Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: All Gov Funded Organizations Providing Pro-Choice Options Under Attack

:giggles: @mumfnumfteen percent
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: All Gov Funded Organizations Providing Pro-Choice Options Under Attack

Too many people talk about these things as though they're just hypotheticals, as though these laws are all some kind of grade school exercise in values clarification or something, and not the government intruding into some of the most significant personal decisions people will ever have to make:

Abortion Law: Mother Denied Abortion, Then Had To Watch Baby Die - NE StatePaper.com
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-08-2011), Clutch Munny (03-09-2011), freemonkey (03-09-2011), Gonzo (03-08-2011), JoeP (03-09-2011), Kael (03-08-2011), LadyShea (03-08-2011), Naru (03-08-2011), Nullifidian (03-09-2011), Pan Narrans (03-09-2011), Qingdai (03-10-2011), Sophia (03-10-2011), Stormlight (03-10-2011), The Man (03-08-2011), Watser? (03-09-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Ah but the baby touched air, at that point it's out of the pro-lifers hands and solely the Mother's responsibility. But don't worry Pro-lifers aren't insensitive to matters like these, the Baby could have been legally shot by the Hospital for trespassing.
Thanks, from:
freemonkey (03-09-2011), Naru (03-08-2011), Nullifidian (03-09-2011), Qingdai (03-09-2011), Stormlight (03-10-2011), The Man (03-10-2011), Watser? (03-09-2011), wei yau (03-09-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Quote:
Too many people talk about these things as though they're just hypotheticals
In part because the reality of such things are so hard to believe. :facepalm:

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-09-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

It is what it is, pea. These things happen for a reason.
Thanks, from:
lisarea (03-09-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Yeah, they don't care about Harlequin Fetus, devastating forms of Trisomy, Hydrocephalus, etc. they only care that the woman cannot choose. Monsters, especially the one who said it was so much better for the baby to die slowly while her parents watched.
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-09-2011), Deadlokd (03-09-2011), freemonkey (03-09-2011), godfry n. glad (03-09-2011), Kael (03-09-2011), lisarea (03-09-2011), Nullifidian (03-09-2011), The Man (03-10-2011), Watser? (03-09-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
and not the government intruding into some of the most significant personal decisions people will ever have to make:
Wait, what?

Government funding is needed for all "significant personal decisions people will ever have to make", or just this one?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
A deficit hawk, are you?
Shrug.

Quote:
Okay so you'd back any and all cuts in government spending even if they are specifically aimed to deny a person of their rights?
By this thought I am denied my rights to free speech because the government does not provide me with a National Television Broadcast.

Quote:
I suppose you are also against all raises in taxes, too?
I am against raising taxes on the workers, in fact I would argue that the workers are paying too much now.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

I assume that Jerome stands ready to adopt and raise to adulthood every unwanted crack baby born in the absence of laws which provide the education and a real set of OPTIONS for the woman to choose from.

It seems to me that Jerome just wants it so that one option is forbidden.

Or, does he just oppose the provision at public expense? Is that it? That only rich women, or those with the means to obtain adequate medical service, will be allowed access to abortions?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
I assume that Jerome stands ready to adopt and raise to adulthood every unwanted crack baby born in the absence of laws which provide the education and a real set of OPTIONS for the woman to choose from.
Godry itt admits to agreeing with abortion being used as a eugenics tool.

At least you are honest, this I applaud.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Monsters, especially the one who said it was so much better for the baby to die slowly while her parents watched.
I think there was more than one, but this is the most monstrous:
Quote:
Julie Schmit-Albin, who heads Nebraska Right to Life, told the AP in a Sunday interview that the tragic outcome was better than an abortion:

"We acknowledge the tragedy that occurs with a poor prenatal diagnosis for the baby. But isn't it more humane for the baby to die in a loving manner with comfort care and in the arms of her parents than by the intentional painful death through abortion?"
Humane? I don't think she understands the concept.

In what way was the live birth not intentionally, preventably painful? It was futile and did not serve love, comfort or the value of life in any way.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Clutch Munny (03-09-2011), Crumb (03-09-2011), Deadlokd (03-09-2011), freemonkey (03-09-2011), LadyShea (03-09-2011), Nullifidian (03-09-2011), Qingdai (03-09-2011), Sock Puppet (03-09-2011), Stephen Maturin (03-09-2011), The Man (03-10-2011), Watser? (03-09-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Banned for copyright violations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:

Actually, contraceptives, birth control and sterilization make abortion less rather than more likely. It's probably not difficult to see why a woman who is less likely to conceive is less likely to require an abortion.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (03-22-2011), Crumb (03-10-2011), LadyShea (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROLL DA TROLL View Post
Pretty sure wanting women who aren't healthy enough to deliver healthy babies to have the option of abortion has nothing to do with "eugenics." :yawn:

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (03-10-2011), Qingdai (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:07 AM

Pretty sure The Man knows nothing of the issue outside of the current political memes.
Sophia (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned for copyright violations

Quote:
Pretty sure The Man knows nothing of the issue outside of the current political memes.
Well, did you see that post I made in your "welfare state" thread? I've said it almost word for word in several strongly Asian-American venues, on and offline. The result, time and time again? 1) Universal agreement, 2) Zero flames.

Here, the number of times a post is thanked tends to be inversely proportional to the truth content of the post.

I've noticed that authoritarian multiculti Whites are often quite insular. They often evince little concern for people who just don't fit into their Evil Whitey Oppressin' Poor Righteous Blacks and Browns narrative. They think I have a "right wing" attitude toward NAMs.[1] If they actually were to talk in depth with anywhere near as many Asian Americans as I do, they'd tend to be shocked.

[1] Non-Asian Minorities
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you missed the fact that eugenics contains the same root as the word "gene." Drug addiction is hardly a genetic condition. It is an illness.

@Soph!a:

:halftroll:

:yawn:

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Fishy mokey

Yeah, it's hard to get good trolling these days. Even with two or three of the hottest trolls of the month in one thread it's still all too often a snooze fest.
Adam (03-10-2011), beyelzu (03-22-2011), Deadlokd (03-10-2011), lisarea (03-10-2011), Naru (03-10-2011), Nullifidian (03-10-2011), Qingdai (03-10-2011), The Man (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:54 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:
Quote:

No need, since you have misinterpreted my comment. See Lady Shea's statement above. You can take on caring for all those babies, and their exceedingly costly life-support systems, too.

You're going to have your hands full.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
No need, since you have misinterpreted my comment. See Lady Shea's statement above. You can take on caring for all those babies, and their exceedingly costly life-support systems, too.

You're going to have your hands full.
Please explain your comment then.

I understand it that you are claiming if these undesirable children are born then they are a drain on society, thus it would make a better society to exclude these people.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:30 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Sophia this is cogent, pertinent and logical as well as it doesn't refer to race, IQ, or yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Actually, contraceptives, birth control and sterilization make abortion less rather than more likely. It's probably not difficult to see why a woman who is less likely to conceive is less likely to require an abortion.
Therefore I thanked it.

This on the other hand is a classic shitpoast for your persona du jour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Well, did you see that post I made in your "welfare state" thread? I've said it almost word for word in several strongly Asian-American venues, on and offline. The result, time and time again? 1) Universal agreement, 2) Zero flames.

Here, the number of times a post is thanked tends to be inversely proportional to the truth content of the post.

I've noticed that authoritarian multiculti Whites are often quite insular. They often evince little concern for people who just don't fit into their Evil Whitey Oppressin' Poor Righteous Blacks and Browns narrative. They think I have a "right wing" attitude toward NAMs.[1] If they actually were to talk in depth with anywhere near as many Asian Americans as I do, they'd tend to be shocked.

[1] Non-Asian Minorities
See the difference?
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-10-2011), beyelzu (03-22-2011), Deadlokd (03-15-2011), JoeP (03-10-2011), Nullifidian (03-10-2011), The Man (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 PM

In related news: LiveAction's pretend pimp James O'Keefe has released an 'expose' video on NPR which shows one of their execs making negative remarks about the teaparty and Republicans to two actors posing a Muslim men as proof that the government funding them is funding a baised organization. O'Keefe has since claimed that he has also talked with the people at PBS and that he will be releasing more wankery in the coming days. Exciting news for FOX who have used it as an excuse to spend the week with a parade of guest commentators and 'experts' who hate national radio and public broadcasting (and dissenting voices). Yes, FOX, NPR and PBS are the baised news sources. Lulz. It just does not cease to amaze me the coincidence of LiveAction James O'Keefe's simueltaneous release of 'evidence' condemning these various organizations and the anti-liberal bills in Congress. Fucking weasel.

The Atlantic, Chris Good:
Quote:
MoveOn: No One Should Take James O'Keefe Seriously
Mar 8 2011

MoveOn.org, a staunch defender of public broadcast, today denounced James O'Keefe's undercover video in which a high-level NPR exec disparages Republicans and suggests NPR would be better off without public funding.

MoveOn has previously come to NPR's defense as congressional Republicans have sought to eliminate federal funds for public broadcasting. Last month, MoveOn asked its members to sign an online petition to "Save NPR and PBS."

When asked for comment about the video, MoveOn Executive Director Justin Ruben had this to say about O'Keefe's video in a statement sent via e-mail:
Quote:
This is part of a well documented effort by O'Keefe, Breitbart and many others on the right to use so-called 'stings' to target people they disagree with. As we have seen with past videos - like Planned Parenthood or Shirley Sherrod--the videos are often times heavily edited and the whole truth doesn't come out for days. O'Keefe has a long history of ridiculous stunts. Remember this is the guy who was arrested in New Orleans for trying to tap Senator Landrieu's phone and once tried to come up with an outlandish scheme to lure a CNN reporter onto a 'palace of pleasure' to embarrass the network. I just don't understand why anyone takes him seriously.

NPR is a vital source of independent journalism. That is why more than 1.2 million people have signed a petition we will deliver next week telling Congress not to defund NPR. If anything, stunts like this from O'Keefe show why we need strong independent media outlets.

Thanks, from:
The Man (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM

You can watch the NPR video on The Source.

Interesting commentary on HuffPo, Michael Shaw:
Quote:
From the concluding picture of the NPR building to the shot near the beginning of the fake Islamic front-group's website ((not to mention the split-screen, the pull-out quotes and the political symbols), I'm interested in the "meta" here, specifically, how the NPR-O'Keefe Muslim sting video ultimately targets Obama. I say that because, just like the-far right tried hard to associate Obama to radical Islam and terrorism in '08, clearly they are ginning it up again.

I read it like this, working from the last frame forward:

Obama, the father of the bloated stimulus plan (see Recovery Act sign) and the socialist who presides over this entitled (white table cloth) big-brother government is also the funder of NPR. NPR, as a front group and closet propaganda mouthpiece for the foreign-born, Muslim, terrorist-sympathizing President, is only too thrilled to take Ibrahim's check and align itself with the usual radical Islamic suspects out there, namely Hamas and Hezbollah. More than that, though, where "the real payoff" comes is in forming a brand new association with the Muslim Brotherhood (right there under the green star-and-crescent) -- the Brotherhood being the newly minted bogeyman and scare phrase on the lips of the radical right given that this organization is (surely, with the foreign-born Obama's tacit support) on the verge of: turning Egypt and the Middle East into a raging radical Islamic cauldron, destroying Israel, making off with all the oil and billions in U.S. weapons, imposing Sharia law on Michigan, Wisconsin and the rest of America, and then bringing on Armageddon.

Thanks, from:
The Man (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM

:dddp:

Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 AM

In related abortion news, a teenage girl has been refused an abortion because her grammar apparently indicates that she is too immature to make the decision to have one. Yet, apparently, she is mature enough to raise a child. :headasplode:

I would be willing to bet money that the "problems" with her grammar are that she used AAVE, but I doubt we'll ever know.

Thanks, from:
Adam (03-15-2011), erimir (03-15-2011), Gonzo (03-15-2011), JoeP (03-15-2011), lisarea (03-15-2011), Naru (03-15-2011), Nullifidian (03-18-2011), Watser? (03-15-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

The grammar reason is bullshit pretty much on any grounds.

Will be mentioning this to other people in the linguistics department because it is relevant to their interests.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law