Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-08-2016, 03:49 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
It seems today will not be the day where Peacegirl provides honest and direct answers to my reasonable and relevant questions. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow? I'm sure she could squeeze the necessary five words in somewhere between all the insults and personal attacks she has planned.
You are such an infernal optimist.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Funny that you know so much about him since you never met him. Once again, you are portraying him as someone he wasn't. He hardly drank, except for an occasional highball at a party. You are living up to your name: IGNORANT JERK!
Possibly true, but more likely that you are so blinded by your devotion to your father that you just can't see the truth. It's true enough that alcohol isn't the only thing that could cause your fathers delusions but it's a likely blame. His delusions were probably caused by his lack of education and the intoxicating success that he experienced at pool. He probably believed that since he was so good at billiards that he must be correct about everything, even though he was completely detached from reality about everything else. People don't behave like billiard balls, and that is where he made his mistake, to think that he could predict the actions of individuals in the same way he could predict the motion of a ball on the table. It's funny how a little education could have saved him and you from all this delusion and error.
To talk about a man you knew nothing about is the definition of insanity. :wave:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
To talk about a man you knew nothing about is the definition of insanity. :wave:
And pontificating confidently on topics one knows nothing about? How sane is that?

My questions still await your attention. Have you time now to post five words in response?
Angakuk (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 04:16 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
To talk about a man you knew nothing about is the definition of insanity.
That is rich, as you are the very definition of insanity. And I am nothing like you are.

Might I remind you that you have made several statements about me, and you have even less to go on than I do. I have your fathers book, and you have a few posts on this forum, which you don't understand.
Stormlight (02-24-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
Hypocrisy, thy name is peacegirl.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-09-2016), The Man (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
At the very least, I hope you will keep an open mind. I doubt it after hearing your attack on me and my character. :(

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-08-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
At the very least, I hope you will keep an open mind. I doubt it after hearing your attack on me and my character. :(
Are you asking that every keep a mind as open as yours? In that case all our minds would be welded shut.

Most of the minds here are relatively open and your fathers book is the one subject where most have come to a conclusion, Lessans was wrong. You are the one person displaying a completely closed mind, you refuse to accept anything other than your father was right. Some here have had 13 years to consider your fathers book and ideas, that is hardly rushing to judgement, if anything, considering your refusal to answer questions, many here have exhibited extreme patience with you and your corruption of your fathers book.
Angakuk (02-09-2016), Spacemonkey (02-08-2016), The Lone Ranger (02-08-2016), The Man (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:

I doubt it after hearing your attack on me and my character.
That is hardly an attack, more like just pointing out a character flaw.

Much like the statement "I didn't mean to insult you when I called you stupid, I thought you knew."
Spacemonkey (02-08-2016), Stormlight (02-24-2016), The Man (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That is rich, as you are the very definition of insanity. And I am nothing like you are.

Might I remind you that you have made several statements about me, and you have even less to go on than I do. I have your fathers book, and you have a few posts on this forum, which you don't understand.
Having a book in your possession and understanding it are two different things. You have not studied this work, not even a little bit. You have misconstrued everything from the basic principle to how it's extended. Why can't you admit that you don't have the brainpower to grasp it, or you have a huge block. I'm not sure which one.

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-09-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
And pontificating confidently on topics one knows nothing about? How sane is that?

My questions still await your attention. Have you time now to post five words in response?
Bump.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have said that there will be green photons at the retina a nanosecond after the traffic light turns green...

When and where did those photons begin to exist?
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film or retina on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film or retina when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film/retina by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the film/retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film/retina at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Five words, Peacegirl. Five words and a little bit of honesty. Is that too much to ask?
Bump.
Bump.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Why can't you admit that you don't have the brainpower to grasp it, or you have a huge block. I'm not sure which one.
Is this a case of the Pot calling the Kettle black?

In any event I think the bolded statement is accurate, (I'm being polite).
Old 02-08-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
You have said that there will be green photons at the retina a nanosecond after the traffic light turns green...

When and where did those photons begin to exist?
I will assume that Peacegirl hasn't read or understood my answer to this question.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I will assume that Peacegirl hasn't read or understood...
Always a safe bet.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:59 AM
Spiffiest wanger

While peacegirl is in hiding, resetting her brain and hoping everyone forgets (no one will) her latest debacles, we have this news about the long-sought confirmation of gravitational waves.
From the article:
Quote:
Marka said to think of it as a "cosmic microphone," an incredibly precise listening device that can detect distortions in space-time, the fabric of the universe
Bold mine. Remember, peacegirl? That stuff that according to you can’t be distorted because it doesn’t exist? :lol:

Of course spacetime distortion has been detected many other ways (such as gravitational lensing) but the detection of gravitational waves will open up new areas of science. Science, the stuff that Lessans never did.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-11-2016), But (02-11-2016), ChuckF (02-12-2016), Dragar (02-11-2016), Stephen Maturin (02-11-2016), Stormlight (02-24-2016), The Man (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 03:04 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
While peacegirl is in hiding, resetting her brain and hoping everyone forgets (no one will) her latest debacles, we have this news about the long-sought confirmation of gravitational waves.
From the article:
Quote:
Marka said to think of it as a "cosmic microphone," an incredibly precise listening device that can detect distortions in space-time, the fabric of the universe
Bold mine. Remember, peacegirl? That stuff that according to you can’t be distorted because it doesn’t exist? :lol:

Of course spacetime distortion has been detected many other ways (such as gravitational lensing) but the detection of gravitational waves will open up new areas of science. Science, the stuff that Lessans never did.
To quote Peacegirl, "Something else is going on".
Angakuk (02-11-2016), Stormlight (02-24-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 02:22 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Giants on the Cosmic Frontier - YouTube
Old 02-23-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The biggest argument came from Jupiter Io. There is an alternate explanation. So what did I get? The spewing of hatred against me. :innocent:
What is that "alternate explanation"?

:unallears:
I gave it already, and it was simply ignored. Isn't that what you all do? Out of sight, out of mind? :popcorn:
Oh, do give it again, you lying sack of shit. :shit: If only to edify all the lurkers (lol) out there who may have missed it!
I believe it had something to do with speculation on her part regarding irregularities in Io's orbit.
Yes, the moon is supposed to speed up and slow down in its orbit for no reason whatsoever which happens to violate conservation of angular momentum on an astronomical scale, also Voyager and Cassini somehow overlooked this effect.
[quote=But;1250257]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The biggest argument came from Jupiter Io. There is an alternate explanation. So what did I get? The spewing of hatred against me. :innocent:
What is that "alternate explanation"?

:unallears:
I gave it already, and it was simply ignored. Isn't that what you all do? Out of sight, out of mind? :popcorn:
Oh, do give it again, you lying sack of shit. :shit: If only to edify all the lurkers (lol) out there who may have missed it!
I believe it had something to do with speculation on her part regarding irregularities in Io's orbit.
Yes, the moon is supposed to speed up and slow down in its orbit for no reason whatsoever which happens to violate conservation of angular momentum on an astronomical scale, also Voyager and Cassini somehow overlooked this effect.

What is the gravity of the moon?

Old 02-24-2016, 02:09 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
No, the Moon Io doesn't speed up and slow down for no reason, the reasons are well understood and well explained, all you need to do is to educate yourself just a little bit. The conservation of angular momentum is well explained by the known orbit of the moon, there is no discrepancy at all. Only people who don't understand it and refuse to educate themselves on the subject, throw up their hands and say "it must be magic".
The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:14 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Except that there are no irregularities in Io's orbit that have not been explained by the knows laws of orbital mechanics. It's just Peacegirls stupidity that allows her to think that there is something that has gone without explanation.
Angakuk (02-24-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
No, the Moon Io doesn't speed up and slow down for no reason, the reasons are well understood and well explained, all you need to do is to educate yourself just a little bit. The conservation of angular momentum is well explained by the known orbit of the moon, there is no discrepancy at all. Only people who don't understand it and refuse to educate themselves on the subject, throw up their hands and say "it must be magic".
Two of Jupiter's satellites, Europa and Ganymede, pull Io into an elliptical orbit around Jupiter. Differences in the strength of Jupiter's gravitational pull as the distance between the planet and Io varies causes slight changes in Io's shape.

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/...stem_level2/io.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Two of Jupiter's satellites, Europa and Ganymede, pull Io into an elliptical orbit around Jupiter. Differences in the strength of Jupiter's gravitational pull as the distance between the planet and Io varies causes slight changes in Io's shape.

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/...stem_level2/io.
The changes in velocity of the orbit and the change in shape due to gravity are not "for no reason" the reasons are well understood and accounted for by what the scientists have learned about these bodies. There is no violation of the conservation of angular momentum, do you even have any concept of what this is? or are you just throwing out terms as a smoke screen to mask your ignorance.
Angakuk (02-25-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

StarChild: Status Code 404 Dynamic Web Page.
The changes in velocity of the orbit and the change in shape due to gravity are not "for no reason" the reasons are well understood and accounted for by what the scientists have learned about these bodies. There is no violation of the conservation of angular momentum, do you even have any concept of what this is? or are you just throwing out terms as a smoke screen to mask your ignorance.
Stop blathering doc. I never said the change in shape was for no reason. It has a reason. No one suggested that the conservation of angular momentum was being disrupted. You're a total fake.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:26 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

StarChild: Status Code 404 Dynamic Web Page.
Stop blathering doc. I never said the change in shape was for no reason. It has a reason. No one suggested that the conservation of angular momentum was being disrupted. You're a total fake.
Yes, I said that. If we see in real time, that means Io's orbit speeds up when it gets closer to Earth and slows down when it moves away (for no apparent reason), at the same time the shape of the orbit doesn't change, which is what violates conservation of angular momentum. That the speed changes during a single orbital period when the orbit isn't a circle is something completely different and is described accurately by the known laws of gravity.

But I guess you have no idea what any of this means.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-25-2016), Dragar (02-24-2016), Stormlight (02-24-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy