Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
It just proves that I know Lessans was right, and one day I will stand in redemption. I would never say I told you so, but I would want to so darn bad after what I've been through.
What you've been through has been of your own making. You've not been forced to start these discussions, or have these discussions, or continue these discussions.

The most pertinent part of Vivisectus' post is this
Quote:
However, finding some place where your world-view is at least discussed can be the next best thing, even if the discussion tends to focus on pointing out how silly it is. You then get to be the champion and the martyr, and pretend that since people are at least discussing it, it is somehow relevant. It is especially good if you imagine it all from the perspective of future readers, who will all be convinced Lessanites, and who will look back in wonder at how the lone voice of the prophetess of reason battled the unbelievers without ever letting up.
Of course my being here is my own making, but that does not mean I am wrong just because the few people who have interacted with me think they're right. This is not proof LadyShea, and aren't you all about proof? I feel sad for you because I know how hard you are searching, and you've missed the boat. You will never find a discovery that can change our world as this one. So you'll go about testing certain theories, and think you have it down pat. But you don't. You're not all that. I don't mean this derogatorily. I just wish you would let go a little bit. I actually put the first three chapters on my website. I hope you read them again. I can't go on in a forum that blacklists me as unfairly as this group has done.
peacegirl, you must know by now that there is no blacklist here. It's all you.

Get help.
Oh shut up NA. I wish people were banned. You would be the first to go. It is you who doesn't let up. Talk about consistency. You win the prize of being the most obnoxious poster on this thread.
Get help peacegirl and we all win.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It just proves that I know Lessans was right, and one day I will stand in redemption. I would never say I told you so, but I would want to so darn bad after what I've been through.
What you've been through has been of your own making. You've not been forced to start these discussions, or have these discussions, or continue these discussions.

Quote:
However, finding some place where your world-view is at least discussed can be the next best thing, even if the discussion tends to focus on pointing out how silly it is. You then get to be the champion and the martyr, and pretend that since people are at least discussing it, it is somehow relevant. It is especially good if you imagine it all from the perspective of future readers, who will all be convinced Lessanites, and who will look back in wonder at how the lone voice of the prophetess of reason battled the unbelievers without ever letting up.
Of course my being here is my own making, but that does not mean I am wrong just because the few people who have interacted with me think they're right. This is not proof LadyShea, and aren't you all about proof? I feel sad for you because I know how hard you are searching, and you've missed the boat. You will never find a discovery that can change our world as this one. So you'll go about testing certain theories, and think you have it down pat. But you don't. You're not all that. I don't mean this derogatorily. I just wish you would let go a little bit. I actually put the first three chapters on my website. I hope you read them again. I can't go on in a forum that blacklists me as unfairly as this group has done.

Get help.
Oh shut up NA. I wish people were banned. You would be the first to go. It is you who doesn't let up. Talk about consistency. You win the prize of being the most obnoxious poster on this thread.
No, we will all win when you leave and stop making up lies about my mental state. You are making a total fool of yourself.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
I have said over and over that efferent vision allows light to be at the retina.
But you've never once explained where that light came from or how it got there.

Quote:
There is no gap in distance, which you are unable to wrap your mind around.
There is an actual gap of millions of miles between the Sun and the retina on Earth, so if the photons at the retina came from the Sun then you need to explain how they got from there to the retina without traveling this intervening distance and without teleporting. And if those photons didn't come from the Sun then you need to explain where they did come from.
Once again, you are thinking in terms of light bringing the image through space/time. That is the afferent position. If you think in terms of efferent, the distance is not the issue. It's whether the object is large enough and bright enough to be seen. If it is, it puts the eye or film in the optical range of the object. The light does not have to reach Earth because the image is not being received through light that has traveled a certain distance. We are seeing the object due to light's presence, which changes the entire phenomenon. Please don't bump your posts anymore because it's going to be the same old thing over and over again without any resolution. You will then put the blame on me for your lack of understanding.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
I am not discussing the book anymore.

You haven't been "Discussing" the book at all, you only post sections of it and tell people to read it till they understand (agree with) it. The discussion has been only from the other side, that have been pointing out the errors in the book, which you then refuse to acknowledge or address.
The problem with this forum is that free speech means anything goes. It is not conducive for me to discuss such an important piece of knowledge in this kind of atmosphere. I really don't know how I lasted this long. Must have been God's grace. :D
Only if god's grace is your mental illness. Because that is how you have lasted so long. A sane person would have left long ago, insults or not. You are not capable of accepting that there is nothing you can do here. You can only make it worse.

Get help peacegirl. It's your only hope. Otherwise this will go on until you die, or FF closes. This is no way for you to live your life.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Get help.
No, we will all win when you leave and stop making up lies about my mental state. You are making a total fool of yourself.
peacegirl, everyone here has said you are crazy. I'm the only person who actually cares if you get help. The rest are only in it for the sport, such as it is.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
People are not going to get away with this, as long as I'm able to fight back.
Actually people are going to 'get away with it', the posts are all still here and anyone with a working brain can read them and see how silly Lessans ideas are and check for themselves how sound all the criticism is. Much of what has been posted countering Lessans has been referenced to outside sources that can be verified by anyone who cares to check. Lessans claims and your support have nothing to back them up but Lessans book, and that is so full on errors that anyone who cares to look can see, for example Spacemonkey, LadyShea, TLR, Koan, just to name a few. It's sad that you couldn't or wouldn't answer questions or address criticism, and when people called you on that failure, you resorted to attacking the person rather than the topic. You ignore the content and attack the person and now are upset when others 'reply in kind'.
No doc, I have not attacked people until they attacked me. Don't rewrite history. I have made every attempt to answer questions all along, but the attacks on my character have been nonstop. You have been one of the ring leaders.

I have never contradicted myself. It is not a contradiction to say that man is compelled to do what he does (because his will is not free), although nothing can make him do anything against his will. It is not a contradiction to say that in the efferent account we can see objects as long as they are bright enough and large enough to be seen. This means that anything we are able to see places our eyes within the object's optical range.

This thread will be a reminder of what I went through to try to bring this discovery to light. It will be interesting for people to read in the future, if it's still online.

Peacegirl, the attacks started when you started accusing people of lying by saying they had not read the book when it was obvious that they had. no-one could have asked the questions whey did, or make the comments they did, without reading the book. It would not be possible to randomly open the book and find just the page with the point they were questioning, it is obvious that posters here did read the book and were asking for clarification. You, however, took every question as a criticism and an attack on your father, and refused to be even a little helpful. Instead you demanded that they read the parts of the book they were questioning, without giving any assistance at all. You then state that you aren't here to learn but only to pass on this information without question, you assumed the role of a teacher and having superior knowledge to everyone else. As a professional teacher myself, I would say You are a very poor teacher, as you have not presented your message at all clearly, in fact your posts are just as garbled and confused as your fathers book. And that will be here for all to see, as long as this forum exists, longer if someone were to save this entire thread in some kind of archive, a sort of cautionary tale.

Last edited by thedoc; 02-10-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
I have made every attempt to answer questions all along...
No you haven't.

Quote:
I have never contradicted myself...
Yes you have.

Stop lying Peacegirl. You're not fooling anyone.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I'm the only person who actually cares if you get help.
That's not true at all, NA.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:

There is an actual gap of millions of miles between the Sun and the retina on Earth, so if the photons at the retina came from the Sun then you need to explain how they got from there to the retina without traveling this intervening distance and without teleporting. And if those photons didn't come from the Sun then you need to explain where they did come from.
Once again, you are thinking in terms of light bringing the image through space/time. That is the afferent position. If you think in terms of efferent, the distance is not the issue. It's whether the object is large enough and bright enough to be seen. If it is, it puts the eye or film in the optical range of the object. The light does not have to reach Earth because the image is not being received through light that has traveled a certain distance. We are seeing the object due to light's presence, which changes the entire phenomenon. Please don't bump your posts anymore because it's going to be the same old thing over and over again without any resolution. You will then put the blame on me for your lack of understanding.
None of this addresses my point. Distance is very much an issue even in your efferent account. You just refuse to address or acknowledge the problems it causes. You are saying there is light at the retina. If that light came from the Sun, then you need to explain how it got from the Sun to the retina given the non-negotiable real distance between them. I will keep bumping my questions until you stop dishonestly evading them. You only tried to answer them once, and contradicted yourself when you did. That is not acceptable. For your account to be plausible it has to explain where the light at the retina came from and how it got there.

Did the photons which are at the retina (at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited) come from the Sun? [Yes or No]

Were they ever located at the Sun? [Yes or No]

If so, when were they located at the Sun? [State a time relative to the moment of ignition of the Sun]

If not, where did they come from? [State a physical object or location]
LadyShea (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You haven't been "Discussing" the book at all, you only post sections of it and tell people to read it till they understand (agree with) it. The discussion has been only from the other side, that have been pointing out the errors in the book, which you then refuse to acknowledge or address.
The problem with this forum is that free speech means anything goes. It is not conducive for me to discuss such an important piece of knowledge in this kind of atmosphere. I really don't know how I lasted this long. Must have been God's grace. :D
Only if god's grace is your mental illness. Because that is how you have lasted so long. A sane person would have left long ago, insults or not. You are not capable of accepting that there is nothing you can do here. You can only make it worse.

Get help peacegirl. It's your only hope. Otherwise this will go on until you die, or FF closes. This is no way for you to live your life.
Whether I want to stay here until FF closes or until I die, is none of your business. How I live my life is my business. Obviously, you have nothing going on in your life if you're wasting your time here. I suggest you find a different pasttime or you may die here too. :popcorn:

Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

None of this addresses my point. Distance is very much an issue even in your efferent account. You just refuse to address or acknowledge the problems it causes. You are saying there is light at the retina. If that light came from the Sun, then you need to explain how it got from the Sun to the retina given the non-negotiable real distance between them. I will keep bumping my questions until you stop dishonestly evading them. You only tried to answer them once, and contradicted yourself when you did. That is not acceptable. For your account to be plausible it has to explain where the light at the retina came from and how it got there.

Did the photons which are at the retina (at 12:00 when the Sun is first ignited) come from the Sun? [Yes or No]

If so, when were they located at the Sun? [State a time relative to the moment of ignition of the Sun]

No Spacemonkey, you cannot analyze it this way. If we can see an object, the light is already at the eye because we wouldn't be able to see the object otherwise. That light becomes the mirror image on the retina. These non-absorbed photons do not travel beyond the point at which the object can be seen.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
No Spacemonkey, you cannot analyze it this way. If we can see an object, the light is already at the eye because we wouldn't be able to see the object otherwise. That light becomes the mirror image on the retina. These non-absorbed photons do not travel beyond the point at which the object can be seen.
That the light is already at the eye is not the issue. Your problem is that you have no explanation for where that light came from or how it got there. The afferent account can explain where light at the retina came from and how it got there. Your efferent account cannot, and that is why it fails.

LadyShea (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Whether I want to stay here until FF closes or until I die, is none of your business. How I live my life is my business. Obviously, you have nothing going on in your life if you're wasting your time here. I suggest you find a different pasttime or you may die here too. :popcorn:
I'm afraid that's the very sad part of all this. I will eventually give up or die or FF will close. And unless you get help, you will still be parading around the internet, flogging Lessans book with people who think he was a moron and who know you are crazy but post with you anyway, because they find it fun to taunt a crazy person. No one here expects you to do anything other than what you have already done hundreds of times on this very forum and will do again, and again until you die. You are an internet freak show.

Get help peacegirl.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Reality Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
I'm the only person who actually cares if you get help.
That's not true at all, NA.
Sorry, quite right. I know that you are genuinely concerned for peacegirl. It's just hard for me to remember this with all the questions you ask her about Lessans' science as if you expect a crazy person to give you a sane answer. If you actually think she is crazy and you know how she will answer then what is the point of the questions to her? Are you expecting the horse to sing?
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Spacemonkey's analysis is quite correct, the burden of proof is on you to come up with an explanation to it, preferably ones that do not violate known properties of light.

When people tell you Lessans' ideas break the the laws of physics, they're telling you that it does not correctly describe how the universe behaves. This is why Lessans is wrong.

You shouldn't be here, peacegirl. You'll never "win" the debate because you're wrong, and even if you weren't, you're not capable of describing Lessans' ideas in a way that makes sense to others. It's a fool's errand.

Last edited by specious_reasons; 02-11-2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: missed a word or two
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (02-11-2013), Spacemonkey (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Reality Adventurer

By now it should be abundantly clear that peacegirl cares nothing for "burden of proof", assuming that she understands what it is in the first place. What peacegirl expects from everyone is complete and utter acceptance of Lessans and his book. That is it really. The rest has been histrionics. Early on it had its charms, but for a long time now it's just mental illness on display.
Thanks, from:
koan (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Once again, you are thinking in terms of light bringing the image through space/time.
Once again, nobody here thinks light brings anything. This idea of light carrying images was Lessans misunderstanding of the standard model of vision, and you've stated many times that you understand that it is not correct. Why do you keep using it?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Reality Adventurer

LadyShea, since when has peacegirl been consistent? Are you expecting her to be consistent?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Peacegirl, some time ago you mentioned that you had written a 'Child Safety Book' and right now I can't remember the title. Could you post the title and the date of publication, I know the author. I din't know if you remember my experience potty training my grandson, who is now 7, but at a few months before he was 4 I trained him in 3 days. The Grandaughter turned 3 in Nov. and she is practically potty training herself, with just a little encouragment from everyone. This has taken a little longer but now I think she is accident free for at least a month. As far as the safety book, if I know the title I'll see if the local Library has a copy, It is in print, isn't it?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
How is she outside of those bounds and what are those bounds exactly?
As I said, I'm not a mental health professional, so all I can do is rely on my on experience. In my experience she is well outside the bounds of normal crack pottery. She is crazy.
She behaves in an irrational way, I agree. So much so that you could wonder if there is not something more going on. I think crazy is a good word to use: a lay mans term for something so bizarre that you wonder if it is outside the bounds of what is strictly sane.

But still I do not think it warrants saying repeatedly and with certainty that someone is mentally ill.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Order | See More Safety
Thanks, from:
thedoc (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm afraid that's the very sad part of all this. I will eventually give up or die or FF will close. And unless you get help, you will still be parading around the internet, flogging Lessans book with people who think he was a moron and who know you are crazy but post with you anyway, because they find it fun to taunt a crazy person. No one here expects you to do anything other than what you have already done hundreds of times on this very forum and will do again, and again until you die. You are an internet freak show.

Get help peacegirl.
No, I'm really not NA. That's all in your head. You never read the book; all you do is go by what others say in here. You are a fraud of the worst kind. You are basing all of your conclusions on a lie. I feel sorry for you NA. I really truly do, because when this knowledge is confirmed valid, you will have to answer to yourself as to why you said the things you did about me. Your attitude and condemnation will be very hard to justify. But I will forgive you because your will is not free and you could not help yourself.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Spacemonkey's analysis is quite correct, the burden of proof is on you to come up with an explanation to it, preferably ones that do not violate known properties of light.

When people tell you Lessans' ideas break the the laws of physics, they're telling you that it does not correctly describe how the universe behaves. This is why Lessans is wrong.

You shouldn't be here, peacegirl. You'll never "win" the debate because you're wrong, and even if you weren't, you're not capable of describing Lessans' ideas in a way that makes sense to others. It's a fool's errand.
Oh my god, all these people telling me I shouldn't be in my own thread, yet they are here. Makes no sense at all.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Why the snooping around LadyShea. You are like a rat with a big snout. I don't get it. This website has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so why link it to this forum. You are doing a disservice.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM
puzzler

Quote:
Quote:
Why the snooping around LadyShea. You are like a rat with a big snout. I don't get it. This website has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so why link it to this forum. You are doing a disservice.
Did it cross your mind that LadyShea was just trying to help thedoc? He'd asked about the book a couple of posts earlier.

But I suppose you think saying that LadyShea is like a rat with a big snout is just a bit of friendly well-deserved banter. :shrug:

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy