Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 09-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are trying very hard to make this knowledge sound absurd...
:unnope:
Adam (09-17-2013), Angakuk (09-17-2013), LadyShea (09-17-2013), Pan Narrans (09-19-2013), Spacemonkey (09-17-2013), Stephen Maturin (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You won't hear the other side because you are determined to justify your stance on this matter.
You are the one that does not change her point of view when faced with facts that do not match it: despite the fact that you were wrong about

1: overloading the immune system with vaccines
2: formaldehyde levels in vaccines
3: The use of adjuvants in vaccines

You have not changed your position one bit.
I'm not convinced, and if I was a parent who had young children, this would be a concern. How can you guarantee that all adjuvants have no possibility of causing harm?

ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ADJUVANTS IN VACCINES by Viera Scheibner
I can say I am not convinced about the wisdom of sending my child to school unarmed: it would still make it an immoral and criminally stupid thing to do.

How can you guarantee my child will not come to harm that could have been prevented by it being armed?
Who is saying that? I am just saying that artificially injecting children with more and more vaccines is not necessarily the best way to go. Building a child's immune system naturally through good nutrition and good hygiene may end up being the better choice. We cannot know what all of these vaccines are doing in the long term, therefore we are making our children guinea pigs no matter what our justification is. In the new world doctors will be forced, of their own free will, to admit genuine ignorance in this regard whereas today they can justify just about anything they want with impunity.

Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries Of Official Statistics | ________________Child Health Safety_________________

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Are you satisfied with having made no progress at all for yet another week, Peacegirl?
In view of eternity, one day isn't going to make or break anything. Whether I work everyday on marketing for the rest of my life, my efforts may or may not be fruitful, but in the end the new world will come about because this is God's will and his timing. :yup:

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Please note that I have been quite busy in the past few weeks and I may have missed important additions to the tracker. Feel free to let me know what needs updating and I will amend the sheet.

Progress Tracking

Books sold: 0
People convinced: 0
Estimated date of revolution: unspecified time after we are all dead.
Number of Scientists confirming the book 0
Instances of empirical evidence supporting the book surfaced 0
Marriages saved 0
Reasons to believe conscience works as described in the book found 0
Proof-puddings eaten 0 puddings
Amount of crow eaten by detractors 0 crows
Sexy jackets and translucent robes sales uplift (Year on year) N/A

Forum-specific

Amount of times that PG said she will soon leave this forum: 0
Amount of times that PG left 0
People on ignore (name, date of ignore start) 1? Spacemonkey (some time before 16 sept, unconfirmed)
People with Agendas: 1 (TheDoc)
People who are out to discredit the book because of personal reasons :0
People driven by anger, hatred, confusion and resentment and who should be pitied: 1 (Maturin)
People who reject the book because of the authors lack of credentials 0
Names called (by name called)
  1. Slimy ( Pgirl -> Vivisectus) 1
People who have ruined it for everyone 0
Instances of Peacegirl being unable to explain or support her point because of other people's attitude and/or psionic powers 1
Tyranny ITT 1
People Who Blew It: 2 (Adam, Spacemonkey)

Enablers:

Meaningful changes made to marketing approach: 0
Meaningful changes made to website: 0
Skills acquired to market book: 0
Time spent acquiring relevant skills: 0
Time spent on relevant tasks: 0

Tasks achieved this week:

Posted on the freethought forum
Read stuff on the internet

Tracking 2 weeks of progress so far.
peacegirl's denial of all this...... priceless.
I am not denying anything. My question is why does it matter what I do since no one believes this is a genuine discovery?

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Because nobody thinks it's a genuine discovery, this whole thread is about what you do.
Thanks, from:
Adam (09-17-2013), Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Are you satisfied with having made no progress at all for yet another week, Peacegirl?
In view of eternity, one day isn't going to make or break anything. Whether I work everyday on marketing for the rest of my life, my efforts may or may not be fruitful, but in the end the new world will come about because this is God's will and his timing. :yup:
Impersonal laws of the Universe don't have a will.

Will (noun)

[C or U] the mental power used to control and direct your thoughts and actions, or a determination to do something, despite any difficulties or opposition: From an early age she had a very strong will. [+ to infinitive] After six months in hospital she began to lose the will to live (= the desire and determination to stay alive).

C1 [S] what someone wants to happen:
It was God's will. Against their will (= although they did not want to), they were forced to hold a meeting. The government has failed to impose its will upon regional communities (= to make them do as it wants).

Last edited by LadyShea; 09-17-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
There is a story about 2 girls walking to school and they were taking their time, so much so that when they rounded the last corner a short distance from the bus stop, they saw the bus pulling out and disappear around the next corner when they got there. The one girl got right down on her knees to pray for some miracle to get her to school on time. The other girl was praying also, but she prayed while she was running toward the school.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you think you have eternity to postpone actually doing anything productive? How many weeks of zero progress have you had so far? It is very obvious to everyone but you that you're not at all serious about marketing this book.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Because nobody thinks it's a genuine discovery, this whole thread is about what you do.
I know, and it's sick.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you think you have eternity to postpone actually doing anything productive? How many weeks of zero progress have you had so far? It is very obvious to everyone but you that you're not at all serious about marketing this book.
Your assumptions are screwed up Spacemonkey. Again, I don't know what your motivation is but it's not productive. Isn't that ironic?

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I am just saying that artificially injecting children with more and more vaccines is not necessarily the best way to go. Building a child's immune system naturally through good nutrition and good hygiene may end up being the better choice.
You need to study how the immune system works. Neither of those "builds it". Proper nutrition helps support it. Proper hygiene protects it from having to work so hard. It is built by exposure to antigens...which is why vaccines work.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:06 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your assumptions are screwed up Spacemonkey. Again, I don't know what your motivation is but it's not productive. Isn't that ironic?
Yes, it's highly ironic that you would complain about me not being productive. You really are a moron. How can you expect anyone to believe you are serious about marketing your book when you've been sitting on the brink of beginning marketing for several years now?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will (noun)

[C or U] the mental power used to control and direct your thoughts and actions, or a determination to do something, despite any difficulties or opposition: From an early age she had a very strong will. [+ to infinitive] After six months in hospital she began to lose the will to live (= the desire and determination to stay alive).

It was God's will. Against their will (= although they did not want to), they were forced to hold a meeting. The government has failed to impose its will upon regional communities (= to make them do as it wants).
We've been over this. I choose to personalize impersonal laws. Accept it or reject it, it doesn't matter to me. I believe we do not stand alone. I believe there is a reason for everything, and that we are gravitating toward a new world based on Lessans' discovery which proves there is an intelligence governing our universe. Although evolution is os is part of the process, does not negate an intelligent presence; in fact it supports it. The only difference between your philosophy and mine is that due to this discovery I believe nothing happens by chance. I'm not going to get into this conversation because it doesn't relate to the fact that the laws of our nature are undeniable, and will change our world for the better.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
I choose to personalize impersonal laws. Accept it or not, but I believe we do not stand alone. I believe there is a reason for everything, and that we are gravitating to a new world. ... the fact that the laws of our nature are undeniable, and will change our world for the better.
This is another example of equivocation, then. You and Lessans both say the word God is a stand in for the laws of the Universe, but repeatedly use it as if it is a personal God
Thanks, from:
Old 09-17-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you know that we now give 36 vaccines to children before the age of two
Did you verify that claim as factual? Can you point me to the evidence for that claim? My 7 year old child has been fully vaccinated and did not have nearly that many before age 2.

According to the 2013 CDC recommended schedule (PDF) there are 13 vaccinations before age 2 if you break apart the compounded MMR and DTaP. In addition to those 6 there is HepB, HepA, Varicella, IPV, PVC, Hib, and RV. 14 if you include a flu shot.

Are you counting each booster of the same stuff as a separate vaccine?
Bumping since you ignored it, but then made the claim again
Here is the schedule.

Infants, Children, & Teens (birth - age 18) | Vaccines.gov
I gave you the schedule as well. Please list the vaccines and count them, as I did. Did you get 36 before age 2? Show your work!
Thanks, from:
Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will (noun)

What does this have to do with the belief that nothing happens by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
Forced meaning the lesser of two evils. You sound like thedoc. :doh:

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you verify that claim as factual? Can you point me to the evidence for that claim? My 7 year old child has been fully vaccinated and did not have nearly that many before age 2.

According to the 2013 CDC recommended schedule (PDF) there are 13 vaccinations before age 2 if you break apart the compounded MMR and DTaP. In addition to those 6 there is HepB, HepA, Varicella, IPV, PVC, Hib, and RV. 14 if you include a flu shot.

Here is the schedule.

I gave you the schedule as well. Please list the vaccines and count them, as I did. Did you get 36 before age 2? Show your work!
Once again, you are a trivia groupie. This is trivial. Who cares whether I got the vaccine schedule perfect or not. THE POINT IS BEING IGNORED IN THAT THE SCHEDULE IS INCREASING. Let me clarify that each dose given (I believe) is considered one vaccine.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will (noun)

What does this have to do with the belief that nothing happens by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
Forced meaning the lesser of two evils. You sound like thedoc. :doh:
That was an example used in the dictionary definition of will :derp:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Who is saying that? I am just saying that artificially injecting children with more and more vaccines is not necessarily the best way to go. Building a child's immune system naturally through good nutrition and good hygiene may end up being the better choice. We cannot know what all of these vaccines are doing in the long term, therefore we are making our children guinea pigs no matter what our justification is. In the new world doctors will be forced, of their own free will, to admit genuine ignorance in this regard whereas today they can justify just about anything they want with impunity.
Indeed: some stuff may be true which I base on absolutely no evidence, and also I am going to pretend we test vaccines on children, and that is the whole of my argument!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here is the schedule.

Once again, you are a trivia groupie. This is trivial. Who cares whether I got the vaccine schedule perfect or not. THE POINT IS BEING IGNORED IN THAT THE SCHEDULE IS INCREASING. Let me clarify that each dose given (I believe) is considered one vaccine.
You made a claim (rather you accepted a claim someone else made) and I would like you to verify it is a factual claim.

If you are counting each dose of the same vaccine as a separate vaccine, then I would question the motive behind that interpretation (could it be wanting to up the number to seem excessive!! and DANGEROU$!!11)

I would think a better interpretation is one vaccine given over multiple doses. It doesn't make sense at all to count 3 doses of polio vaccine as 3 vaccines. If you eat four orange quarters have you eaten four oranges?
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:23 PM

Bump. Don't you want to tell me about the horrors of formaldehyde anymore?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You mentioned formaldehyde previously. You are aware that we are exposed to formaldehyde every day in our normal environment and that our bodies produce it as well, right? Since you "know all the research"?

Do you know the comparisons between routine exposure amounts and vaccine amounts?

Quote:
HepB - Recombivax - 3 doses (birth, 1-2 mos. and 6-18 mos.) - 7.5μg/dose
DTaP - Infanrix - 5 doses (2 mos., 4 mos., 6 mos., 15-18 mos. and 4-6 yrs.) - 100μg/dose
Hib - ActHIB - 3 doses (2 mos., 4 mos. and 12-15 mos.) - 0.5μg/dose
IPV - IPOL - 4 doses (2 mos., 4 mos., 6-18 mos. and 4-6 yrs.) - 100μg/dose
Influenza - Fluzone - 7 doses (6 mos., 12 mos. and yearly 2-6 yrs.) - 100μg/dose
HepA - Havrix - 2 doses (12 mos. and 6-18 mos. after first dose) - 100μg/dose

That's all of the vaccines on the recommended schedule for 0-6 years that contain formaldehyde. If a child got all of those doses all at once (which they never would), they would get a total of 1,824μg, or 1.824mg, of formaldehyde. A 3.2kg (~7lb) newborn with an average blood volume of 83.3mL/kg would naturally have, at any given time, about 575-862μg of formaldehyde circulating in their blood. By the time they are 6 years old (~46lb or 21kg), they'll naturally have 3,562-5,342μg of formaldehyde in their blood. Bear in mind that the formaldehyde from each shot will not build up in their bodies from shot to shot, as it is very rapidly (within hours) metabolized and eliminated as formate in the urine or breathed out as CO2.

So what's the most a child might get in a single office visit? That would probably be at their 6 month visit (when they are, on average, 16.5lbs or 7.5kg) with HepB, DTaP, IPV and flu, for a total of 307.5μg. That is about 160 times less than the total amount their body naturally produces every single day*. Compare that to the 428.4-1,516.4μg of formaldehyde in a single apple.

Now, some might try to claim that the formaldehyde in vaccines is different from the formaldehyde in your body, but they are wrong. Formaldehyde, whether it is in a vaccine or your body, consists of two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom bound to a carbon atom. The chemical structure is the same. Harpocrates Speaks: Demystifying Vaccine Ingredients - Formaldehyde
It all sounds so airtight, doesn't it? It's a slam dunk, isn't it LadyShea? I am the one whose thinking is distorted, right?
Yes. You were scaremongering about formaldehyde without any facts about formaldehyde. If you want to question the safety of formaldehyde using actual facts instead of hysteria, feel free to do so.

Lets look at the thimerosol scare to see if we can find similarities to the current formaldehyde alarmism. This "mercury" was pointed to as the cause so called vaccine related autism for years...and though the MMR never contained it, it was the most commonly cited vaccine as being associated with autism. When thimersol was removed from vaccines in 2000, autism rates didn't go down, they continued to rise and still do. So it obviously couldn't have been the thimerosol. Did the anti-vaxxers admit this? No, they just moved the goalposts and talk about adjuvants and multiple vaccines etc.

Quote:
You won't hear the other side because you are determined to justify your stance on this matter. Why?
Because in the case of formaldehyde alarmism, the "other side" is not using actual facts. How can parents make informed decisions when the information from one side is bad?

I snipped the rest of your post because this one is specifically about formaldehyde. Let's break it down piece by piece and see if the "other side" has anything but hot air.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Quote:
Evil is doing something to someone that they do not want to be done to themselves. I do not want you to break into my home and steal from me. That is a hurt to me. I do not want someone to shoot me with a gun while I'm window shopping. That is a hurt to me. I do not want someone to jump a curve and kill me because they lost control with their car. That is a hurt to me. Is that enough, or do you need more?
Quote:
The term "evil" refers to doing something to someone with the intent to do harm. A mother is doing what is best for her baby, until her baby can take responsibility for himself. Evil in the context of the book only means a hurt, and a hurt is something one does not want done to himself. That is a fair definition. He also explains that evil and good are relative terms. You should know a lot about this term. Why don't you give me the Bible definition and we'll see if we can work with it.
Quote:
...evil is used in one main context and that is when someone is being hurt by someone else without apparent justification.
Evil "in the context of the book" means something different than "evil" in some other context? And there is a "Biblical" definition that may differ even from that? And you've also modified your original definition of "evil" to include "intent to do harm" and to specifically require hurt done "to someone else" and "without apparent justification"? Interesting. Per this exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Peacegirl, do you understand that there are many different sense of the words "good" and "evil"? That is, do you understand that people mean different things when they use those words in different contexts?
Quote:
That is a cop-out Adam.
...I had understood that, according to you, proposing that words (specifically, the words "good" and "evil") had different senses or meanings in different contexts or usages was a cop-out. Now I'm confused, since you seem to be explicitly admitting that words, including, at least, the word "evil", can have different meanings in different contexts, and that "evil", specifically, has a meaning "in the context of the book" that differs from its meaning in at least some other usages.

It's also worth noting that the definition for "evil", "in the context of the book", that you are proposing here appears to differ from the one Lessans actually uses in his book. I'm pretty sure that nothing about the Motion of Life precludes choosing "a hurt". This is not your cue to explain about lesser evils and blah blah blah. This is simply the observation that the definition actually used in the book is not, simply, "a hurt", but a very specific sense of "a hurt" that requires reams of additional explanation and clarification.

So, which is it? Do words (including "good" and "evil") mean different things in different contexts, or is that "a cop-out"?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013), LadyShea (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Quote:
:lol:

What a trivia groupie you are, LadyShea! Always asking that facts and figures cited be, like, correct and stuff! That's trivial! What's important is the point peacegirl is trying to make, which would maybe be supported by the figures she cited, if they were correct, which they aren't, but that's trivial anyway!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013), LadyShea (09-18-2013), Pan Narrans (09-19-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Forced meaning the lesser of two evils. You sound like thedoc.
There is one list that is making progress,

"People who sound like thedoc".

Angakuk, Vivisectus, and now LadyShea.

Maybe there is an echo on this thread, or is it just in Peacegirl's head?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
You are completely out in left field Angakuk. All you do is criticize without ever asking a sincere question.
Actually, over the course of this thread I have asked numerous sincere questions. None of which have you answered to my satisfaction. Since you don't appear to have any adequate answers to my questions, it hardly seems worthwhile to continue asking questions.

Quote:
It's an interesting phenomenon to observe from an objective participant.
Who are you calling an "objective participant"?
Me, because I'm the underdog in here, and I see things that others seem to be blind to. This group bonding is a serious problem. No one here would contradict one of their buddies. I hardly ever see it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk
:lmao:
Quote:
Quote:
Evil is doing something to someone that they do not want to be done to themselves. I do not want you to break into my home and steal from me. That is a hurt to me. I do not want someone to shoot me with a gun while I'm window shopping. That is a hurt to me. I do not want someone to jump a curve and kill me because they lost control with their car. That is a hurt to me. Is that enough, or do you need more?
Quote:
I do not want to have the area behind my ears scrubbed. That is a hurt to me. Ouch! I said that hurts. You are an evil mommy! :glare:
Quote:
The term "evil" refers to doing something to someone with the intent to do harm.
Quote:
I see, this must be an evolving definition since "the intent to do harm" was not included in the definition you posted previously.
That's true. It doesn't always involve intent to do harm. The original definition holds although there are exceptions such as when a baby is too young to have a vote. That being said, the mother will try to minimize his discomfort if she is doing something he doesn't like.

Quote:
A mother is doing what is best for her baby, until her baby can take responsibility for himself.
Quote:
According to your definition of evil is what Andrea Yates did to her children evil or not?
She thought she was doing what was best for them, but her reasoning was distorted. She wasn't evil; she was sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Yates
"It was the seventh deadly sin. My children weren't righteous. They stumbled because I was evil. The way I was raising them, they could never be saved. They were doomed to perish in the fires of hell."
She killed them to save them from going to hell. She was just trying to do what was best for her children. Isn't that what a loving mother should do?
The teachings of religion put fear in her heart. She believed her children were doomed because of her evilness. In her distorted way of thinking she thought she was doing the right thing. She was not born evil Angakuk.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-17-2013)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy