Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Curses! Foiled again!

Random recipes, ranting, and other various things that begin with "r".
Rate this Entry

The Perils of Exercising..

Posted 09-28-2007 at 01:54 AM by curses
Updated 10-09-2007 at 01:49 AM by curses

..Or how I decided to take up soccer 15 years and 85 lbs later.

Man, my shins are killing me! It's been so long since I've been up and running about that I almost..can't. Every time my foot strikes the ground while chasing an errant soccer ball, a shooting pain runs right up the front of my shin. Ouchies. Nothing an Advil and an Epsom salt soak couldn't cure, though.

I'd forgotten just how much fun organized sports could be, though. For you see I love playing soccer and volleyball, but I strayed from the path. The last few years of my life have been full of offices and stresses, deadlines and a general lack of motivation for anything, so it's nice to get out and smell the turf again. But it comes with a price. I'm sure that my body will get used to it slowly, and it'll be worth it. I hope to find a league next spring, maybe just find a few people who are up for a pickup game.

But I got my shin guards today! You better believe I'm glad to have them, as the bruise on my shin from yesterday fades from purple to green to yellow.
Posted in Fitness
Views 11078 Comments 4 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Youch! That sounds painful, but fun.
    Posted 09-28-2007 at 04:12 AM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Damn. And you haven't even been elbowed in the jaw and kicked in the cooter yet. Something to look forward to. :#1:
  3. Old Comment
    No kidding. Maybe I should call Zidane for some pointers, just in case it comes to retaliation.
    :zidane:
  4. Old Comment
    Sounds like shin splints.