Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 07-21-2024, 10:52 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: 2024 Presidential Election Shittastic Shittacular

I can't wait to see what the Talking Heads say about how this affects his reelection chances.
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (07-23-2024)
Old 07-21-2024, 11:48 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
Is there anyone here who thinks Joe Biden’s party is going to let him run against Trump?
Not anymore.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 07-21-2024, 11:59 PM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
I can't wait to see what the Talking Heads say about how this affects his reelection chances.
Crumb (07-22-2024), Ensign Steve (07-22-2024), JoeP (07-22-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-22-2024), LarsMac (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 12:25 AM
Pontificating Old Fart

Ya gotta admit, It was pretty clever of him to wait 'til the Rethuglicans finished up their Convention before he made the call.

:2thumbsup:
Old 07-22-2024, 04:07 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Biden can read an entire page of text, multiple sources say Trump can't/won't if it doesn't have pictures or isn't mentioning him enough. He was clearly way, way, more qualified to do basically anything but be loud. On the other hand, this feels like one of those "congratulations, you caught the car" moments.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Old 07-22-2024, 01:20 PM
Admin

I watched the first post-announcement Trump rally and it was funny watching him try to remember that Biden was no longer his target. He kept alternating between Biden, Biden-Harris, and "whoever they pick" when criticizing the Dems policies.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 01:23 PM
Admin

I suspect Kamala will be the presumptive nominee until the convention, and if she's polling well they'll keep her. Otherwise it'll be an open convention, which is an idea I don't hate either but which seems riskier to me just at a gut level. Hard to say though, of course.
Old 07-22-2024, 04:32 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

We spent a bit of time, last night, reading up on Harris.
Seems like a pretty sharp person. I can't wait to see a debate between her and the Conman. I'm guessing he'll find a way to avoid such an event.
slimshady2357 (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 05:02 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

He's already whining about how it was "fraud" for them to swap out Biden after Republicans spent millions of dollars attacking him.

And Trump is already laying the groundwork for dropping out of the September debate, posting on Truth Social:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto
My debate with Crooked Joe Biden, the Worst President in the history of the United States, was slated to be broadcast on Fake News ABC, the home of George Slopadopolus, sometime in September. Now that Joe has, not surprisingly, has quit the race, I think the Debate, with whomever the Radical Left Democrats choose, should be held on FoxNews, rather than very biased ABC. Thank you! DJT
Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-22-2024), LarsMac (07-22-2024), slimshady2357 (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
He's already whining about how it was "fraud" for them to swap out Biden after Republicans spent millions of dollars attacking him.

And Trump is already laying the groundwork for dropping out of the September debate, posting on Truth Social:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto
My debate with Crooked Joe Biden, the Worst President in the history of the United States, was slated to be broadcast on Fake News ABC, the home of George Slopadopolus, sometime in September. Now that Joe has, not surprisingly, has quit the race, I think the Debate, with whomever the Radical Left Democrats choose, should be held on FoxNews, rather than very biased ABC. Thank you! DJT
I love it when I'm right about something.
[It happens so seldom,...]
Old 07-22-2024, 07:41 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

CO Gov. Jared Polis on whether he'd accept an offer to serve as Harris's running mate:

Quote:
Look, if they do the polling and it turns out that they need a 49-year-old balding gay Jew from Boulder Colorado, they got my number.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-23-2024), ceptimus (07-22-2024), Ensign Steve (07-22-2024), JoeP (07-22-2024), LarsMac (07-22-2024), ShottleBop (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-22-2024), Sock Puppet (07-22-2024), viscousmemories (07-23-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 08:45 PM
California Sober

:hellyes:
Old 07-22-2024, 10:06 PM
Take back the weird

Good implied point, though - I'm guessing the wanks wonks will be pushing for someone as whitebread, male, cis/het, and "centrist" (i.e., the far right edge of the party) as possible. Hopefully they'll remember they need a reliable tiebreaker Senate vote, though, and not pick fucking Manchin.

ETA - forgot he's just gone Ind. Fuck him anyway. Don't pick the next Manchin, Lieberman, et al. either.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (07-22-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), Stephen Maturin (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 10:12 PM
California Sober

Is Newsom too far left? I don't know how he looks from outside my Bay Area bubble. As far as I can tell, he's a cis-het-presenting silver fox who hearts capitalism, so maybe okay?
JoeP (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), Stephen Maturin (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 10:20 PM
Take back the weird

Too much of teh ghey - the Repugs would be reminding their base non-stop about his very public issuance of same-sex marriage licenses in deliberate defiance of current state law. I'd say that showed leadership and conviction, but that ain't the way it'll play in the sticks.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (07-22-2024), JoeP (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), Stephen Maturin (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Is Newsom too far left? I don't know how he looks from outside my Bay Area bubble. As far as I can tell, he's a cis-het-presenting silver fox who hearts capitalism, so maybe okay?
Personally, he's always had a bit of too slick sleazy energy. I think outside of California, he might play a bit as the stereotype of a coastal liberal elite.

I can see how Buttigieg almost has a bit of the same, but he avoids mostly (significantly helped by not wearing his hair slicked back lol).

However, the main issue with Newsom is that both he and Harris are from California.

Harris could certainly change her residency to avoid any 12th Amendment Electoral College issues, but that also means Newsom doesn't really balance the ticket geographically (he does add the balance of being a white man, but white men are a dime a dozen).

Suggestions seem to be that Harris will likely pick someone 1) white 2) male and 3) from the South or Midwest.

There's also some possibility of picking Mark Kelly from Arizona, but I think that opens up a Senate seat where you don't want to open one up (although at least it wouldn't be an issue for the first two years due to the Dem gov getting to appoint a replacement).

I don't think being a male ought to be so assumed or necessary - I think a Harris-Whitmer ticket could be quite good (just based on what little I know of Whitmer).

But the main names being talked about are Andy Beshear (KY gov), Roy Cooper (NC gov) and Josh Shapiro (PA gov).

Buttigieg is a great attack dog and also from the Midwest, which is not bad for a VP candidate, but he hasn't been rumored to be under consideration. (Since Trump is trying to pretend that the party isn't really anti-gay, he could cause their mask to slip more on that issue.)
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-22-2024), Ensign Steve (07-23-2024), LarsMac (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), Sock Puppet (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 12:41 AM
Pontificating Old Fart

Of those, I think Kelly is probably the best choice. He has more creds on the national political arena than all those mostly State level politicians.
Though, as was pointed out, Arizona can ill afford to lose him, just now, with Lake prowling the back streets of Phoenix.
Old 07-23-2024, 03:21 AM
Pontificating Old Fart

That was what happens when you start to post, and get called away, and come back several outs later.
Sorry
Old 07-23-2024, 03:40 AM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Mrs. S has always thought him to be a tool.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:02 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Idk why you guys are pretending. I mean this site isn’t mainstream. They are letting poor Joe look bad against Trump so at the last minute, probably September, they can introduce a very likable candidate and all of the JOE supporters will say YAY! And that is how the slimy democrats will win the election. Probably because election fraud will raise too many eyebrows.
You nailed it. Biden could no longer pass the election fraud, nobody, not even the most liberal woke judges, would buy another fake landslide 4 am pile of votes giving him the election win.

So now the clownshow starts over, with a new puppet.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 07-23-2024, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Idk why you guys are pretending. I mean this site isn’t mainstream. They are letting poor Joe look bad against Trump so at the last minute, probably September, they can introduce a very likable candidate and all of the JOE supporters will say YAY! And that is how the slimy democrats will win the election.
Thank you FX for reminding me of this very silly post.

The Democrats will be very slimy and win unfairly by putting forth a likeable candidate well before the election, who people will say YAY and vote for, is what I'm taking from this? Quite perfidious.

I can see how likeability would seem unfair when your candidates are Trump and Vance, but still...
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-23-2024), Ensign Steve (07-23-2024), fragment (07-23-2024), JoeP (07-23-2024), ShottleBop (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), Sock Puppet (07-23-2024), Stephen Maturin (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 02:01 PM
Admin

I would love to see a Harris-Whitmer ticket but a) two women may be a bridge too far for the country who still wonders aloud "can woman govern" and b) I would very much like for her to stay in the governor's seat tyvm. The talking heads I listen to are leaning Beshear and based on the little I know about all of them, if I had to bet I would bet on him.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (07-23-2024), LarsMac (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), Stephen Maturin (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 04:24 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Over $100 million for the Harris campaign thus far, with nary a penny needing to be spent on criminal defense lolyers or supersedeas bonds.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-23-2024), ChuckF (07-23-2024), Ensign Steve (07-23-2024), slimshady2357 (07-23-2024), viscousmemories (07-24-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 04:34 PM
Forum gadfly

We know from the last election that the candidate for the left isn't that important.

It's being able to steal the election, and not get caught.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 07-23-2024, 05:17 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
We know from the last election that the candidate for the left isn't that important.

It's being able to steal the election, and not get caught.
When I saw your name on the forum list next to this thread, I thought “I wonder what stupid thing he wrote today?”

Now I know.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-23-2024), JoeP (07-23-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law