Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 08-24-2024, 08:58 PM
California Sober

Default Re: An Arf-Arf Here and a Meow-Meow There... E I E I O!

Samesies! :beloved:
beyelzu (08-24-2024), BrotherMan (08-26-2024)
Old 08-24-2024, 09:48 PM
Crafty Agitator

I :hearts: pugs! They have a big dog atttude in a tiny body. And BIG EYES!
beyelzu (08-24-2024), BrotherMan (08-26-2024)
Old 08-25-2024, 03:48 AM
California Sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by vremya View Post
They have a big dog atttude in a tiny body.
Indeed. I took him with me for a jog in the city and I felt extra safe with my little Bruiser of a bodyguard.
beyelzu (08-25-2024), BrotherMan (08-26-2024), JoeP (08-25-2024), slimshady2357 (08-25-2024), Sock Puppet (08-27-2024), vremya (08-25-2024)
Old 08-25-2024, 09:08 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

IMG_7556.jpeg

Curley slept on the couch last night, but tonight he chooses the recliner.
BrotherMan (08-26-2024), slimshady2357 (08-25-2024), Sock Puppet (08-27-2024), Stephen Maturin (08-28-2024), vremya (08-25-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 06:03 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

About 6 weeks ago we started hearing a cat meowing over and over near a school we walk by with the dog. We weren't able to see the cat for the first week or two. We walk the dog that way at night most nights and most nights there was this relentlessly meowing cat. Finally we found him one night and Sou gave him some pets while I kept our WAY too interested greyhound well away.

He seemed like a lovely cat, very friendly and the most talkative cat I've ever heard in my life. He seemed in good health and we just thought he was a local cat that someone let out at night. Probably to get away from the meowing :lol:

Well this went on for a couple weeks and then he would start following us home, walking about 10 yards behind us and talking all the way. We'd take turns giving him pets and it was actually good training for Bran as we could reward him for ignoring the cat.

About a week ago I saw a post on the local Facebook page by someone else asking if anyone knew whose cat this was and there was a picture of our little buddy. The post mentioned that he was very talkative and was trying to get inside their house. No one knew who he belonged to, but everyone agreed he never shut up :giggle:

So we were worried he was lost or dumped or something. The next time he followed us home Sou gave him some food. That was last Friday. Well he basically moved into our back yard and we've been feeding him and waiting to take him to our vets to see if he's chipped. Yesterday was a Bank Holiday here so we finally got to take him in today. He was in fact chipped! The vet was very sketchy about it all, they wouldn't say who owned him or the address. I can understand that, but honestly the vet treated us like we had kidnapped him. Or that was how I felt. After we left I mentioned that to Sou and she said she thought the vet was acting sketchy too. They said they would take the cat for 7 days and try to find it's owner. I think Sou felt more like they knew we wanted to make sure the cat got home (or at least to a good home somewhere if the owners didn't want it) and they didn't want to tell us what would happen if 7 days passed and no one came for him. Sou made a note to call in 6 days and see what happened, because this was a lovely cat and we didn't want to see him put down. They did tell us his name was Taco* :8D

I posted on our local Facebook page that his name was Taco and which vets we left him at in case anyone knew the owners. In minutes that group was buzzing and people managed to work out the owners as they had posted about Taco in a different group.... 11 months ago :eek: One of the people called the owners and confirmed that the vets had called them and Taco was already home.... after 11 months :eek:

I can only imagine how happy I would be to see my pet after being gone for 11 months, probably thinking they were dead :happycry:

We were saying on the way over to the vets that the best possible result would be he was chipped and the owners were happy to see him. We had no idea he was missing for so long and I honestly thought he was dumped there and the owner didn't want him. Best possible ending :D

Taco.jpg

*Should be Talk-o, this cat never shuts up!
BrotherMan (08-27-2024), ceptimus (08-27-2024), Crumb (08-31-2024), Ensign Steve (08-28-2024), JoeP (08-28-2024), SharonDee (09-22-2024), Sock Puppet (08-27-2024), Stephen Maturin (08-28-2024), vremya (08-28-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 11:01 PM
THIS IS REALLY ADVANCED ENGLISH

In a rare moment, Jolene and Tuco make it into the same frame.

Jolene is a Russian Blue, and hypoallergenic enough to be allowed in the house. Rescued her at c. 8 months old, when there was still a chance she would grow out of her "primordial pouch." Nah, she's a hangbelly for life. We tell some people that's where she keeps her gun.

I don't have a shot of it hanging down as she walks like an old man's scrotum, but here it is all spread out:

They're sort of a reverse Ren & Stimpy, with a little, cranky, cantakerous cat and a big, sweet, round dope of a dog. Well, subspecies of dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jolene belly.jpg (1.74 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Jolene and Tuco.jpg (97.0 KB, 7 views)

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-28-2024), ChuckF (10-06-2024), Ensign Steve (08-28-2024), JoeP (08-28-2024), slimshady2357 (08-28-2024), Stephen Maturin (08-28-2024), vremya (08-28-2024)
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
California Sober

Kirby got nuetered and now he's pouting. Or is he? It's hard to tell since his face always looks like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kirby-cone.jpg (1.83 MB, 7 views)
BrotherMan (Today), Sock Puppet (Yesterday), specious_reasons (Yesterday), vremya (Today)
Old Today, 02:06 AM
Crafty Agitator

The cone of shame! Poor guy
BrotherMan (Today)
Old Today, 05:00 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

kirby's face! :ffcry:

I just can't even.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle