Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 01-28-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
We're back to square one. I told you it doesn't have to get there. It's already there the instant we see the object. You keep thinking that light has to travel to get there which would cause a delay. That is the afferent model in a nutshell. You just can't get beyond it. :(

No we're not back to square one, we never left it because you have failed to offer any kind of explanation of how efferent vision works, and when asked how it works you just post "It's efferent vision" which is not an explanation, just a label for a failed idea. You and Lessans claim that light doesn't need to travel for us to see an object, you added the idea that light is at the retina that did not come from Lessans. The question people have been asking is what is the source of the photons, at the retina, in efferent vision. If you really don't understand the question, I'll try again to make it easier for you.
Angakuk (01-28-2016), But (01-28-2016), The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
We're back to square one. I told you it doesn't have to get there. It's already there the instant we see the object. You keep thinking that light has to travel to get there which would cause a delay. That is the afferent model in a nutshell. You just can't get beyond it. :(

No we're not back to square one, we never left it because you have failed to offer any kind of explanation of how efferent vision works, and when asked how it works you just post "It's efferent vision" which is not an explanation, just a label for a failed idea. You and Lessans claim that light doesn't need to travel for us to see an object, you added the idea that light is at the retina that did not come from Lessans. The question people have been asking is what is the source of the photons, at the retina, in efferent vision. If you really don't understand the question, I'll try again to make it easier for you.
You're still a jerk.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 01-28-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The frequency/wavelength is there instantly when we see the object because there is nothing in the light that is traveling with the information apart from the object itself. We are able to see the object in real time due to light's presence not because light had to get to us which would mean there was a delay.
So the image of the object is at the eye instantly when we look at the object, and light with the information about the object doesn't bring anything except the object itself to the eye. We see the object because there is light at the object, but the image of the object doesn't travel to the eyes with the light. I suppose that to someone who had no knowledge about vision and optics this might make some sense, odd I've just described Lessans and Peacegirl.

What about an object that we are not looking at directly, an object in our peripheral vision, is the image of that object instantly at our eyes or does the image need to travel in the light.
I can't even stomach what you write. You're a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!
So you don't have an answer, and can only respond with insults?
Angakuk (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 05:05 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The second the light changed, the green wavelengths would be at the retina allowing the brain to see the green light. The optic nerve is the connection between the brain, eyes, and the external world but does not send red impulses before green causing a delay.
How does light of green wavelength get to the retina before it has had time to get there from the traffic light by traveling? Where did it come from?
How can these green photons be at the retina at a given time if they never travelled there or arrived there? Are they instantly coming into existence at the retina as the traffic light changes to green?

This would be a whole lot easier if you would just answer my five questions.
I've said this many times; this is not teleportation. The frequency/wavelength is there instantly when we see the object because there is nothing in the light that is traveling with the information apart from the object itself. We are able to see the object in real time due to light's presence not because light had to get to us which would mean there was a delay.
You're just repeating that the green photons are there, but you are not answering the question: Are they coming into existence at the retina as the traffic light turns green or not?

Let's suppose you are right that green photons are at the retina instantly as soon as the traffic light turns green, and that these photons did not arrive from anywhere else...

Now, where and when did these green photons begin to exist?
Bump.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
STOP THE BS!!! :wave:
Stop the lies and evasion.

Quote:
Quote:
I have said that the photons are at the retina if the conditions of efferent vision are met.
This part of YOUR account is what these questions are asking you about. They are not based on the afferent account, and do not make any afferent assumptions. Please answer them from the efferent perspective based only on your own account.

Quote:
Please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film or retina on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film or retina when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the film/retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film/retina at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Five words and you're done. Is that so hard?
Bump.
Bump.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're still a jerk.
So you don't have an answer, and can only respond with insults?

Remember all those thousands of lurkers who are reading this thread, will see the manner in which you are responding to my questions and comments. You're not going to get many converts when they see the way you are acting towards others, they will rightly think that if this is the way one who is one of the chosen to be part of Lessans brave new world order golden age behaves toward others, "I want no part of it". Would you have joined the 'Hitler Youth' if you had known all that they stood for? If you want to attract people to your brave new world order golden age, you need to set an example of what it will be like in the brave new world order golden age. How good are you at mimicking a mindless robotic slave, Oh, I forgot you're doing it already.
The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 07:20 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
No Lyrical, I don't expect you to read the entire thread, nor should you expect me to search through this entire thread to show you where I answered these questions. If you are truly interested, like you say you are (and you're not just playing me), then go to Amazon and read the sample. If it sounds interesting you can buy the ebook, which will give you a much better understanding of the claims this author made, and the reasons for them.
Translation: No, I won't do it because I can't do it. I can't do it because it never happened.
chunksmediocrites (01-28-2016), Dragar (01-28-2016), Spacemonkey (01-28-2016), Stephen Maturin (01-28-2016), The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
This will not go on!!!!
:laugh:

Of course it will. Remember when you returned from your recent four-day hiatus and announced that you'd no longer participate in any discussions about vision? How did that work out?
You can't stop taking things out of context, can you?
lol context

You're a complete moron, but hey, thanks for proving me right with your every post.

And now, I'm gonna play with my dogs, neither of whom have any trouble recognizing people by sight alone.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
But (01-29-2016), ChuckF (01-28-2016), chunksmediocrites (01-29-2016), The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
No Lyrical, I don't expect you to read the entire thread, nor should you expect me to search through this entire thread to show you where I answered these questions.
We can though fully expect that you won't even try, based on the established fact that you are lying through your teeth.
The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Naming your account doesn't answer the question. Nor does blaming your questioner for your own lack of an answer.
I'm not blaming you but I can't keep saying 4 is the answer to 2 plus 2 and you keep telling me to prove it because you believe it's 5. :sadcheer:
False analogy. It's more like I'm asking for the answer to 2 + 2, and you are responding: THE ANSWER'S MATHS ALRIGHT?!?! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!
NOT! YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT HOW I'M RESPONDING BUT YOU WILL TURN ANY ANALOGY INTO SOMETHING THAT SUITS YOU. This will not go on!!!!
It's exactly how you are responding. I asked how the green light gets to the retina, and you answered "HOW???? THE EFFERENT ACCOUNT OF VISION". That's exactly like saying that maths is the answer to 2+2. And this will go on indefinitely because you are unable to be honest or to leave.
Angakuk (01-29-2016), The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
And this will go on indefinitely because you are unable to be honest or to leave.
But I will give credit where credit is due, and that is that Peacegirl is persistent to a fault. You would think that after 3.5 years she would get the message that people here are not going to let her falsehoods and lies stand without challenge. She must really have no concept of what has been presented against her ideas and how they have been refuted at every turn. For her to persist would require an extreme amount of willful ignorance of reality or a complete lack of understanding of reality. Somehow I believe the former but doubt the latter. Of course growing up with her father would warp anyone's sense of reality.

I can just see him now, standing with his finger pointing up in the air, saying "Someday I will be vindicated, and they will erect a statue in my honor." The only thing I can say is "Don't start posing for it yet."
Angakuk (01-29-2016), The Man (01-28-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 11:13 AM
what's with all the roman numerals everywhere

Peacegirl, I will not buy a book that you then say you'll discuss with me if you will not do me the courtesy of answering some simple questions posed to you numerous times during my brief tenure in this thread. I trust you can see that your willingness to engage in an open discussion is not apparent to me so far.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-30-2016), Dragar (01-29-2016), Spacemonkey (01-29-2016), The Man (01-29-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And this will go on indefinitely because you are unable to be honest or to leave.
But I will give credit where credit is due, and that is that Peacegirl is persistent to a fault. You would think that after 3.5 years she would get the message that people here are not going to let her falsehoods and lies stand without challenge. She must really have no concept of what has been presented against her ideas and how they have been refuted at every turn. For her to persist would require an extreme amount of willful ignorance of reality or a complete lack of understanding of reality. Somehow I believe the former but doubt the latter. Of course growing up with her father would warp anyone's sense of reality.

I can just see him now, standing with his finger pointing up in the air, saying "Someday I will be vindicated, and they will erect a statue in my honor." The only thing I can say is "Don't start posing for it yet."
What a false portrayal of a man you didn't know. He never pointed a finger and he never said "they will erect a statue in my honor." You are projecting again. hahaha

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 01-29-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical View Post
Peacegirl, I will not buy a book that you then say you'll discuss with me if you will not do me the courtesy of answering some simple questions posed to you numerous times during my brief tenure in this thread. I trust you can see that your willingness to engage in an open discussion is not apparent to me so far.
Lyrical, I already told everyone that I'm not going back to discussing the eyes. It's too exhausting. I'm sorry that you will not read the sample on Amazon because that would have given you a much better idea of what the book is about. This thread has run its course and people are just hanging around because there is no other thread at the moment that is more challenging. If you ever change your mind, here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Decline-Fall-A...ll+of+all+evil

Old 01-29-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Naming your account doesn't answer the question. Nor does blaming your questioner for your own lack of an answer.
I'm not blaming you but I can't keep saying 4 is the answer to 2 plus 2 and you keep telling me to prove it because you believe it's 5. :sadcheer:
False analogy. It's more like I'm asking for the answer to 2 + 2, and you are responding: THE ANSWER'S MATHS ALRIGHT?!?! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!
NOT! YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT HOW I'M RESPONDING BUT YOU WILL TURN ANY ANALOGY INTO SOMETHING THAT SUITS YOU. This will not go on!!!!
It's exactly how you are responding. I asked how the green light gets to the retina, and you answered "HOW???? THE EFFERENT ACCOUNT OF VISION". That's exactly like saying that maths is the answer to 2+2. And this will go on indefinitely because you are unable to be honest or to leave.
I don't know why you can't understand that the green light brings nothing. The red light brings nothing. We see through these wavelengths that are at the retina in order to see the real world. When the color of the object changes, so does the wavelength [instantly]. This will not go on indefinitely because you forgot choice 3 which is for you to leave. That's always available. :yup:

Old 01-29-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Lyrical, I already told everyone that I'm not going back to discussing the eyes. It's too exhausting. I'm sorry that you will not read the sample on Amazon because that would have given you a much better idea of what the book is about. This thread has run its course and people are just hanging around because there is no other thread at the moment that is more challenging. If you ever change your mind, here is the link:

Decline and Fall of All Evil: The Most Important Discovery of Our Times - Kindle edition by Seymour Lessans, Janis Rafael. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
So for the sake of five words you're prepared to turn away a potential (first) customer and prevent, or at least delay, the beginning of Lessans' glorious revolution? For the sake of five words?
Angakuk (01-30-2016), Dragar (01-29-2016), The Man (01-29-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know why you can't understand that the green light brings nothing. The red light brings nothing. We see through these wavelengths that are at the retina in order to see the real world. When the color of the object changes, so does the wavelength [instantly]. This will not go on indefinitely because you forgot choice 3 which is for you to leave. That's always available. :yup:
I didn't say that the green light brings anything. I didn't even ask if it brings anything. I'm simply asking you a very, very straightforward question about this green light at the retina:

Where and when did these green photons begin to exist?
Angakuk (01-30-2016), Dragar (01-29-2016), The Man (01-29-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't say that the green light brings anything. I didn't even ask if it brings anything. I'm simply asking you a very, very straightforward question about this green light at the retina:

When the object turned green. You will not accept my answer which is why you keep accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Could it be you rather than me? :yup::yup::yup:

Old 01-29-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Decline and Fall of All Evil: The Most Important Discovery of Our Times - Kindle edition by Seymour Lessans, Janis Rafael. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
So for the sake of five words you're prepared to turn away a potential (first) customer and prevent, or at least delay, the beginning of Lessans' glorious revolution? For the sake of five words?
First of all, this person is playing me in my humble opinion. Second of all, I don't care about one individual who is not even curious about the book or its contents, otherwise they would have taken the time to read the sample. I cannot take the time to appease one person's objections about the way I'm answering by threatening me. Who does that? Srsly!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Old 01-29-2016, 03:50 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
First of all, this person is playing me in my humble opinion. Second of all, I don't care about one individual who is not even curious about the book or its contents, otherwise they would have taken the time to read the sample. I cannot take the time to appease one person's objections about the way I'm answering by threatening me. Who does that? Srsly!!!!!!!!! :eek:
This is her standard playbook, reject anyone who appears to be on her side and supports or accepts Lessans ideas, as this would not allow Peacegirl to play the martyr. She craves the hostility and abuse so that she can continue to "fight the good fight" against the odds. Having someone who is actually agree with her would put her in a position of seriously trying to explain these ideas rather than being hostile towards those who disagree. She doesn't want agreement because that would indicate that the other person is really stupid enough to believe what her father wrote in his joke of a book and she doesn't want to talk to stupid people, just people with enough intelligence and education to understand reality. Peacegirl needs to oppose reality because she knows that her own position is based on fantasy.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Quote:
Lyrical, I already told everyone that I'm not going back to discussing the eyes.
:lol:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Old 01-29-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'll never sell a single copy with that attitude.
The Man (01-29-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When the object turned green. You will not accept my answer which is why you keep accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Could it be you rather than me? :yup::yup::yup:
That's only half an answer. I asked for a where and when, and you've only given me a when. You've said these green photons come into existence at the moment the object turns green. Where are they at that moment when they first come into existence? Also, in what direction are they travelling as they come into existence?
Angakuk (01-30-2016), The Man (01-29-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 01:11 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
What a false portrayal of a man you didn't know. He never pointed a finger and he never said "they will erect a statue in my honor." You are projecting again.
Yes, I am projecting what I have read in his book, a self aggrandizing, butthurt, megalomaniac, who just couldn't get enough of his own voice. Pity that he didn't know enough to know how wrong he was, and he passed that lack of knowledge of reality to his daughter, who is attempting to foist his fiction onto humanity.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:15 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The only threat is to your vision of reality. In all my reading of his posts he never threatened you in any way, that is just a projection of your insecurities about your father's book. In addition lyrical has demonstrated a curiosity about the contents of the book that you have rejected.

FYI, If I were you I would change the category of the book to 'humorous fiction', it might attract more readers and be much more accurate.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy