Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 AM
?!

Default District 9

If you had the misfortune of watching the Wolverine film, you might have seen the viral trailer for the movie "District 9". Before I looked anything up on it, I immediately thought it was Independence Day 2. As though it was the year 2009 after the events that took place during the movie ID4. It turns out that doesn't seem to be the case, which let me down. Aside from that, it shows itself as the (typical) oppressive humans don't trust the poor ugly aliens. Also I can't stand Peter Jackson's films, but maybe a 3 hour long alien flick will change my opinion. I'm predicting that they actually aren't trustworthy, and it will be filmed very presumptiously, made of news footage, interviews, and security cams, so as to keep the audience in the dark.

Why I wished ID4:

Anyway, the ship looked like an independence day ship, and the alien, somewhat also like ID4 aliens, though it was blurred. The humans seem pretty "warmed up" to the fact that there are aliens there, and they are persisting in a relatively third-world section of South Africa, leading me to have thought that they either surrendered after ID4, or the south africans couldn't knock it out and they just decided to integrate into the only society they had left. But it would have been pretty neat to see a sequel.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature