Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 12-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Re: For all those people who think that cutting corporate taxes will increase revenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Number one, nobody starts a serious business with their own money. NObody does that.
I did, and I used the profits from the first to make more.

Quote:
Second, they insulate their own wealth from that of the business, so that the business defaults, not the owner.
Nope, that is only how it works in your imagined world. I saved for years, living well below my wage to have enough to create for others.

Quote:
Third, what, owners didn't do that back when incomes were more equitably divided? This is something that just started in the last 30 years?
You are confusing the vast majority of business with government sponsored corporations.

Quote:
Fourth, a lot of the wealth gap is generated by big corporations. A good proportion of them have been in operation for decades and are public, whoever started it is not the one in charge anymore and has not been for some good long time. A lot of them are publicly traded.
Those are the ones in league with government you dolt. Tell me some more about the inequity between politician compensation and that of their constituents.

Quote:
Fifth, while a corp may be too big to fail, an individual worker is not, and nobody is going to bail them out. Sixth, why should investment income be taxed less than earned income? What is so special about money made while you fap?
It was government that took from the poor and gave to the rich here dumbass.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Default Re: For all those people who think that cutting corporate taxes will increase revenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Number one, nobody starts a serious business with their own money. NObody does that.
I did, and I used the profits from the first to make more.

Quote:
Second, they insulate their own wealth from that of the business, so that the business defaults, not the owner.
Nope, that is only how it works in your imagined world. I saved for years, living well below my wage to have enough to create for others.

Quote:
Third, what, owners didn't do that back when incomes were more equitably divided? This is something that just started in the last 30 years?
You are confusing the vast majority of business with government sponsored corporations.

Quote:
Fourth, a lot of the wealth gap is generated by big corporations. A good proportion of them have been in operation for decades and are public, whoever started it is not the one in charge anymore and has not been for some good long time. A lot of them are publicly traded.
Those are the ones in league with government you dolt. Tell me some more about the inequity between politician compensation and that of their constituents.

Quote:
Fifth, while a corp may be too big to fail, an individual worker is not, and nobody is going to bail them out. Sixth, why should investment income be taxed less than earned income? What is so special about money made while you fap?
It was government that took from the poor and gave to the rich here dumbass.

You claim to be a businessman and you don't know what an LLC is? What rock have you been hiding under? What business are you in?
The Man (03-24-2015)
Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Quote:
If by jealousy you mean justifiable anger at not sharing equitably in the profits workers help to produce.
lol

Most workers want to clock in for their forty hours and could give a shit if the company they work for is making a profit or not, they just want a pay check and two weeks off a year.

The people who build the business work 7 days a week, 12 plus hours a day with no vacations whilst risking the entirety of their lifetime savings and efforts.

You want a system when there is no risk and no reward, the ultimate result there is bread lines.
LOL at that. I employ a boatload of people, and you are full of shite.

I risk money to make money, and I stand to gain infinitely more from the success of that business than any of my employees. If things go wrong, I will declare bankruptcy and move on, and I will not be significantly worse off than any of them. If things keep going the way they are, I will get money for having worked at some time in the past that is several factors above what any of my employees make in a lifetime.

So seriously, shut the fuck up. Either you know nothing about running a business properly or you are unwilling to face up to the fact that in reality, you had some sort of stroke of luck that allowed you to be a buyer of labour in stead of a seller of your own labour.
Thanks, from:
Adam (12-11-2011), beyelzu (12-12-2011), ceptimus (12-11-2011), chunksmediocrites (12-11-2011), Kael (12-11-2011), LadyShea (12-13-2011), livius drusus (12-11-2011), Qingdai (12-11-2011), Sauron (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), Stephen Maturin (12-12-2011), The Man (12-11-2011), Watser? (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

:yeahthat:

Good grief Jerry Soetoro, the "job creator" hand-job you're giving yourself is ridiculous. You're not running seven imaginary medium-sized corporations because what you really want to do is employ people. The whole "without me there's nothing" bullshit line may work standing in your kitchen lecturing your dog, but nobody else is buying it. You employ people because it is profitable to do so, and because there's some portion of producing "HIV is a Myth" tracts and Obama-Hitler dolls that you can't automate. Yet.

Considering how much so-called "job creator" wealthy jack-asses are already venerated in this country, feel free to shut the fuck up about how much gratitude you're owed on top of everything else.
Thanks, from:
erimir (12-13-2011), Kael (12-11-2011), livius drusus (12-11-2011), Sauron (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011), Watser? (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

If I recall anything about Economics, it is demand that creates jobs, not some magical class of people known as the Job Creators. Employers do not hire people primarily because they want to create jobs, although that may be a factor in some cases. They hire people because they see an opportunity for profit, and they can't do everything themselves.

:lolhog:
Adam (12-11-2011), Ari (12-11-2011), chunksmediocrites (12-11-2011), erimir (12-13-2011), Sauron (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011), Watser? (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
LLC
LLCs are for morons, upper middle class dolts.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post

Yet the fact is my shite produces for society.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
I endevour to do it myself.
:popcorn:
Old 12-11-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
If I recall anything about Economics, it is demand that creates jobs
Yes, and if there are no new innovations then there will be no new jobs.

Would you have a society which does not reward the innovator?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:

No, I hire people that get it.

Be happy in your work, and use you work to make it a better place for the community.

Society ; no matter the laws of government ; the people around you, your community, these are to be served.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
Most workers want to clock in for their forty hours and could give a shit if the company they work for is making a profit or not, they just want a pay check and two weeks off a year.
Most workers actually care about what they do, and you should care too as it greatly increases productivity. Don't you know anything about running a business? Workers also want health benefits, job security, retirement, etc.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh please. Number one, nobody starts a serious business with their own money. NObody does that.
I did.
Wow, what a maroon!
Thanks, from:
SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Wow, what a maroon!
:piggybank:

:capitalistpig:

ari :shakelolhog:

Ari (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Tell us the name of your business and where it is located so that interested readers can check the veracity of your claims, because they are inconsistent with the content of your posts.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-11-2011), erimir (12-13-2011), Kael (12-11-2011), Sauron (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne

Quote:

Actually most workers I know are pretty motivated because they take pride in what they do.

Quote:
The people who build the business work 7 days a week, 12 plus hours a day with no vacations whilst risking the entirety of their lifetime savings and efforts.
No they don't. They just go to the bank for a loan, risk other people's money, and then walk away from their commitments and their employees in a bankruptcy - all while sheltering their personal income, fortunes and assets. Unlike the employees, who will lose everything when the company goes under.

Quote:
You want a system when there is no risk and no reward, the ultimate result there is bread lines.
No, we want a system where everyone plays by the rules, so we can no longer need the soup kitchens and bread lines.

But you knew that already, troll.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Oh please. Number one, nobody starts a serious business with their own money. NObody does that.
I did.
What an interesting assertion. Feel free to support it with facts and citations. Make sure your citations are verifiable; there will be many, many questions.

:popcorn:
Old 12-11-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
If I recall anything about Economics, it is demand that creates jobs
Yes, and if there are no new innovations then there will be no new jobs.
That's funny. There hasn't been any innovation in certain fields for decades - or centuries. Yet those fields continue to produce new jobs.
Are you sure you've ever created a job? Ever?

Quote:
Would you have a society which does not reward the innovator?
Hm.

1. Other countries have much better balanced reward systems for workers and innovators.
2. Other countries continue to innovate.

Conclusion: the skewed current US system is not required to stimulate innovation or "reward the innovator".

Q.E.D.

This, of course, ignores the fact that there is nothing "innovative" about producing "HIV is a Myth" tracts, Soetoro.
chunksmediocrites (12-11-2011), Qingdai (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

JG, That thanked post did give me a laugh.
You sure do troll a lot for someone who is supposedly Job creating harder than any drone worker can work.
Thanks, from:
Jerome (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Are you sure you've ever created a job? Ever?
I don't doubt for a minute that the Gnomeister has made work for plenty of people. After all, someone surely has to clean up the mess he makes of things.
godfry n. glad (12-12-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 10:37 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

I don't buy it. Say my marginal tax rate increased to, oh, let's say 70%. So for every additional $10k I earn, I only get $3k.

This does not leave me with a disincentive to earn more. It just means that if I want to buy a $30k car, I need to earn $100k instead of $60k or $45k. ... So? I still have more money if I earn more money. No downside to me in earning more.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
Dragar (12-11-2011), Sauron (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011), Watser? (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Taxing Job Creators - NYTimes.com

The link in blog post leads to a paper which, among other things, demonstrates that the top marginal rate doesn't start creating that magical disincentive to work until right around 70%.

Disclaimer: I've read several summaries of the paper, but have not read the paper itself.
Thanks, from:
SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011), Watser? (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Randy
San Luis Obispo

I'm afraid Mr. Krugman has forgotten some of his basic economics. If a worker works 1 less hour and is that much less productive, then the supply of goods and services that are available drops by that much. What happens when demand doesn't change but supply drops? Remember back to Econ 101...prices increase! So yes, incomes would stay the same but everyone's spending power would be diminished.

lol
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
the internet says I'm right

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Tell us the name of your business and where it is located so that interested readers can check the veracity of your claims, because they are inconsistent with the content of your posts.
I would be floored if Mr. Gnome would even be willing to name the general industry that even one of his supposed medium-sized corporations is engaged in.

As-is, the more he talks the less willing I am to believe he ever ran a lemonade stand, let alone a company.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (12-12-2011), Gooch's dad (12-11-2011), Qingdai (12-11-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (12-11-2011), Watser? (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
Quote:
Randy
San Luis Obispo

I'm afraid Mr. Krugman has forgotten some of his basic economics. If a worker works 1 less hour and is that much less productive, then the supply of goods and services that are available drops by that much. What happens when demand doesn't change but supply drops? Remember back to Econ 101...prices increase! So yes, incomes would stay the same but everyone's spending power would be diminished.

lol
You're laughing because Randy is retarded? That's mean.
Thanks, from:
SR71 (12-11-2011), Stephen Maturin (12-12-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Randy
San Luis Obispo

lol
Uh, wrong. Can you figure out why this cartoon version of economics 101 is busted, or do you require hints?
Adam (12-13-2011), SR71 (12-11-2011), The Man (03-24-2015)
Old 12-12-2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael View Post
I would be floored if Mr. Gnome would even be willing to name the general industry that even one of his supposed medium-sized corporations is engaged in.
Does multi-level-marketing and spam mail count as an industry?
Stephen Maturin (12-12-2011), The Man (12-12-2011)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law