Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Reality Adventurer

Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Why do you think Lessans included this true experience he had in the book?
How is a reader to know which of the numerous conversations were true experiences and which you added yourself as illustrations?
At this stage I doubt peacegirl knows which is which.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Quote:
How is a reader to know which of the numerous conversations were true experiences and which you added yourself as illustrations?
I know you love to make me the fool, but it doesn't matter because I'm not the fool. Think what you want, do what you want, but it doesn't change the truth.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Therefore, it is imperative that you know, well in advance, that my reasoning will be completely mathematical, scientific and undeniable; so if you find yourself in disagreement you had better reread that which you disagree, otherwise, your stubborn resistance, your inability to perceive these relations will only delay the very life you want for yourself.
LOL, I am 100% right and if you disagree you are stubborn and unable to perceive the relations I came up with which are 100% right.

Yeah, humble guy right there.

You don't want to admit you couldn't see the Emperor's new clothes, doesn't mean the rest of humanity can't see that he's naked as a jaybird.
Let me ask you a question LadyShea. You are so sure you're right obviously. What happens when you turn out to be wrong? Your attitude is really aggressive and because of it you think Lessans is the Emperor and you all are so smart to recognize the falseness of his reasoning. I'm telling you that you are wrong, and now you're bringing other people into this discussion because you are not thinking for yourself. It is turning into a catch 22. The more I claim Lessans is right, the more you resist, and the more you resist the more I'm trying to show you that Lessans is right. What more can I say to convince you of your faulty thinking? :chin: You have created a problem for yourself and others who are listening to your remarks which have no basis in truth. I have to admit I don't think I can overcome this humongous obstacle. And you won't budge.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Lessans was so sure he was right, and you're so sure he was right. What if it turns out he was wrong? His attitude was really smug and self important, and because of it you think Lessans was infallible and correct in his claims of undeniability, and you think you are so smart to recognize the falseness of everyone else's valid criticisms of his work. I'm telling you that you are wrong and that Lessans was wrong.

The more I claim Lessans wa wrong, the more you resist, and the more you resist the more I'm trying to show you that Lessans was wrong. What more can I say to convince you of your faultiness? You have created a problem for yourself and others who are listening to your remarks which have no basis in truth. I have to admit I don't think I can overcome this humongous obstacle. And you won't budge.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-18-2012), Kael (06-18-2012), Spacemonkey (06-18-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Lessans was so sure he was right, and you're so sure he was right. What if it turns out he was wrong? His attitude was really smug and self important, and because of it you think Lessans was infallible and correct in his claims of undeniability, and you think you are so smart to recognize the falseness of everyone else's valid criticisms of his work. I'm telling you that you are wrong and that Lessans was wrong.

The more I claim Lessans wa wrong, the more you resist, and the more you resist the more I'm trying to show you that Lessans was wrong. What more can I say to convince you of your faultiness? You have created a problem for yourself and others who are listening to your remarks which have no basis in truth. I have to admit I don't think I can overcome this humongous obstacle. And you won't budge.
Twist things around. Make them circular. And lose out LadyShea. I am not invested in you learning this material. Stay where you are. It's okay with me. Actually, I think you are a very perceptive individual and I appreciate your determination to decipher the truth from the lies. Unfortunately, you are losing the very truth you are searching for. I still wish you the very best. I hold nothing against you.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Nothing was twisted, only reflected. I simply used your own argument to show it from my perspective...I thought maybe your very own words would better penetrate your skull.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know you love to make me the fool, but it doesn't matter because I'm not the fool. Think what you want, do what you want, but it doesn't change the truth.
Yes, and the truth is that NASA uses delayed-time seeing calculations to send spacecraft to Mars. That, and more than a hundred other examples given to your sorry, dishonest ass, prove that Lessans was wrong. More, he was a buffoon.

And you are a liar. Lessans was too uneducated to know about this stuff that disproved his claims, but you don't have that excuse. So you are a dishonest serial liar. And when it comes to the Mars example, you can't even begin to confabulate your way out of a paper bag, so of course you ignore this disproof of Lessans's BS. It's all very transparent. :wave:
Old 06-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, others think you are a fool or a liar. I think you are crazy. If you are a fool there isn't much you can do. If you are a liar then you know what is right but choose wrong. If you are crazy you can get help. Get help peacegirl.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Think what you want, do what you want, but it doesn't change the truth.
The same can be said to you Peacegirl. The main difference is that you do not have a clue what the truth is.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl;
Therefore, it is imperative that you know, well in advance, that my reasoning will be completely mathematical, scientific and undeniable; so if you find yourself in disagreement you had better reread that which you disagree, otherwise, your stubborn resistance, your inability to perceive these relations will only delay the very life you want for yourself.
LOL, I am 100% right and if you disagree you are stubborn and unable to perceive the relations I came up with which are 100% right.

Yeah, humble guy right there.

You don't want to admit you couldn't see the Emperor's new clothes, doesn't mean the rest of humanity can't see that he's naked as a jaybird.
Let me ask you a question LadyShea. You are so sure you're right obviously. What happens when you turn out to be wrong?
Peacegirl, you do understand that LadyShea was mocking you, you can't be that stupid? However she is correct on most, if not all, of what she says on this subject.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Nothing was twisted, only reflected. I simply used your own argument to show it from my perspective...I thought maybe your very own words would better penetrate your skull.
Oh be quiet already with your condescending attitude LadyShea. This thread has taught me how difficult it is for a truth to come against conventional thinking, and how easy it is to twist what is being said, like the one where you stated that Lessans believed we only need to fall in love with someone's genitals. That's the most insane thing I've heard yet. The second most insane thing that was used to discredit Lessans is that in the new world Lessans is giving free rein to doctors who will no longer need a license to practice. It's beyond insanity how people have taken things out of context on purpose, just to make Lessans look idiotic. But they're not going to get away with this in the long run because the truth always wins.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, others think you are a fool or a liar. I think you are crazy. If you are a fool there isn't much you can do. If you are a liar then you know what is right but choose wrong. If you are crazy you can get help. Get help peacegirl.
I think you're so full of shit NA you don't know which ends up, so who cares what you think? In your passive/aggressive pretend caring attitude, you are making a fool of yourself because everyone can see right through you.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
Oh be quiet already with your condescending attitude LadyShea. This thread has taught me how difficult it is for a truth to come against conventional thinking, and how easy it is to twist what is being said, like the one where you stated that Lessans believed we only need to fall in love with someone's genitals. That's the most insane thing I've heard yet. The second most insane thing that was used to discredit Lessans is that in the new world Lessans is giving free rein to doctors who will no longer need a license to practice. It's beyond insanity how people have taken things out of context on purpose, just to make Lessans look idiotic. But they're not going to get away with this in the long run because the truth always wins.
Those are, of course, EXACTLY things that he said. He also said that when light arrives at earth, it becomes STATIC, and waits to "smile on us" in the morning. I know you took the book down because you are secretly and quite properly ashamed of it. Did you forget that several people here downloaded it to their hard drives?
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Davidm, you think you are spot on but you are all washed up with the bath water if Lessans is right. This has nothing to do with these principles.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Hey, peacegirl, he also said it was a mathematical certainty that husbands and wives would no longer share the same bed! Remember how you denied that he said this, and we hauled out for you the quote in which he said that very thing?

It won't do any good to tinker with the text now to hide these embarrassing statements, the way that you changed "molecules" of light to "photons." Too late. People have the original text that you linked here on their hard drives.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
like the one where you stated that Lessans believed we only need to fall in love with someone's genitals.
Those were his exact words, no need to twist anything. He said if you can't get the girl that looks the way you like, fall in love with someone's genitals. He also said it is impossible to fall in love with someone who cannot have sexual relations due to not having genitals. He didn't say unlikely, he said IMPOSSIBLE.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
People have the original text that you linked here on their hard drives.
Can I possibly get a copy from someone?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:

I have a copy on my other computer, but I'll need help to figure out how to e-mail it to you. If someone else has a copy, and can send it to you, that might be faster. My copy is a PDF and the computer I'm on now doesn't like PDF's. I know it's just a matter of downloading the right program.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have a copy on my other computer, but I'll need help to figure out how to e-mail it to you. If someone else has a copy, and can send it to you, that might be faster. My copy is a PDF and the computer I'm on now doesn't like PDF's. I know it's just a matter of downloading the right program.
Thanks, I'll PM you my email address. You should be able to include the PDF file as an attachment in an email without your computer needing to be able to read or open it. There's no rush or anything, it would just be nice to have a souvenir of the madness.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you're so full of shit NA you don't know which ends up, so who cares what you think? In your passive/aggressive pretend caring attitude, you are making a fool of yourself because everyone can see right through you.
peacegirl, just go get help. If you are sane you will have a diagnosis to show it, which is more than most people have. And then you can continue promoting the work of the "great man". But if not you will get treatment and your life will improve. You win either way.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, I'll PM you my email address. You should be able to include the PDF file as an attachment in an email without your computer needing to be able to read or open it. There's no rush or anything, it would just be nice to have a souvenir of the madness.

N.A. says that I shouldn't send copyrighted material, so be it, I have been corrected.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
N.A. says that I shouldn't send copyrighted material, so be it, I have been corrected.
Okay, no problem.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 AM

peacegirl had it free and publicly available for download for many months. Copies on people's harddrives are no different than having a papercopy and lending it out
Old 06-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
peacegirl had it free and publicly available for download for many months. Copies on people's harddrives are no different than having a papercopy and lending it out
Tell that to Napster, Grokster, Madster and eDonkey.

If you think that peacegirl is merely dishonest and greedy instead of crazy why would you want to make it easy for her to fuck with you?

You can't distribute copyrighted materials without the owners permission [PERIOD]. So get peacegirls permission if you can.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Actually, Lessans stated emphatically that anything done by others or to others doesn't even apply.
Quote:
I also explained the fact that when Lessans said "nothing can make man do anything against his will," he wasn't referring to what others do to him, because then it's not his will. He did mention this.
If that is the case why couldn't you, through the course of our rather lengthy discussion of this question, provide a single quote from Lessans where he explicitly excluded the application of external force from consideration?
He mentioned that we're not talking about what others do to us.
If he mentioned it why can't you quote him doing so?

Quote:
Quote:
I explained the fact that two things being the same in preference doesn't change the fact that we are always moving in the direction of greater satisfaction, regardless of which motion we make at any given moment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk
No, you did not explain any such fact. You tried (and failed) to argue that this is a fact.
I did explain it, but you failed to listen...
You tried to explain why you thought it was a fact but you failed to demonstrate that it was a fact. That is a fact.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy