Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > SharonDee

Rate this Entry

Feels good to laugh

Posted 11-12-2007 at 12:18 AM by SharonDee

I had forgotten how good it feels to laugh, really laugh. Not the polite ha-ha that comes when sharing interesting stories with people but a genuine, forget what you were previously thinking about, hee-haw.

Animal companions are good for just that kind of laugh.

As I was gathering up clothes for a late night laundry load, my dogs were play wrestling on the bed. At one point, Nikki was on her back near the edge of the bed while Miss Lucy made mock lunges at her throat. Somehow, Nikki's thrashing legs got under Miss Lucy's brisket and I heard the latter go, "Oof!" as she was launched off the bed and onto the floor.

While Miss Lucy picked herself up, stunned and shaking herself off, I laughed until I thought I was going to wet myself. The dogs paid me no mind, going back to their play while I struggled to return to my chores, giggling to myself as I worked.

Dang, I love those dogs!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19388 Comments 5 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Laughing is definitely good for a person. I need more laughter in my life.
  2. Old Comment
    How cute! Sounds just like my doggies, they are way better entertainment than people.
  3. Old Comment
    No pet is a better source of genuine belly laughs than a ferret, preferably two of them. They are perpetual kittens, and so amazingly agile that they never cease to surprise you.

My first ferret, Alger, used to reduce my friend Sarah to a hopeless puddle of mirth, and she wasn't even an animal person. He would bound over to her purse, dive in head first, rustle around for something good, then bound away with whatever he'd scored, usually keys.

The performance was so adorably funneh she could hardly stand up long enough to track him down and get her stuff back.
    Updated 11-13-2007 at 01:01 AM by livius drusus
  4. Old Comment
    Animals and two year olds. Both bring involuntary laughter:yup:
  5. Old Comment
    Even on my worst days, my animals can make me laugh. :vibes: