Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-05-2024, 01:33 PM
Forum gadfly

Default Re: A revolution in thought

I would venture the six regulars here think it is. They can think whatever they want.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-05-2024, 01:36 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Other problems are that dogs pay more attention to moving things than static images - but tv screens don't have a high enough frame rate for dogs (they distinguish movement better than humans). If you had a high frame rate video screen and a recording of sufficient frame rate, then a dog might react to a video of their master.
Wow, so old. Modern screens now, do indeed have enough resolution that both dogs and cats can be completely fooled now.

Even in 2011 some people had new displays that were able to do that shit. Can fool people too.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-05-2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Other problems are that dogs pay more attention to moving things than static images - but tv screens don't have a high enough frame rate for dogs (they distinguish movement better than humans). If you had a high frame rate video screen and a recording of sufficient frame rate, then a dog might react to a video of their master.
Wow, so old. Modern screens now, do indeed have enough resolution that both dogs and cats can be completely fooled now.

Even in 2011 some people had new displays that were able to do that shit. Can fool people too.
Might react to a video of their master? That's easy to test. And what about dogs that can't recognize their masters 10 feet away, when their sense of smell is unavailable? No modern screens where this could be a factor. ��

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-05-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:01 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I’m done here for reasons I’m sure you all understand.
Farewell, again, forever, peacegirl. As the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I know that your gormless corruptions cannot withstand the purifying crucible of the Authentic Text.

In parting this last time, I extend to you this magic elixir (call it what you will - corollary, slide rule or basic principle): THOU SHALL NOT BLAME, and hope mightily that you may transmute yet the baser metals of your blameful nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age.

We shall await you there.
Thanks, from:
davidm (02-05-2024), JoeP (02-05-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 04:24 PM

dupe

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-05-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Farewell, again, forever, peacegirl. As the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I know that your gormless corruptions cannot withstand the purifying crucible of the Authentic Text.

In parting this last time, I extend to you this magic elixir (call it what you will - corollary, slide rule or basic principle): THOU SHALL NOT BLAME, and hope mightily that you may transmute yet the baser metals of your blameful nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age.

We shall await you there.
You obviously read nothing.

If someone is not being hurt in any way, is it possible for him to retaliate or turn the other cheek? Isn't it obvious that in order to do either, he must first be hurt? But if he is already being hurt and by turning the other cheek makes matters worse for himself, then he is given no choice but to retaliate because this is demanded by the laws of his nature. Here is the source of the confusion. Our basic principle or corollary, Thou Shall Not Blame, call it what you will, is not going to accomplish the impossible. It is not going to prevent man from desiring to hurt others when not to makes matters worse for himself, but it will prevent the desire to strike the very first blow. Once you have been hurt it is normal and natural to seek some form of retaliation for this is a source of satisfaction which is the direction life is compelled to take. Therefore, this knowledge cannot possibly prevent the hate and blame which man has been compelled to live with all these years as a consequence of crimes committed and many other forms of hurt, yet God's mathematical law cannot be denied for man is truly not to blame for anything he does notwithstanding, so a still deeper analysis is required. Down through history no one has ever known what it means that man's will is not free and how it can benefit the world, but you will be shown the answer very shortly. There is absolutely no way this new world, a world without war, crime, and all forms of hurt to man by man can be stopped from coming into existence. When it will occur, however, depends on when this knowledge can be brought to light.

We have been growing and developing just like a child from infancy. There is no way a baby can go from birth to old age without passing through the necessary steps, and no way man could have reached this tremendous turning point in his life without also going through the necessary stages of evil. Once it is established, beyond a shadow of doubt, that will is not free (and here is why my discovery was never found; no one could ever get beyond this impasse because of the implications), it becomes absolutely impossible to hold man responsible for anything he does. Is it any wonder the solution was never found if it lies hidden beyond this point? If you recall, Durant assumed that if man was allowed to believe his will is not free it would lessen his responsibility because this would enable him to blame other factors as the cause. If he committed crimes, society was to blame; if he was a fool, it was the fault of the machine which had slipped a cog in generating him. It is also true that if it had not been for the development of laws and a penal code, for the constant teaching of right and wrong, civilization could never have reached the outposts of this coming Golden Age. Yet despite the fact that we have been brought up to believe that man can be blamed and punished for doing what he was taught is wrong and evil (this is the cornerstone of all law and order up to now, although we are about to shed the last stage of the rocket that has given us our thrust up to this point); the force that has given us our brains, our bodies, the solar and the mankind systems; the force that makes us move in the direction of satisfaction, or this invariable law of God states explicitly, as we perceive these mathematical relations, that SINCE MAN'S WILL IS NOT FREE, THOU SHALL NOT BLAME ANYTHING HE DOES. This enigma is easily reconciled when it is understood that the mathematical corollary, God's commandment, does not apply to anything after it is done C only before.

"I don't understand why God's commandment applies to something before it is done, and not after. Does this mean you can blame after a crime has taken place? And doesn't this go back to the same problem man has been faced with since time immemorial; how to prevent the crime in the first place, which is the purpose of our penal code? How is it humanly possible not to judge, not to criticize, not to blame and punish those acts of crime when we know that man was not compelled to do them if he didn't want to? If someone killed my loved one, how is it possible not to hate the individual responsible, not to judge this as an act of evil, not to desire some form of revenge? I still don't understand how not blaming will prevent man from hurting his fellow man if this is his desire. Though this may be an undeniable corollary, how is it humanly possible not to hold someone responsible for murder, rape, the killing of six million people, etc.? Does this mean that we are supposed to condone these crimes or pretend they didn't happen? Besides, what will prevent someone from blaming and punishing despite the fact that will is not free -- if it gives him greater satisfaction? Just because man's will is not free is certainly not a sufficient explanation as to why there should be no blame."

This has always been the greatest stumbling block which kept free will on the throne until the present time. It is a natural reaction to blame after you've been hurt. The reason God's commandment does not apply to anything after it is done, only before, is because it has the power to prevent those very acts of evil for which a penal code was previously necessary, as part of our development. At this juncture, I shall repeat a passage from Chapter One to remind the reader of important facts that must be understood before continuing.

Old 02-05-2024, 04:30 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Welcome back again from being gone forever again, peacegirl. :wave:
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-05-2024), Crumb (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 05:03 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
You have done harm . . .
Elderly, entitled white folk certainly have some entertaining ideas as to what qualifies as "harm."

Quote:
. . . and expect me to excuse you.
No one here "expects" anything of you other than what you've been delivering in spades for nearly thirteen years, peacegirl.

Quote:
You made it nearly 1.5 hours! Not bad for someone who's utterly bereft of self-control!

But seriously, we've been over this before. You'll leave for good when I goddamn jolly well tell you to do so, not a minute before.

Quote:
I don’t have a chance in hell to prove this author knew what he was talking about.
Common ground! That there statement is absolutely true (though for reasons wholly different than you believe)!

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-05-2024), davidm (02-05-2024), JoeP (02-06-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 10:15 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

I do rather enjoy peacegirl's blameful accusations about not having read things invariably directed at the people - possibly the ONLY people - who have read literally all of it.
Thanks, from:
davidm (02-05-2024), JoeP (02-06-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I do rather enjoy peacegirl's blameful accusations about not having read things invariably directed at the people - possibly the ONLY people - who have read literally all of it.
You are such a liar. You don't have a f*%&$* clue what this book is about. What is the discovery, Chuck? You don't know. Why is man's will not free, according to the author? You don't know. What are the 3 forms of first blow? You don't know. What is the two-sided equation? You don't know. Why does conscience increase, under the changed conditions? You don't know. These are the most basic questions, and you can't answer any of them. You failed miserably!!!!!! :yup:

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-05-2024 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:01 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Welcome back, peacegirl.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-06-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 11:03 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Right?! peacegirl has been advocating online for the Corrupted Text since at least 2002. AFAICT, every interaction went exactly the same way, at least at every forum where she wasn't banned for dipshittery right out of the gate.

All those failed encounters have one thing in common, but peacegirl has no idea what that is. :sadcheer:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-05-2024), davidm (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Right?! peacegirl has been advocating online for the Corrupted Text since at least 2002. AFAICT, every interaction went exactly the same way, at least at every forum where she wasn't banned for dipshittery right out of the gate.

All those failed encounters have one thing in common, but peacegirl has no idea what that is. :sadcheer:
I don't care what you have to say Maturin. I have nothing more to say to you.

Old 02-05-2024, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Welcome back, peacegirl.
Answer the questions Chuck. You know you can't. But you read the whole book. :lol:

Old 02-05-2024, 11:21 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

What is the Grass on the Field Axiom, peacegirl? You don't know. What is the Boohog Corollary, according to the Author? You don't know. What is proscribed by the Butt Stuff Injunction? You don't know. What is the proof of the Surreptitious Aphrodisiac Theorem? You don't know. Why did Harry fuck Mary in the ass no more forever? You don't know.
Thanks, from:
davidm (02-05-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 11:45 PM
Spiffiest wanger

peacegirl, can you explicate the significance of the Ur-penis? No, I don’t think you can, because if you could, you would never have eliminated that entire crucial passage from your bowdlerized Corrupted Text.
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 11:51 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Sadly, peacegirl is simply unwilling or unable to open the door marked "My penis is like a phallic symbol." :sadcheer:

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-06-2024), davidm (02-06-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 11:58 PM

Quote:
What is the Grass on the Field Axiom, peacegirl? You don't know. What is the Boohog Corollary, according to the Author? You don't know. What is proscribed by the Butt Stuff Injunction? You don't know. What is the proof of the Surreptitious Aphrodisiac Theorem? You don't know. Why did Harry fuck Mary in the ass no more forever? You don't know.
Thank you Chuck. That's exactly what I expected. Go back to school. :lmao:

Old 02-06-2024, 12:43 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Indeed - my students are waiting to learn from me about the Authentic Text.
Thanks, from:
davidm (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 01:19 AM
Forum gadfly

I miss peacegirl. It was sad to hear of her departure.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-06-2024, 03:19 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

I wish there were a source for the original text somewhere. Like, I don't think it's persuasive, but it was clearly much better than the corrupted text. Unfortunately, the original is out of print, and no one with rights to it is willing to publish.

Sorta wanna suggest making sure the Internet Archive gets a copy of the original.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Old 02-06-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
I wish there were a source for the original text somewhere. Like, I don't think it's persuasive, but it was clearly much better than the corrupted text. Unfortunately, the original is out of print, and no one with rights to it is willing to publish.

Sorta wanna suggest making sure the Internet Archive gets a copy of the original.
Theyve got you brainwashed. His books have not been corrupted. The one I compiled I took great pains not to change anything regarding the core of his discovery. The things these trolls goof on are superfluous. I challenge anyone to read the first three chapters (yes, it’s my compilation, but I am the true steward and did it with great care) and then get back to me. Answer the questions I gave Chuck which he can’t answer, and then we can have a productive conversation which has been prevented ever since the three trolls took over.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:00 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
... ever since the three trolls took over.
I saw that movie

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-06-2024, 01:12 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:

ChuckF has the original, authentic text, which predates peacegirl’s mutilation of it, and her transformation of it into the Corrupted Text, a botched, horrific chimera of it, which includes her own interpolations, such as anti-vax screeds. ChuckF is the true steward of the Authentic Text, while peacegirl attempts, without success, to hawk the corrupted version of it in exchange for lucre.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:

ChuckF has the original, authentic text, which predates peacegirl’s mutilation of it, and her transformation of it into the Corrupted Text, a botched, horrific chimera of it, which includes her own interpolations, such as anti-vax screeds. ChuckF is the true steward of the Authentic Text, while peacegirl attempts, without success, to hawk the corrupted version of it in exchange for lucre.
David is just another troll who cannot accept he is wrong. He then does what anyone does when they are threatened. They go on the attack to save face. That’s when the smears begin. This smearing of the author has gone on for years! David can’t stand that science may have been wrong about the eyes. His summary of his first discovery was not only incomplete, but on top of that he could not understand what “he was compelled, of his own free will” meant. It was explained but he ignored it just like he ignored why seeing the sun explode in real time is not a contradiction to not seeing each other for 8 minutes.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy