Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: A revolution in thought

peacegirl, for the better part of a decade, a select few of us, the Initiates, have — in a private, by-invitation-only forum right here at :ff: — been conducting extensive hermeneutics and exegeses of the Authentic Text. Reminiscent of the Mithraic Mysteries, the Freemasons, and the Rosicrucians, to cite but a few examples, we go by various names — the Lessani, the Lessanics, the Lessanic Messianics, or, as I prefer for its pleasing fricative and sibilant simplicity, The Secret Society of Seymourians, oft rendered more parsimoniously as, The Seymourians. We have plumbed the text to astonishing depths, peeling back layer after layer of hidden meanings, like nested Russian dolls, and at this point it seems that, like the turtles of myth, it’s dolls all the way down, with no Final Truth to be had but rather an endlessly fecundating succession of New Truths and their offspring. The search for the Omphalos, the Source Truth, seems but a fool’s errand, but we keep digging.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to invite you to join The Seymourians at the current time. However, we would be happy to answer any simple questions about the text you might have, and leave you to try to work out the elusive yet allusive true nature of our answers. First, though, it might be best if you could answer a simple question that we have for you: what is The Discovery? We’ll see how you reply, and go from there.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-06-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
peacegirl, for the better part of a decade, a select few of us, the Initiates, have — in a private, by-invitation-only forum right here at :ff: — been conducting extensive hermeneutics and exegeses of the Authentic Text. Reminiscent of the Mithraic Mysteries, the Freemasons, and the Rosicrucians, to cite but a few examples, we go by various names — the Lessani, the Lessanics, the Lessanic Messianics, or, as I prefer for its pleasing fricative and sibilant simplicity, The Secret Society of Seymourians, oft rendered more parsimoniously as, The Seymourians. We have plumbed the text to astonishing depths, peeling back layer after layer of hidden meanings, like nested Russian dolls, and at this point it seems that, like the turtles of myth, it’s dolls all the way down, with no Final Truth to be had but rather an endlessly fecundating succession of New Truths and their offspring. The search for the Omphalos, the Source Truth, seems but a fool’s errand, but we keep digging.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to invite you to join The Seymourians at the current time. However, we would be happy to answer any simple questions about the text you might have, and leave you to try to work out the elusive yet allusive true nature of our answers. First, though, it might be best if you could answer a simple question that we have for you: what is The Discovery? We’ll see how you reply, and go from there.
No no no David, you just cant accept that your failure in understanding what “compelled, of your own free will” meant, which compels you to do what you can to save face by creating more and more lulz. That’s how hard it is to admit you and your cronies (who can’t answer one question about the foundational principles) will be proved wrong all in good time. I would never join your sardonic attempt to get people to laugh at this author’s expense. That’s all it is. What a waste!! The sad part of all this is that this knowledge can save lives, many lives. It’s not just an intellectual game of winners versus losers, or how smart you think you are in your self-importance. We all lose the longer this knowledge remains in obscurity!

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-06-2024 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:34 PM
Spiffiest wanger

I see. You can’t describe The Discovery. It’s what I expected, given that you have never been able to answer this critical gateway question since you made your debut here in 2011. But feel free anyway to ask any questions about the Authentic Text. Bear in mind that I shall be inclined to reply in cryptic Haiku.
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Example:

Dear Seymourians: Can you please explain The Parable of the Breasts?

Seymourians reply:

Female nipples sore.
What does the doctor prescribe?
Nothing. Man succors.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-06-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:49 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
It was explained but he ignored it just like he ignored why seeing the sun explode in real time is not a contradiction to not seeing each other for 8 minutes.

:chin: Reader - decide for yourself what the Authentic Text says.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-06-2024), davidm (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:51 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Variant, with an allusive rhyme:

Tit soreness occurs.
What does the doctor prescribe?
Nothing. Man succors.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:01 PM
Spiffiest wanger

In party news: The LSD-spiked punch has been ordered. It will be delivered by DoorDash.

Assigned, segregated seating has been prepared for the E, I, and G Homos. The vast majority of these partygoers will be of the E persuasion, because, well, you know.

I have reached out to Taylor Swift, but so far no reply.
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 03:04 PM

These trolls can't stop what they're doing. I don't know if there is a name for this in psychology. Sort of like gaslighting. If anyone here -- other than the 3 trolls -- wants to take up the challenge of reading the first three chapters, I'll be glad to answer any questions.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-06-2024, 03:19 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Yeah, I know Chuck has a copy. I just want there to be, like, a searchable PDF of the original text so we can look at it when Chuck's busy.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Old 02-06-2024, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
Yeah, I know Chuck has a copy. I just want there to be, like, a searchable PDF of the original text so we can look at it when Chuck's busy.
I spent 20+ years saving this author's work. Why are you depending on this imposter? I put Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought on Amazon. Just type in Seymour Lessans and you'll see his books and my compilation. On the website I created, he reads and elaborates on this particular book, which I'm trying to make available so people can read and hear the author at the same time. You can hear the author read and elaborate on the first chapter. Go to Books in the menu and click on Beyond the Framework. Scroll down and you will see the audio. Click on that. This audio was created by the author. It is right from the horse's mouth. What more do you want?

Old 02-06-2024, 05:23 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
The entire Corrupted Text - except the chapter on eternal life via pronoun usage - was once online in PDF. peacegirl actually got the chair of the philosophy department of the University of Northern Colorado to upload it to the university's server. Some people here downloaded it and started reading. Naturally, peacegirl lost her shit when people started pointing out the utter clownery of the Corrupted Text, so she had the PDF removed.

Of course, no one here knew until July 24, 2016 - True Steward Day - that peacegirl's Corrupted Text bore shockingly little resemblance to the actual work of Seymour Lessans. Thanks to ChuckF, the Authentic Text is hidden no more! World peace, which would have happened by the early to mid 1980s but for peacegirl burying the Author's true writings, is now assured.

Never have so many owed so much to one juicy cunt.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-07-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
The entire Corrupted Text - except the chapter on eternal life via pronoun usage - was once online in PDF. peacegirl actually got the chair of the philosophy department of the University of Northern Colorado to upload it to the university's server. Some people here downloaded it and started reading. Naturally, peacegirl lost her shit when people started pointing out the utter clownery of the Corrupted Text, so she had the PDF removed.

Of course, no one here knew until July 24, 2016 - True Steward Day - that peacegirl's Corrupted Text bore shockingly little resemblance to the actual work of Seymour Lessans. Thanks to ChuckF, the Authentic Text is hidden no more! World peace, which would have happened by the early to mid 1980s but for peacegirl burying the Author's true writings, is now assured.

Never have so many owed so much to one juicy cunt.
You're such a liar. I know you are getting satisfaction out of upsetting me. Yes, I did upload it and left out that one chapter. All of his books are as they were written by him. The pdf that was uploaded was my compilation which did not change the concept. What is wrong with you Maturin? Anyway, you have lied so much about me, nothing surprises me. I am not sure where you feel justified doing this, but if you're still living when this book is recognized, you will be apologetic, very very apologetic.

Old 02-06-2024, 06:01 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Honestly I'd probably pay a couple bucks for a PDF of the original, it's... definitely a thing. Peacegirl's version just seems like someone who didn't quite get it trying to Make It Seem Better.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:18 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
These trolls can't stop what they're doing.
According to the sacred text, nobody can stop what they are doing. Until they understand the sacred text.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-06-2024, 07:19 PM
Forum gadfly

Then a revolution in thought occurs, and millions of lives are saved.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-06-2024, 07:19 PM
Forum gadfly

Hey this shit is easy. I should become a goddamn prophet.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-06-2024, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Honestly I'd probably pay a couple bucks for a PDF of the original, it's... definitely a thing. Peacegirl's version just seems like someone who didn't quite get it trying to Make It Seem Better.
Appearances can be deceiving. Have you heard of that saying? How in the world can it seem like I'm someone who didn't quite get it, when you don't know what I get or don't get? Tell me. Did you notice that Chuck couldn't answer the most basic questions. Why are you depending on him? He's an imposter. All the books that I preserved are authentic. This place is nuts.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
These trolls can't stop what they're doing.
According to the sacred text, nobody can stop what they are doing. Until they understand the sacred text.
What do you mean that nobody can stop what they are doing? They can and they will, if they are hurting another unjustifiably. Understanding how to create the environmental conditions that allow peace worldwide is what this book is about. Even being a little curious would be a nice change, but these three frauds ruined it at your expense. You are the one losing out.

Old 02-06-2024, 09:17 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Quote:
Appearances can be deceiving. Have you heard of that saying? How in the world can it seem like I'm someone who didn't quite get it, when you don't know what I get or don't get? Tell me. Did you notice that Chuck couldn't answer the most basic questions. Why are you depending on him? He's an imposter. All the books that I preserved are authentic. This place is nuts.
We've gone over this before, the book as Lessans wrote it is more interesting than the book you edited. There's a certain amount of fun and raunchiness in the original. You seem intent on making it a Serious Text.

Nobody thinks Lessans is correct, regardless of the edition, but some people might actually get some enjoyment out of the original, like people still read and enjoy Norman Mailer.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-07-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
It was explained but he ignored it just like he ignored why seeing the sun explode in real time is not a contradiction to not seeing each other for 8 minutes.

:chin: Reader - decide for yourself what the Authentic Text says.
If the sun was not turned on until 12:00, it is obvious that we would not be able to see it regardless of whether we could see each other 8 minutes later. I do think he could have been clearer here. Bottom line: if the switch to the sun was not yet turned on, but light was traveling to earth which took 8 minutes, we would see each other 8 minutes later but we would not see the sun until God turned on the switch at 12 noon. To repeat, if the sun exploded but the light hadn't reached earth yet, we would see the sun explode in real time, but we would be unable to see each other. I know you don't want to believe that time has nothing to do with it because of how the eyes function, not how light functions. I know you're trying as hard as you can to make it appear that there is no rhyme or reason as to how this is possible. That's because you don't understand how efferent vision works.

“That is absolutely true, but this does not cause, it is a condition of sight. We simply need light to see.”

“Do you agree with this, Charlie?”

“I don’t agree or disagree yet because he hasn’t shown us what does cause the eyes to eventually focus.”

“This takes place for the first time when sense experience (hearing, taste, touch and smell — these are doorways in) awaken the brain which then focuses the eyes so that the child can look through them, as binoculars, at what exists around him. The eyes are the windows of the brain through which experience is gained not by what comes in on the waves of light that strike the optic nerve, but by what is looked at in relation to sense experience. This is an efferent, the other an afferent experience. In other words, if we on the earth were living in total darkness because God had not yet turned on the light of the sun, but we knew that he planned to flip the switch at 12 noon, it is true we would not be able to see it until 8 minutes later because there would not be any light until then since it is traveling towards us at a high rate of speed. But once the light is here it is here because the photons of light, emitted by the constant energy of the sun, surround us. When the earth rotates on its axis so the section on which we live is in darkness, this only means the photons of light are on the other side. When our rotation allows the sun to smile on us again, this does not mean that it takes another 8 minutes for this light to reach us because these photons are surrounding us. And if the sun were to explode while we were looking at it, we would see the instant it happened, not 8 minutes later. The reason we are able to see the moon, the sun, the distant stars, etc., is not because the one is 3 seconds away, the other 8 minutes away, and the last many light years away, but simply because these objects are large enough to be seen at their great distance when enough light is present. To put this another way and paraphrase your quotation: ‘If we could sit upon the star Rigel with a very powerful telescope focused upon the earth, we would be able to see the very same things going on right now that everybody else sees. This fallacy has come into existence because the eyes were considered a sense organ like the ears. Because it takes longer for the sound from an airplane to reach our ears when it is five thousand feet away than a thousand, it was assumed that the same thing occurred with the object sending a picture of itself on the wings of light.”

“But if it was possible to transmit a television picture from the earth to a planet as far away as the star Rigel, is it not true that the people living there would be seeing the ships of Columbus coming into America for the first time?”

“That is absolutely true, Charlie, because the picture is being transmitted through space at a certain rate of speed. But objects do not send out pictures that travel through space and impinge on the optic nerve. We see objects directly by looking at them, and it takes the same length of time to see an airplane, the moon, the sun, or distant stars. The scientists did the same thing Aristotle did. He assumed the eyes functioned like the other four, and they assumed he was right, which made all their reasoning fit what appeared to be undeniable. How else was it possible for knowledge to reach us through our eyes when they were compelled to believe that man had five senses? Were they given any choice?”

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-06-2024 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:29 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Also, I'm encouraging you, peacegirl, to take your own advice and stop engaging. At the very least, just ignore the people who are actively trolling you.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-07-2024), Crumb (02-08-2024), seebs (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 09:36 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

i do think it's clear that the original text made a kind of sense that the edited one doesn't. like, i don't think it's right, but it's less incoherent.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:38 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Also, I'm encouraging you, peacegirl, to take your own advice and stop engaging. At the very least, just ignore the people who are actively trolling you.

This is good advice, but I think at this point, the problem is that the trolling is the only engagement she's gonna get. Anyone who tries to ask questions quickly learns that she won't answer them and gives up.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-07-2024), specious_reasons (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. :wink:

Old 02-06-2024, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:

This is good advice, but I think at this point, the problem is that the trolling is the only engagement she's gonna get. Anyone who tries to ask questions quickly learns that she won't answer them and gives up.
That's not true. No one here has asked any relevant questions. No one. Do you get that?

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy