Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Default Re: New And Improved Rant Thread, now with 50% more profanity!

Kid was diagnosed with developmental delays, but since in Oregon, any school services cut off at kindergarten and he's just about in kindergarten, I'll have to go through my ever-changing health insurance to get him any occupational therapy or something.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 PM
ŧiggermonkey

That sucks, Qingdai, sorry to hear it.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Vaginally-privileged sociopathic cultist

Fucking sunburned all fucking over. Fucking HURTS. Fucking kills my shoulders just to wear a bra, goddamnit.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 AM

Fuck! You change my oil and rotate my tires and now my car is broken? What did you fuckers do?! Damn right, you're gonna refund what I paid you! Damn right, you're gonna tow it to Nissan for repairs at NO CHARGE to me, for either the tow or the repair.

Oh, gee whiz. Now I'll be forced to drive the Mazda tomorrow. Aw, shucks. Ain't that just awful? :convertible:

But what's this? The fucking battery on the Mazda is dead?! Oh no, you dint! Fine, I figured I did something wrong last weekend when it died so I had AAA come out and charge the battery. But days later it's dead again? Okay that's a problem battery so now, CarMax, it's your turn to feel my wrath! You will make this right again or I'll know the reason why. No way I broke the battery in only three weeks; you will give me another one gratis. I, the seriously aggrieved and pissed, demand it!

God, maybe I should just convert the garage into a stable and buy a horse!

:hissyfit:
Caligulette (03-12-2010), curses (03-12-2010), Demimonde (03-12-2010), Dingfod (03-12-2010), freemonkey (03-12-2010), Stormlight (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonDee View Post

A-fucking-men.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:15 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Oh, but then there are vet's fees and you'd have to have a ferrier on retainer...
Thanks, from:
inland wave (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonDee View Post
Fuck! You change my oil and rotate my tires and now my car is broken? What did you fuckers do?! Damn right, you're gonna refund what I paid you! Damn right, you're gonna tow it to Nissan for repairs at NO CHARGE to me, for either the tow or the repair.

Oh, gee whiz. Now I'll be forced to drive the Mazda tomorrow. Aw, shucks. Ain't that just awful? :convertible:

But what's this? The fucking battery on the Mazda is dead?! Oh no, you dint! Fine, I figured I did something wrong last weekend when it died so I had AAA come out and charge the battery. But days later it's dead again? Okay that's a problem battery so now, CarMax, it's your turn to feel my wrath! You will make this right again or I'll know the reason why. No way I broke the battery in only three weeks; you will give me another one gratis. I, the seriously aggrieved and pissed, demand it!

Sounds like you need a man around the house.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Yeah. Yeah, I do. Know one?

No drunkards need apply. One was enough of those, thank you.
Caligulette (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Nope.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:50 PM
lumpy proletariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdai View Post
Kid was diagnosed with developmental delays, but since in Oregon, any school services cut off at kindergarten and he's just about in kindergarten, I'll have to go through my ever-changing health insurance to get him any occupational therapy or something.
School services CUT OFF at kindergaarten? Fuck one A, Oregon is a regressive snot-hole sometimes.

For you a big hug. He's a sweet kid, one of the more fascinating and charming.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Yeah, school services for the diagnosis of developmental delays, early intervention programs stops at kindergarten, I guess it becomes not early intervention at that point.
Some states it goes on for another year or two, there isn't good coordination between various social services.
I'm sure that doesn't happen in any other states.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 PM
A fellow sophisticate

lisarea invited me to join HH, for which I have never forgiven her for, but it was the Livius Doozieus that invited me here. She hates me so because I went "Woooooooooooooo!!!"
Thanks, from:
lisarea (03-12-2010), Ymir's blood (03-13-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Queen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
lisarea invited me to join HH, for which I have never forgiven her for, but it was the Livius Doozieus that invited me here. She hates me so because I went "Woooooooooooooo!!!"
so........

Last edited by inland wave; 03-12-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Queen?

The bank I use is in the 2nd floor lobby of the building where I work. I went to the ATM to get money before I left the building. Everything was working or so I thought--after my requested amount of money was accepted, the machine asked if I would like a receipt to which I pushed the yes button. I heard the machine count the money and spit out the receipt, the only thing is that the money did not come out of its slot for me to pick up and count. I tried a couple different times to get the slot to open and spit out the money, but it was wishful thinking. I go to the receptionist desk for her to tell me that I would have to fill out paper work in triplicate for a dispute report and wait 10 days for a response from the bank. A lady happen to go over the ATM machine to get money and it processed her request and spit out all of the money! She was kind enough to come up to the desk and tell the receptionist that she was over paid by the ATM machine. The receptionist asked the lady how much she requested from the machine.and proceeded to check both of our checking accounts to make sure the monies requested were actually accounted for and subtracted from our accounts. She distributed the money that we had requested according to our ATM receipts which made each of us very happy. I was angry at first, and frustrated secondly. What the hell?? I mean really, don't these machines get cleaned and checked regularly for accuracy?? At least it happened with two respectable and honest people, but it could have been a very different ending. Geeze....

Last edited by inland wave; 03-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Thanks, from:
Ymir's blood (03-13-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 PM
The cat that will listen

I have sneezed 200 million times today. Or thereabouts.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:23 AM
lumpy proletariat

membership news/rant

I am waiting to hear if I am about to maybe own a house instead of having money in the bank. Made an offer, with a deadline (today), haven't heard. Want the house and have also convinced myself that I don't (except that I have also picked out what kind of groundcover to plant, so....).

I would like to have this - unless it would be bad for me - and in that case, no, but really would like to have this.

Fucketty fuck fuck fuck.

Also - stupid fuck ex-boyfriend/person who impregnated and abused me, ended up closing out the credit card account on which I was a secondary signer for about a month (and I will say which I never CHARGED anything through,but on which I did make PAYMENTS!!) ended up settling for less than he owed. GUESS on whose credit report this blips up? It will fall off in October, but in the mean time....

AT LEAST he's an ex, and not a still continuing mess, as it could have been if I hadn't wised up a little! Fucken A I got out alive! (So, member rant bubble glow?)
Old 03-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Ai ya!
Seems like that it something you could correct by writing the credit companies.

Yay! House!

Boo. I now know the name of some good electricians, heating repair and roofing companies. Wish I knew of some better inspectors.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inland wave View Post
Quote:
so........
I'm sorry, did I invite you here?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Queen?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inland wave View Post
Quote:
so........
I'm sorry, did I invite you here?
I think you invited the whole FF group here when you posted your rant, silly.
Dingfod (03-13-2010)
Old 03-13-2010, 02:56 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fuck, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart.

Only I could fuck up the farts.
You mean this rant?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Queen?

Quote:
Quote:
Fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fuck, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart.

Only I could fuck up the farts.
You mean this rant?

One of many Ding, one of many.....
Old 03-13-2010, 07:00 PM
lumpy proletariat

Still no word. I am grumpy. Plus my glands are swolley and I am also grumpy.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Dammit!!! I'm thinking about filing a complaint with the United Nations Commission on Human Rights in regards to Daylight Saving Time. It's damn inhumane to rob me of an hour of sleep just so some farmer or construction company can make use of the extra daylight in the mornings. If they want to use that extra daylight, they should get up earlier and leave the rest of us alone.

My cellphone made the time-space continuum jump, and since it is what I use for an alarm clock, I made it to work on time. My stupid dumbass atomic clock didn't make the jump and it is stuck in the past. If last year is any indication, it will make the jump later today sometime, when I'm not looking, of course.

You smart people are probably sleeping in and it went unnoticed. To all of you, I say "Phfffffft!"
Thanks, from:
Ymir's blood (03-14-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 04:25 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Daylight Saving Time, I hate, hate, hate it. I hate giving up an hour of sleep. Getting an extra one next fall does not make up for it. But, that's not my problem today. This time change causes me to be short of kumquats. Explanation to follow.

My real world job is to monitor and somewhat control a product produced in New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming. My job is mind-numbingly boring most of the time, that's why I get time to be on the internet. The way the business works is this, my company merely transports and processes other company's product, and clean it up to make the meet interstate transportation quality standards, moving the product to the interstate transporters. Our customers own the product, they buy it directly from producers. We merely process and move it to the interstate transporters for a fee and whatever we can make from selling the liquid that is extracted during the cleaning. The interstate transporters in turn transport the product to whoever buys it from the marketers or shippers, we call them end users. Sometimes the producers are also our customers, probably more half of them are both customer and producer. Occasionally, they are also the end users the product is delivered to, but most of the time they are not.

The customers, or shippers, schedule quantities of product to be processed and transported on a daily basis. 363 days a year (364 in a leap year), this means 24 hours of product processing and transportation, but twice a year there is a deviation from this standard, the transition to and from Daylight Saving Time. Every Spring there is a 23 hour day and every Fall there is a 25 hour day. They schedule in daily quantities, not hourly. But, one would logically think they would account for how many hours there are in a day. But noooooo, that's too hard, too complicated to do twice a year.

What does that mean to me? The interstate transporter with a scheduled quantity of 900,000 kumquats per day (arbitrary unit of measurement) needs to move product at a rate of 939,130 kumquats per day to actually get the 900,000 kumquats in 23 hours. That would be fine, and I totally grasp the concept, but for the fact that the people that do the transportation and processing scheduling haven't figured this out and they just schedule whatever product was produced the previous day, which was a 24 hour day, 4.2% longer than the 23 hour day.

If their scheduled quantity was only 11 kumquats, the difference would be less than one kumquat, no big deal at all. But, with 900,000 or 1,314,608 kumquats scheduled, we're talking some serious kumquats now, truckloads of kumquats someone out in Batshiat Junction, California needed to make some nice kumquat chutney or pie. And it's not like they have an option, those end users have customers that have already ordered the chutney or pie and are expecting to eat it today or early tomorrow. They'll eat someone's chutney and pie regardless. So, we're fucking the end users out of kumquats. Oh, I'm sure we'll pay the kumquats back at a later date, but for now, they're short a bunch of kumquats.

That's nothing compared to the fall when I'm awash in kumquats because I've got 25 hours worth of them but only 24 hours of them scheduled. And goddammit, I hate kumquats.
Thanks, from:
Ymir's blood (03-14-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Forum Killer

Quote:
Daylight Saving Time, I hate, hate, hate it. I hate giving up an hour of sleep.
Come to Saskatchewan. We watch with barely-concealed hilarity as the rest of the world screws up their sleep twice anually on the screeching orders of Little Bush Jr. (and miss all our plane flights. But it's worth it.)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium