Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Sigh.

Posted 01-11-2008 at 02:27 AM by wildernesse

Many of you have probably heard of the murdered hiker in north Georgia--a young woman, hiking with her dog, attacked on a trail in a popular state park. It's a terrible story. A friend of mine mentioned it on my blog, and The Moms have also brought it up. Don't hike by yourself! It's dangerous out there!

It's so frustrating to me.

Yes, hiking alone is not as safe as hiking with someone. Yes, it can be dangerous for women to be alone out in the world (anywhere)....
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's Iowa Caucuses today..

Posted 01-03-2008 at 12:26 PM by biochemgirl

FINALLY! Maybe Hillary and Romney will stop calling my house five damn times a day each.

I might miss them though, we are best buds now and everything. In the end it's best that they go their way and I go mine. :longing:

:giggle:
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Two for one!

Posted 12-30-2007 at 07:49 PM by BrotherMan

Now that the end of the year is upon us, I'm reviewing what I saw and what I want to see. Hey, it's either that or clip my toenails.

Movies for 2008

Not a complete list. I can't tell looking at names what may or may not strike my fancy.

Dungeon Siege – I played the original game. I feel like it's Geek Code to have to see this.

Cloverfield – This better not be like how I hear Lost is. All build up and no resolve. I like JJ Abrams, he...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You can hate me now.

Posted 12-30-2007 at 07:37 PM by BrotherMan

I know you've been waiting with baited breath, so here it is. My year in movies. I left out rentals because they just don't count. And I didn't watch very many.
  1. Transformers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's just robots beating the crap out of each other. I shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. But I did enjoy it. A lot.

2. Harry Potter :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

This movie was everything
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I'm trying here

Posted 12-10-2007 at 01:28 AM by biochemgirl

I am doing my very best to make the most out of the holidays with the hubby. I love the holidays so I am trying to concentrate on what's important, spending time with him and cherishing it. We both seem to have a good amount of time off of work around Christmas so I am hoping we can just spend a lot of time together. We will also be driving down to Texas to see his family, then driving him off to his school and getting him settled, and then I will fly back. I think the trip is a nice distraction...
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized