Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 01-31-2016, 08:25 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Me: Where and when did these green photons begin to exist?
You: When the object turned green.
I did not say that.
You did so! Why do you keep lying about your own words, when we can SHOW YOU where you said them? Look:

Quote:
Quote:
Where and when did these green photons begin to exist?
When the object turned green.
Were those your words? Do you remember typing them?

Quote:
We see the light turn green instantly if it meets the conditions, which does not mean the green wavelength/frequency began to exist at that instant. How would we be able to use that light to see if it just came into existence?
I don't know. It's your bizarre theory, not mine. If the green photons at the retina existed before the light turned green, where did they come from and when did they begin to exist?

Quote:
IOW, we would not be able to see the Sun turned on instantly if the light had not become luminous enough which takes time but not the time that you imagine (not 8 minutes). Just like the candle being turned on, it doesn't take more than a nanosecond for that light to be at our eyes because it's a closed system.
We were not talking about the Sun or a candle. We were talking about a very distant traffic light. Do the green photons come from the traffic light, and travel from there to the retina in a nanosecond? If so, you have them traveling faster than light; if not, then where and when did they begin to exist?

Quote:
It doesn't matter. There has to be enough light for the object to be seen. In this case we would see the traffic light change instantly, about the length of time it would take the light from a candle to be at our eyes in a closed room.
Of course it matters. You can't tell me the green photons will be travelling in a direction determined by the angle at which they struck the object when they haven't struck any object.

You are now rejecting your previous claim that there will be green photons instantly at the retina, claiming instead that there will be some minuscule time delay. Fine, but that still doesn't answer my question of where and when these green photons began to exist. If they came from the traffic light, then you have them travelling faster than the speed of light—and you also have them getting to the retina, contrary to your previous denials.

Quote:
No, the photons that you're speaking of do not begin to exist at that instant.
Fine, then when do they begin to exist? Before or after the traffic light turns green? And where are they when they first begin to exist?

Quote:
They travel, but the travel time is virtually nil. That's what you are not grasping. You still think that light has to travel (the afferent model of sight) 8 minutes to reach our eyes for us to utilize that light. But that's not the case in the efferent model. That's why Lessans said light has to be at the object ONLY. That is also why we would be able to see the Sun being turned on, but not see each other for 8 minutes. Do you even understand what I'm saying?
Do you understand what you're saying? Where are these green photons travelling from, where are they travelling to, and have they covered this distance faster than the speed of light? Photons cannot travel huge distances in a nanosecond. Light cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

Quote:
What do you mean, WHERE are these photons or in what direction will they be traveling.
I mean just that. It's a perfectly simple question expressed in clear English. What part of the question confuses you? I can re-express the question taking into account your nanosecond time-delay if you like:

You have said that there will be green photons near-instantly at the retina, in less time than it would take them to travel from the newly-turned-green traffic light to the retina, so...

(Please note that this question has nothing to do with whether or not there is any information in the travelling light.)
Bump.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
STOP THE BS!!! :wave:
Stop the lies and evasion.

Quote:
Quote:
I have said that the photons are at the retina if the conditions of efferent vision are met.
This part of YOUR account is what these questions are asking you about. They are not based on the afferent account, and do not make any afferent assumptions. Please answer them from the efferent perspective based only on your own account.

Quote:
Please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film or retina on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film or retina when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the film/retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film/retina at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Five words and you're done. Is that so hard?
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
You are working overtime Stephen Dumbfuck...
Charming. I think I'll take a screenshot and email this to your grandchildren so they can see how bravely you are fighting the good fight. Won't they be proud!
The Man (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Charming. I think I'll take a screenshot and email this to your grandchildren so they can see how bravely you are fighting the good fight. Won't they be proud!
Yup, if he can call my father Daddy Dumbfuck, I can call him Stephen Dumbfuck because that's exactly what he deserves. :yup:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 01-31-2016, 09:14 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

peacegirl, have you figured out yet why Jupiter's orientation is off by tens of degrees when viewed from Earth versus a space probe close to it? What about Romer's observations of Jupiter's moons? How does NASA manage to land space probes?

Light changing wavelengths instantly contradicts a large part of the known and tested laws of nature. How is it possible that no one has noticed that Einstein's relativity, Maxwell's electromagnetism and probably a lot of other things are wrong?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-02-2016), Spacemonkey (01-31-2016), The Man (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup, if he can call my father Daddy Dumbfuck, I can call him Stephen Dumbfuck because that's exactly what he deserves. :yup:
Yes, your grandchildren will be so impressed by how you stoop to the level of those you dislike. I'm sure they'll be equally impressed with how you blatantly lie about what you've said. Can't you just hear their little voices? "Yeah, Grandma," they'll say. "Swear at that guy some more! And now lie again about what you just said before! Lie for Lessans, Grandma!"
Angakuk (02-02-2016), The Man (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, your grandchildren will be so impressed by how you stoop to the level of those you dislike. I'm sure they'll be equally impressed with how you blatantly lie about what you've said. Can't you just hear their little voices? "Yeah, Grandma," they'll say. "Swear at that guy some more! And now lie again about what you just said before! Lie for Lessans, Grandma!"
Yes, I will stoop to his level because I'm sick of his demeanor. I will fight back! :fuming:

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 01-31-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
To summarize: Like "I could care less" and "is comprised of", it's broken language that makes you sound like an idiot.
Sorry, but I speak English and I'm entitled to use colloquialisms at my discretion. It makes you look desperate to find something, anything, that makes me look bad because you don't want to believe Lessans knew what he was talking about. It's not working.
Yes, you are free to sound like an idiot if you wish.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-02-2016), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2016), The Man (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, have you figured out yet why Jupiter's orientation is off by tens of degrees when viewed from Earth versus a space probe close to it? What about Romer's observations of Jupiter's moons? How does NASA manage to land space probes?

Light changing wavelengths instantly contradicts a large part of the known and tested laws of nature. How is it possible that no one has noticed that Einstein's relativity, Maxwell's electromagnetism and probably a lot of other things are wrong?
I don't know how Maxwell's electromagnetism is disproved because of this claim. I do know that time is not a dimension, so it cannot bend. How can you bend something through gravity that doesn't exist? Sorry Einstein. :( This is a new concept. No one in the field would have made this discovery because it is assumed that the eyes are a sense organ. It took someone out of the field to even question it.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To summarize: Like "I could care less" and "is comprised of", it's broken language that makes you sound like an idiot.
Sorry, but I speak English and I'm entitled to use colloquialisms at my discretion. It makes you look desperate to find something, anything, that makes me look bad because you don't want to believe Lessans knew what he was talking about. It's not working.
Yes, you are free to sound like an idiot if you wish.
To you maybe. This would not cause anyone to think I'm an idiot. You are acting so desperate. Why do you resent me so much? I'm only sharing a claim that I believe is true. That doesn't make me an ogre. :sadcheer:

Old 01-31-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I will stoop to his level because I'm sick of his demeanor. I will fight back! :fuming:
And your lying? And refusal to answer questions?
Angakuk (02-02-2016), The Man (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I don't know how Maxwell's electromagnetism is disproved because of this claim.
Maxwell's equations describe exactly how light waves behave over time. There is no wiggle room. You are contradicting what they say. And "Maxwell's electromagnetism is disproved because of this claim" is the wrong way round.

Quote:
I do know that time is not a dimension, so it cannot bend. How can you bend something through gravity that doesn't exist? Sorry Einstein.
Of course, you have no idea what you are talking about, as usual. The bending of spacetime is an observed fact of nature. Sorry dingbat.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-02-2016), ChuckF (01-31-2016), Dragar (01-31-2016), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2016), The Man (01-31-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:

I don't know how Maxwell's electromagnetism is disproved because of this claim.
You don't even know what Maxwell's equations are. You've never even heard of them -- just as you had no clue as to what relativity theory said before you got here, and still don't, even though relativity was explained to you not only here, but nearly a decade ago at iidb!

Why can't you be honest for once? Just for once?

Quote:
I do know that time is not a dimension, so it cannot bend. How can you bend something through gravity that doesn't exist? Sorry Einstein. :( This is a new concept. No one in the field would have made this discovery because it is assumed that the eyes are a sense organ. It took someone out of the field to even question it.
:lol:

It's spacetime, not "time," and yes indeed it does warp, bend, curve, etc. etc. This is routinely demonstrated and has been known to all educated people for nearly a hundred years. The first empirical verification of general relativity occurred in 1920, I believe. Since then experiments with ever-greater refinement have always supported GR.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-02-2016), ChuckF (02-01-2016), Dragar (02-01-2016), Stephen Maturin (02-01-2016), The Man (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 10:41 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

GPS works. Amazingly, this has everything to do with relativity, and virtually nothing to do with dog eyes.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-02-2016), Spacemonkey (02-01-2016), Stephen Maturin (02-01-2016), The Man (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
GPS works. Amazingly, this has everything to do with relativity, and virtually nothing to do with dog eyes.
Debunking Relativity
Exposing the Weird Science
GPS navigation, star light bending and others

Every observed phenomenon that is claimed as proof of relativity can be explained by simple reasoning based on classical physics. But the religion of relativity has mesmerised the scientific minds and spoiled the intelligent community. Spoilt by relativity, scientists now believe only in weird phenomena/interpretations and they don’t like to see or accept things as they are.

GPS and Relativity

Mesmerised by the relativity ‘witch’, lay people and scientists alike repeatedly claim that satellite navigation systems do not work accurately unless the time dilation phenomenon of relativity is taken into account.

The observation is that there is difference between the times recorded by the satellite clock and the earth based clock.

According to the religion of relativity, this difference in the time between the two clocks is due to the phenomenon of Time dilation. Relativity assumes that it is the Time that gets affected by gravity and motion (but not the clocks).

The more sensible argument is – Time as such runs the same everywhere but it is the Clocks that get affected by gravity and motion. So the clocks tick differently in different gravitational fields despite the Time running same everywhere; and hence is the above observed difference.

Luckily, the time correction (for the GPS systems) remains the same whichever way one thinks.

Time and space are nonmaterial concepts and clocks (including the atomic clocks upon which the relativists swear) are material things. So how can gravity affects the nonmaterial concepts and not affect the material things? So relativity and time dilation are ridiculous.

Bending of star light

Relativists think that if at all Ether exists, it must only exist and behave in the way they decide!

When a ball (Earth) spins in a pond of still water (Ether), the ball spins a layer of water around itself. This spinning of water is not an all or none phenomenon. The ‘layer’ of water/Ether that is closer to the ball/Earth gets spun faster and as we move away from the ball/Earth, this ‘drag’ becomes less and less noticeable and becomes negligible beyond the ‘horizon’. The same ether drag occurs within the Sun’s gravitational field which obviously extends to beyond its last planet.

Ether

So, as a star’s light passes though this ‘differential’ ether drag, the star may appear to be at a different location than it’s ‘actual’ position.

Sagnac effect can be easily explained using the Doppler shift, and it needs neither special relativity nor ether drag.

The Fizeau’s experiment actually proves that the speed of light gets affected by the motion of its medium. If the SOL is constant and unaffected by the motion of water, then both light rays (one going against the water flow and the other travelling along the direction of water flow) must have remained coherent.

But relativists are ‘clever’ to claim even the obviously contradictory evidence as highly supportive of their religion. Another important trait of relativists is tampering with the reference frames. They create and ignore reference frames as and when they like to keep their religion alive. These traits are ‘inherited’ simultaneously as the weird theory makes its way into the minds of the relativists and ‘occupies’ them. The poor relativists, under the influence of the relativity demon that occupied their minds, can’t see things as they are but are forced to make weird assumptions and interpretations out of them.

cont. at: GPS navigation, star light bending and others | Debunking Relativity

Old 02-01-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And your lying? And refusal to answer questions?
Bump.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
STOP THE BS!!! :wave:
Stop the lies and evasion.

Quote:
Quote:
I have said that the photons are at the retina if the conditions of efferent vision are met.
This part of YOUR account is what these questions are asking you about. They are not based on the afferent account, and do not make any afferent assumptions. Please answer them from the efferent perspective based only on your own account.

Quote:
Please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film or retina on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film or retina when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the film/retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film/retina at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Five words and you're done. Is that so hard?
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Me: Where and when did these green photons begin to exist?
You: When the object turned green.
I did not say that.
You did so! Why do you keep lying about your own words, when we can SHOW YOU where you said them? Look:

Quote:
Quote:
When the object turned green.
Were those your words? Do you remember typing them?

Quote:
We see the light turn green instantly if it meets the conditions, which does not mean the green wavelength/frequency began to exist at that instant. How would we be able to use that light to see if it just came into existence?
I don't know. It's your bizarre theory, not mine. If the green photons at the retina existed before the light turned green, where did they come from and when did they begin to exist?

Quote:
IOW, we would not be able to see the Sun turned on instantly if the light had not become luminous enough which takes time but not the time that you imagine (not 8 minutes). Just like the candle being turned on, it doesn't take more than a nanosecond for that light to be at our eyes because it's a closed system.
We were not talking about the Sun or a candle. We were talking about a very distant traffic light. Do the green photons come from the traffic light, and travel from there to the retina in a nanosecond? If so, you have them traveling faster than light; if not, then where and when did they begin to exist?

Quote:
It doesn't matter. There has to be enough light for the object to be seen. In this case we would see the traffic light change instantly, about the length of time it would take the light from a candle to be at our eyes in a closed room.
Of course it matters. You can't tell me the green photons will be travelling in a direction determined by the angle at which they struck the object when they haven't struck any object.

You are now rejecting your previous claim that there will be green photons instantly at the retina, claiming instead that there will be some minuscule time delay. Fine, but that still doesn't answer my question of where and when these green photons began to exist. If they came from the traffic light, then you have them travelling faster than the speed of light—and you also have them getting to the retina, contrary to your previous denials.

Quote:
No, the photons that you're speaking of do not begin to exist at that instant.
Fine, then when do they begin to exist? Before or after the traffic light turns green? And where are they when they first begin to exist?

Quote:
They travel, but the travel time is virtually nil. That's what you are not grasping. You still think that light has to travel (the afferent model of sight) 8 minutes to reach our eyes for us to utilize that light. But that's not the case in the efferent model. That's why Lessans said light has to be at the object ONLY. That is also why we would be able to see the Sun being turned on, but not see each other for 8 minutes. Do you even understand what I'm saying?
Do you understand what you're saying? Where are these green photons travelling from, where are they travelling to, and have they covered this distance faster than the speed of light? Photons cannot travel huge distances in a nanosecond. Light cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

Quote:
What do you mean, WHERE are these photons or in what direction will they be traveling.
I mean just that. It's a perfectly simple question expressed in clear English. What part of the question confuses you? I can re-express the question taking into account your nanosecond time-delay if you like:

You have said that there will be green photons near-instantly at the retina, in less time than it would take them to travel from the newly-turned-green traffic light to the retina, so...

(Please note that this question has nothing to do with whether or not there is any information in the travelling light.)
Bump.
Bump.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You've now retracted the only answer you've given (bizarrely denying that you even said it), so I will have to repeat the questions. You've said that there will be green photons instantly at the retina when the light first turns green. Regarding those specific green photons...

No Spacemonkey, now you're talking about teleportation. This is not magic.
What? I didn't say anything about magic or teleportation! What on Earth are you on about? I just asked you a plain simple question about the photons YOU SAY will be instantly at the retina. Again...

Bump.
Bump.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:

Debunking Relativity

Any bets on whether or not your new source of completely wrong information is a crackpot or not?

If you guessed crackpot...well done!

Srinivasa Rao Gonuguntla describes himself: "I am an allopathic doctor now researching on homeopathy."

Tell me more, Srinivasa!

Having heard the ‘weird’ principles of homeopathy I dwelled into this ‘mysterious world’ with lot of skepticism and little curiosity. Soon I realized that Homeopathy is not just a medical system that cures ailments but hidden deeply in this holy medicine are secrets of nature, universe and God!

What a loony. :crazy:

Once again, peacegirl, you defend your stupidity by quoting homeopaths trying to debunk well established physics. I'm not even going to correct the numerous factual and logical errors, because you don't care or read it anyway. Ultimately it doesn't matter what your latest crackpot says, because science continues to work - ignoring everything Lessans wrote, since that would drag us back into the scientific dark ages.
Angakuk (02-02-2016), But (02-01-2016), Spacemonkey (02-01-2016), Stephen Maturin (02-01-2016), The Man (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
Quote:

Debunking Relativity

Any bets on whether or not your new source of completely wrong information is a crackpot or not?

If you guessed crackpot...well done!

Srinivasa Rao Gonuguntla describes himself: "I am an allopathic doctor now researching on homeopathy."

Tell me more, Srinivasa!

Having heard the ‘weird’ principles of homeopathy I dwelled into this ‘mysterious world’ with lot of skepticism and little curiosity. Soon I realized that Homeopathy is not just a medical system that cures ailments but hidden deeply in this holy medicine are secrets of nature, universe and God!

What a loony. :crazy:

Once again, peacegirl, you defend your stupidity by quoting homeopaths trying to debunk well established physics. I'm not even going to correct the numerous factual and logical errors, because you don't care or read it anyway. Ultimately it doesn't matter what your latest crackpot says, because science continues to work - ignoring everything Lessans wrote, since that would drag us back into the scientific dark ages.
Isn't that what you all do, condemn anyone who has a different view, especially if it contravenes what the father of modern physics tells us? According to you and others, it's not what is right, it's who is right. You care more about the status of an individual than the truth he may or may not be espousing. This is a problem that runs through many fields. For you to be this angry at me is a telltale sign that something is wrong, really really wrong. :sad:

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-01-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
Isn't that what you all do, condemn the person instead of arguing..
What's the point in arguing? The facts and elementary mistakes of the crackpots you keep posting have been pointed out to you many times. You ignore them, and repeat the lies about various sciences at a later date. So no, I'm not going to argue with you based on a homeopathic doctor's deep misunderstanding and misrepresentation of basic physics.

I am, however, going to mock you for yet again producing a crackpot's website to back up your points. Do you google specifically for these fruitloops, or do you just happen up on them naturally?
Angakuk (02-02-2016), But (02-01-2016), The Man (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
Quote:
Isn't that what you all do, condemn the person instead of arguing..
What's the point in arguing? The facts and elementary mistakes of the crackpots you keep posting have been pointed out to you many times. You ignore them, and repeat the lies about various sciences at a later date. So no, I'm not going to argue with you based on a homeopathic doctor's deep misunderstanding and misrepresentation of basic physics.

I am, however, going to mock you for yet again producing a crackpot's website to back up your points. Do you google specifically for these fruitloops, or do you just happen up on them naturally?
I think you're a fruitloop, how bout that? :yup:

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-01-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
The more sensible argument is – Time as such runs the same everywhere but it is the Clocks that get affected by gravity and motion. So the clocks tick differently in different gravitational fields despite the Time running same everywhere; and hence is the above observed difference.

Luckily, the time correction (for the GPS systems) remains the same whichever way one thinks.
Retcooooooon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, there is actually a word for exactly that - it is retcon - which is a device used to correct internal inconsistencies within a work of fiction. When you refer to "the efferent account" or "the way the eyes [work] in the efferent account", it's like saying "the way the spice melange works in the Dune account." Facts have no bearing on it, because it is made up. It's easy to correct internal inconsistencies in made-up stuff, just by making up other stuff! It happens all the time on TV; in fact, it's hard to avoid after a few seasons.

This is to be distinguished from science, where an internal inconsistency means that you made a mistake and need to at least repeat the experiment, definitely review the experiment design, and maybe revisit or discard the theory.
Thanks, from:
But (02-01-2016), Dragar (02-01-2016), The Man (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
I think...
I know enough about you to not believe that.
Pan Narrans (02-01-2016), Spacemonkey (02-01-2016), Stephen Maturin (02-01-2016), The Man (02-01-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy