Go Back   Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration

Old 10-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Default Re: What Is Harassment?

" I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)
Old 10-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Hi Crumb:
What do you assume I don't understand?
What do you assume Latinijral didn't understand?
I don't assume, but I can see that you don't. Let me put it plainly. Latin's presence here made the forum suck. No one but morons want to post at a forum that sucks. This is why vm and liv acted. They don't want to run a forum for morons.

You will not get Latin back. You are wasting keystrokes.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb
Quote:
Hi Crumb:
What do you assume I don't understand?
What do you assume Latinijral didn't understand?
I don't assume, but I can see that you don't. Let me put it plainly. Latin's presence here made the forum suck.
Did you interacted with him? Did you put him on ignore?Did you try?
http://www.freethought-forum.com/for...1&postcount=17
So let's see, that post was 3 days before he was banned.

Now, the following post, from another Ignore Latinijral thread , was also 3 days before he was banned . It is from you, Crumb:
http://www.freethought-forum.com/for...04&postcount=2

Why you didn't ignore that "moron"?
How long that "moron" posted at this forum? Three months?
And all that time you were enjoying and following his posts?
Some people could think you were the moron for doing so.

I guess you are happy enough while you write in those light emoticons threads , those threads about nothing, those killing sumbitch thread , those word association threads, those threads that will never die , etc.
Some people think those threads are designed just for morons, very pathetic , a waste of bandwith, pointless, etc.

But they also respect your right to write on them, while they avoid to read or write on them. Include me in those who respect your choise to like those "topics".

Should someone start a campaign to ban you just because they consider you a moron that make this forum sucks posting , creating and feeding those pointless threads?

Be sure I never will, and be sure you will never see me posting on those threads, but I will ever respect your right to write on them.
Quote:
No one but morons want to post at a forum that sucks. .
That is your interpretation of what a moron should be, this FF is open to all , morons included. Or do you think this FF is only open for smarts and brilliants like you?

Quote:
Do you think
This is why vm and liv acted. They don't want to run a forum for morons..
So you interpretated that way VM and Liv banned action to latinijral ?
Do I have to tell you are a moron for that reason? I don't think so, I better tell you that was not what they wrote as their excuses to take that dishonesty action, so take another look or ask them in private to explain you much better.

Quote:
You will not get Latin back. You are wasting keystrokes.
Are you speaking in name of the administrators or are you expressing your frustations to debunk my evidence or just showing your FF fanatism and servilism? Who told you that I want Latinijral back?

Thanks,
Carlos

P.S.
Look at Warren , he thinks I didn't read (or copy? ) his last post here, before he edited it.
At least he could give an apology to the FF member who was directed to, since he thinks it might be harassment ( Last edited by Warren : Yesterday at 10:02 PM. Reason: redacted, might have been construed as harassment )
http://www.freethought-forum.com/for...&postcount=269
His post would be a good example to know what really is or not harassment. We will see if he is a complete coward or an honest man who recognizes his mistakes .
Old 10-29-2005, 12:26 AM
A fellow sophisticate

I wish I hadn't read your last post here, Carlos. Now you're flooding the board with insults directed at me. I think I'll open a thread complaining about it. Fuckhead.

BTW, do you know where the Sears Hotel in Mexico is? Just wondering.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I wish I hadn't read your last post here, Carlos. Now you're flooding the board with insults directed at me. I think I'll open a thread complaining about it. Fuckhead.

BTW, do you know where the Sears Hotel in Mexico is? Just wondering.
Go cry to your big mama and post the link when you do it.

Coward.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 02:44 AM

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

This thread has become infected with wanking cuntflaps. These dangerous insects must be destroyed as soon as possible.

The moderators have called in a team of fumigation experts.

Please, FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, VACATE THIS THREAD

IMMEDIATELY

Old 10-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches

This thread has become infected with wanking cuntflaps. These dangerous insects must be destroyed as soon as possible.

The moderators have called in a team of fumigation experts.

Please, FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, VACATE THIS THREAD

IMMEDIATELY

FF doesn't have moderation at all.
This is a dictatorship.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Deleted message
Last edited by Warren : 10-27-2005 at 05:02 PM. Reason: redacted, might have been construed as harassment
This coward posted something that he thinks nobody read.
Even the dictators read it what this coward wrote.

He is not even honest to apology to the FF member to whom was directed his post and who read it.

Since this thread is about harassment I will use his same post and change the names in order that people discuss what is harassment.

Honest is to say that Warrenly is Abe,a pseudoskeptic pedophile.

What is your fear?

Your example is helpful.

Coward.

Thanks,
Carlos

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 10:47 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

What's wrong with dictatorship? I'm a Usenet moderator, and I have absolute and unquestioned authority over comp.lang.c.moderated, and have for ten years. So?
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Old 10-29-2005, 12:06 PM

Light hearted threads should always be part of the boards.
If you only discussed serious topics all the time things would either end up like this thread, abuse being thrown left right and centre or boring.

Look at this thread, it's not going anywhere at all.

Oh this doesn't work, need to update everything :oops:
Old 10-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyza
I think nobody said, until now, those threads should not be part of FF.
Quote:
If you only discussed serious topics all the time things would either end up like this thread, abuse being thrown left right and centre or boring.
You have the choise to ignore it. You don't want to.
It is your problem. Not FF problem, until now.
Going anywhere is your interpretation without any argument ( you have many posts here) that sustain your claim.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
This is a dictatorship.

Thanks,
Carlos
sar·casm
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
This is a dictatorship.

Thanks,
Carlos
sar·casm
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm.
Your sarcasm is permitted by the FF rules.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 03:23 PM

If I understood what you just said without having to guess at it's interpretation I would answer properly, as I don't want to misinterpret your post I will just say it is choice not choise.

I mean I'm one to talk about bad spelling, but like you I have a reason for it, not the same reason but still a reason.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
If I understood what you just said without having to guess at it's interpretation I would answer properly, as I don't want to misinterpret your post I will just say it is choice not choise.

I mean I'm one to talk about bad spelling, but like you I have a reason for it, not the same reason but still a reason.
It is not against the FF rules , what you said.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 03:55 PM

Quote:

I beg to differ. There is plenty of meat and plenty of potential for serious and interesting discussion in this thread. It all depends on what the participants choose to concentrate on, and what they choose respond to. Just because someone posts something derailing in a thread does not mean that anyone has to respond to it.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Quote:

I beg to differ. There is plenty of meat and plenty of potential for serious and interesting discussion in this thread. It all depends on what the participants choose to concentrate on, and what they choose respond to. Just because someone posts something derailing in a thread does not mean that anyone has to respond to it.
I completely agree with you.

I've been reading your posts . It seems that you know about USA laws regarding harassment.
Are you a lawyer ?

Now to the harassment point :

Warren posted a message :10-27-2005, 09:20 PM

Warren deleted the same message:10-27-2005 at 10:02 PM.

http://www.freethought-forum.com/for...&postcount=269

Last edited by Warren : 10-27-2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: redacted, might have been construed as harassment

I read the message . Was on air 42 minutes.

Warren's messahe was adressed to one of the posters who is writing now at the FF and to another poster who was banned from FF.

I am going to change the nicknames of the posters to whom was directed.

"Honest is to say that Warrenly is Abe, a pseudoskeptic pedophile."

Do you consider it harassment or not?
I well appreciate your opinion and reasoning about it.

Is calling someone pedophile a criminal offense?Libel ? Slander?

Thanks,
Carlos

P.S.

I will apreciate also your opinion about my argument about your point here.
http://www.freethought-forum.com/for...&postcount=271
Old 10-30-2005, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunachick
Free speech: why does it often have so little to do with the open discussion of an assortment of interesting topics, taboo or otherwise, and so much to do with the 'right' to troll?

:shrug:
You got me thinking, luna. I wanted to respond to this in more detail.

Free speech calls up a lot of mixed emotions. Like anyone else, I have my biases and predilections, my likes and dislikes. There are things I feel angry about. Some things that people say do bother me, sometimes for content, sometimes for style, and sometimes for both. People have feelings.

I try to exercise some discretion, however, both about who and what I respond to, and about how I express myself. I do that for several reasons. One is, I want to be understood. Another is, I want to invest my time wisely. Time is all that life is made up of, and the time I have is limited. I’m trying to get the most out of my life that I can. So much time spent on heat without light seems a waste of that life, to me. So I try to maximize the profitability of my relationships.

Michael Josephson, an ethics teacher, wrote to the effect that, "what we condone, we effectively encourage." He told a story of a teenage boy who talked to his father about the temptation to cheat on an exam. The father, trying to be "neutral," left the son to his own devices in making a decision. Josephson pointed out, rightly I think, that not stating a clear moral position (i.e., "cheating is wrong") itself communicates a moral message, that honesty is somehow "optional." For me, personally, interpersonal (and even internet) civility is not "optional." I don't get to call people names if I "feel like it." I don't get to be mean in return just because somebody did it first. That's not because my speech isn't "free," it's because I'm attempting to exercise self-control. The people I interact with don't deserve to be treated badly. I don't like being treated badly myself. So I endeavor not to treat others badly.

There may be a "right" to be nasty or obnoxious in exercising free expression. But just because I "have a right" to do something doesn't mean that it "is right" to do it.

It occurs to me that there is more than one way to deal with a perceived problem of too great a noise-to-signal ratio on a message board. Crafting a rule, attempting to define "harassment" and prescribing some legalistic penalty to enforce it, is only one among several ways of dealing with a perceived problem. Social opprobrium and/or ostracism may also be an effective means of dealing with mischievous behavior in a community. Perhaps I should have taken the initiative to express myself more clearly, to the extent that I regard name-calling as wrong, and I regard behaving reactively in anger as at least unwise, if not also wrong. It's not the character I wish for myself.

I agree very much with the adage that, “I may dislike what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” The emphasis is usually placed on championing the “right to say it.” But another aspect of the adage is saying, “I dislike what you say,” or “I disapprove of what you say,” or “I don’t agree with what you say.”

Rev. Terry Cole-Whittaker (and others, I’m sure) used to say, what you put out to the universe is what you get back. If there is a lot of acrimony in my life, I must be contributing to it somehow. So I have to remind myself to spend more time putting good out into the universe. In some ways, you get the community that you deserve. I like the community here, most of the time. I have the impression that there has been a lot more anger and discord here, lately. At least that’s the way it seems to me. There might have been less if I had stepped up to the plate and said straight out what my values are.

What I come here for is the opportunity to talk to sensible people about serious topics in a civilized way. I’m pretty disappointed sometimes. Sometimes what I am interested in doesn’t interest anyone else. Sometimes the substance gets lost in a flood of other posts. Occasionally, I behave badly myself. Sometimes I unintentionally hurt someone’s feelings.

I must then strive to refocus my attention on what is important to me. I must make amends where amends are due. Love is important to me. Comradeship is important to me. Empathy and compassion are important to me. Courage is important to me: courage is the form of all virtues at the sticking point (not original with me, but I don’t remember who said it).
Old 10-30-2005, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, you are right I apologise, I was responding to the one person who appears to respond like a broken record.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM
mesospheric bore

Good post, maddog. Thanks for that, there's some stuff in there I'll be pondering.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, you are right I apologise, I was responding to the one person who appears to respond like a broken record.
Apologies accepted.
But you are still free to keep listen the broken record.
That's your choise.
I respect that

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-30-2005, 01:29 AM

See how much you don't listen Carlos, I'm really not having a go at you but it's a "C" not an "S", I mean you're even using the correct word and there's a good deal of native English speaking people who use the wrong one.

Ih and the apology was not to you so I have no idea why you are accepting it.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
See how much you don't listen Carlos, I'm really not having a go at you but it's a "C" not an "S", I mean you're even using the correct word and there's a good deal of native English speaking people who use the wrong one.

Ih and the apology was not to you so I have no idea why you are accepting it.
I respect your choise to keep listening your broken record.
Is English your first language?
If it is, then use it properly.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-30-2005, 01:53 AM

Quote:

Thanks,
Carlos
English obviously isn't even your third or fourth language. Being a hypocrite is, however, something in which you have a degree.

CHOICE you fucking illiterate moron. It's spelled C-H-O-I-C-E. Look it up in a dictionary. That's one of those big books with lots of words in it.

If you want to tell someone to keep listening TO a broken record, even if you are that broken record, at least make some attempt not to miss out any words.

Christ, this thread and the people in it make me want to draw blood.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Carlos
English obviously isn't even your third or fourth language. Being a hypocrite is, however, something in which you have a degree.

CHOICE you fucking illiterate moron. It's spelled C-H-O-I-C-E. Look it up in a dictionary. That's one of those big books with lots of words in it.

If you want to tell someone to keep listening TO a broken record, even if you are that broken record, at least make some attempt not to miss out any words.

Christ, this thread and the people in it make me want to draw blood.
I see, your English is better than mine.
You discovered the warm water.
My English can be improved but your lack of argumentation is still here.
Anyway , I respect your CHOICE to keep listening to your broken record.

Thanks,
Carlos

Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration