Old 07-31-2014, 06:08 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
I can't really see the avatar clearly. What exactly is emerging from the person's ass?
Is that what it is? I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I just like the comment because that's what I'm thinking most of the time. :giggle:
It is very clearly a dark skinned man with his ass in the air, but something is sticking up out of his ass, and I can't see what it is.
Now the image is coming into focus. I don't know if I like this avatar now that I know what it is. :(

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 07-31-2014, 06:21 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
I just explained that this one photon can be used to see the Sun as I look at it in real time, but this lasts only an instant. This same photon continues traveling to Earth
Are you fucking insane? Is this what you've been thinking all this time when you've argued against what seemed to all of us to be a very simple point regarding location?

A photon is "used" by camera film or the retina by being absorbed and ceasing to exist as a light photon. Light that us "used" is no longer light at all, let alone traveling light! It can't be both "used" by the camera film or retina and continue traveling at the same time.

That is physically impossible, logically impossible, and even the most basic common sense reveals this is a total contradiction.
You're right. If that particular photon is no longer traveling because it strikes the film or retina, then that particular photon will not arrive on Earth 81/2 minutes later. So what? Where does this observation negate this model of sight?
You still need to answer how the specific photons absorbed at the camera film got to the camera without traveling there at the speed of light.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:36 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the information (the wavelength/frequency) does not exist without the object.
Light has immutable properties with or without the source in existence. If it is light, it has a wavelength. :facepalm:
Well I believe you're quite wrong here. Light does have a wavelength, and it is full spectrum when it arrives on Earth. You aren't saying anything new, and therefore you are not proving your case.
Full spectrum is NOT a wavelength. And LadyShea was quite right to say that all light always has a wavelength even without the light source remaining in existence. You were wrong to claim otherwise.
I agree with you. Full spectrum light is made up of many wavelengths. This doesn't change what I'm trying to get across, but thanks for clarifying.
It rather does change what you were trying to get across which was "the information (the wavelength/frequency) does not exist without the object."

Wavelength absolutely does exist without objects, because it is a property of light to have a wavelength, and light exists independent of its source.
I'm only talking about the partial spectrum that is the mirror image of the object when we are looking at it.
No such thing as a "mirror image of the object" is known to exist, is suspected to exist, it mathematically predicted to exist, nor has been shown to exist, nor have you provided any reason to even think it might exist. It is therefore something you conjured up that doesn't exist.

Quote:
I did not say light doesn't travel independently but this light is full spectrum light.
Spectroscopy demonstrates differently. Light travels
Quote:
You are trying to make it seem that light is light
Light is light in reality, I am not trying to make it seem like anything.,
Quote:
but light has properties LadyShea and whether it is partial or full spectrum light is central to this discussion.
It has properties, but whether light of a single wavelength (like a laser) or multiple wavelengths is traveling together is meaningless to anything in the discussion.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:37 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Light has immutable properties with or without the source in existence. If it is light, it has a wavelength. :facepalm:
Well I believe you're quite wrong here. Light does have a wavelength, and it is full spectrum when it arrives on Earth. You aren't saying anything new, and therefore you are not proving your case.

Why do you suppose that Mars is called "The Red Planet"?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The optical receiver on the telescope, which has a lens and sensor just like a camera, detects the laser light at 2.6 seconds. You have said over and over and over again that cameras, and microscopes and telescopes and binoculars (anything with a lens) detect in real time.

Why is this experiment different? Why the delay?
The delay is because the object or flash didn't meet the requirements. Being too far away and therefore too dim, regardless of how intense the laser light was), renders the inability for the telescope to pick up this light. It's as simple as that LadyShea, and you are denying this because you never paid any attention to what the requirements are otherwise this question wouldn't even come up.
Lessans never made this exception for things that are small or far away. He said that if we see things at all, we see them in real time. And we do see the flash on the moon. We just see it 1.3sec after it happens.
He also said that they have to be big enough and bright enough. So, according to Lessans, we see (i.e. perceive or detect) things that are big enough and bright enough to be seen. Therefore, if we see/perceive/detect something then that means that it must be big enough and bright enough to be seen/perceived/detected.
That is true. That means that we are seeing this piece of substance in real time.
No it doesn't. It means that we see the thing when the light coming from it reaches the optical receiver (i.e. eye, camera, etc.). That is never instantly.
That's what I'm disputing Angakuk, the fact that if the flash did meet these requirements, we would see it when it strikes the reflector, not 1.3 seconds later.
I know you are disputing it, but you are disputing it without presenting even a speck of evidence in support of your position. The standard explanation, on the other hand, has truck loads of evidence, most of which has been presented here on more than one occasion. If you think you have evidence for your position, then produce it. In other words, put up or shut up.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
Lessans never made this exception for things that are small or far away. He said that if we see things at all, we see them in real time. And we do see the flash on the moon. We just see it 1.3sec after it happens.
Of course he did.
No, he didn't. Lessans never said that we see some things in real-time and small or far away things in delayed time. He said we see things in real-time or not at all.

Quote:
The laser was a small flash reflected off of an 18 inch reflective surface. How in the world could a telescope detect something that small. That would be the size of an artifact which a telescope cannot resolve.
But the telescope DOES detect and resolve it, remember?
Yes, at 2.6 seconds. The flash would have been too dim to be detected at that distance and one of the requirements is that the object (in this case the light) has to be bright enough, which at 1.3 seconds it was not .
So, was the flash brighter at 2.6 seconds than it was at 1.3 seconds? If it was brighter at 2.6 seconds, how do you account for this increase in brightness?
The intensity didn't change, but the location of the beam as it arrived on Earth allowed the telescope to detect it.
What does "the location of the beam" even mean? If you mean the location of the photons then you are correct. The photons had to change their location from the photo-reflector on the Moon to the optical receiver on the Earth. They can only accomplish that by traveling from the Moon to the Earth at the speed of light.
All you're doing is going right back to the afferent account and repeating it. That's what sounds logical and therefore that's what you believe is true.
Answer the question. What do you mean by "the location of the beam"?

Quote:
You have to remember that my father came to this finding indirectly.
Which is probably why he got it all so terribly wrong.

Quote:
The verdict is still out so it's premature of you to make such a bold claim.
You are probably the only person in the world who thinks so. You are so special.

Quote:
If that particular photon is no longer traveling because it strikes the film or retina, then that particular photon will not arrive on Earth 81/2 minutes later. So what? Where does this observation negate this model of sight?
You are right, it won't be arriving on Earth 8.5 minutes later, because it is already there, absorbed into the film that is also on Earth and it arrived there 8.5 minutes after the Sun was turned on.
LadyShea (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 07:37 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't really see the avatar clearly. What exactly is emerging from the person's ass?
Is that what it is? I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I just like the comment because that's what I'm thinking most of the time. :giggle:
It is very clearly a dark skinned man with his ass in the air, but something is sticking up out of his ass, and I can't see what it is.
Try looking at it efferently.
Artemis Entreri (07-31-2014), LadyShea (07-31-2014), Spacemonkey (07-31-2014), Stephen Maturin (08-01-2014), thedoc (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 07:39 PM
puzzler

It looks like a (small) vase of flowers in the ass to me.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
I just explained that this one photon can be used to see the Sun as I look at it in real time, but this lasts only an instant. This same photon continues traveling to Earth
Are you fucking insane? Is this what you've been thinking all this time when you've argued against what seemed to all of us to be a very simple point regarding location?

A photon is "used" by camera film or the retina by being absorbed and ceasing to exist as a light photon. Light that us "used" is no longer light at all, let alone traveling light! It can't be both "used" by the camera film or retina and continue traveling at the same time.

That is physically impossible, logically impossible, and even the most basic common sense reveals this is a total contradiction.
You're right. If that particular photon is no longer traveling because it strikes the film or retina, then that particular photon will not arrive on Earth 81/2 minutes later. So what? Where does this observation negate this model of sight?
You still need to answer how the specific photons absorbed at the camera film got to the camera without traveling there at the speed of light.
LadyShea, this has to do with efferent VISION. If the eyes see the object (which is not part of the afferent account), then it creates a closed system where the light would be at the eye as instantly as it would take light to reach your eyes from a candle. It's a perfect analogy because we're not talking about time here; we're talking about proportion; the size and intensity of the Sun relative to the lens.

This font is getting so small I can barely read it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 07-31-2014, 07:57 PM
puzzler

Quote:
This font is getting so small I can barely read it. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Hold down the Ctrl key and press the 0 (zero) key to get standard size.

If you have a mouse wheel, you can hold down the Ctrl key and use the mouse wheel to zoom the text bigger and smaller
Old 07-31-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Full spectrum is NOT a wavelength. And LadyShea was quite right to say that all light always has a wavelength even without the light source remaining in existence. You were wrong to claim otherwise.
I agree with you. Full spectrum light is made up of many wavelengths. This doesn't change what I'm trying to get across, but thanks for clarifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
It rather does change what you were trying to get across which was "the information (the wavelength/frequency) does not exist without the object."
I'm sorry to inform you that the light from the Hubble deep field is full spectrum light. This light has no information in it in the sense of bringing to us knowledge about external objects or events. It may give us information about the age of the galaxy, but that's not what I'm talking about. Stop conflating the two issues as if they are one.

Quote:
Wavelength absolutely does exist without objects, because it is a property of light to have a wavelength, and light exists independent of its source.
That's where we part ways. Full spectrum light has all the wavelengths and that is what travels independently.

Quote:
I'm only talking about the partial spectrum that is the mirror image of the object when we are looking at it.
Quote:
No such thing as a "mirror image of the object" is known to exist, is suspected to exist, it mathematically predicted to exist, nor has been shown to exist, nor have you provided any reason to even think it might exist. It is therefore something you conjured up that doesn't exist.
First of all this entire discovery is unprecedented. That's why certain words have to be explained in the context of this discussion. Of course a mirror image is not known to exist, nor has it been shown to exist, or mathematically predicted to exist, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist in reference to this model of sight. I am saying that a mirror image is a pretty accurate term in the sense that the space between the object and the lens would create a mirror image as we look at the object. So why shouldn't I use the term? I think it gives people a better idea of how this account works.

Quote:
I did not say light doesn't travel independently but this light is full spectrum light.
Quote:
Spectroscopy demonstrates differently. Light travels
Why do you keep saying that? We all know light travels but spectroscopy does not prove what you think it does.
Quote:
You are trying to make it seem that light is light
Quote:
Light is light in reality, I am not trying to make it seem like anything.
Yes you are. It would be like clumping all people of one race together and saying they are all alike because people are people and therefore have no individual characteristics. :crazy:
Quote:
but light has properties LadyShea and whether it is partial or full spectrum light is central to this discussion.
Quote:
It has properties, but whether light of a single wavelength (like a laser) or multiple wavelengths is traveling together is meaningless to anything in the discussion.
It has absolute relevance to this discussion. Moreover, there is no way scientists can prove through observation that the light being reflected from a distant object is traveling with a partial spectrum or a full spectrum of light, so your opinion doesn't mean much.

Last edited by peacegirl; 07-31-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptimus View Post
Quote:
Hold down the Ctrl key and press the 0 (zero) key to get standard size.

If you have a mouse wheel, you can hold down the Ctrl key and use the mouse wheel to zoom the text bigger and smaller
Thanks Ceptimus. I can now see what I'm typing. lol I didn't realize how small the font can get. My laptop is doing all kinds of weird things. This was one of them. My mouse broke not too long ago so my daughter-in-law offered to get the same mouse for me that she bought for herself.

Last edited by peacegirl; 07-31-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
I'm sorry to inform you that the light from the Hubble deep field is full spectrum light. This light has no information in it in the sense of bringing to us knowledge about external objects or events.
"Full spectrum" light? Do you mean white light? It sure doesn't look that way to me. Look at the picture, that's not just white light. And that this light has no information in it is a pretty stupid claim.

The Hubble Ultra Deep Field:

Quote:
Quote:
That's where we part ways. Full spectrum light has all the wavelengths and that is what travels independently.
So white light travels, but yellow light doesn't? Is that what you mean?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-03-2014), LadyShea (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why do you suppose that Mars is called "The Red Planet"?
Because of its iron content. What's your point?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The optical receiver on the telescope, which has a lens and sensor just like a camera, detects the laser light at 2.6 seconds. You have said over and over and over again that cameras, and microscopes and telescopes and binoculars (anything with a lens) detect in real time.

Why is this experiment different? Why the delay?
The delay is because the object or flash didn't meet the requirements. Being too far away and therefore too dim, regardless of how intense the laser light was), renders the inability for the telescope to pick up this light. It's as simple as that LadyShea, and you are denying this because you never paid any attention to what the requirements are otherwise this question wouldn't even come up.
We do see the flash 1.3 seconds after it happens because at that point the laser has traveled back to Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk
He also said that they have to be big enough and bright enough. So, according to Lessans, we see (i.e. perceive or detect) things that are big enough and bright enough to be seen. Therefore, if we see/perceive/detect something then that means that it must be big enough and bright enough to be seen/perceived/detected.
That is true. That means that we are seeing this piece of substance in real time.
No it doesn't. It means that we see the thing when the light coming from it reaches the optical receiver (i.e. eye, camera, etc.). That is never instantly.
That's what I'm disputing Angakuk, the fact that if the flash did meet these requirements, we would see it when it strikes the reflector, not 1.3 seconds later.
Quote:
I know you are disputing it, but you are disputing it without presenting even a speck of evidence in support of your position. The standard explanation, on the other hand, has truck loads of evidence, most of which has been presented here on more than one occasion. If you think you have evidence for your position, then produce it. In other words, put up or shut up.
Are you kidding me? Did you not read Chapter Four? He observed something about the eyes that proves we don't see in real time. Can you remember anything about that chapter?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course he did.
No, he didn't. Lessans never said that we see some things in real-time and small or far away things in delayed time. He said we see things in real-time or not at all.

Quote:
The laser was a small flash reflected off of an 18 inch reflective surface. How in the world could a telescope detect something that small. That would be the size of an artifact which a telescope cannot resolve.
But the telescope DOES detect and resolve it, remember?
Yes, at 2.6 seconds. The flash would have been too dim to be detected at that distance and one of the requirements is that the object (in this case the light) has to be bright enough, which at 1.3 seconds it was not .
So, was the flash brighter at 2.6 seconds than it was at 1.3 seconds? If it was brighter at 2.6 seconds, how do you account for this increase in brightness?
The intensity didn't change, but the location of the beam as it arrived on Earth allowed the telescope to detect it.
What does "the location of the beam" even mean? If you mean the location of the photons then you are correct. The photons had to change their location from the photo-reflector on the Moon to the optical receiver on the Earth. They can only accomplish that by traveling from the Moon to the Earth at the speed of light.
All you're doing is going right back to the afferent account and repeating it. That's what sounds logical and therefore that's what you believe is true.
Quote:
Answer the question. What do you mean by "the location of the beam"?
The beam's reflection is either at the moon or on Earth. We can't see the reflection on the moon because it's too small, but we would be able to see the light as it strikes the telescope on Earth.

Quote:
You have to remember that my father came to this finding indirectly.
Quote:
Which is probably why he got it all so terribly wrong.
That's just not true. Maybe I'm not explaining it like he could.

Quote:
The verdict is still out so it's premature of you to make such a bold claim.
Quote:
You are probably the only person in the world who thinks so. You are so special.
I don't know why I happen to be the daughter of someone who made three discoveries, so if that makes me special, I can accept that. But everybody is special in their own unique way. :yup:

Quote:
If that particular photon is no longer traveling because it strikes the film or retina, then that particular photon will not arrive on Earth 81/2 minutes later. So what? Where does this observation negate this model of sight?
Quote:
You are right, it won't be arriving on Earth 8.5 minutes later, because it is already there, absorbed into the film that is also on Earth and it arrived there 8.5 minutes after the Sun was turned on.
Thanks for reminding me of the afferent account, like I haven't heard it a thousand times already. :laugh:

Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
Stop using pronouns without explaining what the hell you are talking about. Anyway, no, that is not the problem with the postman's explanation. The problem is that he was asked about one letter and gave an answer for a completely different letter. Just as YOU do when asked about the photons at the film
But you're missing the fact that this one photon (this one letter) can be used to see the Sun if it happens to be the light that forms the mirror image which takes virtually no time (think about the candle and how the Sun example is analogous. This photon is still in the process of traveling to Earth which takes 81/2 minutes. These are two completely different phenomena. Your question is fair. I just hope you realize that there is no conflict between the traveling photon and using this same photon to see what's out there before it actually arrives on Earth.
Not the photons I asked about.

Quote:
Quote:
But those are not the photons I asked about, are they?
I just explained that this one photon can be used to see the Sun as I look at it in real time, but this lasts only an instant. This same photon continues traveling to Earth and if I keep my eye on the Sun, there are many different photons that will be taking its place because it's not the photon that has any individual characteristics other than the full spectrum; it's what these photons are revealing as we look in that direction.
Still not the photons I asked about.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...this automatically has the light at the film or retina.
THOSE are the photons I asked about. Did THOSE photons come from the Sun and get to the film by traveling?
Of course. Photons travel and each and every second they are in a different place in time.
Right, so please answer my questions about THESE photons (the ones at the camera film on Earth at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited), and without mentioning or reverting to any other different photons.

You need photons at the camera film when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons?

Did they come from the Sun?

Did they get to the film by traveling?

Did they travel at the speed of light?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

Don't commit the postman's mistake by talking about different photons from those which are at the retina at 12:00. Don't even mention any photons other than those I have asked about. If you get to the end of the questions and realize the photons you are talking about are not the ones at the film at 12:00, then you have fucked up again and have failed to actually answer what was asked.
Angakuk (08-03-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No, I won't change the subject until you directly and honestly answer my questions.
Well I may not stick around for long then.
Can't be honest, huh?

Quote:
It amazes me that there is no interest in determinism. On every other forum I've been to, this is discussed quite often.
It's not about a lack of interest. It's about refusing to let you get away with dishonesty and evasive weaseling.

Quote:
It came from the list of avatars that was offered. I chose it myself but I only chose it because I'm constantly thinking WTF when people misunderstand what I'm saying. I have no idea what the picture represents. Do you?
I think it represents you perfectly. :giggle:
Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
I'm sorry to inform you that the light from the Hubble deep field is full spectrum light. This light has no information in it in the sense of bringing to us knowledge about external objects or events.
"Full spectrum" light? Do you mean white light? It sure doesn't look that way to me. Look at the picture, that's not just white light. And that this light has no information in it is a pretty stupid claim.

The Hubble Ultra Deep Field:

Quote:
Quote:
So white light travels, but yellow light doesn't? Is that what you mean?
You're right. We do see different colors. I read that galaxies and stars evolve and their color changes as they mature, evolve, and eventually die. I also read that you can tell the temperature of a star or galaxy by its color because color is closely related to the wavelength at which its light intensity peaks. This is very interesting, but I'm not sure how it negates real time vision. Changes in color actually help scientists determine a stars age and temperature. But seeing galaxies in different colors, and seeing events from the past (as if this were possible) are two entirely different things. I don't see the connection. You may. The following video gives you an even closer look at the many galaxies found in this one spot of sky.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/...ge-of-galaxies

Last edited by peacegirl; 07-31-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No, I won't change the subject until you directly and honestly answer my questions.
Quote:
Can't be honest, huh?
Why are you being nasty all over again? I don't like talking about light and sight with no end to this. There is a war going on, and it's more important to talk about his other discovery.

Quote:
It amazes me that there is no interest in determinism. On every other forum I've been to, this is discussed quite often.
Quote:
It's not about a lack of interest. It's about refusing to let you get away with dishonesty and evasive weaseling.
I didn't say I wouldn't come back to this topic. His other discovery is more important at the moment.

Quote:
It came from the list of avatars that was offered. I chose it myself but I only chose it because I'm constantly thinking WTF when people misunderstand what I'm saying. I have no idea what the picture represents. Do you?
Quote:
I think it represents you perfectly. :giggle:
You would. :sadcheer:

Old 07-31-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spacemonkey, I do appreciate your thoughts on this subject; in fact I really respect you. I am just asking (because I cannot move to another forum if you answer wrongly lol) that you allow us to take a break on this subject. You never did think through (only in my estimation) that man's will is not free. This is soooo important that I hope you will take a second look. Will you or will you not? This will have a major effect on whether it is worth it to me to stick around.
:lol: When did you first say this? Back in early 2011?

Quote:
:lol:

Desperately trying to change the subject from light and sight again, are we?

We've been over your "two-sided equation." It's not an equation, and it's rubbish.

Quote:
BTW, where did your avatar come from? Did you choose it yourself?
Quote:
You are priceless. You are the greatest generator of WTF in the history of the Internet.

I think that's a horse's tail coming out of the rear end. It is suggesting that you are a horse's ass. :gallop: :bartmoon:
If no one wants to talk about his other discovery, then I don't want to stay. The two-sided equation is not rubbish David. It's amazing how easy it is to put a value on something you don't even understand.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
what I believe is true (whether you think it's faith based or not) is that light only has to be at the object being viewed, because if the object is seen (when it meets the requirements) this automatically has the light at the film or retina.
Now you are back to light photons being at two locations at the same time, which is not compatible with the principles of optics or the properties of light.

1. At the object being viewed
2. At the film/retina
I think I see the confusion. I hope I cleared it up in a recent post.
LOL, you are only now understanding the very simple objection we've been talking about for years?
You have to remember that my father came to this finding indirectly. From this observation he realized that two things are necessary for sight (which I've been repeating for years); that the object has to be bright enough and large enough to be seen. In other words, the photon that is traveling may be there at that exact moment when I'm looking at the Sun.
You are just weaseling again because you can't come up with a model that doesn't contradict observed reality and known principles of physics.

If a light photon is somewhere, it had to either be emitted there, or traveled there at the speed of light. Make that work with light photons being instantly on camera film on Earth or admit that your model is nonsense.

Quote:
It will not be there an instant later, for photons are constantly being replaced
Quote:
Weasel

You need to tell us where those specific photons, the ones that are being absorbed by camera film on Earth at exactly 12:00 noon at the exact moment the Sun was turned on, came from and how they got to the camera film on Earth without a travel time delay.

Everything else you are rambling about it just red herrings. Answer the questions or shut the fuck up already.
These are no red herrings. The photon is at the film due to a mirror image which takes as little time as it takes to see any mirror image because it's the size and intensity of the object relative to the viewer that makes this possible, not traveling light.

Last edited by peacegirl; 08-01-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can't be honest, huh?
Why are you being nasty all over again?
I'm not being nasty. You just said you won't stick around because I won't change the subject until you can be honest in answering my questions. You obviously have a problem with directly and honestly answering questions.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
:whygod:
God, make it stop!
Why go through the trouble of re-creating reruns? Just read the reruns and save yourself the wear and tear on the keyboard!
Just so you know, most of my posts and I assume many of the posts of others, excepting Peacegirl, are not for the benefit of Peacegirl, nor do I have any expectation of changing her mind, and I assume others may feel the same way. My posts and many of the others are purely for the benefit of the thousands, nay millions of lurkers who are silently reading this thread and possibly being misled by the Lessans/Peacegirl fantasy.

FYI, if this thread is very distressing to you, you have my permission to not browse this thread. Just thought you'd like to know.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm Deplorable.

[quote=Clueless;1198485]
But you're missing the fact that this one photon (this one letter) can be used to see the Sun if it happens to be the light that forms the mirror image which takes virtually no time (think about the candle and how the Sun example is analogous. This photon is still in the process of traveling to Earth which takes 81/2 minutes. These are two completely different phenomena. Your question is fair. I just hope you realize that there is no conflict between the traveling photon and using this same photon to see what's out there before it actually arrives on Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivious View Post
I just explained that this one photon can be used to see the Sun as I look at it in real time, but this lasts only an instant. This same photon continues traveling to Earth and if I keep my eye on the Sun, there are many different photons that will be taking its place because it's not the photon that has any individual characteristics other than the full spectrum; it's what these photons are revealing as we look in that direction.

Do you even read your posts, and don't you see just how stupid all this is?

There is no such thing as a photon with a full spectrum, each photon has a frequency that corresponds to a particular color. A full spectrum consists of all frequencies of photons together.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
BTW, where did your avatar come from? Did you choose it yourself?
The picture represents that everything you post is coming out of your ass.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:21 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
I'm sorry to inform you that the light from the Hubble deep field is full spectrum light.
:foocl:

You see, everyone? She is sorry to inform of us this. :pat:

My God, you are stupid.

All you have to do is take a look at the pictures from the Hubble to disprove your statement. You don't know what full spectrum even means, do you? You don't even know what wavelengths mean, or what they denote, do you? Despite having his explained to you more times than one can count.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-03-2014), But (03-11-2017), LadyShea (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
:whygod:
God, make it stop!
Why go through the trouble of re-creating reruns? Just read the reruns and save yourself the wear and tear on the keyboard!
Just so you know, most of my posts and I assume many of the posts of others, excepting Peacegirl, are not for the benefit of Peacegirl, nor do I have any expectation of changing her mind, and I assume others may feel the same way. My posts and many of the others are purely for the benefit of the thousands, nay millions of lurkers who are silently reading this thread and possibly being misled by the Lessans/Peacegirl fantasy.

FYI, if this thread is very distressing to you, you have my permission to not browse this thread. Just thought you'd like to know.
:lol: It doesn't distress me in the least! I'm just absolutely gobsmacked confounded why you all keep asking the same questions over and over and getting the same non-answers as you did two, three years ago!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am envisioning seeing the light from our own Sun if suddenly it turned into a dwarf and its color changed. I would see the light emitted from the Sun as a different color, but it still wouldn't change the fact that I would be seeing this light in real time (if efferent vision is correct). As far as galaxies that no longer exist, if scientists say this light travels forever, then I believe it. But even that doesn't negate the plausibility of real time vision. We would just be seeing light that had traveled a great distance to get here, but we would be seeing very old light in real time. This doesn't apply to objects and events of the past.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy