Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 06-25-2011, 07:32 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: All Gov Funded Organizations Providing Pro-Choice Options Under Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Those are known as TRAP laws (targeted regulation of abortion providers). They are horrible, Jerome, because they usually only apply to one type of business, abortion clinics, or if they write it in such a way as to apply to other businesses, they put in convoluted waiver policies so that nobody has to comply except abortion clinics.

85% of US counties do not have an abortion provider, mostly due to TRAP laws. States cannot outlaw abortion outright, so they are regulating them out of business.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Clutch Munny (06-26-2011), freemonkey (06-25-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), lisarea (06-25-2011), Naru (06-25-2011), Nullifidian (06-25-2011), SharonDee (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Re: All Gov Funded Organizations Providing Pro-Choice Options Under Attack

So, you guys are against government regulation of medical services?
Old 06-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
85% of US counties do not have an abortion provider, msotly due to TRAP laws. States cannot outlaw abortion entirely, so they are regulating them out of business.
What are you saying here? That someone that wants an abortion can't get one?
Old 06-25-2011, 07:42 PM

What regulation of abortion should be allowed?
Old 06-25-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Not at all. I am against specifically targeting only one type of medical service for extra regulations that have nothing to do with patient safety or quality of care.

If these regulations applied to ALL medical service providers, without waivers, I wouldn't have a problem.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), freemonkey (06-25-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), Naru (06-25-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
85% of US counties do not have an abortion provider, msotly due to TRAP laws. States cannot outlaw abortion entirely, so they are regulating them out of business.
I am saying that in 85% of the country women have to travel to get an abortion, sometimes for hundreds of miles, and that puts an undue burden on women trying to access a legal medical service.
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-10-2016)
Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
The same regulations that apply to all medical services, providers, and facilities.
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-10-2016)
Old 06-25-2011, 07:48 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
:lol: This subtly crafted work of logic and rhetoric reflects your legal mind at work.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Clutch Munny (06-26-2011), freemonkey (06-25-2011), Kael (06-25-2011), LadyShea (06-25-2011), Naru (06-25-2011), Nullifidian (06-25-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-25-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Not at all. I am against specifically targeting only one type of medical service for extra regulations that have nothing to do with patient safety or quality of care.

If these regulations applied to ALL medical service providers, without waivers, I wouldn't have a problem.
:unsure:

the stocking of emergency equipment, medications and blood supplies, and ties to nearby hospitals

Abortion is a pretty invasive procedure, these seem like requirements which will save the lives of women.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am saying that in 85% of the country women have to travel to get an abortion, sometimes for hundreds of miles, and that puts an undue burden on women trying to access a legal medical service.
What percentage of counties have cancer treatment facilities?
Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The same regulations that apply to all medical services, providers, and facilities.
All medical services are not the same. Some are more dangerous then others, it looks like the greedy abortion providers are out for the cash, not the well being of the women needing the service.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:56 PM

Emma Jean Butler is suing Planned Parenthood for $50 million dollars in damages. Butler took her daughter to the D.C. Planned Parenthood on September 7, 2006 to abort a child conceived in rape. During the abortion, the young girl sustained severe abdominal bleeding, severe vaginal injury, severe injury to the cervix, significant uterine perforation, and a small bowel tear. In addition, parts of the child were found inside young girl’s abdomen on September 8, 2006. Because of these injuries, the young girl will be infertile for the rest of her life.

Planned Parenthood Federation of America has an annual total income of $1.02 billion with profits of $115 million.

I think they can afford to properly care for the women in need.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:01 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Abortion is...
:uncatch:
Quote:
these seem like...
:uncupandball:
Quote:
What percentage of counties have cancer treatment facilities?
Not enough, to be sure.
Quote:
greedy abortion providers

:capitalistpig:
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), Anastasia Beaverhausen (06-26-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Clutch Munny (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
Abortion is an emotional issue used to get the proles to take sides, like sports fans.
Quote:
I don't vote for either major party. I am claiming that the abortion issue is a tool used to get the proles to divide though an emotional Pavlov like response.
How does it feel to be a prole, Jerome?

I'm pretty sure owners of five medium-sized corporations don't count as members of the proletariat, though.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

:unsure:

the stocking of emergency equipment, medications and blood supplies, and ties to nearby hospitals

Abortion is a pretty invasive procedure, these seem like requirements which will save the lives of women.
Quote:
All medical services are not the same. Some are more dangerous then others, it looks like the greedy abortion providers are out for the cash, not the well being of the women needing the service.
It's not anymore dangerous than childbirth or cosmetic surgery (specifically liposuction) or some dental procedures, nor is it "pretty invasive" as it doesn't include any incisions. The complication rate is very low compared to other medical procedures and the death rate from complications even lower.

Again, if other clinics, like say cosmetic surgery clinics or dental surgery clinics, are subject to the same regulations, then fine.
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Yebbut, those kinds of clinics don't do procedures that have the potential to destroy Western Civilization. That is a significant difference, don't you think?
LadyShea (06-26-2011), Naru (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:49 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

You've never been to my dentist.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), Anastasia Beaverhausen (06-26-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Crumb (06-26-2011), LadyShea (06-26-2011), Naru (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
it looks like the greedy abortion providers are out for the cash, not the well being of the women needing the service.
Those "greedy abortion providers" usually offer numerous additional, and affordable, services (often on a sliding fee scale)...like pap smears, STD/HIV testing and treatment, birth control, and educational services.

Abortion costs way, way less than a hospital childbirth, or a nose job, or fertility treatment, and few people openly seek to commit violence against these other types of medical service providers or picket, vandalize or destroy their facilities, so MDs would do better to go into a different field if money is their motivation rather than women's health.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), ChuckF (06-26-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Clutch Munny (06-26-2011), livius drusus (06-26-2011), Naru (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012), Watser? (06-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Quote:
Abortion is an emotional issue used to get the proles to take sides, like sports fans.
Quote:
I don't vote for either major party. I am claiming that the abortion issue is a tool used to get the proles to divide though an emotional Pavlov like response.

I'm pretty sure owners of five medium-sized corporations don't count as members of the proletariat, though.
I dunno. I've read Jerry make claims of being in the top 1% just a week or two ago, so he's prolly being really modest about the actual sizes of all five of his actual business operations. :capitalistpig:

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
A lawyer for the Aid for Women clinic in Kansas City, Kan., said Friday that it received a notice that its application for a license had been denied by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment without an inspection. Attorney Cheryl Pilate said the clinic was looking at its legal options but would have to close, at least temporarily.

The clinic received its notice on the same day the leader of a regional Planned Parenthood chapter said inspectors who spent two days at its Overland Park clinic found it will comply with all new regulations. An inspection of the third provider is scheduled for Wednesday. All three are in the Kansas City area.

"We're doomed," said Dr. Herbert Hodes, who performs abortions for the third provider, the Women's Health Center, also in Overland Park.
I agree with this analysis
Quote:
It seems pretty clear that the state will leave one abortion clinic open in order to fight any lawsuit claiming that the state has made access to abortion impossible, violating Roe V. Wade. It would make the most sense to leave the Planned Parenthood clinic open, then enforce Kansas's attempt to ban funding to the group, forcing the clinic to lay off staff and increase wait times, once more limiting women's access to abortions.
Both quotes from here

Here's some info about TRAP laws

And more TRAP info

Jerome, I don't for one second believe you give a shit about this issue, but this is important info so I am using your comments as a springboard.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-14-2011), chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Clutch Munny (06-26-2011), Crumb (06-26-2011), Ensign Steve (06-26-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), Kael (06-26-2011), lisarea (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 AM

Quote:
using your comments as a springboard
custom user title itt

Thanks, from:
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 AM
the internet says I'm right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I dunno. I've read Jerry make claims of being in the top 1% just a week or two ago, so he's prolly being really modest about the actual sizes of all five of his actual business operations. :capitalistpig:
He has claimed he pays himself a salary bigger than the President's, which is currently $400k base plus a few expense budgets. That puts him well into the 95th percentile for income in the US, probably in the top 1%, but I can't be arsed to check.

Not that it's at all relevant to the staggering ignorance and asinine behavior he continues to display at every turn. Jackass-ery knows no class.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (06-27-2011), Gonzo (06-26-2011), Nullifidian (06-26-2011), The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 AM

:aristea:

Thanks, from:
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 04:33 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
You've never been to my dentist.
Not likely to either. No way would I want someone who has had his/her hands in your mouth to put those same hands in my mouth.
The Man (02-02-2012)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:

Those "greedy abortion providers" usually offer numerous additional, and affordable, services (often on a sliding fee scale)...like pap smears, STD/HIV testing and treatment, birth control, and educational services.
I know, they make a profit margin 3 times that of the oil companies.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law