Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 06-03-2022, 10:16 PM
angry white woman

Default Re: I think we need a morons with guns thrad

As for the border to me this is obvious. Drugs come over the border and so do bad people. Good people too, sure. But study Teddy Kennedy and the Hart Keller Act if you’re interested in the reason I blame democrats for illegals.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:29 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
Wow, good for you.
Thanks, from:
Miss Shelby (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 10:34 PM
angry white woman

Drinking Re: I think we need a morons with guns thrad

This thingy here is instrumental when applying the triad of doom. You hold it in your dominant hand with two middle fingers. Say you are walking through a parking lot and that mother fucker approaches you, grabs your purse or whatever with your free hand hit him hard in the throat. Then with this handy doo dad you go for the eyeballs. If it’s still necessary you kick punch bite whatever until that son of a bitch gives up and takes off
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 24BECA02-E252-4262-8EDC-0D762E0D6E29.jpeg (2.02 MB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-2022, 11:20 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

If you're a right winger and the argument isn't going the way you want, is it okay to post something incoherent in the hope it'll be mistaken as a counter-argument? ...

Quote:
So a convicted murderer is out to murder again. And he had an ar 15. So lets ban the guns and let the murderers escape because they could never be ingenious enough to find a way to kill people
... or in other words ...

Quote:
lkjn
Old 06-03-2022, 11:35 PM
angry white woman

FUCK YOU micstinks, And I jest. But in the spirit of jesting still fuck you, too
JoeP (06-04-2022), mickthinks (06-04-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 09:55 PM

How Texas boys’ dream trip ended in family massacre at hands of fugitive | Texas | The Guardian
Guardian Mark Collins had brought his four grandsons Waylon, Karson, Hudson and Bryson up to his ranch north-west of Houston on Thursday for what sounded like a southern boy’s dream: shooting guns, taking boats on big ponds and fishing.

Quote:
And he had an ar 15.
Grandpa was taking his kids to the cabin to play with their toys. I mean go shooting. The toys were poorly stored, because toys don’t hurt anyone and are barely as effective as any random improvised object at killing.

Obviously we wouldn’t want to advocate for stricter control and liability over boys and their toys. That could have cost them precious time between getting to the ranch and popping off a few cans, that’s their freedom time with freedom toys.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-04-2022), lisarea (06-05-2022), viscousmemories (06-05-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 10:13 PM
angry white woman

I totally hear ya Ari. I do I don’t own a gun myself but my hubby is a hunter and he does. Not an ar 15 mind you. But my concern is two fold. 1. Strict gun laws really did not hel what happened in Buffalo. and 2. If stricter measures are put in place it will open the doors for guns to eventually be out and out banned. And it’s worth saying that violent thugs are going to kill whether it’s by gun or other means. That said, I would not break down and cry if legislation was passed limit who can have assault weapons. Honestly I’ve always been on the fence about this. But I am untrustworthy of Democrat officials and their agendas
lisarea (06-05-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 10:13 PM
angry white woman

I totally hear ya Ari. I do I don’t own a gun myself but my hubby is a hunter and he does. Not an ar 15 mind you. But my concern is two fold. 1. Strict gun laws really did not hel what happened in Buffalo. and 2. If stricter measures are put in place it will open the doors for guns to eventually be out and out banned. And it’s worth saying that violent thugs are going to kill whether it’s by gun or other means. That said, I would not break down and cry if legislation was passed limit who can have assault weapons. Honestly I’ve always been on the fence about this. But I am untrustworthy of Democrat officials and their agendas
Old 06-04-2022, 10:39 PM

In other words, you see the merits of the case but you oppose it on the grounds that the other side are proposing it. So you dismiss the obvious: that your side is against it because there is something wrong with them.

Come over to us, Shel—you know you want to.

:wb:
Crumb (06-04-2022), lisarea (06-05-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
1. Strict gun laws really did not hel what happened in Buffalo.
Sorry kids, and dead doctor, strict gun laws that would have likely prevented your death won’t be enacted because they won’t help the issue in Buffalo. If we can’t solve every problem all at once, we shouldn’t even try.
Quote:
2. If stricter measures are put in place it will open the doors for guns to eventually be out and out banned.
Good. America has pretty consistently shown we aren’t adult enough to have them.
Quote:
And it’s worth saying that violent thugs are going to kill whether it’s by gun or other means.
That’s amazingly defeatist. I guess they would have died anyway, so let’s make it as easy as possible.

Since the automatic weapon ban few if any licensed automatic weapons have been used in shootings, yet only a few years after the commercial launch of the heavily tested and mass produced bumpstock auto converter kit it was used to kill 60 in Vegas.

Besides the fact that it’s not true. knife attacks consistently kill fewer people. Low quality or hand made/modified weapons consistently jam and malf more often. Attacks require more planning and more people. Fewer die when there aren’t easy to access high precision firearms all about.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-04-2022), JoeP (06-04-2022), mickthinks (06-04-2022), SharonDee (06-06-2022), Zehava (06-09-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 11:28 PM
angry white woman

Okay well let’s legislate the shit out of this and see how things turn out. This is what I always think before the shit actually happens and then it turns out that it does. The deadly violence I mean. And the sad this, people such as yourself won’t acknowledge it anyways.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:28 PM
angry white woman

Okay well let’s legislate the shit out of this and see how things turn out. This is what I always think before the shit actually happens and then it turns out that it does. The deadly violence I mean. And the sad this, people such as yourself won’t acknowledge it anyways.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Okay well let’s legislate the shit out of this and see how things turn out.
Unfortunately those tricky democrats have loaded the courts with activist pro-life judges, so I doubt any common sense measures such as requiring licensing, insurance, laws against unsafe storage, stricter control of ammo etc. will ever be allowed to infringe on the life and liberty of a tactical weapon.
Afterall the ability to purchase a weapon and murder a doctor in the same day is just part of the dem agenda.
Quote:
The deadly violence I mean. And the sad this, people such as yourself won’t acknowledge it anyways.
I have no idea what this means.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-06-2022), JoeP (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 03:59 PM

Let's talk about the false dichotomy problem. It's when someone wants to persuade you that a bad idea is a good idea and, in order to pull off the trick, pretends that the only alternative to the bad idea is a terrible idea (preferably a terrible idea that has actually been tabled by someone, but failing that, a completely made up terrible idea will be substituted).

Quote:
Okay well let’s legislate the shit out of this and see how things turn out.
But there are other options, such as restoring just one piece of legislation, a piece thats already tried and tested but was allowed to lapse and seeing how things turn out then.

Why would anyone mistake, for instance, restoring the 1994 assault weapons ban as "legislating the shit out of this"? Is it because they are opposed to any and all controls and restrictions, but they realise they haven't a good reason to oppose sensible legislation and they have lost the real argument.

So they make up a fake one.

Last edited by mickthinks; 06-05-2022 at 04:21 PM.
Thanks, from:
Ari (06-05-2022), fragment (06-07-2022), viscousmemories (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 06:12 PM

It’s also quite disingenuous to for ‘pro-life’ conservatives to have their left hand legislating the shit out of women’s rights while their right hand acts like legislating the shit out of things is ineffective and dirty. While then trying to turn it into a way to get their way on another topic.

‘Um actually if we legislated the shit out of the borders then we wouldn’t need to legislate the shit out of our toys, have you tried that? No? Well then obviously you can’t legislate the shit out of our blankeys until you’ve tried every one of our completely neutral suggestions.’
Thanks, from:
JoeP (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 06:41 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
It’s also quite disingenuous to for ‘pro-life’ conservatives to have their left hand legislating the shit out of women’s rights while their right hand acts like legislating the shit out of things is ineffective and dirty. While then trying to turn it into a way to get their way on another topic.

‘Um actually if we legislated the shit out of the borders then we wouldn’t need to legislate the shit out of our toys, have you tried that? No? Well then obviously you can’t legislate the shit out of our blankeys until you’ve tried every one of our completely neutral suggestions.’
But who in this conversation just pulled bob and weave and totally changed the subject? hm? You want to talk to me about womens rights i'm game but im not about to get baited into an argument about it in a morons with guns thrad. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not a biologist anyways so how do you eve know what a woman is?
Old 06-05-2022, 06:41 PM
angry white woman

Quote:

But who in this conversation just pulled bob and weave and totally changed the subject? hm? You want to talk to me about womens rights i'm game but im not about to get baited into an argument about it in a morons with guns thrad. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not a biologist anyways so how do you even know what a woman is?
Old 06-05-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
But who in this conversation just pulled bob and weave and totally changed the subject? hm?
Would you like to go into more detail why closing the borders would solve the fact guns now beat vehicles in youth deaths?

Perhaps you would like to explain what ‘deadly violence’ I wont acknowledge. I still have no idea what you’re talking about. (Do you mean Mexicans?)

Either legislating the shit out of something is bad, horrible and will never work, and the current pro-life tactic of legislating the shit out of everything is bad and doomed to failure, or legislating the shit out of something is potentially an effective manner to make changes to society and shunning people from it is a tactic to keep them from succeeding.
Thanks, from:
Zehava (06-06-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 11:25 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Quote:
But who in this conversation just pulled bob and weave and totally changed the subject? hm?
Would you like to go into more detail why closing the borders would solve the fact guns now beat vehicles in youth deaths?

Perhaps you would like to explain what ‘deadly violence’ I wont acknowledge. I still have no idea what you’re talking about. (Do you mean Mexicans?)

Either legislating the shit out of something is bad, horrible and will never work, and the current pro-life tactic of legislating the shit out of everything is bad and doomed to failure, or legislating the shit out of something is potentially an effective manner to make changes to society and shunning people from it is a tactic to keep them from succeeding.
Legislating the shit out every thing is bad.

I would still love to have a discussion with you about women’s rights. Because I like you and I believe we could mutually understand one of others points of view
Old 06-06-2022, 02:59 PM

Yeah no, getting accused of changing the subject right as you try to change the subject means the conversation is over. Although It was probably smart not to try and explain how illegals are the cause of America’s gun violence.

have a nice day.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:46 AM

In just another everyday Church shooting, angry licensed gun dealer who had been previously sent a warning letter by the ATF for improper record keeping of sales of a dozen of his 80+ firearms, murders three at local church Boomer potluck.

With so many weapons the question isn’t should you take revenge on those you think have shunned you, but which handgun should you do it with!

Church shooting suspect was licensed gun dealer warned by federal agents about missing guns - al.com
Thanks, from:
JoeP (06-19-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (06-19-2022), Sock Puppet (06-20-2022)
Old 06-19-2022, 03:07 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
In just another everyday Church shooting, angry licensed gun dealer who had been previously sent a warning letter by the ATF for improper record keeping of sales of a dozen of his 80+ firearms, murders three at local church Boomer potluck.

With so many weapons the question isn’t should you take revenge on those you think have shunned you, but which handgun should you do it with!

Church shooting suspect was licensed gun dealer warned by federal agents about missing guns - al.com
Quote:
Jim Musgrove, a church member, hit the shooter with a chair and wrestled the gun away from him, Carpenter said. Police called Musgrove a “hero” by police for “saving lives” at the church.
To protect against a bad guy with a gun, we need more good guys with chairs.
Thanks, from:
Ari (06-19-2022), fragment (06-19-2022), JoeP (06-19-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (06-19-2022), slimshady2357 (06-19-2022), Sock Puppet (06-20-2022), Zehava (06-20-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

So it turns out the problem isn’t guns or knives on knifecrime island, it’s, *checks notes* Americans.

Trump's knife crime claim: how do the US and UK compare? | Euronews

Happy 4th, y’all.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-04-2022), JoeP (07-04-2022), lisarea (07-04-2022), Stephen Maturin (08-01-2022), viscousmemories (07-04-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 03:14 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

I think we need an entrepreneurs with guns thrad.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (08-01-2022), Ensign Steve (08-01-2022), JoeP (08-01-2022), Stephen Maturin (08-01-2022), viscousmemories (08-01-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 01:23 AM

Guns prevent another mass shooting! The Atlanta Midtown Music Festival has been cancelled over the possibility state laws allow random people to bring weapons into the event.

CNNWeapons and explosives of any kind are prohibited at the festival, according to its website. Gun rights advocates had mounted a pressure campaign against that position, calling into question the festival's ability to restrict firearms since Georgia allows guns to be carried in parks.
Sources with knowledge of the cancellation decision by operator Live Nation who spoke to Rolling Stone cited Georgia gun laws as the reason.

Atlanta's Midtown Music festival canceled, reportedly over Georgia's gun laws - CNN

Yes that’s right, the morons with guns harassed the festival out of existence.

I was wondering when this was going to start happening. Events cost money, not only maintaining an amount of liability but generally making their money on the likelihood everyone will safely spend way too much to get drunk and eat food truck meals for the full extent of the event. Since random shootings even with no deaths basically end an event, no one wants to risk the money on something that could get shut down and become a crime scene.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-03-2022), ceptimus (08-03-2022), Crumb (08-03-2022), Ensign Steve (08-03-2022), JoeP (08-03-2022), lisarea (08-04-2022), SharonDee (08-04-2022), slimshady2357 (08-03-2022), Sock Puppet (08-03-2022), viscousmemories (08-03-2022)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law