Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Why are you bringing this moronic nonsense up again if you're not actually prepared to discuss it?
I just told you I need an apology. I am not going to be disrespected the way I have. And don't you dare tell me its nonsense.
It is nonsense, and you are mentally ill. You owe everyone here an apology for your disrespectful behavior. Why are you again trying to restart discussions which you've stated you have no intention of returning to?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
He gives plenty of reasons. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Provide one. Show me ONE reason he gave supporting any one of the presuppositions I listed.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Because that is what he wants to discuss LadyShea. He wants to discuss the idea that light bounces off of objects and travels to the eye, which takes time. That would mean that light has to travel to Earth in order not to violate the laws of physics, but that is not true when we're talking about efferent vision. There is a total disconnect here.
Ahem...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
How do the photons get there?
They travel...
Also...

Quote:
Quote:
1) Where are the unabsorbed photons 0.0001sec after they have hit the object? [Insert answer here]
Are they about 30 meters away from the object and traveling away from it? [Yes or No]

Quote:
2) Where were the photons (which are at the film comprising the mirror image when the photograph is taken) 0.0001sec before the photograph was taken? [Insert answer here]
Are they about 30 meters away from the camera film and traveling towards it? [Yes or No]
Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 AM

Peacegirl, you are ill. Your mind is not working. Just look back over your recent posts. You've stated that you are wasting your time here, that you have no intention of returning to the pointless task of trying to defend Lessans, and that you are leaving. And yet you've gone right back to restarting the very discussions you said you were not going to return to. You are repeating already addressed points (such as how we got to the moon) with no apparent recollection either of having made the same points before or of the responses you've previously been given. Your mind is not working properly, and you are only wasting your time here. Get help.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Pummelling a deceased equine.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:

I just told you I need an apology. I am not going to be disrespected the way I have. And don't you dare tell me its nonsense.
LOL. It is all utter nonsense, your father was a buffoon and you are nuttier than a fruitcake. And you are an arrogant fool to boot, who has spat all over and insulted every single person here, all of whom are your betters. It's you who owes every one of us an apology.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
It's you who owes every one of us an apology.
Well, I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Reality Adventurer

peacegirl, if its any consolation, I feel sorry for you. That's the best I can do in the way of an apology. After it became obvious you were mentally ill the only thing I hoped to get out of our exchanges was that you would get help. I'm not happy to hear that you are continuing to engage in your Lessans delusion. This will not end well for you. I fear that your boundaries are already so compromised that your next step is to take the place of your father as author of his book in full Hitchcock/Psycho style.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Peacegirl, if its any consolation, I feel sorry for you. I fear that your boundaries are already so compromised that your next step is to take the place of your father as author of his book in full Hitchcock/Psycho style.

I think she has the 'Psycho' part down pretty good by now, but I doubt that it will come anywhere near to the 'Hitchcock' quality.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why are you bringing this moronic nonsense up again if you're not actually prepared to discuss it?
It is nonsense, and you are mentally ill. You owe everyone here an apology for your disrespectful behavior. Why are you again trying to restart discussions which you've stated you have no intention of returning to?
Don't worry Spacemonkey, I'm not going to return to this discussion. It would be suicide for me to have to put up with the negativity that is just underneath the surface. You were the only person I had any interest in talking to, other than LadyShea. But I have found that you are no different than NA with your outrageous accusations about my mental health. And who do you think you are to chastise me as if I'm a child? Just leave this thread if you're so unhappy. You are not obligated to be here, whether I choose to be here or not. Your choices are not contingent on what I choose to do, or not do.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
He gives plenty of reasons. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Provide one. Show me ONE reason he gave supporting any one of the presuppositions I listed.
I refuse to talk to you unless you apologize for the lies you're spewing in a public arena.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
I refuse to talk to you unless you apologize for the lies you're spewing in a public arena.
You are talking to him by narcissitically and histrionically demanding apologies.

Why are you posting, still?

What could you possibly be gaining other than food for a persecution complex?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to him by aland histrionically demanding apologies.

I'm not being histrionic at all. I'm defending myself against lies. How in the world can I discuss a major discovery in an atmosphere like this? If Spacemonkey wants to engage with me, he has to stop making these crazy accusations just because he doesn't like the way I am responding. I certainly won't continue the conversation even though I believe he could have gotten a lot out of this book had the atmosphere been different in here.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not being histrionic at all. I'm defending myself against lies.
Nobody is lying, your identifying other people's points as lies is histrionic

Quote:
How in the world can I discuss a major discovery in an atmosphere like this?
You can discuss Lessans ideas in any way you want, but the atmosphere here is based on thousands of posts and is unlikely to change unless you change. That also seems unlikely.

So, you have a choice. Keep going around in useless circles here or leave and go back to editing the book or go start a new discussion someplace else.

Quote:
If Spacemonkey wants to engage with me, he has to stop making these crazy accusations just because he doesn't like the way I am responding.
Obviously you are the one who is engaging. You came back and started posting and now you are making demands on people that they have no obligation to fulfill.

Quote:
I certainly won't continue the conversation even though I believe he could have gotten a lot out of this book had the atmosphere been different in here.
You are continuing the conversation by posting. Either accept the atmosphere here, as it will not change, and discuss or leave. It's up to you to to decide what your experience will be.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Don't worry Spacemonkey, I'm not going to return to this discussion. It would be suicide for me to have to put up with the negativity that is just underneath the surface. You were the only person I had any interest in talking to, other than LadyShea. But I have found that you are no different than NA with your outrageous accusations about my mental health. And who do you think you are to chastise me as if I'm a child? Just leave this thread if you're so unhappy. You are not obligated to be here, whether I choose to be here or not. Your choices are not contingent on what I choose to do, or not do.
There's nothing outrageous about it. You are clearly mentally ill.

Quote:
What's the point of threatening not to talk to me when you've already said you're not going to return to the discussion?

YOU ARE MENTALLY ILL AND SHOULD BE SEEKING PROFESSIONAL HELP.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not being histrionic at all. I'm defending myself against lies.
Nobody is lying, your identifying other people's points as lies is histrionic
I am not mentally ill LadyShea, and I don't appreciate Spacemonkey copying what others are saying. I won't talk to these people, and I certainly won't talk to Spacemonkey either unless he apolozies for spewing lies about me, and then expects me to act like all is well. This is no way I can have a conversation in this type of venue. I realize now that allowing this type of behavior in the name of free speech can ruin it for everybody. If I ever go to another forum, it will be moderated, even though the moderator could cut the conversation short. It's better than this any day.

Quote:
How in the world can I discuss a major discovery in an atmosphere like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
You can discuss Lessans ideas in any way you want, but the atmosphere here is based on thousands of posts and is unlikely to change unless you change. That also seems unlikely.
Change in what way LadyShea? Most of these thousands of pages have been nasty vindictive posts by a small group of people who have ruined it for everyone.

Quote:
So, you have a choice. Keep going around in useless circles here or leave and go back to editing the book or go start a new discussion someplace else.
I am in the last stage of editing the book, and I'm very pleased. Between the mp3 and this book, I will be able to advertise. It's been a long road. I was just coming here while I was taking a break.

Quote:
If Spacemonkey wants to engage with me, he has to stop making these crazy accusations just because he doesn't like the way I am responding.
Quote:
Obviously you are the one who is engaging. You came back and started posting and now you are making demands on people that they have no obligation to fulfill.
Yes, I did come back and I know that I can disengage at any time. I am only making a demand that Spacemonkey stop calling me names (I could care less about anyone else because they are not sincerely interested in the book), or I'm leaving and will probably not return any time soon.

Quote:
I certainly won't continue the conversation even though I believe he could have gotten a lot out of this book had the atmosphere been different in here.
Quote:
You are continuing the conversation by posting. Either accept the atmosphere here, as it will not change, and discuss or leave. It's up to you to to decide what your experience will be.
I know the atmosphere won't change. That's why it's suicidal for me to continue. I can't believe that this is supposed to be an open minded group. It boggles my mind.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I believe he could have gotten a lot out of this book had the atmosphere been different in here.

I believe that everyone involved here has gotten all that is possible out of the book and this thread that is possible to get. Given the content of the book there really isn't much to get even though it takes considerable effort to get it.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM

You are simply the latest in a long line of woo peddlers and crackpots who call skeptics closed minded. It's the go to insult for those whose ideas are unconvincing and lacking evidence.

You were engaged by several research scientists and an editor with one of the most prestigious news organizations in the world. You had the opportunity to either learn something, or to convince people that had the power to help you had they been convinced. That didn't happen because Lessans ideas are superficial and easily refuted by direct empirical evidence.

You have no ability to convince either me or Spacemonkey, the only two people you will engage with here, as has become glaringly obvious. So, why are you still here?

Did you ever contact Wayne Dyer or Deepak Chopra?

Also, your histrionics (Ruin it for everyone! Lies!) do not help make your case for being not mentally ill.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I can't believe that this is supposed to be an open minded group. It boggles my mind.

That anyone here even looked at the book demonstrates the open-minded nature of this group. That Peacegirl will not even consider anything as true apart from the book demonstrates her close-mindedness.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Change in what way LadyShea? Most of these thousands of pages have been nasty vindictive posts by a small group of people who have ruined it for everyone.
LOL, most of these posts have been you weaseling and dissembling.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
You are simply the latest in a long line of woo peddlers and crackpots who call skeptics closed minded. It's the go to insult for those whose ideas are unconvincing and lacking evidence.

You were engaged by several research scientists and an editor with one of the most prestigious news organizations in the world. You had the opportunity to either learn something, or to convince people that had the power to help you had they been convinced. That didn't happen because Lessans ideas are superficial and easily refuted by direct empirical evidence.
How can you use someone's position to judge the veracity of this work. He stated in the very beginning that the proof that 3 is to 6 what 4 is to 8 has nothing to do with someone's approval. Again, you don't get it at all LadyShea. Srsly, what does this have to do with you LadyShea? You are now using someone's prestige to judge this knowledge. That was exactly why the introduction was written the way it was. You are part and parcel of the environment you live in, which is to give over your power to others. You could have understood this knowledge if you were not into group think, which gives you a false sense of confidence that what others say is the final word on whether this knowledge makes the grade. It's so sad to me, but one day Lessans will be vindicated. Maybe not in my lifetime, but eventually the truth will be known.

Quote:
You have no ability to convince either me or Spacemonkey, the only two people you will engage with here, as has become glaringly obvious. So, why are you still here?

Did you ever contact Wayne Dyer or Deepak Chopra?
I told you why I'm still here. I haven't decided to go somewhere else, but when I do, I will have no reason to come here. The fact that there are only two people who are trying to think objectively is not enough for me at this point. I don't mind naysayers, but I do mind the tactics people have used here. To me, these people are extremely arrogant and there is no way that I will have a chance. People are followers, and they will follow the leader. It's so obvious to me. This thread has already been ruined, which is exactly what David (who is threatened by this knowledge) hoped to achieve. But that won't stop people from buying the book, and if Lessans is right (which I believe he is), the truth will come out sooner or later.

Quote:
Also, your histrionics (Ruin it for everyone! Lies!) do not help make your case for being not mentally ill.
How many times have I told you that I am a natural skeptic, but there is no convincing you so I'm not going to argue. I really don't care what you think of me because it's not my business. I want to say that certain people (and you know who you are) have made it absolutely impossible for me to continue. This has nothing to do with the validity of this work.

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-25-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
LOL, most of these posts have been you weaseling and dissembling.
No, that's not true LadyShea. The way this knowledge has been handled, is the problem. There is no weaseling or dissembling. That's all in your head.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:22 PM

I wasn't using their positions to judge Lessans veracity. I was showing you the opportunities you blew with your weaseling and dissembling.

You need scientists to be convinced there is some basis for investigation in order to do any of the testing you need done, and you need publicity/marketing to get the word out. You had those opportunities here, but the material and your defense of it utterly failed to convince.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to him by aland histrionically demanding apologies.

I'm not being histrionic at all. I'm defending myself against lies. How in the world can I discuss a major discovery in an atmosphere like this? If Spacemonkey wants to engage with me, he has to stop making these crazy accusations just because he doesn't like the way I am responding. I certainly won't continue the conversation even though I believe he could have gotten a lot out of this book had the atmosphere been different in here.
peacegirl, you are a major contributor to the atmosphere here. But even if that is not so and it is everyone else that is to blame, why continue posting. If you believed what you write and were not mentally ill you would have left long ago. The reception you are complaining about has been going on for a good part of a year, and yet you continue to take it and complain about it and threaten to leave. But like a crazy obsessive compulsive you come back and waste your time here all the while complaining about it, don't you see how mentally ill that is?

Last edited by naturalist.atheist; 04-25-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I told you why I'm still here.
No you didn't

Quote:
I haven't decided to go somewhere else, but when I do, I will have no reason to come here. The fact that there are only two people who are trying to think objectively is not enough for me at this point. I don't mind naysayers, but I do mind the tactics people have used here. To me, these people are extremely arrogant and there is no way that I will have a chance. People are followers, and they will follow the leader. It's so obvious to me. This thread has already been ruined, which is exactly what David (who is threatened by this knowledge) hoped to achieve. But that won't stop people from buying the book, and if Lessans is right (which I believe he is), the truth will come out sooner or later.
Why are you still posting if this is how you feel? You are not acting rationally.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (04-25-2012)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy