Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway

Old 02-17-2024, 10:44 PM
mesospheric bore

Default Re: If you think you know me...

@256 colors

FX will make wildly incorrect assumptions about what others think and never bother with the basic courtesy or curiosity of finding out their actual opinions. And when he's committed to a belief there's little point discussing it other than for your own amusement, he'll usually just misrepresent or evade whilst smugly convincing himself he's better than everyone else.

Occasionally some glimpses of actual decent humanity shine through the cracks but it would take a lot of patience to chip away at that particular plaster.

Still beats Gurdur though (despite also being transphobic).
256 colors (02-18-2024), Crumb (02-17-2024), JoeP (02-18-2024), Sock Puppet (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 04:39 AM
Karma is Rael

okay... I spent an hour and a half on a very carefully detailed reply to Crumb and fragment. I've been typing nonstop, copying, pasting, formatting...

... but in my new Chromebook, there is no "Undo" option in the event that I somehow suddenly delete everything I was working on.

Eh. Better now than later, right?
Old 02-18-2024, 07:17 AM
Adequately Crumbulent

Arg, that's the worst.
256 colors (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 01:11 PM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 colors View Post
Gurdur was a transphobe this whole time? Did anyone know?
OK things just went sideways.

You are obviously talking about somebody who uses Gurdur as a log in name. But I never heard of anyone with that log in.

Nor do I give a single fuck.
FX, congratulations on coming out as not giving a single fuck! Do you identify as asexual, greysexual, demisexual, celibate, or virgin?

I'll go with "virgin" since you seem to really need to go get fucked, Virgin FX.

Don't be here on :ff: acting like you know me, after I have doxxed myself in several 2024 posts here, while you remain invested in your imaginary beliefs about where I posted online between 2017 and January 2024, Virgin FX. Do not additionally confuse and conflate me with an entirely different human person and poster on another forum that I was never even registered on, or saw, or knew of.

Especially don't say your stupid shit about me being an entirely different person, when both I and the other human person have been identified in the flesh (for real, in real life, this is not a joke) by numerous other forums users, Virgin FX.

So. Gurdur, in this context, is Tim Skellet Gurdur of Heathen Hangout, who :ff: and former IIDB users may remember, and may be glad they no longer inrteract with.

Since you give not a single fuck, Virgin FX, and also since you very clearly do not use search engines, and since your sweet tight little starfish still shit on me, personally, for no reason, anyway, then, I Googled For You.

Gurdur on TwitterX (where transphobes and other idiots post):
Quote:
Got a neighbour to help take the photo. #FreeIran, #FreeIranTelethon, #FreeIran2022, #Unselfie. Me, Tim Skellet, a.k.a. @Gurdur , an Australian living in Germany, outside my front door tonight. [This is how I look now that I wear glasses].
Here's his glossary of transphobic, science-denying bullshit:

Some terms, explained, Part 1
Because it's easier all round to be savvy and helpful

Ah, marketing. Gurdur is neither savvy nor helpful.

This old white man declares his denial of science and language openly. Not Richard Dawkins, the Head Transphobe of New Atheism. I mean Gurdur.

To Gurdur, transgender people 1) do not exist at all, in his dusty little mind, because he believes that a trans person is
Quote:
person living, part-time or full-time, as the other sex
And/or is never a man:

Quote:
only mean for some presenting as female
Gurdur TwitterX profile:
Quote:
Tim Skellett @Gurdur
Me: interests: #scicomm, books, gardening, philosophy, science journalism, photography, #nature, #travel, #DiscWorld, and so on.
It is not science journalism of any kind.

Gurdur identifies on Substack
Quote:
On Twitter, I’m @Gurdur; on Counter.Social, I’m Gurdur again, and on Mastodon I’m once again @Gurdur@med-mastodon.com.
Gurdur Tim Skellet spourts unscientific bigotry to justify his backwards beliefs that you said I was wrong about, Virgin FX.

His TwitterX and his Substack promote, link to, and support, other public transphobes.

Use the internet you're using to search for evidence to support your claims, and/or to view the sources for my claims, Virgin FX. Some browsers even let you use different tabs.

Oh FX, if your above statement declaring celibacy is based in loss of libido due to age, illness, or other circumstances, then, I apologize for calling you a virgin instead just saying that you are impotent.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-19-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 01:58 PM
Admin

Ah, welcome back 256. So many people have come and gone over the years that when I didn't recognize your handle I assumed you were a former poster I just didn't remember, but the refs to WinAce and Gurdur piqued my curiosity enough that I had a look through the archives. My memory is shit so forgive me for not remembering whether we had love, hate, or love/hate interactions in the past, but for what it's worth I'm glad you found your way back to whatever this place is for you.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-20-2024), Crumb (02-19-2024), JoeP (02-18-2024), Sock Puppet (02-19-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 02:26 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
What if I am 100% sure I don't know you, but I know your sock?
FYI I was just fucking with you. I doubt I know you, or your socks, and even if I did, still don't care.

I mostly respond to what is on the page, not made up shit in my head about others.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-20-2024, 01:21 AM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
Ah, welcome back 256. So many people have come and gone over the years that when I didn't recognize your handle I assumed you were a former poster I just didn't remember, but the refs to WinAce and Gurdur piqued my curiosity enough that I had a look through the archives. My memory is shit so forgive me for not remembering whether we had love, hate, or love/hate interactions in the past, but for what it's worth I'm glad you found your way back to whatever this place is for you.
Hey VM, thank you so much for welcoming me back here to :ff:. This was one forum I posted on "as ELGS" around 2002, 2003, "before IIDB," and during, maybe? - and, idk what else.

I remember a resistance to "organized atheism" and nonprofits here on :ff: (yes, I do love this emoji). GOOD LORT. You folks were right, but not for the right reasons. You didn't know what you didn't know.

After Allan died, a lot of us (internet atheists, if you will) split up. I wonder if lpetrich is still keeping a flowchart of the schisms and forums of the parts of the atheist Diaspora he was following. I'm not gonna ask, or go to Secular Cafe.

blah blah. Shit happened. I was ashamed; but I missed you, and the others here, so I made another account, not gonna name it, I hope no one else does, thanks. Not gonna even try to find it or use it or read old posts; my recolletion is that I was being social, and was in the fun threads.

This is a public, searchable thread; I forgot how to forum. Had to relearn BB code, you old, decrepit, ancient -- how dare you. :tmlol:

In case you haven't noticed, I still make way-long posts, and, I still like to reply to posts. I ask questions. I want to know why people think and do things, so I ask. Sometimes I ask a lot, which nobody likes. It isn't (always) a value judgment; I just want to make sure I understand what they mean. I want to understand the variables, so, I ask (all at once). I do not care why. Is there a reason why? Cool, lemme know, and it's all good.

If anyone is interested in my [shitposts] and has a [Meta (tbd)] Facebook account, I'm doing whatever the fuck over there, you can find me; but damn, you are not prepared. I've been Zucc'd for ages. Down to 100 FB Friends, those kind souls. Nah, I'm not asking anyone on :ff: to "Friend me." I got heads on pikes all over, until I hide those posts.

I have a lot more media to consume, as, I missed out on a LOT of pop culture for a lot of years for a lot of reasons. My current hobbies include writing parody lyrics about memes, and sharing my musical interests, which include every genre, except my kids' music... that's a joke. oh, I think I'm funny as fuck. It HAS to be funny. Or else, why?

I also enjoy never editing anything, because fuck the LLM, and fuck AI, too.

I like rhyming and writing lyrics. I'm following stand-up comedy and musicians on YouTube, and botheriing the hell out of them, too. But, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I have a lot of ideas, but. Who cares.

Did you know that domestic violence causes brain damage that is measurable on an fMRI? Have you ever heard of Alexithymia or Hyperlexia? Oh, and Dyscalculia, ha, I think it was cheaper and easier to teach Americans that we were "bad at math" than it was to teach us that there was a learning disorder related to numbers that was the same as Dyslexia, but, with numbers. I wonder if it exists in places that use the metric system.

anyone who thinks I post "TMI" makes me laugh, because, no I don't. lol. I aint typin shit without a lot of legal advice first, shit.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (02-20-2024), viscousmemories (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 01:25 AM
Karma is Rael

oh, and, I have not yet learned how to put the Spellcheck back on my interwebs, but, fuck the LLM.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:28 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
oh, I think I'm funny as fuck. .
I suffer the same horror.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-20-2024, 03:34 AM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Quote:
oh, I think I'm funny as fuck. .
I suffer the same horror.
We all suffer, as a result.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-20-2024), JoeP (02-20-2024), Sock Puppet (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 06:26 AM
Forum gadfly

Nah. Trust me. The only people who suffer from reading shit on the internet, are people who like to suffer.

It gives meaning to their lives.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-20-2024, 06:29 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
I wonder if lpetrich is still keeping a flowchart of the schisms and forums of the parts of the atheist Diaspora he was following.
This flowchart has been discussed at :ff: but long ago. I'd be surprised if he's maintaining it.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 02-20-2024, 07:49 AM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Quote:
I wonder if lpetrich is still keeping a flowchart of the schisms and forums of the parts of the atheist Diaspora he was following.
This flowchart has been discussed at :ff: but long ago. I'd be surprised if he's maintaining it.
My memory regarding that chart is hazy. I think the chart was already wrong the first time I ever saw it. I had registered ELGS on literally every possible message board, forum, chat, etc, before 2003; I don't think the chart had even half of those forums listed.

haha, what if we worked on it and I forgot.

GOOD.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:55 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
I think the chart was already wrong the first time I ever saw it.
There was discussion here of it being wrong.

Quote:
haha, what if we worked on it and I forgot.
and there was discussion of people forgetting being involved!

I must find those thrads

Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 08:20 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
I must find those thrads
Oh look:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
Yeah, there have been like 20 diasporas over the years. How've you been, MW?
in b4 LP posts his IIDB migration flowchart
lp does in fact post some links a couple of pages later in that thread

But that's not the discussion I was thinking of

OK this:
So what's the deal with all the freethinker forums? - Freethought Forum
wherein I did a remix which I later forgot about
Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. - Freethought Forum

Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-20-2024), Miisa (02-20-2024), viscousmemories (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 12:59 PM
Admin

Thank god you forgot you wrote it just a year later; makes me feel much better about not recognizing it at all 14 years later. It is brilliant, though. I feel like merely "thanks'ing" it was a gross impropriety on my part.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-20-2024), JoeP (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 01:22 PM
Admin

Btw this history of the :ff: was written around the time we opened, so is more likely to be historically accurate than anything I would say today.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-20-2024), JoeP (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 01:35 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Quote:
I must find those thrads
Oh look:
:2thumbsup:

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

How far down the rabbit hole do I go?
256 colors (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Forum gadfly

It's not that deep pf a hole

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-20-2024, 05:56 PM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
How far down the rabbit hole do I go?
idk, Crumb. I'm trying to remember, and figure things out. I'm still not sure of some things; Google is not my friend.

Reading the :ff: history today has helped a lot. I have a few things to add, maybe, not sure.

"a few" haha

Quote:
It's not that deep pf a hole
That's what she said, FX...

... when she told you that size doesn't matter.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:14 PM
Forum gadfly

Your mom

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-21-2024, 08:01 AM
Karma is Rael

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
Btw this history of the :ff: was written around the time we opened, so is more likely to be historically accurate than anything I would say today.
Hey, vm, thanks for this, what a read.

Maybe this is the history of the academics, scholars, lawyers, and people of means, who had a specific ideology to both promote and protect?

Then the internet showed up, to the internet?
Thanks, from:
viscousmemories (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 12:05 PM
Forum gadfly

I think that might be my favorite thing ever

- Richard P. Feynman

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway