensitive material or a photoreceptive digital sensor
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-26-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I really don't see the conflict. I do not pray to a God up in heaven, although I know prayer has helped many people overcome unbelievable hardships. I am not religious, even though I like tradition because it brings families together. I also believe that when people are not warring over whose God is the best, and they don't make god out to be a wrathful unforgiving vengeful god, there is wisdom to be found in the Bible and the Torah.
Supreme guiding intelligence =/= impersonal laws of nature.

Impersonal laws of nature = metaphorical 'God'

Supreme guiding intelligence = literal 'God'

What part of this confuses you?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, the only difference is that the eyes use light to see the object directly, whereas a camera uses that same light to form a picture. I know you don't understand how a picture can be taken without light traveling to Earth first.
More lies. You don't have any idea how a picture can be taken without light traveling to Earth to be present at the camera, and you ran away from this problem last time after deciding to change the topic:-

Quote:
Quote:
Efferent sight cannot be analyzed in terms of traveling photons, as if these photons contain the image alone. This is where you are having problems. I don't want to continue this conversation at this time (maybe at a later date) because I have more important things to talk about right now (i.e., how to achieve world peace).
Your weaseling avoidance is noted. I will bring it up again next time you steer the discussion away from conscience and free will back to vision. Until then efferent vision will continue to be rejected due to your contradictory claims about the behavior of light on your account.
Therefore...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
White light is just the collection of light of differing wavelengths. When this light hits an object, some of it is absorbed and used up, while the rest bounces off and travels away. The light that bounces off and travels away is the non-absorbed light.
Yes. They are also the known measurable properties of light - which you and Lessans are disputing. What happens to these non-absorbed photons after they hit an object, if they don't bounce off and travel away from it? Don't just say that they "reveal the object". You need to explain where they are and where they are going immediately after hitting the object that allows them to do this.

Quote:
I understand your interpretation, and I believe it's wrong. It is true that part of the spectrum that got absorbed is no longer there. The question is what is happening with the non-absorbed light. Is it bouncing and being reflected, or is it revealing the external world to those who are looking in that direction?
The non-absorbed light can't affect the retina or a film without coming into contact with it. It can't come into contact with it without traveling there at the speed of light. If it gets there any faster then it is violating physics by either teleporting or traveling faster than light. If you think otherwise, then please go ahead and explain where these non-absorbed photons are immediately after hitting the object, and how they can interact with the film or retina to 'reveal the external world' without first getting to the film or retina, and taking time to do so.

Quote:
That is why we only get on the retina the non-absorbed photons which allow us to see the object. But the question remains...
The question that remains is this: How do the non-absorbed photons allow us to see the object on your account, given that they start at the object and can't affect the retina in any way without first getting from the object to the retina?
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Spacemonkey, I'm not getting into this topic again when we haven't finished the other. You think you have shown where his first discovery is unsound. It is not, and I'm not going to leave people with the idea that your logic has negated this knowledge. No way jose.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM

The conflict is you have been saying you mean one thing when you say God, but really mean another.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-26-2012), Spacemonkey (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Spacemonkey, I'm not getting into this again...
Stop claiming his ideas about vision are correct if you're not willing to discuss it. Stop claiming that you understand how a photograph of the Sun can be taken on Earth before any light has arrived at the camera, when you know full well that you don't understand this at all. Stop lying to us. Stop lying to yourself.

Quote:
...when you think you have proven his first discovery wrong or unprovable. It's not wrong and I'm not going to leave people with the idea that your logic proved him wrong.
Unfortunately for you, there's fuck all you can do about that.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Therefore...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Spacemonkey, I'm not getting into this topic again when we haven't finished the other. You think you have shown where his first discovery is unsound. It is not, and I'm not going to leave people with the idea that your logic has negated this knowledge. No way jose.
What people are you talking about? Also :weasel:
Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Supreme guiding intelligence =/= impersonal laws of nature.

Impersonal laws of nature = metaphorical 'God'

Supreme guiding intelligence = literal 'God'

What part of this confuses you?
No part. Supreme Intelligence are the laws, but I can metaphorically make these laws more personal. Throughout the book my father used the term God in this way. He even called God a genius. :D

p. 325 It is true there are differences in behavior patterns and
physiognomies, but certain words are not symbolic except of what we
have projected from our realistic imagination. Therefore, it is
important to recognize that many illnesses are nothing but words, as
strange as this may seem, which Montaigne and other philosophers
perceived. When someone does physical or other harm to another
without justification then we will know that he is mentally disturbed,
but this is virtually impossible in the new world. Until then, God is
forcing us to leave the mind alone. Now tell me; is this Supreme
Being we call God a genius, or isn’t He?
God, or the force that
controls our movement in the direction of greater satisfaction, is
forcing us to rely on our body to take care of 98% of all its problems
by making all mankind realize that they don’t know the truth about
a tremendous number of these things, they only thought they knew.

If you are afraid of getting worse and wish to prescribe for yourself
some drug, this will be your business. On the other hand, if you are
more afraid of the drug than leaving your body alone, this is also your
business. But you will have to decide this for yourself since the
doctors who are citizens of the new world will be afraid to make it for
you because the full realization that they might be responsible for
making you worse, not better, and the fact that they will never be
blamed, prevents them from offering excuses for what they can never
justify.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Therefore...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
My imaginary friends. :yup: :giggle: :rofl: :lol: :laugh:

Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Supreme Intelligence are the laws...
No they aren't. You quite specifically spoke of a "Supreme Intelligence guiding this universe through mathematical laws". The laws through which the intelligence acts is one thing, and the intelligence employing them is another.

Quote:
Throughout the book my father used the term God in this way.
Yes, he was just as confused and inconsistent as you are.
Angakuk (12-26-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Your continued delusion and self-deception regarding your imagined audience is no joke or laughing matter, Peacegirl. It is a problem that you need to take seriously.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
cold, heartless bitch

I've noticed a problem that is insurmountable. I've noticed I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

There is the world according to Garpeacegirl, wherein she dictates what the rest of the world observes, and there is the world according to every other person she's talked to, in which they tell her that the world they observe does not match the one she describes. Garpella insists that the discrepancy is a result of unenlightenment on behalf of the rest of the world and the rest of the world says, while that may be true, Garpella is in a world of one. So whilst the one person may be entirely correct enlight of her own world, it will not have one ounce of effect on the world the other near 7 billion people inhabit. Since a world of one is pretty fucking lonely, Garpella retreats to her imaginary world for momentary breaks, in which her ancestor inhabits and from which, as Gods, they can laugh at the antics of their lowly creations. Yet they are haunted because they need the approval of their own creations for some reason.

Once in awhile, Garpella realises that her imaginary world generates no revenue and, in this modern world, money determines worth. This creates stress and Garpella struggles with how to justify continuing in a world with no measurable assets. Then she remembers that the rest of the world doesn't exist as they believe so worth can be self generated by her and the approval granted by her imaginary friends.

There is no reasoning with God. Garpeacegirl thinks she and God have a special pact.

- Albert Camus
Thanks, from:
Vivisectus (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly what it says.

Quote:

I have explained it. The object is reflecting light but we are not seeing the image from light. Light is allowing us to see the object in real time which affords this possibility due to the requirements that are met, which you seem not to care about very much. The object must be within the lenses' field of view and it has to be bright enough for an image to show up on film. There is no need to attribute this to magic or teleportation as the only explanation.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your continued delusion and self-deception regarding your imagined audience is no joke or laughing matter, Peacegirl. It is a problem that you need to take seriously.
So not only are you a doctor of philosophy, but you have become a doctor psychiatry too? :eek:

Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Supreme Intelligence are the laws...
No they aren't. You quite specifically spoke of a "Supreme Intelligence guiding this universe through mathematical laws". The laws through which the intelligence acts is one thing, and the intelligence employing them is another.

Quote:
Throughout the book my father used the term God in this way.
Yes, he was just as confused and inconsistent as you are.
That's your opinion, and it is just an opinion. It is okay if I clarify what I'm doing when I personalize God, which I did in the beginning of the book. I don't have to make the laws of our nature as something cold and uncaring because they are not. They are leading us to a world of peace and brotherhood, so if I personalize these laws by calling them God, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it does bring together the heart (feeling) with the head (intellect), and that's refreshing. Maybe I should post this again:

Some people may be offended that the word God is used throughout
the book and conclude that this is a religious work. Perhaps the ‘G’
word even makes them want to shut down and disconnect from what
is being said. This would be unfortunate. As you carefully read the
text you will see that the word God (often referred to as ‘He’) is simply
a symbol pointing to the laws that govern our universe.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, as you obviously believe what you want. Those are faith based assertions you just made.
Actually we won't need to have faith anymore when our prayers (our hopes for a better world) are answered and we're delivered from evil. God will have revealed Himself through these miraculous changes that are slowly manifesting themselves in the physical realm.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I have explained it. The object is reflecting light but we are not seeing the image from light. Light is allowing us to see the object in real time which affords this possibility due to the requirements that are met, which you seem not to care about very much. The object must be within the lenses' field of view and it has to be bright enough for an image to show up on film. There is no need to attribute this to magic or teleportation as the only explanation.
No, Peacegirl. You haven't explained it at all. You have absolutely no explanation whatsoever for how light from the sun can be in contact with the film on Earth without having traveled to get there.
Angakuk (12-26-2012)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy