Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-03-2024, 09:24 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Wrong! They mean different things. He wrote both. They are not corrupted. You are being corrupted by Chuck. This place should be an experiment regarding how people follow others without any independent thought of their own.
"Independent thought" is a nice euphemism.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (02-04-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
Man, the Lessans estate should sue these people for besmirching his reputation with this edited book.
That book was not edited. Regardless, that’s not my thing. What’s sad though is that I haven’t been able to get the book reviewed by people like Sam Harris or people who are somebody’s. I need a certain type of open-minded intellectual who can back the book.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-03-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:30 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Old 02-03-2024, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
You’re running out of things to pick on him for. :yup:

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-03-2024, 11:16 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Oh, I assure you, we are not.

Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (02-04-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, I assure you, we are not.

You can make anything unrecognizable if that’s the goal, and it is your goal. You don’t understand the principles at all, or why he extended them the way he did. Again, you can take anything out of context, blow it up, and make something a joke. But this knowledge is important and you’re not going to diminish it by doing what you’re doing. What’s the discovery Chuck? You don’t have a clue.

Old 02-03-2024, 11:56 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:

No contradiction. You all just keep thinking in terms of the image needing to travel through time in order for it to be at the eye. You can’t fathom how this could be right but that does not make it wrong.
:roflmao:

Only peacegirl could look at two diametrically opposite takes on the same subject, allegedly written by the same person, and conclude there is no contradiction, nope, nothing to see here, folks!
Old 02-04-2024, 12:05 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Only peacegirl could look at two diametrically opposite takes on the same subject, allegedly written by the same person, and conclude there is no contradiction ...
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one Norm.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-04-2024, 12:06 AM
Forum gadfly

At long last I understand the reasons for this 13 years long thread.

- Richard P. Feynman
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 12:06 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

To my fellow citizens who study the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime:

Greetings! from me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

My attention is lately drawn to the upcoming 2100-page party for this thread, and my thoughts mathematically, scientifically and undeniably turn to how I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, may bring hope to a world in need on such an auspicious occasion.

Have we not expounded the Authentic Text that I rescued from obscurity? Have we not cleansed it of vile corruption? How next shall we uphold the Authentic Text, while rejecting blame of those who corrupt it for lucre?

Friends: rejoice! For I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, propose a new project to bring about the long-awaited Golden Age, and to accomplish what was never before possible - our deliverance from evil.

I propose to use modern technology to restore the voice of the Author. As you know, the very voice of the Author was blamefully corrupted the pursuit of lucre, his precious tapes blamefully mutilated. Perhaps most tragically, the Author was deceased and unable to defend himself from this cruelest form of the first blow! Fortunately, the tapes were - and still are - published for anyone to download and listen to over the Internet, with a single click.

Is it not time, friends, to use artificial intelligence, trained upon this corrupt corpus, to clone the voice of Seymour Lessans, who may then recite the Authentic Text, in his own voice, without fear of corruption? To revive the voice of the Author and liberate it from the clutches of those who would enslave it to Mammon? Let us spin a Golden Age from this soiled straw of the corrupted tapes.

And who can say what new insights the Author may bring to this modern world!

All of this, of course, will be free of charge.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-04-2024), davidm (02-04-2024), JoeP (02-04-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 12:50 AM
Forum gadfly

I approve of your sardonic tactic

- Richard P. Feynman
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 01:32 AM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Is it not time, friends, to use artificial intelligence, trained upon this corrupt corpus, to clone the voice of Seymour Lessans, who may then recite the Authentic Text, in his own voice, without fear of corruption? To revive the voice of the Author and liberate it from the clutches of those who would enslave it to Mammon? Let us spin a Golden Age from this soiled straw of the corrupted tapes.
:applaud:

It will be as though Lessans himself left the Germinal World of Potential Consciousness, crossed the sacred river of germinal substance, and returned to us!

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-04-2024), ChuckF (02-04-2024), davidm (02-04-2024), JoeP (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 07:19 AM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Friends: rejoice! For I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, propose a new project to bring about the long-awaited Golden Age, and to accomplish what was never before possible - our deliverance from evil.
Do you mean this Golden Age?
Quote:
Ultimately, every word and line in every L. Ron Hubbard book was researched, verified or corrected by Mr. Miscavige to ensure absolute purity.
Golden Age of Knowledge

Or do you mean this totally unrelated Golden Age?

Quote:
All of this, of course, will be free of charge.
But, then, how do you explain this?

David Miscavige: A Seagoing Religious Retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
It will be as though Lessans himself left the Germinal World of Potential Consciousness, crossed the sacred river of germinal substance, and returned to us!
... no way am I giving myself more homework to reply to this one. But, "returning to you," hmm.
Old 02-04-2024, 01:57 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
:applaud:

It is indeed heartening, but let’s not forget that somewhere out there, Seymour really is still among us, for after death he rode the river of germinal jizz through bardo, emerging on the other side as a brand-new personal pronoun. This is of course why he castigated the Jews for hating on the Holocaust, because they are still alive as entirely different (efferent?) people, so they should quit their bellyachin’ already.
Thanks, from:
Old 02-04-2024, 02:02 PM
Spiffiest wanger

As to the forthcoming party, Chuck’s AI Lessans contribution will certainly be the centerpiece of it, along with the LSD-spiked punch, but someone will need to oversee segregating the homo-sexuals according to their respective letters.
Old 02-04-2024, 02:09 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Also, should we invite Taylor Swift to the party, just to spite the MAGAtards?
Old 02-04-2024, 02:30 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
... segregating the homo-sexuals ..
If a homo-sexual falls back in love with his teenage sweetheart, will he be cured?

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-04-2024, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
If a homo-sexual falls back in love with his teenage sweetheart, will he be cured?
Do you see what David is doing? This author never said that homosexuality was a sickness that needs a cure.

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-04-2024 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2024, 03:32 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
You have to understand his reasoning as to why man’s will is not free.
Are you free?

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-04-2024, 04:11 PM

Quote:
At long last I understand the reasons for this 13 years long thread.
Reallly? I'm glad you are at least trying. Can you tell me what his main discovery is? I am not intending to show you up. I just want to know where your starting point is.

Old 02-04-2024, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You have to understand his reasoning as to why man’s will is not free.
Are you free?
Not when it comes down to the debate over free will. Please don't insert other definitions which could cause great confusion.

Old 02-04-2024, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
OMG, these idiots have brainwashed you. He never said homosexuality was wrong. He said it was nobody's business. But, of course, they would never let you in on that because they are trying to omit anything that shows this was not his point in even bringing this issue up. They took one sentence out of context and went with it. They have no interest in the book at all. They just want to grab sentences without a context to make it appear prejudiced. It's nuts.

Old 02-04-2024, 04:31 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
OMG, these idiots have brainwashed you. He never said homosexuality was wrong. He said it was nobody's business. But, of course, they would never let you in on that because they are trying to omit anything that shows this was not his point in even bringing this issue up. They took one sentence out of context and went with it. They have no interest in the book at all. They just want to grab sentences without a context to make it appear prejudiced. It's nuts.
peacegirl, you are the only person who has ever ascribed prejudice to the Author. We who interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime know that inherited and glandular homo-sexuals are "free to find a partner without blame." The environmental homo-sexuals will simply be compelled to fall by the wayside -- in due time.

We know that the Author was no homophobe, because we intepret the Authentic Text. That stands in stark contrast to you, peacegirl, who so hatefully and blamefully likens homosexuality to "crime, hatred, poverty, war".

How blamefully you reject the Authentic Text in favor of your own hateful prejudices, peacegirl. We must conclude this part and parcel of your lust for money.

You should be ashamed, but you are incapable of it.
Thanks, from:
Old 02-04-2024, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, you are the only person who has ever ascribed prejudice to the Author. We who interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime know that inherited and glandular homo-sexuals are "free to find a partner without blame." The environmental homo-sexuals will simply be compelled to fall by the wayside -- in due time.

We know that the Author was no homophobe, because we intepret the Authentic Text. That stands in stark contrast to you, peacegirl, who so hatefully and blamefully likens homosexuality to "crime, hatred, poverty, war".

How blamefully you reject the Authentic Text in favor of your own hateful prejudices, peacegirl. We must conclude this part and parcel of your lust for money.

You should be ashamed, but you are incapable of it.
He was the most unprejudiced man you would ever want to meet. You won't win Chuck because he was not what you are trying to portray.

p. 96 of The Secret:

“This whole thing is simply fantastic, incredible!”
“I agree, Charlie, but what about the marriages that are already here? And what about homosexuals?”
“In a relatively short period of time, only the new marriages will be in existence. As for homosexuals, they are free to find a partner without blame. This is their business.

Old 02-04-2024, 05:29 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
When peacegirl writes a post that accidentally reveals who she truly is, she usually treats it as she treated the Authentic Text of Seymour Lessans, i.e., via scrubbing. Sadly for her, that post is far too old for her to scrub. I confess being quite amused when she attempted to defend herself by arguing that her hateful homophobia lost is character as such because she spread it out over multiple sentences. Good times. :yup:

We should also note for the benefit of the newcomers that when the Author wrote that "98%" of all homo-sexual activity was of the environmental variety, he did not mean that literally. He simply used 98% as a sort of shorthand for "virtually all."

~ S. Maturin
Citizen Doctor (Dispensing No Advice, Accepting No Fee)

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-04-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy