Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: All Gov Funded Organizations Providing Pro-Choice Options Under Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post

Those "greedy abortion providers" usually offer numerous additional, and affordable, services (often on a sliding fee scale)...like pap smears, STD/HIV testing and treatment, birth control, and educational services.
I know, they make a profit margin 3 times that of the oil companies.
Assuming, for the sake of argument, that this is true, that is just the Free Market at work, law of supply and demand, doncha know. :capitalistpig:

Of course it isn't really a free market, is it? What with the supply being artificially constricted by government regulation.
Adam (07-14-2011), ChuckF (06-26-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Re: All Gov Funded Organizations Providing Pro-Choice Options Under Attack

Their $100,000,000 plus yearly profit can not afford basic emergency care for the women that desire treatment?

Fuck those women, they signed up, I need my fucking PROFIT and I can't be bothered to provide them with emergency care if the shit goes wrong.

You are TRAPing my profits.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 AM
the internet says I'm right

I would assume you have a citation for that figure, but that would make an ass out of me.

You're already an ass, so I guess you don't have anything to worry about.
Thanks, from:
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:48 AM

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...007_vFinal.pdf
Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

So, you are talking exclusively about Planned Parenthood. You do realize, don't you, that there are other abortion providers?

Last edited by Angakuk; 06-26-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Thanks, from:
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 AM

Right, I provided the evidence of ability to pay for the lifesaving of women and you still could give a fuck.

Why do you need for the provider to have such a large profit?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:10 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
BP made a 5.6 billion dollar profit in the first quarter of 2010. What the hell are you talking about?
Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-26-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 AM

Also, it's a non-profit organization. The net revenue stays with the organization to fund facilities and services. Again, what the hell are you talking about?

In 2009 they netted 63 million and you're comparing them with big oil?

2009 report .pdf
Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-26-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Imaginary math, I believe. With irrational numbers, perhaps?
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), LadyShea (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), Pan Narrans (06-27-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 AM

For claiming to be a businessman in the top 1% he sure has a lot of fucked up notions about money. Apparently he can't read financial reports either.
Thanks, from:
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 AM
the internet says I'm right

This is almost as amusing as when he talks about taxes.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
For claiming to be a businessman in the top 1% he sure has a lot of fucked up notions about money. Apparently he can't read financial reports either.
It poses the question "What can Jerome do?"

I've never seen anything from him that ever indicated his claimed five or six medium-sized corporations wouldn't be better off under the leadership of a lobotomized goldfish.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Clutch Munny (06-26-2011), Qingdai (06-27-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Actually, if you look closer, you will see that they lost a few million due to investment losses - these being 2009 figures that is not surprising. They may have a stake in their employee pension funds that required propping up, or they may try to get additional funding by investing some of their money.

In fairness, Jerome was going on about their profit margin, not the actual profits. And if they were a for-profit organisation, they would be rather juicy - about 10% on a billion turnover is not to be sneezed at. In this case it would simply go to next years budget, and suggests that they have room for additional projects, or if they are supplying proper services currently, that they are well-run.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
BP made a 5.6 billion dollar profit in the first quarter of 2010. What the hell are you talking about?
profit margin
Old 06-26-2011, 12:57 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

So, you are against medical service providers making a profit?

Also JEROME, as a legal scholar you are no doubt familiar with People ex rel. Groman v. Sinai Temple 20 Cal. App. 3d 614, and should have no trouble applying it to this set of facts. Right?
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-10-2016)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post

Also JEROME, as a legal scholar you are no doubt familiar with People ex rel. Groman v. Sinai Temple 20 Cal. App. 3d 614, and should have no trouble applying it to this set of facts. Right?
That has nothing to do with the ability of this organization to afford the life saving instruments that are required by these regulations.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post

That has nothing to do with the ability of this organization to afford the life saving instruments that are required by these regulations.
So, you are in favor of the government controlling how health care providers spend their revenue?
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-10-2016)
Old 06-26-2011, 03:04 PM

The Planned Parenthood meets all of Kansas' new regulations as I already posted...which included such life saving important stuff as larger janitors closets. The 2 other clinics in Kansas did not.

So yeah, PP can afford to meet the ridiculous TRAP laws in most cases, because they have the funds to do it. Non PP providers often cannot.

Does that make you happy Jerome? Are women's lives being saved by eliminating 2 out of only 3 providers in Kansas?
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), The Man (04-10-2016)
Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM

As a society we regulate for safety all manner of industries, you wouldn't want gasoline stations operating in an unsafe manner just because a few may go out of business.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:03 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

So, you are in favor of the government instead of the free market deciding which businesses succeed and which businesses fail? (lol this is so easy, no wonder you do it all the time)
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), Angakuk (06-27-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Demimonde (06-28-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), LadyShea (06-27-2011), livius drusus (06-27-2011), Naru (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), SharonDee (06-26-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
So how does expanding the size of janitor's closets save lives? How about the size of waiting rooms?

If these regulations are so vital, why are they only being imposed on abortion providers and not other outpatient providers like dental surgery and plastic surgery centers?

Lastly, which patient in Kansas has actually died as a result of having too small a waiting room or for want of a sufficiently large janitor's closet? It follows, if these regulations are indeed "life saving", that someone somewhere would perish without them.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-27-2011), maddog (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Does that make you happy Jerome? Are women's lives being saved by eliminating 2 out of only 3 providers in Kansas?
It's worth noting that until 2009, there used to be a fourth.

The timing of this law is probably not coincidental. Anti-choice activists publicly tut-tut at murdering clinic doctors, but they rely on them to change the "facts on the ground" as the Pentagon might say, and later swoop in to attempt to clear out all the other abortion providers whose doctors haven't been assassinated.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), ChuckF (06-26-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), erimir (06-26-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), LadyShea (06-27-2011), lisarea (06-26-2011), Pan Narrans (06-27-2011), Pyrrho (06-26-2011), Stephen Maturin (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
As a society we regulate for safety all manner of industries,

:screaming:

Yeah, cause this is about safety. Unless :chin:
Thanks, from:
Gonzo (06-27-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-27-2011, 12:43 AM

Rochester Police Intimidate Neighborhood Over Illegal Arrest Caught on Tape

Quote:
During a public meeting to discuss support for Emily Good and issues on police accountability, the RPD appeared at the Flying Squirrel Community Space to harass and intimidate attendees.

At approximately 5:30pm, four police cars were seen driving east on Troup St. and then turned right onto Clarissa St. The police cars parked a block down from the Flying Squirrel and got out of their cars holding clips boards and ticket books. They proceeded to walk down the line of parked cars on Clarissa St. checking registrations and inspections directly across from where the meeting was taking place. They then proceeded to pull out rulers to measure the distance from the curb to the tires of each car. They stated that they had received civilian complaints regarding cars being parked too far from the curb on Clarissa St.

Several people received tickets alleging they had parked more than 12 inches from the curb. The fine was marked as $35. Throughout the evening the police continued to circle the streets surrounding the Flying Squirrel.

&feature=player_embedded
Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 AM

Here is the original incident.

Woman was arrested for videotaping police from her front yard in Rochester, New York. On the video, she is heard voicing her property rights to the comandeering officer to which he than replies: "It doesn't matter; you're not listening to my orders."

&feature=related

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law