Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

This isn't really a weird dream, not for me, but this is a dream thrad and this is where I'm putting my dream I had.

The first I remember is I'm in the kitchen. Not my kitchen but someone else's. It's not someone's kitchen I've seen or been in before but I know it's my parent's house. We're having an impromptu party and I'm supposed to be baking a pizza. Someone distracts me somehow and the pizza goes wrong. Not completely but enough that I'm offended and I don't want to serve it to my family.

So I go to the store to replace it. But I want to be smart. I know the original pizza wouldn't have been enough for everyone who was there so I'm going to buy two to replace the one. I am a clever bort. I get to the store and they don't have this specific brand of pizza there. This is truly terrible. I can't replace the one pizza with two pizzas of a different type! I'm searching every isle, usually getting tricked by the model planes isle. I have to find the right brand of pizza or everything I've worked hard for is ruined!

Finally, I just end up picking two pizzas of some other type. But it gets even more distressing. Not only are these two pizzas just wrong, they are really wrong. They're some kind of experimental thing. You know how you make pizzas, right. Roll out the dough, add sauce and cheese and toppings and it's all one big thing? These weren't. I mean, maybe they were at one time, but not anymore. All the slices are separated. So, it's like an exploded model of a pizza. But remember this is experimental! The packaging cooks the pizzas if it gets to a certain temperature or something because the boxes start getting hotter as I'm taking them all home.

What I'm not telling you is that while I was frantic and searching all the wrong isles for pizza of the right brand LISAPEA was being mean to me. "IT WOULD TASTE MUCH BETTER," she'd say "IF YOU USED FRESH INGREDIENTS." And in my head I was all "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT HAS TO BE A SPECIFIC THING OR THEY'LL KNOW AND BE MAD." What I knew I couldn't tell her because it would be a terrible thing to say let alone think is "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAY, ALTON BROWN?!" I actually thought that much later after I was thinking about the dream.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (04-11-2013), curses (04-11-2013), erimir (04-11-2013), Janet (05-01-2013), lisarea (04-11-2013), livius drusus (05-01-2013), Nullifidian (04-13-2013), Sock Puppet (04-11-2013), Stormlight (04-15-2013), The Lone Ranger (05-31-2013), wei yau (04-11-2013), Ymir's blood (04-11-2013)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium